one

First and Last Encounter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Order up! One order of a venti iced skinny Cinnamon Dolce latte with soy milk, half the pumps of the cinnamon Dolce, with foam and whip, one scoop of whey protein, well mixed with cinnamon on top." I dinged the bell on the counter and waited for the customer to take their drink.

A girl in her early 20's looked up from her phone and strutted her way to the counter.

"I'm still amazed at how you've managed to memorize my order! Even I have a hard time remembering," the girl complimented me and covered her giggle with her hand.

"It's definitely not a problem for me. And besides, that's the least I can do for our regular customer," I looked up before pouring another splash of soy milk into the tin container and shot a smile.

"You're the best!" she waved her hand while walking towards the door.

I swear, making someone's day like this is the best feeling ever.

My grin stayed on as I grinded up some more beans.

"Could you ring up the next customer, __? I'm stuck on a long order for another customer," my co-worker groaned.

"No problem." I hurried and finished the order I was working on and wiped my hands on my apron before meeting eyes with the next customer.

"Hi, how can I help you-" I paused before I could finish my sentence.

The boy took his spiffy shades off and stoke his grayish blue hair to the side. Dressed in a simple, clean cut suit, he put one of the arms of his sunglasses inside his shirt and hung it on there. These days, guys are looking prettier than girls as many started to wear makeup to even up the game field with the ladies.

His dark but subtle eyeshadow sparkled on his eyelids with a little wing of eyeliner. , how does one put on eyeliner... Not that I couldn't put it on, it just takes me nearly an hour to perfect my makeup every morning.

I was in awe when seeing his cute monolids blink. He looked confused.

"Um, are you ready?" He raised his eyebrows and looked at me. 

I snapped into reality and realized that I was still staring at him.

"Oh, sorry! Yes, I'm ready! What can I get you?" I fussed with the sharpie in my hand. I looked up and drowned in his eyes again.

"Can I just get a tall vanilla latte, 2 pumps? Not too sweet. Thanks." He ruffles through his pocket, looking for his wallet.

"One tall vanilla latte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter