If This Moment Passes

If This Moment Passes

I love you in the morning

 

And in the afternoon,

 

I love you in the evening

 

And underneath the moon




 

In the morning


 

“Hyung, wake up.”

 

“Go away.”

 

“Hyung, please wake up,” starts Jimin, sounding whinier as the seconds go by. “You’re going to be late for work.”

 

In return, he only receives a low growl and begins ceremoniously kicking the comforter off of himself by the feet, in some ways trying to prove a point that he was getting up. Jimin visibly relaxes, straightening out his back that was arched over Yoongi’s sleeping body and waits patiently to see if he was actually getting up or just getting up his hope.

 

“Hyung! You were late yesterday. I don’t want to pick up another angry phone call from your supervisor ever again. Get up!”

 

“Shut the up! I’m tired!”

 

Jimin freezes, body going rigid while shrinking back into himself. Yoongi must’ve realized his actions after hearing nothing from Jimin in return. Quickly looking up to apologize, he only sees the back of him right before exiting the room completely.

 

“. Jimin, come back here. I’m sorry.”

 

But he didn’t come back and the sound of Jimin shutting his door echoes throughout the building. Yoongi lets out a deep sigh, rubbing his eyes as he finally gets up and makes his way to Jimin’s room. He tries for the handle, but it is locked so he resorts to knocking.

 

“Jimin.”

 

He knocks again.

 

“Jimin, I’m sorry. Please come out so I can say it to you and not a door.”

 

He continues knocking.

 

“Jimin-ah, come out. Please?”

 

He drops his arm, heavy from lethargy.

 

“Jiminnie?”

 

The silence continues and Yoongi feels the weight of guilt gush through him.

 

“Chim? I’m sorry. I know how much of an my supervisor is so he probably gave you an earful of nasty things. Please come out, or else I’m going to end up being late again.”

 

Still no answer and Yoongi sighs.

 

“I guess I’ll be truant to work today then.”

 

He hears ruffles and the door swings open almost violently. Jimin’s eyes are slightly red, his lips turned down and Yoongi immediately grabs him by the shoulders, enveloping him into a tight embrace. Jimin immediately nuzzles into the warmth of Yoongi’s neck despite not knowing whether this was an appropriate thing to do as roommates. They’ve both been playing this game for almost half a year now, and even though it was frustrating, it felt too good to stop.

 

“I’m sorry for yelling and cursing at you. I won’t do it again, and if I do, you can give me a black eye.”

 

Jimin nods. Eyes fluttering shut as Yoongi kneads the back of his head, fingers threading through his jet black hair.

 

There are a few words at the tip of both their tongues, fighting and battling a way out but their will to keep it under wraps is too strong to fight off.

 

Yoongi lies to himself that he doesn’t feel that way, and that his undying desire to tell the boy he was currently snuggled up with under his comforter ( his supervisor), that he loves him is not true.

 

But his heart still screams it and if the way that Yoongi and Jimin held onto each other was any indication of it, it was not enough.




 

In the afternoon,


 

“Jimin!”

 

Jimin was sitting at his desk, finishing up the last of his studying for his last exam of the year before his long break. He immediately drops what he was doing and rushes out to the living room to see Yoongi practically ripping off his coat and tries to not be too comfortable with the way Yoongi rushes to him and envelopes him into a bone crushing hug.

 

“Um, why’re you so happy?”

 

Yoongi is ecstatic, jumping up and down and bringing Jimin along with him and Jimin wants to be ecstatic too because all week he had been stressing over his audition results thus making Jimin stress too. “Jiminnie! You won’t believe!”

 

Yoongi pulls apart and stares right into Jimin’s eyes. He has a hard time keeping contact but still listens diligently.

 

“I ing made it! They accepted me and want a contract with me! I met up with them today and they like my music!”

 

It hits Jimin full force and immediately, the both of them have their hands intertwined, jumping all around their apartment together. They’re both squealing because Jimin knows how special music is to Yoongi and Yoongi is glad to share his joys with Jimin.

 

“Hyung, when are you meeting with them again?”

 

They both stop jumping to catch their breaths with Jimin expecting Yoongi to let go of his hands. When the elder doesn’t let go, Jimin’s eyes land on the floor and wills the creeping heat on his ears and cheeks to go away.

 

“Next week same time and day. They said I’m a very good candidate to debut next.”

 

Jimin looks up at Yoongi when he feels him tugging at his hand. They’re standing still now but Jimin’s heart hadn’t got the message yet. “Hyung, does this mean more time at the studio?”

 

Yoongi’s eyes haven’t seemed to die down and Jimin can already feel the loneliness coming. Who knew if Yoongi would still live with him and much less, even miss him.

 

“Jimin. The best part was that they ing loved your voice and they want to know who you are, too.”

 

His eyes widen and he looks away quickly in distrust of the sudden flaming hope in his chest. “What’re you talking about?” he inquires, squeezing the elder’s hands.

 

“Exactly what I said. I sent in the mixtape album that I have been working on for years now, and you know that one track I wanted you to sing in? I added it in the mixtape last minute and you should’ve seen how happy and enthusiastic the big boss of the company was when he began talking about you and your voice.”

 

Jimin smiles and he doesn’t want to cry so he keeps his head bent low because Yoongi seemed so far away all of a sudden. “But you already know I can’t do anything in music or dance. You already-”

 

“Jimin.”

 

Yoongi’s voice was stern and bordering commanding, but he kept his head down low.

 

“Hyung.”

 

He hears him sigh deeply for the millionth time that day even though it was only early afternoon. All morning before leaving for the meet up, Yoongi had been dreading it and sighing as if he just knew rejection was waiting for him.

 

“Jimin, can you look at me?”

 

He shook his head and wiped at his eyes with the sleeve of his shirt. A hand comes underneath his chin and tilts his head back up. Their eyes meet and Jimin can’t look away.

 

“Jimin, your voice is wonderful. The most beautiful voice to me. They want you just as much as they want me. Please, just give it a chance and come with me to the next meet up with them. Who cares if your aunt and uncle is going to about their lost money taking you to college? What the have they ever done for you other than berate you when they should be the most supportive? Your parents are going to be so ing proud of you, I already know it. Please give it a try. Give your hopes and dreams a chance.”

 

Jimin lets go of his bottom lip, to which he was nervously biting on. The world is a blur and he tries to blink away the tears so that Yoongi will become clearer.

 

“But...what if I don’t make it? What if I give it a chance and I fail? What will become of me?”

 

Yoongi smiles and without much thought, lightly kisses Jimin on his red and bitten lips. A wave of shock enters his body and he stares widely at the elder.

 

“I don’t really know what will become of you, but all I know is that I will be beside you, whatever you become. If they can’t have you, they can’t have me.”

 

Jimin cries for the first of few times in front of Yoongi. His face buried into his hands as the elder guides him to cry on his shoulder. Jimin is thanking Yoongi over and over, locked dreams of dancing and singing released from its prison.

 

Jimin wants to say those words, to tell Yoongi how much he is thankful for him. He doesn’t though, even if he could muster enough courage because Yoongi is peppering his neck with light feather kisses. Even when his crying had ceased, Yoongi continues to shower him with kisses before he is guided to the couch where he sleeps against Yoongi’s chest.

 

He would have to say it later.




 

I love you in the evening


 

Yoongi is working in one of the studios of the entertainment building when he hears footsteps and loud excited voices running past. He only catches one name out of all the chaos that flies by and curiously gets up to peek his head out the door. He catches the sight of both Taehyung and Jungkook, two other trainees along with Jimin who is trailing quietly behind.

 

He hears Jimin giggle at something the two say and next thing Yoongi sees, the two younger ones are attacking him with tickles, Jimin’s giggles echoing through the large corridor.

 

“Guys, stop!”

 

“Not until you tell us who it is that you like!” whisper-shouts Taehyung. Jungkook adds to the mess but Yoongi isn’t listening anymore and he retreats back into his room, heart thumping because what did Taehyung just say?

 

He can’t help but hear more.

 

“It’s nobody- stop!”

 

More giggles and laughter.

 

“It’s not nothing if you’re always expecting a text or call and not even glancing at the other cute dancers!” adds Jungkook.

 

Yoongi childishly crosses his fingers and hopes that if Jimin does respond, it doesn’t break his heart.

 

“I...it’s nothing like that. I’m sure the person doesn’t feel the same.”

 

There’s loud squeals and Yoongi realizes the trio have taken refuge at the end of hall for their little talk without realizing it was where Yoongi’s studio was.

 

“Who, who! Who is it?” Taehyung more or less demands. Yoongi mutters out a quick and quiet ‘brat’ but with the same eagerness, urges Jimin.

 

“It’s...someone we all know. I’ve liked him for a really long time but I don’t want to mess up whatever it is that we have, so please don’t talk about it at all, okay?”

 

Jimin’s tone had gotten quiet and secretive then.

 

“Who is it?” asks Jungkook.

 

“It’s...Yoo-”

 

Yoongi quickly opens the door and puts up an act of being rudely awoken, which isn’t all too false.

 

“What was all that noise?”

 

The three have frozen and a sly smile slowly splits across Taehyung’s face.

 

“Hi, Yoongi-hyung.”

 

Jungkook seems to have realized something, giving quick side-eyes that Yoongi of course caught, towards Jimin before standing up and bringing Taehyung along with him.

 

“We were just talking, but we’re going. Bye Jimin, we’ll see you later.” They dash off hand in hand, giggling obnoxiously and Jimin only stands.

 

“It’s Jimin-hyung to you, brat,” he calls after.

 

“Jimin, what were you doing out here?”

 

The younger nervously shrugs and points after Taehyung and Jungkook. “They led me here and attacked me. Sorry if we woke you up.”

 

Yoongi smiles and waves him in. “You done with practice?”

 

Jimin nods, following after his beckoning. He enters the small studio and sits timidly on the couch. Yoongi thinks he should return to his work, but sleeping a little early wasn’t too bad. He follows after Jimin, plopping a little ways beside the younger before laying his head against the younger’s thighs. He swings his legs up onto the rest of the couch and eases himself into a comfortable position.

 

“Hyung, aren’t you uncomfortable?”

 

Yoongi doesn’t say anything, only reaches up to search for one of Jimin’s hands. He successfully finds one, unaware that that hand found him, and brings it to the crown of his head. He’s thankful that Jimin understands and doesn’t say anything, only threading his hands through Yoongi’s silver locks.

 

“Goodnight hyung.”

 

“Night, Jimin.”

 

He almost lets slip an “I love you” but catches himself in the euphoric feeling that Jimin’s hand gives him.




 

And underneath the moon


 

“So Jimin, I heard that you and Yoongi live together?”

 

Jimin chokes on a spoonful of rice, hyper aware of the stares he was getting in the dingy restaurant. He looks up at Jung Hoseok who sits across from him. His eyes unconsciously looks at the direction of the restrooms where Yoongi and Namjoon (the big dorky boss) had gone after Hoseok’s bowl of soup washed over them.

 

“What? How did you know?”

 

Hoseok smiles devilishly and taps his brain. “I’ve got connections, but more importantly, why are you so flustered?”

 

Jimin hides his burning face in his sweater pawed hands and prays that once he looks back up, Hoseok will have disappeared.

 

“It’s nothing. You just caught me off guard, is all.”

 

The smirk still hasn’t left his pretty face and Jimin has half a mind to wipe it off. “Okay, but everyday after dance practice, you wait up for him and if he finishes earlier, he waits for you. Seokjin-hyung even told me that he saw you two hugging the life out of each other in the break room. Tell me what that’s all about.”

 

Jimin groans and looks down at his food. He’s lost his appetite and carefully picks at his food. Suddenly, there are more people joining their group.

 

“What's up guys!”

 

Jimin looks up at Taehyung and Jungkook, the younger having just finished his vocal lessons after school and Taehyung waiting for him. “Hey,” he returns weakly. Taehyung has stolen Namjoon’s seat but Yoongi’s is kept empty, as if they know and it does everything to put Jimin on edge and defense.

 

“But really, we all know or heard about it. What happened at that time?”

 

The two who had just arrived immediately knows what’s going on and Jimin gulps because they hadn’t been that obvious had they? Even then, it didn’t mean much without a name to it. Yoongi and Jimin, Jimin and Yoongi. What more to it was there?

 

“That day my aunt and uncle came to visit. You guys already know about why I was living with them. I-”

 

He stops when memories of black suits and dresses, the white flowers and the rainy night flashes through the back of his mind. He clutches his heart and hopes he hadn’t started tearing up yet.

 

“They basically proposed a lawsuit or whatever for wasting their money but the only times I took their money was in high school when I still lived with them. Even after college, I never received anything. It was just all too much. Yoongi, he-”

 

Jimin stops talking immediately when he hears Yoongi and Namjoon laughing. He quickly grabs his coat and scrambles to his feet. The other three tilt their head upwards to follow him with their eyes. “Sorry guys, I’ll talk to you all tomorrow. I’m really tired so just tell Yoongi I’m going home early. Bye!”

 

He bucks it out of there in less than a second, not even caring that he had left the others incredibly confused and heartbroken from his unfinished story. Jimin let’s the cold winter air bite his cheeks and hands as he dashes through the dark evening. He just hoped that the others would be good at pretending just like him, and that when they see him next they’ll be able to act like everything was okay.

 

Turning a corner, he realizes he’s been running in a circle. The restaurant he had just left earlier now in front of him again. He turns around quickly to head a different direction when he runs right into someone. There’s a loud grunt from the other and Jimin’s on the floor, tears spilling over the edges and hands clenched tight. He doesn’t dare look up to the person and quietly mumbles an apology.

 

“Jimin, what’s wrong?”

 

He looks up quickly and realizes that it’s Yoongi. There’s a large wet stain in the middle of his shirt from where he must’ve took a great deal of time washing out the soup spill. Yoongi bends down and pulls Jimin up. He looks away at anything but Yoongi because something inside his mind was telling him he shouldn’t be doing this. Yoongi is going to be debuting soon and if Jimin did anything that could be traced by the public, it would ruin everything he had dreamed and worked for.

 

“I’m fine. I’m just tired. I’m going back home, you can just finish up. I’ll see you later.”

 

He tries to push past Yoongi, but is stopped with the curl of the elder’s fingers around his bicep. He doesn’t try to yank it off because he thinks he might need just a little guidance. He feels his sanity slipping through his fingers and wishes he was stronger and that his parents were still beside him.

 

“You’re not okay. Please talk to me, I’ll listen.”

 

Yoongi’s voice has a sort of finality and authority to it. Jimin allows Yoongi to hold his hands, fingers weaving between each other protected and shielded from the cold winter breeze in his large pockets. The sides of their bodies are pressed beside each other as they slowly trek home with the last of the orange light barely the surface of their sky. Jimin can see his breath mix in with Yoongi’s and for a second, he feels like he’s in control again.

 

“Are we still going to be friends after you debut?”

 

Yoongi doesn’t answer and Jimin is second guessing himself because he doesn’t know where the courage to voice such thoughts came from.

 

“Jimin, I’ve known you for four years and we’ve been living together for two.”

 

He doesn’t understand why he feels slightly heartbroken. “I know. I’m sorry.”

 

“I hope we are but aren’t.”

