Day 5 - A day with daddy Mark

Daddies' Day Out!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

DAY 5 - A DAY WITH DADDY MARK

 


There are a lot of things that Mark dislikes in life, and one of this is being disturbed when he's sleeping.

"Da-da!"

Aside from the annoying alarm clock that disturbs his peaceful sleep every morning, the repetitive and constant call of that mini voice mixed with high-pitched laughter as he was casually being shook by a bouncy force from his back while feeling the strands of his hair being plucked together, were already the key points to drag him through the edge of his limited patience.

Feeling annoyed, and totally grumpy, to be exact, was how he eventually started his first day of parenting. Squinting his eyes to check the time, only to find out that it was as early as when the sun rises up, in which, it hasn't even reached the half of the total hours of his usual sleep, made him really sensitive as girls in their period that morning. But from the moment that he felt a pair of soft yet damp lips that crashed into his cheeks which was followed by a hearty giggle, calmed him down for a bit and pulled himself up to fulfill his parental duties for the day.

Lazily dragging his feet towards the kitchen while messing up his hair, he prepared himself a cup of warm coffee and an oatmeal for the little kid. Gom, who was filled with overflowing energy, played around the living room, rolled over the carpet, and jumped against the sofa bed which is unlikely like Mark, who was casually sniffing and trying to bring up his deceased mood for the morning.

"Da-da?"

He glanced at the little kid, who was tapping the big flat screen TV which was about the same height as him. "Oh, you want to watch?" he muttered in a very husky voice while placing the bowl of oats and a cup of coffee on the table. "Come here first, and eat your breakfast before I let you watch cartoons," he motioned his hand and called out for the toddler before settling himself over the chair.

Continuously mumbling some unidentified words, Gom still tried to switch on the TV using the wrong remote control as Mark continued to call him out, "Sit here first. Aren't you coming?"

A bit frightened from the latter's serious look, the little kid obediently brought his tiny legs towards the kitchen and placed the remote control on the table,"Da-da boo boo!"

"Take your breakfast first before anything else buddy," Mark strictly responded, quite focused from scrolling his phone. However, he realized that Gom wasn't eating yet so he took a glance and noticed the pouty lips from the little kid, "Don't give me that look. I'm not Park Jinyoung, I won't fall for that. Eat this or you can't watch anything at all."

His stern voice accompanied by his serious look were enough to instruct the little kid, who politely settled himself over the chair, kneeling in posture to reach the table. Casually sipping from his brewed coffee, Mark noticed the grimaced look that was painted from the toddler's face from eating the oats. "What? Does it tastes bad?" he curiously asked. Judging the toddler's disgusted look, he concluded that oats doesn't probably suit his taste so he stood up to get the main ingredient to attract the toddler's tastes bud.

Pouring enough amount of choco cereals as toppings and casually mixing it together with the oats, he watched how the kid's grimaced look turned into delight. "That's right. Eat well, buddy," he heartily responded as he watched the toddler in awe while beaming a satisfied smile.

Suddenly, Mark was alarmed that Gom might end up choking from crazily digging into his cereals without chewing. He stood up to get the kid's Toy Story-inspired bag to get his bottled water, but to his utmost surprise, he noticed that there weren't enough packed clothes for the little kid during his three days stay with him.

"Hey buddy, didn't you tell Park Jinyoung that you needed, at least, three clothes for staying three days with me?" he grumbled from digging the toddler's small bag, which only revealed him the teether, pacifier, oil, wet wipes, and even a toothbrush for the toddler's small set of teeth. Surprised, that even the least things that the toddler needed was inside the bag but the clothes that he needed the most weren't packed makes him wonder that Jinyoung probably thinks too detailed and complicated to forget the basic and simple things. He mentally sighed in defeat and just thought of buying the toddler a brand new set of clothes for the next few days.

Leaving Gom from peacefully watching the TV alone, he slouched over the sofa bed and placed his laptop against his chest as he continued to finish his desired business plan that he will soon propose with his business partner.

Mark Tuan wasn't a company heir but his parents own a productive family business, which was a large firm, wherein he was sent to South Korea to study business. However, being that typical cash-dependent young man who's not an enthusiast of studying, he failed to get good grades and was soon expelled due to his numerous absences. Not being able to fulfill his parent's expectations, and still getting the cash support, he grew tired of his unproductive and shameless life that he wanted to do something on his own. Proving that he wasn't just an irresponsible son, or in general, as a person, he decided to do business out of the monthly allowance that he was continuously receiving without telling his parents. Thinking that with the help of his trusted friend, they can soon make money out of their sketched plans.

His thoughts were halted when he heard his phone ringing. Flexing a bit to reach for his phone, he scoffed from seeing the caller ID but eventually swiped to answer it, "What now, Jinyoung?"

*I'm honestly surprised that you answered for the second ring, I thought it will take me forever to wake you up.*

He paid attention to the sarcasm attached that was meant to mock him, "The little kid did before anyone else does."

*That explains your grumpy voice. I can totally imagine your wrecked and annoyed face,* he heard him chuckling from the other line.

"What's so funny?"

*Ooooh sorry, someone's not in the mood.*

"Why did you call?" he responded, sounding a bit annoyed.

*Let's say that it wasn't purposely a call to chat or anything but a wake up call*

"Okay, I'll hang-"

*Wait!!! Can you put Gom in the phone for a while?*

"I don't think he want

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter