One - The Bullet

Russian Roulette

 

This place is the color of a dark night, even the shadows get lost; that's our love.

 

"The black area had been cleared up. Can we get sanitization done..like now?"

"Patience, Hun. I'll send the team. Suho-hyung should be there in two minutes."

"Why are you whispering...? Hyung, are you still in your house? Can't you come out for a while?"

"I can't.. Baekhee is asking me to clean the room before she finished her assignment. Women and their PMS are sure two lethal things that exists in this world."

"Whipped."

"Get married, Hun."

"Whatever hyung."

 

Chanyeol ended the call once he heard a loud crash coming from downstairs of his house, the phone was thrown on the bed before he ran outside of their bedroom.

 

"Baekhee?"

 

There was no answer except for the rustling curtains from the open living room, Chanyeol's heartbeat was speeding up, his eyes were searching for his One and Only.

 

"Baek?"

 

He opened all the room's door with his whispered "Baek?", but still he had no answers and it leads him to Baekhee's study room. The door knob was locked and all Chanyeol knew was to bang the door with his fisted hands.

 

"Park Baekhee, this is not a joke. Are you inside, darling?"

 

"Why are you screaming in front of my work room?" It was auto-piloted, Chanyeol turned his back and hugged his bunch of happiness in the form of a young lady named Baekhee - she was wearing her white favourite hoodie and Chanyeol's Rilakkuma boxers with a bottle of water in her left hand.

"Baekhee!" Baekhee was tangled into Chanyeol's bear hug with a frown on her eyebrows. "What's this?"

"Why aren't you answering me?" Chanyeol saw the headphones were placed on her neck and still blaring with loud punk music before muttering an "Oh, that's why.."

"What's wrong, dear? Chanyeol, are you oka-mmmmm!"

 

Chanyeol kissed her hard until her lips bleed.

 

"W-what...."

"D-don't make me call you twice."

*****

Chanyeol woke up the next morning with a pout when he felt his side was empty and cold. His nightmare of Baekhee left him was still fresh in his memory - since he married Byun Baekhee, an architecture student of Seoul National University, his life had never been empty. Baekhee was literally his ball of sunshine and Sehun, his brother noticed his cold facade was melting when he first met Baekhee.

Sehun was against the marriage - he said Baekhee was really innocent and pure to his dislike. But once he met her, Sehun smiled to his heart's content - "That's your only girl that I approve, okay!"

Chanyeol walked into the bathroom, to find a neon pink sticky note with a message of 'I bought my fav shower gel. Oppa have to use it!' on the mirror. Before he knew, he was smiling like a silly man and enjoyed his morning bath. Once he went to the kitchen, he saw another pink sticky note placed on the refrigerator beside their selfies in the form of fridge magnets - 'Oppa, I made kimchi bibimbap. You have to eat it, okay. GTG I have classes!'

As Sehun had strongly opposed, him marrying a degree student might cost himself a burden until the girl graduates. But Chanyeol loves Baekhee so much and he is always willing to give her the space that she needs - there are times Baekhee stayed outside the house to complete her portfolio and cramping her own rest time. 

 

Or is he?

***

"Baobei."

"Jiě."

"It's about time. Father summoned you to come home immediately."

"B-but...!"

"Baobei, our people needs you."

"Yes, jiě."

"Good, Lu Yuan. Tell me when you're ready."

****

"Baekhee-noona!" A young boy tapped Baekhee's shoulders before flashing his wide grin and pulled her into his arms. Baekhee smiled and patted his back before releasing herself from the boy. "I'm not that old, Kim Jongin!"

"Ey, you are a married woman now! So you're old!" Jongin ran away before Baekhee had herself running behind him, a dash to their lecture wouldn't harm her, right? The duo plopped themselves beside a young girl who was flipping a magazine and keep on fighting. Kyunghee - the girl raised her head and also her hands; "Shut up you fools. You're taking away my concentration."

"Awww, Kyungie is mad!" Jongin pinched her cheeks and laughed when the girl blushed wildly. "S-stop that, okay!"

A vibrate from Baekhee's phone caused them to stop laughing - Baekhee's smile disappeared when she read the message. Her hands shivered once the lights on the phone goes off. Her eyes looked around and she let out a deep sigh.

"Baek..?"

"I'm fine! Just.. I forgot something to be done haha.." Kyunghee smiled before noticing her bestfriend slash childhood friend was shivering; she hoped the lecture would help Baekhee to forget the message.

 

'Was Kim Jongin's hug warm?'

 

*****

"Sehun-oppa!"

"Hi, Baekhee."

"What are you doing here? Are you visiting someone?" Baekhee smiled before she saw Chanyeol's name flashing on her phone screen - she cleared before picking up the call.

"Baby."

"H-hi oppa..! What's up?"

"Why are you extra cute today, Baek?" Baekhee frowned before smiling weakly; Sehun noticed her tense body before trailing behind her - he did feel angry when Chanyeol wanted him to pickup Baekhee from her class today. 

"I'm always cute! What are you saying.....!"

"Okay honey. Make it fifteen, okay!" Chanyeol ended the call and left Baekhee confused.

"Why he said fifteen...."

"Fifteen minutes to come home." Sehun smirked before opening the car's passenger door for Baekhee. "But I have another class at 230pm and now it's 2pm!"

"Cancel that, you wouldn't want this whole university to be bombed."

Sehun grabbed Baekhee's wrist when she purposedly walked backward to escape; she struggled to free herself from his grip but she stopped once she felt a gun was pointed on her waist.

"Shut up and ride the car. I don't care if I have to shoot you here."

****

The ride back home was quiet and eerily silent - Sehun grabbed Baekhee's backpack and dragged her inside the house unwillingly. Chanyeol was waiting for Baekhee in the living room - he was crossing his legs while his eyes were sharp on the television. The sight of Sehun dragging his wife made him raised his eyebrows and chuckled.

"My baby."

Silence - Sehun pushed Baekhee on the couch before he walked out from the house, leaving Chanyeol dealing with his young wife. He felt sorry but he can't do anything. Once Chanyeol claimed his property - by hook or by crook, the thing must be in his hands - alive or dead. Sehun really hoped that Chanyeol would change into a better man once he met Baekhee, but he was partially wrong. Chanyeol did change but he became obsessed with Baekhee.

What is love again?

****

Baekhee cried when Chanyeol pulled her hair, dragging her into their bedroom with clenched teeth. He tied her hands and legs before placing her on the chair - he was angry. 

"Oppa, why..."

"Jongin, is it? What a handsome lad you have here, Baek..." Chanyeol swiped the iPad screen and smiled; he shoved the iPad on her lap,making her crying harder. Pictures of Jongin, Kyunghee and herself were displayed on the screen.

"What's this...you've taken this wrongly..!"

"Why was his hands roaming all over your body!"

"He was patting me on my back! Oppa, Jongin is my cousin!"

Chanyeol grabbed her chin and glared into her teary eyes. "I hate it when people touch my property... you're mine, Baek! Why people loves to touch you....!?"

"It hurts...let me go....Ch-chanyeol-oppa..."

"Aww.... it hurts?" Chanyeol brushed Baekhee's bangs before pulling them upwards and seething, "It wasn't hurt as my heart feels..."

"Oppa, I'm sorry... I don't know, I'm sorry...." Baekhee cried harder before she felt the rope was loose - her wrists and ankles were red and bleeding; Chanyeol must be really angry, this time. Warm hug that feels like a haven engulfed her before she knew she was tucked in the bed. Her tears dried once she falls asleep; fists clenching.

 

'He was so angry with my own bloodline... but what to do? I love him so much..'

 

****

"Father, Pheonix Rising had conquered our port in Busan as you had expected."

"Good. Now, Yuan can come home to fight for that port. Will she do that?"

"She promised me, but she can't decide the exact time."

"She's been slacking so much, she needs to come back for her training."

"Yes, father."

"You're dismissed, Han."

 

The young girl in her black cheongsam bowed at the older man before walking out from the room, she smiled once her eyes saw the household ladies walking by with their trolleys, carrying laundry and curtains across the hallway. The white phone lights up when Luhan closed the door of her room, the name displayed caused her to frown.

Luhan swiped the screen; "Yes, Yixing."

"Minseok found out that the head of the Pheonix Rising is trying to register his marriage legally without anyone noticing. I'm going to email you the picture of the said wife of him."

"But we don't care about people's intimacy, Yixing..."

"You're going to cry if you let this slipped out from your hold." A vibrate was heard from the iPad on Luhan's bed, she grabbed the gadget and sat along with it on her sofa at the feet of the bed.

"I'm opening the file, Yixing. The image is still loading though..."

Luhan felt was dry - "Yuan..."

"As expected, Luhan. Yuan was being hold by the head of Pheonix Rising."

"Wh-why?"

"Let's say fate speeds up our matter."

****

Baekhee woke up alone in the house, finding her yesterday's clothes was still on her body. Maybe Chanyeol decided to leave her alone or maybe he is really pissed off. She looked at the ceiling, trying to fathom the incident which happens yesterday. Little did she know her husband was an obsessive, controlling freak and what had just happened is only a fracture of Park Chanyeol's facade.

Baekhee cleaned herself before walking back to her working room, only to find Kyunghee's notes on her desk. Thinking that her best friend must be needing the notes to do her own revision, Baekhee headed out to the front door, only to find it was locked from the outside - her hands crumpled the sticky note left on the mahogany door - 'You can't come out until I gave you my permission'

"Bull, Park Chanyeol."

Her fingers were fast on her phone, only to find there was no other contacts saved with their names except for Park Chanyeol. "What the hell." Baekhee tried to stay calm and walked back into her room, rummaging her closet to search for the other phone that she hid from Chanyeol's knowledge. Dialling Kyunghee's number which she memorized by heart, she glanced at the clock and also the locked door.

"Hello?"

"Kyung, it's me!"

"Baek, are you crazy? Why did they say you dropped out from the college!"

"I-I didn't do anything! I'm trapped in my own home -  I can't go out!"

"What's happening over there! I'm coming later!"

"I don't know if you can come here....but please try!"

"Okay, honey bunch!"

The call ended when the battery goes off - Baekhee laid herself on the sofa after she was sure that she hid her secret phone inside her study room. Chanyeol arrived home at 5pm when she failed to keep her eyes open; he sighed to the view of Baekhee sleeping on the couch, TV blasting few songs to buy time from the advertisement. Chanyeol kissed her cheek and woke her up; taking his place beside her and pulling the girl into his arms.

"Why you are sleeping on the couch?" Baekhee put her palms on her face before sighing, "I missed my class today. Why did you lock the door? I can't go to the university.."

Chanyeol laughed, his fingers were playing with her hair. "You can't go anywhere."

"Oppa."

"People will look at you."

"C-Chanyeol."

"They are going to have dreams about you." Baekhee released herself from Chanyeol's hug, eyes widen in despair and disbelief.

"Park Chanyeol, you're being ridiculous. That's my place to study, that's my first priority!"

Chanyeol grabbed Baekhee's chin and forced her to look at him, his eyes were full of anger, his teeth gritting against each other. "No, Baekhee. I'm your first priority, remember that."

"A-at least let me breathe the outside air...."

 

"No. You're mine, one and only...! The only thing that you'll breathe is my scent."

*****

Baekhee was sitting inside her study room, livening her mood by listening to punk rock music - thinking about her life. She's locked up in Chanyeol's house and the worst was she lost her connection to the outside world. The only thing that can keep herself connected was TV and her laptop.

"At least let me do online shopping. I can't be only sitting inside this building without doing something progressive..."

