Twenty one

When A Bad Boy Falls For The "Nerd"

Your POV

I woke up to the sun shining its way through my eyelids. I tried to stretch my body but something was literally holding me back. I turned to look and saw the jerk. His arms were around my waist as our faces were inches apart. I tried to move his arm off but no chance. Am I just stuck here? I looked at how relaxed and calm he was in his sleep. Aigoo....what an angelic face for a cold personality. My hand rested on his firm chest as I traced his facial features with the other. He would never let me do this if he was awake therefore I am taking my chances. Suddenly, his eyes started to flutter, I panicked and snuggled into his chest. Thankfully, he was still asleep. I sighed of relief. It's eleven o' clock in the morning, I have to get up and get ready. 

"Yah," I poked his cheek. "Wake up, I have to get ready."

No response.

"At least let me go." 

Nothing.

"Yah~!" I hit him lightly on the shoulder.

"Mmm..." He groaned and brought me closer, hugging me. 

"Y-yah..."

"Shut up."

"You shut up," I retorted. "Let me go, I have to get ready." 

"For what?" 

"For the day, it's eleven o' clock." 

"So? I'm still tired." 

"I swear, if you don't let me go, I'm-"

"What, what are you gonna do?" He challenged.

I kneed him in the stomach and rolled off the bed.

"Don't underestimate me." I grinned and ran to the bathroom.

"Yah! Aish." He curled up in pain.

I wore a pair of shorts underneath a t-shirt that was far too big for me, but that was the way I liked it. I put my hair up into a messy bun and topped it all off with my glasses. My hand twisted the doorknob slowly but froze. Even if we are dating, he isn't going to change. Can't you see? He even told you he wasn't going to change. What wou-

"Yah, what are you doing?" He knocked on the door, making me jump at the sudden noise. 

"H-huh? Nothing." I stuttered.

"Are you thinking weird thoughts again? Aigoo...I can't even let you go into the bathroom by yourself." He teased with a sigh.

"I wasn't thinking anythin-"

"I told you, I'm not a player anymore." He looked straight into my eyes and all I could focus on was how his eyes seemed to sparkle with sincerity. 

"I know." I looked down, feeling guilty for doubting him. 

"You know you can tell me anything, right? I'm not gonna be mean or bully you about anything." He said, concern present in his voice. 

"Yeah, I know, I just imagined you as a boyfriend differently...I guess." I pouted.

"You've imagined me as your boyfriend?" He smirked.

"Yah, I'm serious." 

"Okay, tell you what, I think you'll learn your explanation sooner or later, don't force anything." He smiled and went into the bathroom as I slowly walked out. 

Oh my god. I was so selfish. I didn't even think about it. We've only dated a day and yet I'm hitting him with all these expectations. I'm already a terrible girlfriend. I sighed and went downstairs to make breakfast. Of course, I've learned to be creative with cooking and simply improvise to make any good meal.

"Hey, what are you doing?" He asked as he walked down the stairs.

I gulped. He had a towel draped around his neck. His dark hair was dripping wet, like me. The water left on his body made his shirt stick to his skin. Oh god. 

"Breakfast." I smiled and handed him a plate.

"You know how to cook?" He raised an eyebrow. 

"I learned a little from you." I mused as I ate my own breakfast.

"You have sharp eyes." 

"Was that a joke?" I narrowed my eyes.

"No. I didn't mean literally." He chuckled.

And that was when my heart began to warm up. My mind began to cool. He looked so innocent. 

"Yah, why are you staring off into space again?" He asked, snapping me out of it. 

"Huh? What do you mean again?" I pouted.

"What are you thinking about?" He sighed.

"Nothing." I shrugged with a small smile. 

I got up to wash my plate as he followed behind. I motioned for him to give me his plate too since I was already beginning to do mine. He slightly pushed me over and took the plate from my hands. No words were said from him. 

"Hey, I can handle washing two plates." I said, hands on my hips.

"I know." He nodded.

Aigoo...what is with this boy? I simply watched him. He doesn't say anything, but just does it. A smile spread across my lips realizing that I just learned something new about him. 

"Anything you want to do today?" He asked as he finished.

"Umm...nothing, really." I shrugged.

"Really? There's nothing cliche you want to try out?" He smirked.

"I can't think of anything." I shrugged, once more.

"What do you usually like to do?" 

"Read, eat, sleep-"

"Aish, I'm serious." He sighed.

"I am too." I shot a glare.

"It's kinda late, so do you want to go to the mall?" He asked.

"Uh...no, not really." 

"Really-"

"But, I do want something." 

"And that is?"

"Can you get me some tacos?" 

"Tacos?"

"Yeah..I just really love tacos...and I haven't had them in a while." I smiled, simply thinking about my favorite food.

"That's really far though...... but I guess we could." He started walking as I followed behind.

"Um, but can I stay home?" 

"Eh? Wae? You want me to buy you food but you want to stay home?" He turned.

"I really just don't feel like going out today." I sighed.

"...Arasso, I'll be back soon, just text me what you want." He swiftly put on his jacket as I nodded.

Before leaving, he pecked my cheek and smirked. My face began to heat up as I ran up to my room. I grabbed my phone, and quickly answered it. 

"Hello?" 

"Hey, I heard you went out with Liem yesterday?" Lina asked.

"Eh, sure." I shrugged.

"So it wasn't a date?"

"Absolutely not." I shook my head furiously even though I knew she couldn't see me.

"I was just asking, geez." She laughed.

"Yeah..." I nervously laughed along.

"What's going on? You sound...unlike you." She said.

"N-nothing." 

"You stutter when you lie, tell me!" 

"Um, it's just that me and _________ are dating now, no big deal." I whispered.

"I KNEW IT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN!" She screamed into the phone.

"I didn't know you were about to break my ears." I sighed.

"Sorry, I'm just happy for you." She giggled.

"Yeah....I'm happy too, but it looks like we both don't know how to be in an actual relationship."

"If anything happens, you know we're here for you, okay?"

"Yeah, I know." I smiled.

"So? Where is he?"

"Getting me food."

"Aigoo, this girl. You would use your boyfriend for food. Why didn't you go with him?"

"Oh, shut up. I just didn't want anyone from school to see. Those crazy girls would never leave me alone."

"Ah..I guess you're right. I bet if you asked him to do anything for you, he would." 

"For example?"

"If you asked him to do the one thing he hates most, he would do it for you." She simply rephrased.

"But I don't know what he hates doing." 

"I'm gonna take a wild guess and say he hates you being around other guys especially Liem." 

"Hm, you're right." I nodded with a smirk.

"When am I not?" 

"True." I chuckled as I heard the door open.

"What was that?"

"My food's here, bye!" I happily hung up.

"Who were you talking to?" He asked, amused.

"Lina." I immediately followed him into the dining room.

"Yah, are you that hungry?" 

"Yes," I began eating. "Yah, stop staring at me." 

"Waeyo?"

"I don't like it when people look at me while I'm eating." I pouted.

"Fine." The corners of his mouth lifted a little.

He sat facing me, but his head to the side. He had his arm on the table. His chin rested in the palm of his hand. It looked as if he was thinking about something that was bothering him, but maybe it was just me.

"Didn't you buy something for you too?" I asked as I swallowed the last of two tacos.

"I did, but I'm not as hungry as you are." He chuckled.

"So....I can have...it?" I shyly asked.

"Knock yourself out." He scooted the whole bag towards me.

"Yay!" 

After eating four tacos and downing two water bottles, I was completely stuffed. I was so full I didn't even want to move. 

"You're not gonna throw up, are you?" He asked.

"No, I'm good." I nodded.

"Okay then, let's get ready for bed." He headed upstairs as I followed.

After brushing our teeth, there were a couple things that I noticed. He walked as though he was limping. He was wearing a jacket on even though he was already inside the house. And that's unlike him. What's going on with him? Is he sick? I was too afraid to bring it up, it wasn't too obvious to the eye. But...I just want to know if he's alright.

"Yah, why are you wearing a jacket inside the house?" I asked, settling into bed.

"Because I'm cold." 

"Are you sick?" 

"No, I'm fine." He responded surprisingly cold which made me flinch just a little.

"Okay." I replied, unsure.

"I'm...sorry if that sounded mean, I really am okay." He whispered and leaned in for a kiss.

This was the first kiss he's ever given me that was actually slow and gentle. It made my heart flutter and made my mind go blank. Who knew a jerk could kiss so sweet? 

"Okay." I sighed with a slight nod as he turned off the lights.

"Goodnight. Nerd." He joked.

"Goodnight, jerk." I smiled.

His arms wrapped around me just the way that I liked it. But I noticed something that completely alarmed me. The room was dimly lit what with all of the street lamps/lights that shined through the window. The light had focused in on his hand. There were blue/purple bruises on it. My mind was puzzled. Why are there bruises on your hand? How did you get them? Was he limping because of that too? Is the jacket covering up more of his bruises? But....why would he be hiding this from me? 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Aigoo.....what did this boy do to himself?

What do you think of the couple

so far?

Stay tuned for the next

chapter! 

^^