Chapter 1

The Painter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

**

Kyuhyun’s POV

It was good when the inspiration came from trivial things that suddenly appeared  in your head. If that was difficult , people could get inspiration from things that they saw directly.

“Paint whatever you want, Kyuhyun.”

I looked up at my older brother and held my paint brush tightly. This would be the first time he let me use the real canvas and oil paint, usually I only used drawing book with water based paint. I liked drawing and painting but I took interest at painting more since it was more fun, playing with layer of colors to make a beautiful gradations with oil paint was better than drawing sketch with pencil . My brother seemed to know that I had interest with painting so today he allowed me to be inside his studio and let me to paint on the canvas with the professional tools. He said it was  a present for my 10th birthday which was yesterday. He wasn’t home to celebrate since he had work yesterday so I was sulking in my room all day long. He was also a painter, a famous one in korea so he was also my role model. He had been taking care of me alone after our parents died in an accident seven years ago. I was only three years old when it happened while Yesung hyung was only clueless teenager. Our was ten years and it was quite huge but it didn’t mean I wasn’t close with him. He was a father, mother, brother and friend to me. He was my everything.

“Okay, Yesung hyung.” I nodded and dipped my paint brush in red oil paint.

Yesung hyung ruffled my hair. I smiled at him then started painting in excitement when I knew what I wanted to make. I was too engrossed with my painting that I didn’t realize that Hyung left the studio. I keep glanced at the corner of the room so I could finish the painting. After few minutes, I was finally done. I looked around but Yesung hyung hadn’t came back yet so I went out to see him, of course to show my first painting on real canvas.

“Hyung! Hyung! I am done with my painting. You have to see!”

I saw that Yesung hyung at the living room, busy with his phone. He looked up and smiled when he saw the excited me. He walked towards me and I eagerly dragged him inside the studio. We entered the studio gallery and I noticed his smile dropped when he saw the painting. His eye widened in horror and I had to shake his hand to get his attention.

“Yesung Hyung, how is it?”

Hyung didn’t say anything and I thought my painting was really bad. Yesung Hyung stepped closer to see the painting better. His face was pale.

“You painted this?”

 I was really confused with his reaction. I could see Hyung was trembling. I told him that I only painted what I saw but after that, Hyung said that he wouldn’t allow me to paint like that. He brought he painting outside and burned it at the backyard. I honestly felt sad because it was my first painting with professional tools.

After that day, we decided to not talk about what I painted before. Hyung acted like it didn’t happen and I didn’t want to make Hyung angry so I kept silent. Because exams week was coming, I was too busy studying and didn’t have time to paint again. Yesung hyung probably already forgot about the painting.

“Kyuhyun, I will go to Busan for three days. Mrs. Jung will come here everyday to make food for you, okay?”

It was the last day of exams week, I and Hyung were having breakfast together.

“Okay! Don’t worry!” I answered after I swallowed the delicious fried rice in my mouth. My hyung was really good at cooking. He could do everything, it was amazing.

“Don’t sleep late and don’t forget to brush your teeth after eating sweets. Last time you had cavity. I couldn’t sleep properly because you cried all night long.”

I pouted but didn’t argue because the memory was still fresh in my mind. It was so painful and Hyung had a hard time because of me. “Yes, sir!”

“Good boy.” He smiled. I love to see Hyung’s smile. We didn’t really look a like. I had big brown eyes meanwhile Hyung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter