One

Can't Behave

 

With her back hunched, Kim Jisoo heaved a sigh for the nth time for this day. Earlier, she received a text message from the girl whom she has been courting for almost a year that she won’t be able to see her tonight because of some stuff. What those are? Jisoo doesn’t want to know.

 

It has always been like this. Jisoo will constantly ask Rose out, with the latter granting her request, or most of the time, the girl will just effortlessly turn her down. This time is no different. If Jisoo was any another guy, he might as well just look for another lady to impress, because obviously Rose isn’t a bit interested in her. 

 

She glanced at her watch and it displays that it’s already 11PM. For an average person, 11PM is a time to be dead to the world. To be at home, resting after a long day in work. But not for Jisoo. Her phone vibrated, indicating that she received a notification. She fished out the phone from her pocket. “Oh great.” She muttered as she just met her lockscreen. Of course, it is her. Jisoo wasn’t even the one who changed her wallpaper with Rose’s photo. It was the girl herself.

 

“Why would you even change it with your picture?”

“So if you ever try or even think of cheating or seeing another girl, you’ll know I’m watching you. You behave.”

 

She opened her messaging app and saw that it was a chat from her cousin, Hanbin, telling her that his house party is just about to start and that he has a new friend that he’s been dying to introduce to her.

 

Jisoo ignored his chat and scoffed. I don’t ever think of getting interested in other people.

 

But because she wanted to clear the thoughts that have been clouding her mind for already some time, she fondled for her car keys and decided to go to the revelry.

 

**

 

“Well well well! Look who surprised us with her great presence!” The youngest Kim as of now, Jisoo, rolled her eyes at Hanbin, who already shows no sign of soberness left in his body. He went forward to hug her but was stopped.

 

“I’m glad you came.” His eyes wandered around the room as he knitted his brows, like he’s looking for someone. “Oh there she is—“ He suddenly departed which confused Jisoo. He eventually came back, with a beautiful girl which has almost the same height as Jisoo.

 

“Baby cousin, I want you to meet Jennie. And Jennie, this one’s my cousin I have been talking about to you, Jisoo.” He took both of the girls’ hands and purposely shake it with each other’s. This little action made the two girls go red in the face. The guy smirked to himself. “So, let me leave you two alone. I have to entertain some guests.”

 

“Uh, hi.” Jisoo was the first one to speak. “Sorry about that. I think he had so much alcohol already.”

 

“It’s okay, silly.” Jennie beamed at Jisoo, finding the apology cute. On the other hand, Jisoo can’t help but get mesmerized by the girl’s smile.

 

Jisoo rubbed the back of her neck, a habit she does when embarrassed. “No, he can be an idiot sometimes. I wonder what stuff he’s been talking about me. I’m sorry for that.”

 

“I kinda think like I already know you because of him.” Jennie sat on the nearest couch and the other girl followed her pursuit. “Like how you’ve been chasing for a girl.”

 

Jisoo widened her eyes at the other. “He told you that?”

 

Jennie bobbed her head. “Yup. For almost a year, am I right?”

 

Jisoo face-palmed and groaned. She made a mental note to kill her cousin tomorrow morning.

 

“She turned my invitation down a while ago. We’re about to go on a date. But ing cancelled for the last minute. When everything’s already prepared.”

 

Jennie stares at the girl pitifully. Yes she heard some rumors about Jisoo having a reputation of being a player in the past, but from what she learnt from her cousin and what she is seeing now is a girl who has already changed into someone who is ready to do anything for the one she loves.

 

Jennie sighed. She made up her mind that she will help Jisoo win this girl, one way or another, whatever it takes.

 

“Hey it’s alright. I can help you.”

 

Jisoo finally looks at the girl sitting beside her. “Help me what? Move on? Sorry, I can’t right now. I’m busy running after a girl who doesn’t even give a about me.”

 

Jennie chuckled at Jisoo. “I don’t like you.”

 

“What?”

 

“You know, after learning everything from your cousin, I know I wouldn’t stand a chance with whomever you’re courting.”

 

“So what do you mean you’re going to help me?”

 

“Trust me with this.”

 

**

The next day…

 

*poke*

 

“Unnie.”

 

*poke* *poke*

 

“Unnie!”

 

Rose finally looked up from her novel she is reading. She glared at the the girl who is determined to get her attention. “What Lisa?”

 

“Isn’t this Jisoo unnie?” Hearing her suitor’s name, she didn’t wait anymore for Lisa to show her. She immediately grabbed the younger’s phone and see it for herself.

 

“Hey be careful—my mom just bought that.” Lisa worriedly said. “Hey handle it with care!”

 

There, she saw a photo of Jisoo and an unfamiliar girl posted by Hanbin. The two are smiling, and it seems that they’re enjoying each other’s company.

 

Rose’s face contorted into a frown. Looks like someone forgot to behave.

 

“Unnie? Do you know who that is— hey you almost dropped my phone!” Lisa yelled as Rose just jumped out of her bed, picked some random clothes from her closet, and went straight to the bathroom.

 

Rose came out with her clothes already changed.

 

“Unnie? Where are you going?”

 

“Teaching that girl a lesson.” Rose answered while she wears her shoes.

 

Lisa pursed her lips to stop herself from smirking. “Why? Is unnie jealous of the girl?”

 

Rose gazed incredulously at the other girl. “Why would I be? Jisoo is madly in love with me.”

 

“How sure can you be though?” Lisa challenged the older girl. She showed the photo again to her unnie. “See? They look good together. Maybe Jisoo unnie got tired of going after you that she decided to hit it off with this girl.”

 

“She doesn’t!”

 

“What if she did? I don’t even know why you’re getting worked up by this. It’s obvious that you have no plan of taking Jisoo unnie seriously.”

 

“Stop! I don’t wanna hear it! I’m not talking to you!” Rose swiftly moved out of the room.

 

**

 

Rose came across with a Jisoo, who is just opening her suite’s door, indicating that the she didn’t spend her night at home.

 

“You just got home?”  

 

Jisoo cannot tell if the alcohol hasn’t left her body yet but she thinks she just heard Rose’s voice behind her until someone gripped her on the shoulder.

 

“I’m talking to you.”

 

Jisoo finally turns. Shock was evident on her face as she came head on with the girl she loves. “Rose?”

 

How come she’s not happy to see me? Rose thought. “You aren’t like this before!”

 

Jisoo was jolted by the girl. Why is she yelling at me?

 

“What are you talking about?”

 

“What happened to you?! You used to be excited when you see me!”

 

Jisoo flinched. “Hey can you please lower down your voice?”

 

“And now you’re annoyed with me?!” Rose can’t take it anymore.

 

Jisoo wanted to cover the younger’s mouth, annoyed that she’s being yelled at for some reason she doesn’t even know. “I just wanna know what brought you here.”

 

Of course Rose couldn’t just admit to her that it was a facebook photo that brought her here. Remembering it makes her wanna puke. Everything about Jisoo is hers.

 

“So where were you last night?” This question made Jisoo smirk inwardly. Sounds like someone’s acting like a girlfriend.

 

Jisoo glanced from side to side, seeing that there are people who can hear their conversation. “You wanna talk about this inside?”

 

“Fine.”

 

**

 

After Jisoo was done closing the door, Rose was quick to repeat her question. “Where were you?”

 

But instead of answering, Jisoo went to the kitchen to drink water. “Make yourself comfortable. You want something?”

 

Rose stomped her foot. Why is Jisoo acting differently?

 

“I want an answer, Jisoo!” Rose whined.

 

Jisoo came back with a glass on her hand. She leaned on the kitchen door’s frame. “I had a sleepover at friend’s house okay?”

 

“I told you not to do that. Especially after drinking—“ Rose quickly bit her tongue. She cursed herself for spilling something accidentally too soon.

 

“How did you know I was drinking?” Jisoo is now smiling. Seems that the plan’s working huh?

 

Jisoo set the glass on the table. She sat on the couch and pat the space beside her. “Will you please sit here?”

 

Rose hesitantly sat beside Jisoo.

 

Contrary to what happened earlier, Rose is now being disturbingly silent which made Jisoo worried.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

Then all of a sudden, Rose burst into tears. “I hate you!”

 

Now Jisoo felt guilty. “I was just kidding. I’m sorry.”

 

The younger girl continuously bawled. “I really hate you!”

 

“Hey I already said I was just joking! I slept at Hanbin’s okay?”

 

“I’m not crying because of that!”

 

“What did I do again?” Jisoo sighed. If there was someone who should be mad, it’s her. She’s freaking getting yelled at.

 

“Now you’re playing innocent!”

 

“Because I am!”

 

“Really? So who was the girl you spent the night with?”

 

Now it’s all clear to Jisoo. She smiled again. “Why? Are you jealous?” The truth is, Jisoo wanted to hear that she is.

 

“What’s so funny about that?” Rose gets more annoyed as she sees Jisoo smile. “You think this is funny?”

 

“I’m asking you, are you jealous?” Jisoo decided to stare at the other girl’s bloodshot eyes.

 

Rose looked away, Jisoo only scooted closer to her. “Don’t come any closer!”

 

“Why won’t you answer me?”

 

Rose had enough and released an exasperating sigh. When did Jisoo become this insensitive about her feelings? “Isn’t it obvious?!”

 

Finally. Would it be bad if Jisoo felt her heart jumping at this moment? She took Rose’s hands on hers.

 

The other girl wanted to pull away but Jisoo has her grip tight. “Let me gooo.”

 

“So you’re getting worked up with Jennie?”

 

“Oh? So you still have the audacity of introducing her to me? Great, when can I meet her?” Rose asked sarcastically.

 

Jisoo shrugged. “I don’t know. Maybe on our wedding day? She seems like a busy person.”

 

“We’re not getting married!”

 

“Okay, so I’ll marry her instead.”

 

Rose wanted to smack that smirk off the other girl’s face. “Oh god. I really hate you!”

 

“For every ‘hate you’ that goes out of your mouth, I will have to kiss you. So stop.”

 

Because of this, Rose zipped shut afraid of what Jisoo just said.

 

“Listen, Jennie and I, we’re nothing okay? She’s just a friend. I swear.”

 

Rose looked down ruefully. “How can I be sure?”

 

“I know you’re not yet ready. You’re having trust issues, I understand but please, believe me when I say you’re the only one I want.”

 

“You wanna know why I refuse to go out with you sometimes? It’s to ensure myself that you’re sincere about me. I want to test us, what will happen if we hardly see each other? Who will walk away and who will keep on trying?”

                                     

“If I’m not genuine about my feelings for you, I would’ve chosen another path and be gone a long time ago. But no.” Jisoo pecked the girl on her forehead. “I’m still here, aren’t I? And I am more than willing to wait even if it lasts us a lifetime just to hear you say yes.”

 

Rose couldn’t help but smile at the confession that she ended up hugging the girl.

 

Jisoo pulled the girl closer by the waist. “Is this a yes?”

 

The younger pulled away, Jisoo groaned as she already miss the warmth.

 

 

“Nope not yet.”

 

“Whaaaat?”

 

“I thought you’re willing to wait for a lifetime?”

 

“I didn’t mean that literally!”

 

Rose giggled at her soon-to-be-gf. “Fine. I’m yours.”

 

Jisoo can’t believe what she just heard. “What?”

 

“You’re doing that on purpose!”

 

“Rose it’s okay I’m not rushing things—if you’re not ready, I can—“

 

“I love you.”

 

“What?”

 

“What? You’re suddenly deaf now? You’re supposed to say ‘I love you too.’”

 

Jisoo has never been this ecstatic. Her face might break with how hard she is smiling right now. Finally, the girl of her dreams said yes. “Of—of couse I love you too. Can I kiss you?”

 

Rose finds her now girlfriend’s question adorable. “You know you can just do it.” She put her arms around the other girl’s shoulders.

 

END

 

--

 

So hello, I just needed to post this before I start doing some stuff tomorrow. Sorry for some errors. I can't believe it's already Monday again. I didn't even feel the weekend. :'( The only thing that keeps me going for now is waiting for Blackpink TV. Hahahaha.