"He even put bugs inside my laptop." Baekhee squinted her eyes, opening the program in the laptop before cracking her own fingers. Maybe or maybe not, she might have to kill herself tonight if she failed to crack the bugs.

Chanyeol had fallen asleep in their shared bedroom and Baekhee just can't understand her own lover in the moment - she needs space and Chanyeol wouldn't be happy to hear that. Baekhee was munching her jellyworm when the computer screen was suddenly blank before a logo that she recognize to be a pheonix appears on the black screen; flapping the red wings before revealing a website and pouring out information about the group.

"What's this..." Sehun was leading the organization - the underground boss of Pheonix Rising. Scanning and reading the website made Baekhee laughed in an instant. What a setup - she was in the same building with the heir of the infamous Pheonix Rising. How can she forget their wild, blood-driven massacre back in Bucheon that made her lost her own brother and grandfather.. lots of innocent people died in the fire.

Just like a pheonix attacking a city, the bodies were badly burnt in the fire, making the forensics crying in despair - no one knows who.

 

"What a show..."

 

"Jiě."

"Yuan."

"I want to go home."

"I'll send Kyunghee to pick you up."

"But I need something to be done before I go home."

"Tell me, Baobei."

"To lure the mother, we need to take away the baby."

"Yes, Baobei."

"Blood must be paid with blood."

 

*****

 

Chanyeol's phone rang several times causing him to flinch and pick up the call grumpily. He almost cursed when he saw the name that flashed up on the screen - Suho. When the gentle leader had his hands on the call, that means big thing happens. Worst thing that can happen at the time would be something about the port or the business that they are doing in whic- "Sehun had been taken away."

"What do you mean by Sehun is taken away?"

"We can't find him in his house and that child didn't bring his phone with him."

"Maybe he was walking by the beach or something...."

"THERE IS BLOODSHED IN THIS HOUSE, CHANYEOL! NOW WAKE UP AND BRING YOUR HERE!"

Chanyeol rushed out from the house without kissing Baekhee's forehead as he usually does. (And did he forgot to lock the house too). When he arrived at Sehun's house, he only saw Suho sitting on the chair, looking at the blood-painted tiger's head.

"Tiger?"

"White Tiger - they are back in this town."

"I thought they had been wiped out from Bucheon?"

"What do you expect from a tiger?"

Jongdae ran inside the house with his hand holding his phone, his face was pale and his breath was short. 

"CHANYEOL!"

"WHAT!"

"YOUR HOUSE HAD BURNED DOWN COMPLETELY!"

"DON'T SHOUT IN FRONT OF ME, YOU BIG MOUTH" Suho glared at both of them while Yifan and Zitao were focusing on the news that was told by the cheeky Jongdae.

"Calm down, Jongdae."

"O-our men had been checking the start of the fire and looking at the survilience cameras as well. We might have to go there and find out something. Chanyeol, do you hear me?"

"B-Baekhee was inside the house... N-No.. S-she must be okay,,"

"WAKE UP CHANYEOL! WHAT'S HAPPENING TO YOU!?"

 

The whole group arrived when the fire had been put off by the firemen - Chanyeol was speechless, his eyes were b in tears - he fell down on his knees when the medical team brought out two corpses out from the house. Both of them were black and faces mutilated by the fire.

"One man and one woman, died separately in the house. The man was found lying on the living room and the woman was found in the bedroom. The fire had started from the room at the east." Suho and Jongdae saw Sehun's watch on the wrist of the dead body; both of them were pale and speechless as well. Zitao can't stand the mood of the moment and walked out to his car while Yifan was listening to the police officer's report.

"Study room?" Chanyeol cried harder when the stretcher with a woman's body were past him - he recognized the shiny material; it was their wedding band. 

 

He didn't have a chance to say that he loved them so much - Baekhee and Sehun.

 

 

.T O   B E  C O N T I N U E D.

 

 

 

 

DO COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE :)

FEEL FREE TO DROP ANY QUESTIONS AS WELL