Chapter twenty-eight

Now [Troublemaker]

 

 

When Byeol opened her eyes again, it was only to see her friends grinning and all the students present in the room applauding and cheering on them.

 

She felt like her heart was about to burst into her chest and her head was spinning, but she felt good. She felt extremely good. She was on a stage and people were applauding because they had like what she had done (and what the whole group had done, obviously, but she was also part of the group). People were happy because they had given them pleasure and because what they had done was great.

 

Byeol hadn't made a single mistake and she hadn't forgotten to sing either. She had just looked at her piano and for a short while, all the other things around her had disappeared. It was like this one time she had played over five hundred people for the very first time or like when her dad had came to see her play before the competition, the day she had her accident. It was only her piano, her dream, her passion and her.

 

And it felt perfect. Everything about this simple performance had been perfect.

 

She saw Hakyeon standing in front of her and telling her things she couldn't hear and before she could even react, Hongbin helped her to stand on her legs. She stumbled and fortunately, her brother was there to hold on before she could collapse on the floor. “You were perfect,” he whispered into her ear as she looked at the crowd of students who couldn't stop applauding.

 

They bowed to thanks all the people who had stayed to listen to them and left the stage. Once Byeol reached the backstage, Taekwoon pulled her into a tight hug and he kissed her right in front of their friends.

 

You were perfect,” he said, “I wasn't doubting it, but you were even more perfect than I thought you would be.”

 

Since she couldn't find the words to answer him, she just kissed him again. A kiss which tasted like tears because she couldn't stop crying.

 

Yun entered the room a while after and she jumped on her boyfriend to congrats him first and then she hugged every single one of the members of the group.

 

You were amazing!” she said, “I loved it! I totally loved it! It was even more perfect than during the rehearsal! A-ma-zing!”

 

Ryeowook also entered the room and Byeol felt her heart missed a beat. Indeed, her brother was crying as much as her and he had a big proud smile over his face. Both Kim children stared at each other without saying a word because they weren't needed and Byeol just laughed and came to hug him.

 

It wasn't fear she had felt before standing on stage. It was a kind of fear: the one that forces you to act even when you are weak, the one that pushes you to break and overcome your limits, the one that shakes one's core to make him feel and the one that makes someone feel alive.

 

It wasn't fear. It was adrenaline.

 

And Byeol realized at this moment how much she had missed this feeling during the past five years. She was living and craving to feel adrenaline once again.

 

*

 

So, what are you going to do during your holidays?” Jaehwan asked.

 

Nobody answered him.

 

They were all sitting in the music room and all seemed lost in their thoughts. It was their last day of school and the bell had rung twenty minutes ago. For Hyuk, it was the one announcing that he had managed to pass one year and that he still had two beautiful years to chose himself a path for his future. For Byeol, Hongbin, Wonshik and Jaehwan, it was the one announcing that their second year was done and that the one left would be the most important one because they would have to work hard for the university entrance exams. And for Hakyeon and Taekwoon, it was the very last one they would heard since they would both enter the university of their choice in September. They were now done with high school and they were two months away from entering the adults world.

 

Byeol and I are going to Japan in August,” Hongbin said, “Ryeowook hyung invited us to spend two weeks there for us to meet his fiancée. And Hyuk is coming with us.”

Why is he coming?” Jaehwan raised a brow, curious.

Because I invited him,” Hongbin smiled and looked at the younger boy who blushed.

And you,” Byeol asked Jaehwan, “what are you going to do?”

Don't know,” he shrugged off, “I was planning on inviting Yun to go to Jeju-do for a week but I don't know if she will say yes.”

She will, don't worry,” Byeol chuckled.

And you hyung,” Hongbin asked Hakyeon, “what are you planning on doing?”

Nothing really interesting...”

 

Nobody asked Taekwoon because they already knew his plans: indeed, he was planing to work hard on his secret project he still refused to tell about and Byeol was more than excited to know what it was. But she didn't bother him with this since she knew he would told her when the moment would come.

 

Should we go and eat?” Hyuk asked.

What about Yoora?” Jaehwan said.

Well,” Hakeyon stood up and dug his hands into the pockets of his uniform trousers, “she didn't even apologized for not coming at the show. I don't miss her at all.”

And Wonshik did an amazing job!” Taekwoon smiled and patted his friend's shoulder who shyly smiled as an answer.

Well it was now or never,” the rapper said, “I chose now and I didn't regret it.”

Maybe one day we'll be able to perform on stage once again, who knows?” Jaehwan shrugged off.

Well... who knows?” Byeol said too.

 

*

 

So you aren't going to tell me what you're planning to do?” Byeol pouted and looked at her boyfriend with her puppy eyes, hopping he would finally speak.

No, not now,” he smiled.

But why~?” she whined.

Because I'm not sure whether I'm going to succeed or not and I don't want to feel pressured because of you or my friends having high expectations. If it fails, well... it's too bad but if it succeeds, then I'll tell you.”

 

She sighed.

 

I'd better be the first one to know, alright?”

Don't worry,” he took her hand into his and squeezed it tightly.

 

Byeol smiled and they kept walking along the side of the Han River with their hands intertwined and smiles over their faces.

 

You know that now matter what you'll do I'll support you, right?”

I know,” he nodded.

And I'll always be your number one fan!”

You'd better be,” he chuckled and kissed her temple.

 

She blushed, just like she was doing when he was kissing her in public and he suddenly stopped. He turned to face her and put one hand in her back and the other on her cheek. They said nothing for a while and only stared at each other and Byeol somehow forgot there were people around them. She didn't even care about them and about what they could possibly said: only Taekwoon mattered.

 

Byeol?”

Hum?”

I'm... I'm probably going to say something that is going to sound really cheesy and awkward but please listen to me, alright?” she nodded and bit on her lower lip, expecting what he could possibly said. “Byeol... promise me that no matter what I'll do after high school you'll wait for me.”

 

She frowned and blinked a few times.

 

W-what do you mean?”

Promise you'll wait for me.”

Are you perhaps going to the army? Why the hell would you need me to wait for you otherwise?” she chuckled to hide her nervousness.

Please... I'm serious. Just wait for me.”

 

She didn't need to hesitate any longer. She stood on her tip-toes and brought her face closer to his. Without a warning she kissed him on the lips. It wasn't a passionate kiss but it was just enough for Taekwoon to have an answer. He smiled against her lips before she stepped back.

 

I'll wait for you just like you've waited for me during all of these years,” she admitted.

 

He kissed her again, more passionately this time.

 

I'll wait.”

 

It was a promise.

 


Here's the last chapter! I'm sorry I couldn't update this story before but I was busy :/

I hope you liked it (and liked the whole story) and for those wondering what could possibly be Taekwoon doing ? Don't worry this answer will come in the eplilogue which should (and i say should) be ready in two weeks (or earlier). 

I don't really have much to say about this chapter, this is just a soft end leading to the epilogue and yeah... that's pretty much it. But if you have something to say about it, if you feel like something is missing or if you have questions and remarks, please do not hesitate to leave me a comment :)

Thx you for reading :) see you soon for the very last update !

xx

Mae