Ever After

Butterfly

A/N: Sorry for being dead! I worked a lot this week and didn't have time to reach my computer^^;;

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The slap echoed in the building, then everything went dead quiet.

    “You think I invited you because I wanted you to stop the wedding!? You really are selfish. I invited you because I knew Taehyung wouldn’t. I thought you would be happy for your twin but clearly, you’re still not satisfied with the outcome. You don’t deserve to be forgiven, not by Taehyung and definitely not by me. Now sit your down and keep your mouth shut.” Jungkook spat.

Jimin looked horrified at Jungkook’s anger but did what he was told, sitting down next to Yoongi, who smacked the back of his head. Jungkook walked back to the altar and huffed, waiting for Taehyung. The latter just stared at his brother before meeting Jungkook back at the alter. The rest of the ceremony went on as planned (without interruptions) and the pair were finally together at last. At the wedding reception, Taehyung couldn’t help but wonder why Jungkook invited his twin.

    “Jungkook, why did you invite Jimin, of all people?” Taehyung growled.

    “Because... I wanted you two to make up. Growing up you two were so close and I just got in the way of that. I didn’t want to be the reason you and Jimin never spoke to each other again. You probably think I rebounded to you like Jimin said but I didn’t rebound. I should’ve said no to Jimin. I really have strong feelings for you and you may never believe me and I don't expect you to. I’m sorry I invited him, I really am.” Jungkook looked like he was about to cry.

Taehyung looked at Jungkook and ran a hand through his hair.

    “You were right, we were close growing up but sometimes siblings don’t stay that way, especially with what Jimin did. Your heart was in the right place but things like that takes time, like our relationship. I honestly thought I was the rebound because Jimin disappeared.” Taehyung stared at the table.

    “No, that wasn’t it at all! I didn’t really want to date your brother. I really regret doing that, Tae. I should've waited for you because that’s what my heart wanted. I was blinded by my thoughts that I didn’t listen to my heart.” Jungkook began to cry.

    “Shh Kookie, don’t cry. Not on the day of our wedding. I understand what you did, I didn’t exactly give any indication that I was in love with you, I was always just angry. I’m sorry.” Taehyung pulled Jungkook into a tight embrace.

They stayed like that for a while before they heard someone clearing their throat. Once they pulled away Taehyung noticed Jimin was the one trying to catch their attention. He got up defensively to which Jimin put up his hand to stop him.

    “I’m not here to cause trouble. I’ve actually been thinking about what Jungkook said at the church and he’s right. Can I talk to you in private, V?” Jimin refused to make eye contact with the pair.

Taehyung was taken aback by the nickname as he hasn’t heard it in forever. He agreed before giving Jungkook a kiss on the cheek. Jimin and Taehyung walked out of the venue, into the night.

    “Look…” Jimin sighed before continuing, “I am the worst twin brother in the world. Instead of being happy for you on your wedding day, I tried to stop it and to make it worse, I also kept you away from Jungkook by dating him. I knew I didn’t love him from the moment we started.”

    “Then why did you do it?” Taehyung growled.

    “Because I was jealous, Taehyung!” Jimin exclaimed.

Taehyung’s eyes widened in surprise and confusion.

    “I was jealous that the moment we met him that there was an instant connection between you two. I knew you guys would go to the park without me, it was special to you both. I knew you were in love because my twin instinct drew me closer to the latter. I thought they were my feelings for so long but when I found out it wasn’t, I instantly knew they were yours. I was jealous because you guys were love at first sight and I didn’t get that at all with anyone.” Jimin revealed, “I’m sorry for causing hardships for you both, I didn’t mean to ruin your wedding like that. I thought I did have feelings but once again I was blinded by the fact that your love at first sight, was your destiny. You may never forgive me because Jungkook was right, I shouldn’t be forgiven. Not by him and certainly not you either because I was selfish. I still am with my actions that were displayed not too long ago. So… I’m sorry for being a horrible twin, V, you didn’t deserve it. I hope you understand what I did, goodbye.”

    “Wait, where are you going?” Taehyung exclaimed as Jimin walked away from him.

    “I’m not needed here so I’m going back home to Busan. If you ever need me, you know where to find me. Farewell baby brother, I wish for you to have the happiest marriage.” Jimin smiled warmly at his twin.

Taehyung watched Jimin walk away and felt empty without his twin but he knew it was for the best. One day he hopes to forgive him and his actions because that’s what brothers were for. He walked back into the venue to begin his life with his husband, Jung Jeon Jungkook, who was happy to show off his ring which was given to him by his husband, Taehyung, not Jimin.

The End