Silent night, good night

This year is not the same.

I wanted to call you today to tell you I love you
But there is no response.
The phone company couldn't help me either

Somewhere one the street, a young man walked in silence. On that streets, Christmas lights shone, lighting his way back home.
His hand was empty this year, as it once held his phone to wait for a call that he wont receive this year. Taking a glance at the sky, he knew it would be a snowless christmas.

I even went to your house... but you're not there anymore.
The post office didn't have an adres for me either...

He arrived infront of a silent and cold doorstep which once was a barrier between the world and a place filled with joy and laughter. Full of warmth.
 As he entered there was no joy, only silence. He entered the livingroom with a lifeless fireplace and a christmas tree without color or light. He could picture her sitting and waiting for him to decorate the tree with joyfull colors. Hanging the lights to light their way home. Lighting a fire and share their warmth.

...I guess heaven is to far away

It was the first Christmas without lights. The first christmas without a fire. It was the first christmas alone.

I miss you

But then, as he sat down next to her image on the sofa and stared at the room he knew...

Your forever in my heart.

... that she would look down on him if he would not continue their tradition.

You may be gone, but not forgotten.

And thus he watched as he imagined her, decorating the tree and made it as beatifull and bright as it could ever be. She lighted a fire and as he looked at it, he could feel his heart again, filled with warmth and joy.

Merry Christmas
from me on earth
to you in heaven

And thus as the living room was slowly filled with warmth again, she would have sworn she saw the image of him, smilling as he alway's would on this joyfull day.

 

Well this was the promised christmas fic. I dedicate this to you readers out there who lost someone and a little joy this season because of it. Just know that the one you lost will alway's be there next to you to keep you company and feel free to mention this in the comment if it would make you reliefed.