Chapter 3

The Painter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Warning : Character death

The woman had black eyes, it was fully black and the mouth ripped open as she smiled at Kyuhyun He could feel shiver ran down his spines at the sight. The woman was wearing long white gown and it was sweeping the floor as she came closer towards the scared male. She was holding a bloody scissor in her hand and Kyuhyun wanted to scream for help. He tried to scream but no sound coming out of his mouth. He closed his eyes, hoping the woman would go but when he opened his eyes, the woman was sitting on the top of him with a creepy smile.

“Hyu-“

She raised her scissor in his hand high, ready to stab Kyuhyun in the face. Her eyes were so black. Kyuhyun wanted to close his eyes but he couldn’t. The woman’s laugh wickedly and the sharp edge of the scissors landed on his neck.

“HYUNG!”

Kyuhyun woke up with sweat all over his body. It was a dream. Or it wasn’t? He wasn’t sure. He blinked but only see darkness. He touched his eyes and just remembered that his eyes were covered with bandage since few weeks ago. He was still not used with it but it was okay, because he didn’t have to see them anymore. He was shaking and crying in fear. He heard sound of step getting closer and the door slammed open.

“Hey.. Hey, it’s all right.” Yesung’s voice filled his ear. His voice was really soft and calming. “Hyung is here. It’s okay. You had a nightmare again? It’s allright.. that was only dream” Yesung cupped Kyuhyun’s cheeks and wiped the falling tears with his hands.

“Listen to Hyung’s voice. Take a deep breath. It’s allright.” Kyuhyun did what his Hyung said. “You are sweating. Hyung will bring new bandage and tie the new one for you, okay?”

Yesung was about to get up but Kyuhyun gripped his wrist tightly. He couldn’t feel that his wrist hurt because of the grip. His little brother was shaking and his pajama was wet because the sweat.

“No! Hyung! No! Please stay here. Don’t leave me!”

“You are scared, right?” Yesung spoke softly. “Calm down, Hyung will be in your side when I put the bandage later so-“

“No way! No way!” Kyuhyun screamed. “Please stay here with me Hyung… I am scared. Don’t leave me please. Please don’t.”

Yesung hugged his brother to calm him down. Kyuhyun was still crying and Yesung couldn’t help to cry silently. Seeing his brother like this, spending his teenager life inside the house, not able to see the world outside. He really felt useless as brother. He didn’t know what to do. If possible, he would willingly change his body with Kyuhyun so his brother didn’t have feel scared anymore. He rocked his brother back and forth, glad that it he stopped crying and only sniffing. After a while, Kyuhyun fell asleep out of tiredness. Yesung was still hugging him and singing lullaby, hoping his brother wouldn’t get another nightmare.

**

Yesung carefully placed his recent painting at the new gallery. He was so tired since he just finished his paint near the deadline and his manager told him to put his new paintings at the new gallery. He spent most of his time taking care of his brother so he didn’t have time to paint anymore. He could only paint at his studio which was outside the house. Kyuhyun didn’t want to be left alone and it took a lot of time to convince him that he would only go for a while. His brother couldn’t fall asleep without him around and kept getting nightmare. He wished he could stay with him anytime but he had work and exhibition to take care, especially after they suddenly moved to Busan. He still needed money to support his life, mostly for Kyuhyun.

“Have you heard about it?”

“Rumor said that Yesung-ssi’s brother can’t see anymore.”

“Really?”

Yesung stopped midway when he heard the conversation. Some female visitors were talking in front of his painting, he couldn’t help to overhear about their conversation. He knew that they were talking about his brother.

“I didn’t believe it at first. But from what I heard his eyes are fine but he still has to put bandage to cover his eyes.”

“Are you sure? Why does he have to cover his eyes with bandage if they are okay? I think his eyes are injured for real.”

“Uhm.. that makes sense. Yesung-ssi must be very sad and confused because, he has to take care of his brother forever. He had to cancel many events because of his brother.”

“Yup, such a pity. His brother is really talented. I’ve seen his painting before and he can be big or bigger than his brother for sure. “

Yesung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter