E P H E M E R A L `1

DREAMS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Fate's play, even though it makes your heart ache.
When the tears end, a ray of light descends from the darkness.
The many sorrows and worry I was embracing, all of it ...
I was only searching for a refuge to mend.
Don't worry, don't falter anymore
I'll protect you.

.

I have been monitoring this child for the past two years. He have a strong lifeline; a will to survive, to not die simply. I remember that day when he was brought in here half-dead that even the hospital was afraid to promise anything. He was in a state that one wrong move could lead to a fatal end. Every single doctor here was afraid to take the baton of life; afraid of being sued, forsaken, and losing their job or even having to deal with the hate from the death of someone who was loved by everyone.

I take upon the challenge head on, beside I have nothing to lose. He was in an intensive care in a special room that was sponsored by his entertainment company and nurses were gossiping around the ground of who will be in charge of taking care of this lifeless male. I took everything, because after the success of the surgery I know end wasn't inside this young male dictionary since he is a born fighter. I am the one who observed him for this whole two years.

It takes one month for him to open his eyes.

It takes three month for him to accept the rehabilitation.

It takes seven month for him to walk once again.

It takes complete one whole year to get over his depression.

"Are you sure you'll be alright, Mr. Jung?" I asked him.

He flashes his smile towards me, probably excited that finally after two years he was finally going off from this hospital. Yet, here I am unable to give him the news of the phone call he received three years ago; those people whom he love and trust with his dream asked to end his lifeline. I don't think, the Jung Chanwoo who was happy the fact he have chances of living can handle such news.

I fake a smile, I pitied him. "Have a good life..." I wish him well before sending him off the guy who lost memory of the real reason why he was locked up inside this hospital room.

Who would have thought that my personal feeling lead to his death.

- - - - - - - - -

He walks down the street big smile across his lips finally seeing the world differently after his hours day of sleeping and waking up inside those caged up four walls of the hospital room. “Should I call them?” he happily hums and tries to reach for his phone but then he chuckles by himself. “Idiot, you throw your phone remember”

Chanwoo shake his thoughts off and continue walking further on the street. He doesn’t remember how he end up in Itaewon and not in some hospital at Seoul, it makes him wonder if it was job done by the request of his parents that he was sent here. His eyes look away and notice the telephone booth by the end of the street. He have been gone for such a long time without any update about whether neither his parents nor s. I wonder if they care… He presses the button and start dialing a number. Aside from that, Chanwoo was sure he noticed the stares and looks people are giving him while he passes by.

“Jung’s Residence, may I know who is speaking?”

He smiles widely; knowing that the voice belong to his father.

“Appa!” his voice riles up excitedly over the familiar voice on the line. “…It’s me, Chanwoo” he said.

“WH—Who?”

“It’s Chanwoo, Chan—” once again he repeat happily can’t wait to hear his father gasping in disbelief and telling him how he missed his son. Yet the smile and excitement of his soon stops when he heard his father crying on the other line before ending the call.

Chanwoo was taken aback. “Ap—Appa..?” he looks at the phone afraid if there was something wrong or did his father ended the call without saying anything upon his claim of being his son. “Appa…?” he utters once again towards the dead line.

Quite a few minutes pass by before Chanwoo finally hang up the phone and walks away from the phone booth. He was speechless at how his father just ended the call and what more it makes Chanwoo felt crazy that nobody inside the house even try searching for her.

“Uwaa...everything changes so quickly” Chanwoo then continues walking upon the streets and receiving stares from strangers passing by the roadside. The male was slightly bothered by the way his father reaction on his call minutes ago, but even so he knew this song, he smiles hearing the ever so familiar songs of iKON being play at street shops. He felt calm that his little disappearance haven’t made a big impact on the members and that they are working hard to cover for him while he was away.

With a happy heart, he quicken his pace making his way towards the dorm; a place he calls home even if Chanwoo have to live alongside the remaining hyungs of his. “I should hurry and surprise them, it’s been too long they probably missing me”

- - - - - - - - -

“Stop…! Stop…!” his fierce voice echoes inside the practice room getting the attention from everyone inside the room. “…Let’s start once again from the hook” he eyes the petite guy standing by the audio control and nods his head. Rhythm starts and so does his body, dancing and moving to the familiar song that was iKON starting point of an artist life.

“Ya! Why the hell you don’t get the beat right?” his eyes glares at the frightened guy standing behind him through the reflection of the glass mirror following his every movement. The other five members were seating side by side at the corner of the room eyes like hawk noticing the awkward legs movement coming from this clueless guy. “Get the ing beat right! Are you deaf?” he cursed and again the fellow guy was smitten at the current demeanour of the ruler inside the practice room.

Seeing the seriousness of how the situation as of now, the eldest decided he needed to stop this before it goes way wrong like the other time. “Hanbin-ah” he calls softly placing his small hand against the other shoulder. “Maybe you should give M a couple minute of rest, I’ll get Donghyuk to teach him right after. Okay?”

“But…” he turns his head frowning at what his hyung are saying, have I been pushing it too hard? He question himself and takes a deep breather. “Alright, Jinan-hyung you handle the rest. I’ll be inside the room, need to finish couple of lyrics” with that he walks away inside the composing room leaving Jinhwan and the others behind.

Junhoe chuckles, a smug one. “…You deserve it, remember that you buy your place here but nobody can handle what happen on the inside” as always, the unfamiliar guy among the other five was given a disgusted look by three. Yunhyeong lightly smack the younger’s head and ask him to shut up. Though, he himself completely agrees of what being said by Junhoe but it still isn’t right seeing that they have been together for almost a year. Angry, Junhoe walk away along go Bobby right behind him.

“M-ah, if only you’re as good as Chanwoo” Jinhwan presses his lips and patted M shoulder before walking away with Yunhyeong beside him, entering the room Hanbin was iniside; knowing their leader all these years. He must have been holding everything back ever since the accident.

“Why are they so hard on me?” M asked after he was left only with Donghyuk inside the practice room. The small frame guy turns his body and stares at the only guy that seems to understand him.

He stays in complete silence; slightly guilty that he nodded at Junhoe words. To be honest, Donghyuk couldn’t just leave the newbie alone. M was a complete fresh into world of music entertainment, he can’t dance, his steps were awkward and not to mention he couldn’t reach the voice tone that fit perfectly with the group. In a simpler word, his color wasn’t the color of iKON. “Let’s practice now…” he smoothly avoid answering the question that was asked second ago.

“Should I go and buy them something? It’s on me for lunch” he added and rushes out of the room, M knew that the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter