Roses are Blue

\/s ↮ A Female Survival Program
↮\/s↮
Episode Ten

The Versus logo smashes acros the screen with it's normal gusto, but it shatters into silence.

The two Teams are sitting at the edge of the Arirang stage, nervously silent as the judges nd hosts look over the voting results, discussing quietly.

Finally, Hyomin looks over at the groups, causing all nine contestants to straighten in anticipation of the results.

"Each round is quite close, but Team One, your strategy paid off. Congratulations on your win."

Kaerin cheers loudly and grabs her three teammates into an awkward group hug. None of them complain though, and even Jiwon and Shisae are smiling at the announcement.

Hyomin continues, deftly ignoring the mini celebration. "You four are free to go. You'll have the next few days off."

Team Two gazes jealously after the four girls as they exit, accompanied by Hyunmi. Hyomin gives them no time to feel sorry for themselves though, as she continues speaking as soon as the door shuts behind the other Team.

"As for the five of you, you have a decision to make. You all of course know that Ahri has recovered almost completely from her cold, yes?"

The girls nod, all clearly uncertain about where things are going.

Hyomin nods. "As the losers you'll have to subject one of your teammates to a special one-on-one challenge against Ahri, the results of which will affect your entire group. There will be dire consequences for the loser of this challenge, so choose wisely who you wish to send. You have ten minutes to discuss." The host leaves, followed by Gyujin, Doyeol, and the remaining judges. Al four are talking quietly and sending pitying glances back at the five girls as they leave.

"Dire consquences? I don't really like the sound of that." Yoonhee frowns nervously.

Minah pats her shoulder, though she also looks extremely nervous. "Um, as the leader I guess it makes the most sense for me to go?" Her voice gives away how worried she is, but she looks determined.

Hiroko clears . "Actually, I'll volunteer."

The other four look at her, clear surprise on both Natchaya and Jakyung's faces.

"Seriously? Oh wait I get it, you're angling for brownie points by being the big hero." Natchaya recovers first, but is surprised to find both the leader and maknae turning on her almost instantaneously.

"Unnie stop being such a pessimist towards Hiroko-unnie all the time!" Yoonhee frowns, actual anger on her face. The unfamiliar look startles Natchaya, but it's Minah's subsequent attack that causes her to completely back off.

"I don't hear you volunteering Natchaya, so unless you're offering back off." For a moment the dancer actually looks like a leader, but she deflates a moment later, looking awkwardly apologetic for her outburst.

Natchaya makes a face but backs off, eyes flitting moodily away from the group.

Hiroko smiles slightly at Minah, who looks worried.

"Are you sure?"

The singer nods. "Whatever they're giving I can take it. And anyway, we all know I'm sort of a control freak." She laughs a bit. "If anyone can shine in a one-on-one it's me." She then seems to process what she said and balks a bit. "I mean, shoot that was supposed to be self-depricating, I know you guys could do well too-"

Natchaya laughs as Hiroko flouders, but surprisingly it's the Thai girl that come to her rescue.

"No worries, we get it. You're suc an extreme perfectionist you'd probably have an anneurism watching any of us trying to do anything by ourselves."

Hiroko slumps, but stops rambling awwkardly.

Minah clears . "So, um, everyone's okay with this?"

The other four nod, and the leader exhales. She turns to Hiroko and gives a somewhat forced smile.

"Well then, I guess you're our tribute?" It seems to be an attempted joke, but it falls flat with how tense Minah looks.

Hiroko nods firmly. "I won't let you guys down." Her tone is determined.

Yoonhee suddenly jerks into motion again to drag Hiroko into a tight hug. She's quickly joined by Minah, and even Jakyung drags a reluctant Natchaya into the group huddle around the singer.

When they pull apart, there are tears in Hiroko's eyes. She opens to say something, but just then Hyomin returns, accompanied by Hyunmi and Ahri.

"I hope you've made your decision?" As always Hyomin is straight to business, and the Team responds quickly, Hiroko stepping forward while the other three move back.

"I'll be doing the challenge ma'am." The contestant glances towards Ahri, who's staring wordlessly at ground, not seeming to be paying any attention to the conversation at all.

Hyomin nods. "Excellent. Follow me. The rest of you may join Team One in the dorms. You'll also have the next few days to rest."

The scene transitions to an interview with Hiroko.

"So you volunteered."

She nods. "I feel confident I can do well, and that I can handle whatever the consequences of losing are."

"Are you sure? You don't know what those consequences are." Doyeo points out.

Hiroko is unphased. "I am. We've all made it this far, I think we're ready for your tricks."

Doyeol almost sounds amused as he replies. "If you think it's been tough so far you're in for quite the wake up call."

For a moment worry flits across Hiroko's face.

The view shifts to show Team One entering the dorms. It's clearly before Team Two has made their decision as Ahri appears from the direction of the kitchen to greet them.

Kaerin tosses herself happily onto the singer, engulfing her in a hug. "We won! We completely kicked !" She cries happily.

Ahri laughs. "I'm glad things worked out, I was worried seeing how hard you were working to get all three of those songs ready for today."

Miyeon joins Kaerin, slinging an arm around both her friend and Ahri and smiling broadly. "Well hard work pays off, and now we get the week to relax!"

Ahri almost looks dissaponted as she responds to the news. "Oh, really? I mean that's awesome and you guys defintiely deserve it, but I admit I'm getting a bit antsy after having been resting this week."

Shisae smiles at her. "That's to be expected, but now you can be sure to be in full health for the next challenge."

Jiwon nods in silent agreement, watching the other four interacting with each other warmly despite not speaking up herself.

Hyunmi is also watching them interact, but with significantly more reservation than Jiwon. However she remains silent as the Team continues chatting and catching up.

"I wish I could have been there to see it, but I suppose the episode will air tomorrow and we can all watch it then." Ahri is smiling as she speaks, still trapped under one of Miyeon's arms but seemingly unphased by it.

"We were pretty awesome." Miyeon laughs. "It would have been fun if you were there with us though."

Ahri gives a little hum of happiness at the words.

"I agree." Jiwon finally speaks up. "In addition to your vocal color being unique to you on this team, it would have been nice to have all of us together this week." She smirks faintly. "It was a lot of fun."

"You're thinking of the interviews aren't you?" Shisae also looks amused. "I admit that it maybe was a bit more amusing than it should have been to lead poor Doyeol in circles."

Ahri looks confused. "You did what now?"

Conversely, this line of thought has Kaerin looking guilty. "I felt mean not answering him." She admits. "He's so nice and he was so sad that we weren't cooperating."

Miyeon chuckles. "I'd say he was exasperated myself. And if we were doing something wrong Hyomin would have told us, yeah? So don't worry about it so much Kaerin, yeah?"

The young vocalist doens't look completely reassured, but she nods nonetheless.

"And he gets a break from us this week anyway!" Miyeon adds with a bright grin. That does get a proper smile from Kaerin.

"And speaking of, I'm about to pass out. I think I'll retire for now." Jiwon announces, covering up a yawn just as she finishes speaking.

Shisae nods in agreement. "I think we should all get some sleep, it's been a particularly long week."

"Excellent idea." Hyomin's entrance into the dorms startles everyone there, including Hyunmi who had been standing noiselessly to the side. "You four rest. Ahri, come with me."

The singer looks confused. "I thought our group had the week off?"

"Next few days." The host corrects. "But you already had time off. Instead You'll be participating in a special one-on-one competition against one of the members of Team Two."

Ahri looks nervous, and her teammates annoyed.

"Hold on that isn't fair. We were just told we'd get some time off." Miyeon protests.

Hyomin waves her off. "And you do. However Ahri was not a part of that challenge and thus will not partake of the victory. Team Two should have their participant chosen by now, so Ahri, if you would?"

The vocalist reluctantly pulls away from Miyeon and follows Hyomin out of the room.

It switches to an interview with her.

"I mean, I guess it's fair." Ahri's voice is flat and she isn't looking directly into the camera. "I just got excited about spending some time with the group without all the pressures of practice."

The scene changes to show Ahri and Hiroko entering a small practice room, following Hyomin. Both girls pause in the doorway, looking startled.

The camera pans to show a young woman sitting at the piano in the corner of the room, scribbling away at a sheet of music. She glances up as the door closes and nods politely to the host.

"You!" Hiroko looks surprised. "I remember you. Hoon right? You evened out the numbers during the pyramid challenge a few weeks ago."

Hoon smiles and nods. "I'm surprised you remember me! But yes, that was me. It's good to see you again Hiroko." She quickly gathers the papers in front of her and hurries across the room to offer the Japanese contestant a handshake, whch Hiroko accepts.

Ahri looks conufused, but she remains silent. However Hoon turns straight to the singer and offers another sweet smile.

"Ahri right? I'm Kang Hoon, LOEN trainee. We didn't get to meet the last time I was on set." She again offers a handshake, which Ahri does accept though with a tad more reluctance than Hiroko had.

"Not to be rude but why are you here?" Ahri asks as they drop the handshake and Hoon checks that her papers aren't falling.

Hoon grins. "I don't think that's particularly rude. We're going to be working together for the new challenge." She glances to the host, who's remained standing by the door, silent. "You haven't tole them? Bit cruel don't you think?" There's a trace of amused challenge in the young woman's voice, but Hyomin seems unaffected.

"I thought it would be best for them to meet you without the added pressure at first." The host replies evenly, and Hoon outright scoffs.

"I'm touched, really." She turns to Hiroko and Ahri, who look extremely confused by the conversation. "Look, we're working togther, but we're also working against each other. Madame host here thought it would be good fun to throw in a sudden loop right at the end of the show, and I'm that loop." She shrugs amicably. "I'd like to still be friendly, but I know how competitions are and I don't really expect you to like me much."

Hiroko is the first to speak. "What are you talking about? A loop?"

Hoon glances at Hyomin. "I assume you'll want the honors?" She drawls.

Hyomin sighs, clearly irritated. "What Hoon is saying, is that she'll be fighting for one of your positions this round. If she can successfully earn more votes than one of you after the final performance, she'll be joining your team. And you'll be eliminated from the show."


"Eliminated?" Hiroko's voice sounds before she appears on the screen. She's glaring increduously at the host, who still stands in the doorway. "Are you kidding me? You said there would be no more eliminations until the final episode!"

Hyomin remains unphased. "I never said that, you simply chose to infer it." She responds. "Now, you have three days to put together your performance. Hoon knows the challenge already so I'll let her take it from here." With that the host departs, leaving Hoon alone with two very upset and confused contestants.

The newcomer clears and turns to the other two. "Well then, we best get to work I suppose? The challenge is 'Roses Are Blue', and since this was supposed to be last week's challenge I actully already have a song arranged for us to use since there was extra time for me to work."

"Hold up just a second. This was supposed to happen last week?" Hiroko is eyeing Hoon suspiciously. "Then why change it to this week?"

Hoon sighs. "Ahri getting sick was an unexpected incident, so they had to rethink how to do this. It ended up being pushed back a week." She expains. "Anyway I have the arragned song here and it shouldn't be too hard to split the parts-"

"Who says we're going to use your song?" Hiroko interupts heatedly. "There are three of us, and you're the new girl. What gives you the right to be in charge?"

Hoon's eyes narrow in annoyance. "I'm not in charge, but we only have three days. Do you really want to come up with something else? I've had a full week to put this piece together, it's going to be better than anything you can think of based on time contraints alone." She points out, voice calm despite her tense posture.

Ahri shrinks back from the arguing girls, looking distinctl uncomfortable.

"What do you think of Hoon?" Doyeol's question sounds before Ahri's interview appears on the screen. The quiet girls shrugs awkwardly.

"She seems pretty nice, but also sort of intense? I dunno, her and Hiroko are a bad combination though. I'm sort of glad we only have three days." She rubs the back of her head uncertainly, eyes darting toward the door.

"She's a real piece of work. Where'd you find this girl?" Hiroko's response is about as expected. Her arms are crossed and she staring moodily past the camera as she gives her interview.

"She's a LOEN trainee, one of their best. Since they're the ones paying for the program we couldn't say no when they requested we allow Hoon to at least try." Doyeol pauses. "Don't you think you're being a little harsh? She worked hard to create that performance of hers."

Hiroko groans. "You're paid to like her. I'm not. And I won't." She adds, frowning angrily.

Back in the practice room Hoon and Hiroko are still staring each other down. Finally, Hiroko is the one who sighs.

"Fine, but I'm distributing the lines."

Hoon shrugs. "If you like, but you don't know my voice. I know yours." Her gaze sweeps to include Ahri in the statement. "But be my guest, it's your debut on the line here."

"Yours too." Hiroko retorts.

Hoon sighs. "I'm trying to not think of it that way." She says flatly. "Why don't we do some warmups so we can all get to know each other's voices, and then you can divide the parts however you want."

Hiroko hesitates, and then gives a counter offer. "Warmups don't really show us anything. Sing something."

Hoon looks surprised for just a moment before shrugging. "Fair enough. Will you sing as well or is today my solo concert?" Her voice is a sarcastic drawl, but there's amusement in her eyes.

Hiroko steps up to the challenge. "We'll all sing something. I'll even start, so you don't have to be nervous."

Hoon looks pleased that Hiroko snarked back and she pulls up two chairs, offering one to Ahri.

Hiroko clears lightly before beginning.

Ahri sways along, eyes closed and smiling warmly. Hoon watches with a bit more intensity, but she smiles in acknowledgement as Hiroko finishes.

"Not bad." She nods.

Hiroko gives a small hair flip, smirking playfully. "Let's see you top it then."

Hoon doesn't even stand up, instead launching straight into her piece.

Ahri is completely entranced by the song, while Hiroko actually looks begrudgingly impressed.

"So we have two husky voices plus a lighter airy soprano to work with then." She says instead of properly acknowledging the performance.

Hoon laughs a bit, the ever present spark of wry amusement sharper than ever in her tone. "Hold up what about Ahri? She hasn't performed yet.

Ahri shakes her head. "It's alright. I had a solo performance already so there's a good reference for my vocals."

Hoon shrugs. "If you're sure. Then I guess let's split up the parts?" She glances to Hiroko, who shrugs back.

"Fine. Let's see this arrangement of yours." Hiroko has closed back up after the brief moment of connection during the mini competition, and Hoon rolls her eyes as she pulls out her music sheets.

The scene fast forwards as the three look over the composition and discuss. Several minor disagreement break out but are generally solved after a few moments. After about an hour they start actually praciticing the song, continuously reviing the distribution until they're happy with it.

Hiroko and Hoon take point in this endeavour, with Ahri mostly sitting to the side and silently jotting down notes on her paper each time the other two come to an agreement.

Another interview with Ahri fills the screen.

"You really seem to be sidelining yourself." Doyeol observes.

Ahri sighs slightly. "I mean, they seem to know what they're doing? I don't mind letting them take point, it seems to make them happy." She responds quietly.

"Does it make you happy?" Doyeol presses, and Ahri glances away from the camera.

"It... doens't make me unhappy." She responds, almost nervously.

Doyeol hums but doesn't push any further and Ahri leaves the room.

The day passes, and the three leave the room around eleven PM.

In the halls, Ahri turns uncertainly towards Hoon. "Um, are you staying in the dorms then?"

Hoon nods. "I'm fine taking the couch, though, don't worry about me." She gives what seems to be her signature smile, having flashed it several times over the course of the day.

Ahri nods slightly. "Alright."

The three lapse into silent again and finish their treck to the dorms without any further discussion.

Minah and Shisae are both sitting in the main living room area, sipping tea and chatting quietly. Both look up simultaneously as the three girls enter.

Minah looks contemplatingly at Hoon for a long moment before her eyes light up with recognition. "Hoon-ah! How are you?" She asks, a grin crossing her face.

Shisae looks confused but opts to remain silent as Hoon responds to the questions.

"Not bad, a bit sleepy but not as much as you I imagine." She smiles. "Sorry if you were waiting for us, I was a little pushy about getting the chorus harmonies perfect before we came back to sleep." She adds.

Minah shakes her head, smiling. "Not at all, practice is important." She then turns to Hiroko. "Everything go well today?"

With that the contestants separate into their teams, Shisae talking with Ahri and Minah with Hiroko, leaving Hoon to awkwardly excuse herself over to the small kitchen area of the dorm.

The kettle is still sitting on the stovetop, so Hoon pours herself a mug and takes a gulp, humming appreciatively to herself. She leans back again the counter, her eyes closing as she continues drinking the tea.

The scene switches to an interview with the new contestant.

"How are you feeling so far?"

Hoon shrugs. "A little isolated, but I expected that. People prefer spending time with the people that they know best. As long as the performance comes out well then I'll be content."

Doyeol sounds unconvinced. "You really wouldn't mind not getting into the competition?"

