The First

Do You Remember?

Yoojung ran as fast and as far as her short legs could carry her, tears streaming down her face, her head filled with regret, she felt like the world was crumbling around her.

With no destination in mind she continued running as a way to distract herself, but she knew it would never work; all she could think about was Doyeon. The one girl who she loved, the only person she could ever see herself being with.

After another five minutes the small girl became tired and found a park to rest in. Ignoring the eerie feeling that filled the atmosphere of the park, Yoojung continued searched for something to sit on. The park looked old, abandoned, without Yoojung the park would be completely empty. The small girl looked at the rusty swings and broken slides, the graffiti ridden walls.

She plopped down on a bench near what looked like it used to be a skate park. She finally let the tears fall, as she began to remember the first time that they admitted love to one another.

*Flashback*

It was a cold winter’s evening. The couple had been Christmas shopping, much to Doyeon’s displeasure, Yoojung had been insisting on going for the whole week, so as per usual the taller girl gave in.

“Where are we going? It’s cold,” Yoojung pouted, rubbing her hands together in an effort to show how cold she was.

“I didn’t think this far ahead,” Doyeon shrugged. “I just... I just want to spend a little more time with you.”

Yoojung smiled, she too didn’t want to leave Doyeon, but sadly neither of the girl’s parents would let them sleep over and neither of them could afford to pay for a hotel room.

“Let’s go in here,” Yoojung pointed at a nearby park.

Doyeon nodded and allowed the smaller girl to take the lead.

Walking through the park neither of the girls said anything, both lost in their own minds. Without knowing it they were thinking about the same thing; love. They knew inside that they loved each other, but saying it out loud seemed to be a challenge for them. Of course, they’d said it to one another before they began dating, but that was just jokey best friend banter. For them, this was a completely different meaning of love.

“Let’s sit here,” Yoojung broke the silence, leading them to the bench opposite the duck pond.

Once they sat down neither girl said a word; instead they stole quick glances and smiled at one another when they got caught out.

“It’s very cold,” Doyeon commented.

“Yeah, it is,” Yoojung murmured, shuffling closer to the taller girl, Doyeon wrapped her arm around the latter, in an attempt to warm her up.

“I like spending time with you, you know?” Doyeon thought out loud. “I mean, we could just be playing video games, reading magazines or going shopping and I’d love it because it would mean that I would get to spend time with you.”

The smaller girl felt herself blush; she felt the same way about the latter. She had no idea what to say, so instead she placed the gentlest kiss on her girlfriend’s lips.

Once the girls pulled away, resting their foreheads against each other, their chests heaving, and their eyes locked.

“Yoojung, I... I love you,” Doyeon breathed out.

Yoojung searched the younger girl's face for some sort of confirmation, which she found by the sincerity in her eyes.

“I love you too, Doyeon,” the smaller girl smiled.

Doyeon then leaned in and captured Yoojung’s lips for a gentle kiss, which soon became heated, Doyeon ran her tongue against the latters bottom lip, begging for access which Yoojung happily accepted. Yoojung’s hands were tangled in the taller girl's hair, whilst Doyeon was holding onto the smaller girl's cheeks like her life depended on it.

Both girls were ecstatic. They’d finally admitted love to each other, properly.

*End of flashback* 

Finally, her walls crashed down, Yoojung let out a piercing scream. She needed to get Doyeon back. She knew that they had issues, but she was determined to sort them out as she believed that love could over rule everything.

Taking a deep breath to compose herself, she walked out of the park and headed back to their house.

She would do anything to get her girlfriend back.