 

Jimin stops in his tracks, daring to stare into Yoongi’s eyes before making a desperate move to retract their locked hands. Yoongi holds on tight even with Jimin’s increasing force. There’s urgency in his eyes and it doesn’t go away even after Yoongi’s been calling his name for the next minute.

 

“Jimin, wait. Listen to me, let me explain!”

 

“Let me ing go!”

 

Jimin successfully gets his hand away and immediately feels the loss of warmth and contact. Tears threaten to fall again and he reprimands himself for being so foolish. Of course Yoongi wouldn’t be friends with him. Even if the elder tried to look hurt in front of him, it was all an act. He knows no one would want him around. Yoongi was probably tired of him, having known him for four years.

 

“You’re all the ing same. I- why does everyone want to leave? Why does everyone hate me? What am I doing wrong?!”

 

Yoongi lunges forward and pulls him into a tight embrace. The night is left to only them and the shining silver moon and the stars peek out a hello.

 

“It’s because I want to be more.”

 

Jimin is sobbing but Yoongi’s words leave a hitch in his chest.

 

“I want to be more than just a friend. I want to do more than just hold your hand. I want you to be able to look at me freely without restriction. I want the others to tease you about it and I want to see your face flush. I want to hold you everyday, not just when I’m struggling. I want to love you truthfully.”

 

Jimin resigns into Yoongi’s embrace and through his sobs, cries out his undying love for him. Yoongi coos and shushes him softly, all the while holding him. It takes a lot out of Jimin to stay standing after he’s calmed down but he musters enough strength to look at him directly before planting a soft kiss onto the elder’s red chapped lips. Momentarily forgetting about the possibilities of someone watching.

 

The shining moon and the stars, however, were the only witnesses.

 

“I love you,” says Yoongi.

Jimin wishes he could voice it too, but the words are stuck for some reason. He hopes the way he leans on Yoongi as if he were the only light he had left in the dark dark world was enough to convey that. Their foreheads lean on each other as they smile contentedly with their eyes closed.




 

Epilogue: For the rest of forever


 

“Come in.”

 

Kim Seokjin enters the boss’s office, receiving a warm smile. “Hey Namjoon. How have you been?”

 

Namjoon smiles and beckons Seokjin over. The elder does as asked and he walks over to the desk. Their hands meet and they only smile warmly.

 

“I’ve been good. I haven’t seen you since Yoongi’s debut stage.”

 

Seokjin smiles and bends down to peck Namjoon on the forehead.

 

“Well, being a manager isn’t pixie dust and rainbows,” he says, a slight tone of complaint tinging his voice.

 

“I know, but I’ve missed you.”

 

Seokjin smiles warmly down at Namjoon before kissing him again. “Me too, but I’ve gotta check on Jimin first.”

 

Namjoon’s eyebrows ark upwards. “What’s wrong with Jimin?”

 

Seokjin chuckles and rubs his thumb tenderly across the back of Namjoon’s hand. “Yoongi is dead asleep and only allowed himself to do so if I make sure Jimin is okay.”

 

Namjoon smiles and lets go longingly. “I’ll wait for you then.”

 

Seokjin nods knowingly and turns to leave. He’s not too sure where exactly Jimin and Yoongi stands in their relationship but has never asked about it since he’s witnessed Jimin’s breakdown in the lounge room. The only person he’s told was Hoseok but somehow everyone got wind of it and after that, Jimin and Yoongi seemed so much more distant and secretive. He feels terrible about it and hopes that Jimin understands he means well.

 

He meets Hoseok who is drenched in sweat coming out of the practice room. It was only noon and a weekend.

 

“What’re you doing here?”

 

Hoseok looks up from where he was wiping his underarms. His stern look breaks into a smile. “Hyung, you’re back! Where’s Yoongi?”
 

Seokjin dodges the open arms from the dancer and peeks into the window of the door. The studio was empty.

 

“Where’s Jimin?”

 

Hoseok immediately loses his smile. “I wouldn’t bother him right now. He wants to be left alone.”

 

Maybe it's because he’s always been stubborn, or became even more stubborn from having to deal with Yoongi. “I’ll talk to him. Can you go get a pillow and blanket for Yoongi? He’s sleeping in his studio.”

 

Hoseok nods unsurely, looking at the dance studio door one last time before running off. Seokjin turns back to the door in front of him and he knocks twice before entering. Jimin immediately gets on his feet.

 

“Seokjin-hyung! You’re here!”

 

He smiles and closes the door behind him. A look of fear crosses Jimin’s eyes because he must’ve figured that Seokjin wanted a talk and he would get answers.

 

“Hey Jimin. We’re done with schedules for the week. Yoongi’s back and he’s out cold in his studio.”

 

“Oh, yeah?”

 

Jimin is fidgeting with the sleeves of his shirt and awkwardly stands there, staring at his toes.

 

“Jimin, Yoongi made me promise to make sure you were okay. He wouldn’t go to sleep if I didn’t.” When the younger didn’t respond, Seokjin continued. “I want to apologize about telling others about what happened in the lounge room. I didn’t mean for it to spread, I was just concerned and confided in Hoseok.”

 

“No, it’s okay Hyung. It didn’t bother me.”

 

Seokjin walks over and corners Jimin to the mirrors. Jimin flinches as Seokjin reaches up to pat the top of his head.

 

“I hope you know...that we are all supporting you both. Don’t be scared to love him forever. If you ever doubt yourself, at least talk to me. I’ll give you enough courage. You don’t have to fend for yourself anymore. You’re not alone anymore. If you ever need anything, I am willing to take care of you as your older brother, as your father, as your mother. You have me and the others as a friend forever, and Yoongi, whatever he may be forever.”

 

Jimin blushes at the confession and wipes the tears of happiness away. “Hyung, thank you so much. You have no idea how much that means to me…”

 

Seokjin nods and pushes him towards the door. “Go. He’ll get nightmares at this point if you don’t hurry.”




 

Jimin is running, he passes Hoseok and doesn’t stay behind long enough to exchange greetings. There’s a smile on his face, he’s so happy he missed Hoseok look of confusion. He made a note to remember to apologize for being in such a difficult mood the whole day.

 

He enters the large hall where the studios were. He reaches Yoongi’s and opens it slowly, closing the door quietly behind him. The desk lamp is but Yoongi’s figure is curled on the couch, under a fluffy white blanket with no pillow.

 

“Hyung?”

 

Yoongi stirs but doesn’t wake. Jimin kneels beside him, faces inches apart.

 

“Hyung? Are you tired?”

 

The elder’s eyebrows crease and he makes a whining sound. Jimin giggles and brings one hand to caress Yoongi’s cheek.

 

“Jimin?”

 

Yoongi opens his eyes and his tiredness reflects in the bags underneath. “Hey hyung. How you been?”

 

The elder smiles weakly and closes his eyes again leaning into Jimin’s hand. Jimin bends in and lets their lips meet. He lingers there for what seems an eternity and Yoongi is contempt with the soft angel-like touch.

 

“I love you, Yoongi.”

 

He smiles onto Yoongi’s lips and finally realizes that Yoongi has his grip on Jimin’s hip. When, he doesn’t know. “Join me. I’ll sleep better.”

 

He complies without a word, snuggling beside Yoongi under the blanket. He tilts his head up to kiss Yoongi on his jaw before returning to his chest.

 

“I’ll love you forever Yoongi.”

 

“I’m going to love you forever too.”

 

They sleep well past the evening and even underneath the silver moon when no one is watching, they hold hands and kiss each other lovingly.




 

+ I love yoonmin and the wings short films got my emotions all ing messed up so I wrote to feel better. Jimin is such a sweetheart and a life ruiner plz have mercy+