Hoon's laugh is more of a bark. "I don't expect to. Better to focus on making my time here memorable, right? For now I'll focus on doing well." She then gives a faint smile. "And maybe even make a couple friends. I was surprised when hiroko and Minah remembered me - I wouldn't mind actually getting to know them better. Ahri too, she's talented, she just needs some encouragment."

The next shot show Hoon giving that encouragment as they work on one of the harmonies for their song, back in the practice room.

"Don't be so nervous that you'll miss the note, you never do." Hoon promises. "We really need a strong low harmony for this part and we agreed that your voice is the only one that can perfectly carry it to get the emotion we need."

Ahri nods uncertainly. "Okay, sorry. Let's do it again." She still looks uncertain, but there's a bit more determination in her eyes.

However they don't get the chance to try again as the door swings open and an extremely disgruntled looking Doyeol enters carrying three bags.

"Lunchtime." He passes the bags to the girls. "Your companies provided funds for the free day food." He adds as all three give him confused looks.

The interviewer quickly departs before any further questions can be asked, and after a brief moment of confused hesitation the three sit down to eat.

Hirokoa and Ahri both have bottles of water and a sandwich, which both happily being eating as so as they're unwrapped.

Hoon takes a moment longer to open her bag, and finds a full takeout meal inside complete with fried chicken.

As soon as the smell reaches them both Ahri and Hiroko look up from their own lunches, looking envious and annoyed respectively.

Hoon looks from her food to the sandwiches the other two are holding, and then seems to come to a decison.

"Wanna share?" She pulls her food out of it's bag completely and pushes it towards the other two girls.

Ahri is the first to accept. "My sanwich is only ham and cheese but I can give you half for some of that chicken." She offers.

"We could pull out the ham and replace it with the chicken!" Hoon suggests.

Hiroko gives in then. "Okay that sound delicious, any chance I could get some chiken too?"

The girls swap food and split the water as well as Hoon's meal hadn't come with any beverage. The three converse cordially as they do so.

"So you're a LOEN trainee right? How long have you been with them?" Ahri asks Hoon as she places some chicken on her sandwich.

Hoon holds up a hand as she finishe chewing, and Ahri laughs and gives a small 'sorry' before taking a bite of her own lunch.

Once she's swallowed Hoon replies, "Not very long, I think it's almost a year now? I've always loved singing but I was nervous about how successful I could be with my voice."

Ahri loks surprised. "But your voice is gorgeous!"

Hoon laughs. "Thanks, I like it myself. But until MAMAMOO made it big most female idols had lighter soprano voices like yours, so I always thought I wouldn't be able to get much attention as an alto."

Hiroko scoffs. "Talent is talent and if people can't see it then screw them." She says it decisively, and Ahri looks nervously at the cameras.

"I'm sure it's not like that..."

Hoon laughs again. "I like that. If only there were more people like you in the world Hiroko." Her words are vaguely teasing, a challenge for Hiroko to rise to.

Hiorko hesistates for just a moment, before relenting and firing back an equally snarky reply. "Please, if there were more of me we'd end up taking over the world."

Ahri and Hoon both laugh increduously and Hiroko blushes as they start teasing her. The sound fades a bit and the scene cuts to commercial.


The arirang theatre is oddly empty as the scene fades in, housing only the hosts, judges, and the two Teams sans Hiroko and Ahri.

"What exactly is even happening? If this is vote based like Ahri said shouldn't there be more of an actual audience?" Miyeon's voice is low, like she doesn't want to draw any attention to herself.

Beside her Jiwon shrugs uncertainly. "I honestly have no idea what they're thinking. This entire situation seems fairly out of the blue." She replies, just as quietly.

Backstage the three contestants have similar worries.

"If no one is here to watch the performance then what's even the point?" Hoon sound genuinely upset, and Hiroko pats her shoulder lightly.

"It will still air on Sunday, right? People will see your performance for sure then, our view count has been increasing recently." The Japanese girl says supportively.

"Well, this wasn't something I expected to see."

The three startle at a voice behind them, and turn to find Inho leaning against the waiting room's door, idly examining his nails.

"You look like such a cliché right now, did you know?" Hoon sounds almost teasing as she recovers from her surprise

Inho rolls his eyes, but stands up. "Seirously I thought you'd be at each other's throats, not buddy buddy. Ah well, they told me to tell you that sound is ready when you are, so hurry it up so I can go home."

He departs briskly. Hiroko gances over at Hoon.

"It seemed like you know him?" She prompts curiously.

Hoon shrugs. "He's worked with some of the LOEN artists in the past. Plus he um," she hesitates slightly. "He knows my parents as well."

Hirokor raises an eyebrow questioningly and Hoon sighs.

"My parents are Kang Seungwoo and Lee Yejin."

Ahri gives a small sound of recognition. "The folk singer and the actress? Oh my gosh I'm a fan! Why didn't you say that earlier?" She looks quite excited and Hoon sighs.

"Same reason I was hesitant to even join the idol world. I don't want people thining I'm just riding my parents' fame. I want to make a name by myself, for myself. But it's not really a shadow you can ever get out from under." She frowns at the floor and Hiroko reaches out to give her shoulder a squeeze.

"Well today's performance is all you. Let's go blow them away."

The camera shifts to show the audience again. The girls look antsy, as do the judges and Gyujin, but Hyomin is as poised as ever.

After a moment, the three contestants walk on, with Hoon dragging a chair along behind her. They take a moment to set up, and then Hiroko nods to the sound booth to begin.


Ahri - Yerin;Bonde, Hiroko - Jimin;Red Hair, Short Necklace, Hoon - Yeeun; Chair

Minah is in tears as the song ends, and Hyunmi looks a bit shaky as well though she's doing a decent job containing it.

The three smile and bow as their Teammates cheer loudly, and then Ahri pulls the other two into a group hug.

Once they've pulled apart Hyomin clears .

"Would you like to share how your performance relates to the challenge I gave you? Though I think we all can guess." She adds thoughtfully.

Hoon doesn't hesitate to explain. "The theme for our challenge was 'Roses are Blue'. Well, as roses are the patron flower of love, as it were, it was natural to think of using a love song. However, roses are red, not blue, so more acurately it should be about heartbreak. I know That XX is an oft covered song, but I felt with some lyrical adjustments it would perfectly fit the idea of seeing someone close to you stuck in a bad relationship, hence why the roses are a sickly blue rather than their proper red." She takes a deep breath as she finishes her thought, and Hyomin nods.

"Very well. Since there was no rapping or dancing I suppose only Iseul has to give a critique this round."

Iseul nods briskly.

"Hiroko let's start with you. You cracked on one of your transition notes."

Hiroko nods. "Yes ma'am."

"Otherwise though it was an excellent use of your lower register. I haven't heard much from that particular part of your range and it complemented the song quite well. I sincerely hope you'll use it more in the future."

Hiroko bows in acknowlegement and Iseul turns to the next singer.

"Ahri, I honestly don't have that much to say. I will mention that your support in your lower ranges isn't quite as strong as in your upper ones, and you still have a tendency to get airy when belting, but overall your voice was stronger than it normally is and I quite enjoyed how your color contrasted Hoon and Hiroko's."

Ahri nods, looking quite happy with the critique.

Finally Iseul turns to Hoon. "And our wild card. You have a husky voice that's quite rare to find in this industry, and it's clear you know what you're doing with it. There were moments that I heard some tension in your vocal chords, especially during some of the belts, but overall I don't have much to point out. I will say, and this goes for all three of you, that the emotion was highly impressive and easily is what sold the performance, so excellent job in that department." She nods to Hyomin to indicate that she's finished, and the host proceeds to dismiss the teams from the theatre, departing herself without waiting to see if they do so or not.

Instead of leaving, the teams clamber onto the stage to properly congratulate their groupmates.

"Ahri that was awesome! Seriously you almost made me cry it was so good!" Kaerin is immediately all over the other singer, jumping around her in an excited circle.

Shisae smiles and nods her agreement. "It was quite a powerful performance, and Iseul was correct in saying that your higher vocal tenor was a very nice offset to the others."

Hiroko is being similarly complimented by her own group.

"Roko that was awesome!" Yoonhee enthuses happily. "I can't believe you guys made that in three days, I was so touched!"

Hiroko smiles and returns the maknae's hug as Jakyung starts talking to her as well.

Meanwhile, Minah has quietly stepped away from her group to approach Hoon, who has stepped back to allow the two teams to interact. She glances up with a smile as the other approaches her.

"Hey Minah, did you like the performance?" Hoon says by way of greeting.

Minah nods, smiling brightly. "It was absolutely brilliant. Hiroko mentioned that you did the lyric revisions on your own?"

Hoon nods. "I was supposed to feature last week, but with what happend with Ahri this was delayed, and so I had extra time to work on it."

Minah smiles. "Well I'm glad, it came out really well. I admit I was worried when I heard it was a group effort that Hiroko would cause some problems, but you two seem to be getting along?"

Hoon hums a confirmation. "She's pretty fun actually, when she's not being really intense. She's one of those competitive types." She smiles. "You just have to know how to talk to people and you'll find that everyone is at least somewhat entertaining."

Minah laughs. "Maybe so but that's quite an elusive skill to have."

Hoon nods and the two briefly lapse into a companiable silence.

However the moment is short lived, as shortly after Doyeol appears in the wings and shouts for the three performers to come with him.

After a few quick goodbyes the three follow him to the interview room.

"What's going on? I thought we were done." Ahri sounds nervous, and Doyeol gives her a genuinely pitying look before he replies.

"This was an elimination round Ahri. You three are each going to make appeals to the audience. Voting this round will be one hundred percent online from viewers at home so they'll get the see the whole episode before making their choice. This is your chance to make sure they choose you."

Hiroko and Hoon nod in understanding, but Ahri looks upset though she remains quiet.

Doyeol brings Ahri in first.

"Alright, the floor is yours. Why should viewers vote for you to stay on the show?"

Ahri clears nervously before she starts. "Well I said it last time we had to do this appealing thing but I guess I can say it again? I really love performing and I never thought I would make it this far in the show. More than that I really feel like I'm making riends here. I know that might not seem like much but," She shuffles uncertainly, "I'm pretty awkward as you maybe have noticed. It's pretty rare for me to feel comfortable enough to speak up a lot but I really feel that here. I hope you'll allow me to stay with you a bit longer." She gives a low bow to the camera.

Hiroko has no hesitation as she speaks. "I'm well aware that I'm working on borrowed time and have been for a while. I'm not well liked by some of the other contestants, though thankfully only one of them is on my team." She laughs slightly. "But I realize now why that is. And I'm doing my best to try and learn from the people around me, even Natchaya, to try and be a better person in the future. I feel like I still have a lot to learn and I hope that I may with your blessings." She also bows as she finishes, and stays down for several seconds longer than Ahri had.

Finally Hoon enters the room.

She chews on her lip carefully, her brow furrowed as she thinks. Finally she looks up, takes a steady breath, and begins to speak.

"I'll be honest I don't expect you to vote for me. You don't know me, and even watching this entire episode you won't get a real feel for everything that makes me into who I am. You know Ahri, you know Hiroko, and I've gotten to know them too and they're great. I don't blame you for wanting to vote for them." She laughs a bit. "But some silly part of myself does still want to at least try to stay here a bit longer. So you can get to know me, and so I can get to know these girls better. I promise that if you give me the opportunity to try, I'll put my full heart into every performance, every fanmeet, everything we do. I want to sing, and I want to be known as Hoon, not as my parents' daughter. And if I can get onto and through this show, I think that would be the first steps towards accomplishing my dreams." She bows, and then addresses the camera again. "But again, it's up to you, and I understand if you decide against me."

"But you want them to vote for you of course." Doyeol's voice is dry, and Hoon chuckles.

"Naturally. I'd much rather get the chance than just try for it, but trying is all you can do sometimes and I'm willing to take that chance."

Author's Note

It's still Sunday here!!!! Anyway meet Hoon (from Natchaya's creator UrangUtang)! I've had her planned from the begining and now she's here and I'm very excited! But it also means that there's only two episodes left - can you guys believe how fast this has gone? Well, it's been fast for me anyway.

If you're feeling sad that this is almost over, fear not! I've got a whole list of open applies from lovely people that might just be able to fill that void! BOIZ is a boygroup fic examining the trials and tribulations of a group that's already highly popular. It's deadline is coming up but it's sure to be a great read for anyone who enjoys a little backstage chaos! Then there's Miracle and AGM from my best friend Cali! The first is a female group set in the near future and centers around the idea that talent and popuarity don't always go hand in hand. The second is a BigHit boygroup dealing with the struggles of being in the shadow of your sunbaes - and of not getting along with your groupmates. And of course there's my own new story SuperStar BootCamp which features perfectly normal people finding out if they can handle the insane schedules of a Kpop trainee.