Watch You

Watch You

“Wake up Sookie… wake up honey, you’ll be late for work.” You suddenly jolt from your bed and rush to take shower. I walk to the kitchen and I can hear your steps rushing to the kitchen.

“Slowly honey, you’ll trip and hurt yourself.” Right after I said that you fall down on the floor and you hurt your leg. You hold your leg and cry, but before I help you to stand you quickly stand up and rush to work. You still have tears in your eyes. It hurts Sookie to see you cry.

I heard your footsteps coming to the house, I smile and greet you. “Welcome home Sookie.” And you reply “I’m home.”  You walk past me and sit on the sofa. “Are you tired honey?” You look at me and sigh. I know now… you are having a bad day.

“I don’t feel like eating, I want to bathe and sleep.” I watch you get up from the sofa and walk to the bathroom. Once you are in bed, I lay beside you and look at you closely. You stare at me blankly, slowly you close your eyes and sleep. I touch your soft brown hair, kiss your milky white cheek, trace your lips with my finger and finally hold your hand. I whisper softly “I love you Sookie.”

The next day, I wake up late. I search for you and there you are in the kitchen. You dress up cutely and packed food. “Are you going somewhere Sookie?” You just smile at me. You take the lunch box and an album.

“May I go with you?” You just keep quiet, so I decide to follow you. You sit on a bus and look outside. “The scenery is so beautiful right?” I hold your hand and look outside also.

Once we arrive, you get off from the bus. You walk slowly and I trail you behind. Then you stop at one place. You put down the lunch box, take out the mat and sit.

“Oppa, how are you? It’s been 2 years since you left me.”

Ah…you come to see me in my death anniversary. I sit next to you and listen to you.

“Never once in my day forget about you oppa. I miss how you look at me with those puppy eyes, I miss your soft voice when you sing for me, I miss your touch, and I miss your warm body when you hug me… I miss you so much oppa.” Then you take out the album and look at it.

“Do you remember oppa, we took this picture when we are having our first date. Both of us were so nervous.” You giggle Sookie, I love it…I love to hear your smile.

“How about this oppa? This is when you propose me. You looks so handsome. You really take my breath away that time. And you give me a beautiful ring.” You wipe your tears from your eyes. Please stop crying Sookie.

“This is when we celebrate your birthday in the hospital. Tough you are so pale oppa, but you still dazzling in my eyes. This is when doctor told me that you will leave anytime.”

“This is when you are in coma oppa. Do you know how hard it is for me to see you like this? I prayed to God everyday to heal you but…”

I keep on looking at her. I feel guilty to make her like this.

“This is the last picture oppa. When you are dressed up handsomely…not for our wedding but for your funeral.  It’s hard to keep living when I know you won’t be there to support me anymore.”

You then caress my tomb and lean on it. “Oppa, I miss you so much….really miss you. Is it you who send him to me? To replace you to hold my hand and support me?”

“Yes Sookie. I send him to you, he is my best buddy… I can’t see you like this. I want you to be happy Sookie.” I caress her soft hair.

“He looks like you oppa, tough he is taller than you. He love to nag also like you, but he has the warmth like you do.” You then smile cutely.

“Sorry Sookie… I had to leave you so early… I had to let go of your hand. If I could, I want to hold and hug you for the last time, but I got no chance to do that. Thanks God, my best buddy make my wish come true. I will take care of you from up here. Thank you for always come and see me…. And thank you for remembering me always.

“Sookie!!” both of us turn our head to see who’s calling you. It’s him… my best buddy. I see him smiling and reach to you. The way he looks at you show that he really love you. Then he pecks you lips and you smile brightly…thus make me happy.

“Sorry for coming late Sookie.” You just smile at him. Then he looks at my tomb. “Hi hyung, how are you? Both of us miss you so much.”

Both of you stay for 2 hours with me. Then you’re about to leave, Minho asks you to wait at the entrance, as he needs to tell me something.

“Hyung, thank you for introducing me to the best girl. It sounded as if I snatch her from you… but hyung, you help us to meet. Thank you hyung. I’ll take care, love, protect and support her all my life. We love you hyung.” He then bow and leave.

I sit on my tomb and watch both of you. I feel happy to see both of you found each other. “Minho, Sookie… we will meet someday. I love both of you.”

 

Kim Jonghyun

1990 - 2014