Seventh - Awkward

Always & Forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The car ride to Doyoung's apartment was awkward and quiet. Doyoung could not stand that awkward atmosphere, so he decided to turn the radio on. Neither Taeyong and Jaehyun weren't speaking, but rather staring blankly out the window. Doyoung couldn't tell if it was the tiredness or the confusion about Nara. Just say something please, Doyoung thought. 

Doyoung and Nara made small conversations regarding about their families. Mostly, throwbacks of when they were little or Nara's stories from growing up in America. 

"The first few years were kinda difficult because we had nothing. Obviously, there was the language barrier too. When I first started school, I wanted to speak out, but my English wasn't that great", Nara paused. "I couldn't express to what I wanted to say to my classmates and my teachers that it got up to the point of frustration" 

Little did Nara know, Taeyong and Jaehyun were secretly listening to her conversationg with Doyoung. Without saying a word to each other, they both thought of how Nara struggeld so much that weren't there to comfort her. All throughout the years, they had just been waiting for her to come back, so that the three of the them would be complete. 

"I didn't give up. There were some days that I wanted to, but it just got better every year", Nara continued. She caught a glimpse of the rear view mirrow only to find Jaehyun staring to the front. "I couldn't visit whenever I wanted to in the beginning because my family was financially struggling"

She remembered. Taeyong and Jaehyun both thought. 

"With all of the my dad's hardwork for this company, he was raised to the director of the company, then after that everything was better for us", Nara smiled. 

"Wow, I'm proud of uncle! I remember my mom telling me of how uncle got promoted", Doyoung added. 

"But dad was really busy, so it was almost impossible for my whole family to visit Korea" 

"You didn't want to come on your own?", Taeyong asked. 

It was a surprise to everyone in the car. Nara had not known that he was listening to her convesations with Doyoung. Even though Doyoung had to keep his eyes on the road, he was happy on the inside that one of them officially said something. 

Nara replied shyly, "I was busy with my part-time jobs, school activities, and friends" And I was scared of facing you guys, Nara wanted to say this out loud, but she decided to keep it hidden for now. 

"In conclusion, it was just difficult for my family and I to take a break and fly out here in Korea when we were just settling in. But now, everything is fine and my family is comfortable now. I can probably visit Korea every summer", Nara joked at the end. 

"Have you ever thought about staying here?", Doyoung asked. 

"My parents actually gave me a deal; if I become comfortable here and able to take care of myself here in Korea, they can let me stay here and let me graduate here. But, if I can't, then I'm going back", Nara felt regretful after saying those last few words. "And it's totally up to my choice!" she added so she does not want to make everybody worried. 

"Well I hope you don't have to leave, so we can graduate together!", Doyoung said cheerfully. He took a glimpse of the rear view mirror and caught Jaehyun and Taeyong grinning. Doyoung smirked at seeing their faces. "You can even graduate with those two in the back" 

Doyoung was able to caught Jaehyun's and Taeyong's attention and they both just panickly stared at him. Suddenly Taeyong's phone rang. "Hansol? I'm on my way back. Doyoung had me do a favor for him. I'll meet you in front of your dance studio" 

Then he hung up his call. "Doyoung, can you drop me off at the SM studio. I needed to give Hansol's hoodie back" 

"I'll go with Taeyong. My house is only a few blocks from there and I could just walk home", Jaehyun added. 

"Are you guys sure? You don't want to stay and hang out in my apartment for a little bit?", Doyoung asked. 

"Nara just got off a long flight, she probably feels tired. We should let her rest up for the night and let her adjust to Korea's time", Taeyong suggested. 

Nara nodded. "I can always just see you guys tomorrow or whenever you guys are free" 

"Sounds good to me", Doyoung said. 

"Nara, if you're hungry, here's some food from the airport that I bought earlier", Jaehyun offered Nara the brown fast-food bag that he had been holding throughout the car ride. 

Nara turned around and reached for the bag, " Thank you so much!" 

Moments later, Doyoung arrived in front of the SM Studio building. He sees a tall figure wearing a black beanie, gray sweatpants, and a plain white shirt waiting in front of the building. Doyoung parked the car into one of the parking spots. The boy stood up from his spot and walked over to the car. 

Jaehyun and Taeyong were getting out the car, then greeted Hansol. "Here's your hoodie", Taeyong threw Hansol's hoodie at him, and thanks to Hansol's quick reflex, he was able to catch it

Doyoung pressed a button on hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter