First Encounter

Butterfly

7-year-olds, Taehyung and Jimin, were playing outside in their yard when a moving van pulled up into the empty house next door. A butterfly flew right in front of Taehyung’s face causing his eyes to fall on someone getting out of the van. A short brown haired boy grabbed the hand of the pink haired adult next to him.

    “Jimin l-look.” Taehyung tugged on Jimin’s shirt, not removing his eyes from the child.

Jimin stood next to Taehyung and finally saw the person his little brother was referring to. The boy looked in their direction, making eye contact with Taehyung. Taehyung blushed in embarrassment when the boy waved at him because he thought the latter was waving at his brother, who was waving back.

    “We should introduce ourselves so we don’t seem weird.” Taehyung coughed.

    “Good idea, Tae.” Jimin pulled Taehyun towards the fence, getting closer to the new family.

Taehyung gulped when he was face to face with the new child in the neighborhood.

    “Hi, I’m Jung Jimin! And this is my little brother, V.” Jimin gestured towards Taehyung.

    “I’m Jung Taehyung.” Taehyung waved shyly.

    “How is he your little brother? You’re the same height...”

    “We’re twins so we...uh…” Jimin scratched the back of his head, not knowing how to explain twins.

The child held out his hand in front of the boys and smiled.

    “I’m Kim Jungkook, I just moved here from Ilsan. My daddy said it’s the city of the flower, he loves it there.” Jungkook beamed.

    “Then what are you doing here in Daegu?” Taehyung tilted his head after shaking Jungkook’s hand.

    “We had to move for papa’s job. He makes clothes look cool but he’s also a princess!”

Jimin and Taehyung looked at each other weirdly.

    “How old are you?” Jimin asked.

    “5.” Jungkook beamed.

They opened their mouths to say something else until someone interrupted them.

    “Kookie, you have to help us unpack or you won’t get dessert!” A sliver haired man called, holding a box.

    “You’d probably still give him some even though I tell you not to, Joonie.” Another pink haired male called.

Jungkook’s eyes widened at the mention of no dessert and pouted.

    “I have to go you guys if not I won’t have dessert! We should play a game later!” Jungkook exclaimed as he ran towards the open door of his new home.

    “He’s weird.” Jimin chuckled.

    “I thought he was normal.” Taehyung smiled as Jimin walked away.

    “You only say that because you’re weird.” Jimin called.

Taehyung pouted then stared at the house of their new friend.

    “Yah Jung Taehyung, get in here or I’ll give your lunch to your father!”

    “No, I want to eat!” Taehyung screamed as he ran towards his mint haired father.