Polaris

You are my bucket list
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Summer has got to be GDragon's most favorite season all because his birthday month is a part of it. The unyielding temperature has never bothered him regardless of how much the sun dehydrated his integumentary system. In fact, to him, the scorching heat only makes it more desirable simply because the man is a self-professed beach lover.

The short visit to Jeju island a couple of weeks ago was actually a demonstration of that fact. While the trip mainly consisted of copious discussions as well as transactions over Mônsant's new project, the young entrèpreneur didn't stop himself from making the most out of his stay in Korea's summer capital. His vacation was briefly documented over his IG accounts signifying that the artist had the time of his life all throughout his stay. 

Bigbang's leader has always been generous when it comes to sharing important parts of his life to his fans. It was how he connected with them -- letting them see the world through his eyes. But if he were to choose which among the Jeju escapade was his favorite, the alone time with his bicycle would definitely be it. 

It was actually pretty obvious as to why he adored the bicycle experience so much. It reminded him of a certain someone who mindlessly unleashed the inner child in him during their 'Let's not fall in love' MV. The guy, who eagerly pedalled the two-wheeled props, managed to fire up a series of laughter from the small crowd that they were with. And it's actually one of the things he loves the most about that guy, his adorable silliness. And right now, GD's admitting to himself that he's terribly missing this silly person -- So much that even though he just hung up on him a few minutes ago, he's still longing for the other's presence. 

 

 

A few weeks before the trip, GD asked TOP to come with him to Jeju. They had been busy with the fan meetings over the past months and the leader was yearning for some sort of relaxation. He's perfectly aware of the older rapper's unforgiving schedule and he's definitely convinced that it was his hyung who needed a vacation the most.  Sadly, TOP declined the leader's offer. It was kind of expected anyway and GD couldn't be more disappointed. 

Yet despite of being turned down, the leader didn't try coaxing the other man into coming with him. He figured that pushing his hyung will only trigger his mood swings. It's not that GD couldn't pacify the expected tantrums, it's just that the promised relaxation would most likely not serve its purpose on him. And as much as he wanted the older guy to experience the islet with him, he instead pushed through with his plans... Together with some of his friends. 

 

 

So going back to Seunghyun, the man is definitely the most exhausted member of the group. Not only did he get to act in a highly anticipated action-filled movie, he was also chosen to curate for the Sotheby's, making the bingu rapper the most in demand guy in the industry. His being 'versatile' with his talents didn't come as a suprise to anyone anymore. In fact, his flexibility earned him thousands of praise and admiration primarily because he never failed to show his heart through his work.  

In addition to that, the crowd absolutely commends his humility. No matter how extensive his achievements were, the air never went into his head -- a proof that his lack of vanity was his greatest asset. 

But if there's an asset, there's also a liability. After all, the godly creature was still a human being. Two of his flaws (which the other members considered to be kind of 'intolerable') were his sudden mood shifting and the strange obsession with bizarre things. The later imperfection has been switched on for the past few days -- which only irritated the group's leader. 

 

Astronomy. Yes. The freaking celestial objects were T.O.P's latest addiction. 

 

 

GD could never understand Seunghyun's fascination over it that whenever there's a god-given spare time, the oldest member utilized them by talking about galaxies and the like. He even bought a handful of corresponding books and printed out several articles about those 's' (according to GD) and studied more about them during his leisure time. 

So when the leader caught him reading one of those write-ups again, he mustered up the courage to finally ask his hyung about the annoying fixation.

"Since when have you been interested with the universe, hyung? I thought you hated Science?"

Seunghyun immediately directed his attention towards the interrogating guy, brows midway to disappearing completely from his now-long fringe. 

"I do hate Science but not the universe and the galaxies. And actually, it's only the stars and the constellations I'm interested about."

The guy continued to read his astronomy thingys while the leader just stared at him in confusion. Constellation? Really? What's with the stars that pulled him into it? He was about to throw out those questions when the older man shifted his position and cleared his throat.

"Ji, what do you want for your birthday?"

GD was beyond appalled upon hearing his hyung's query. It kind of irritated him that the person who knew him by heart was asking him something like that because the leader has never been discreet when it comes to his desires.

Yet in spite of his incessant hinting, Seunghyun will always pick out something that the leader exactly needed rather than what he just wanted.

There was never a time when GD complained about the stuff he received from his hyung. He trusted Seunghyun's judgments on things. The only thing that mattered to him was that the fact that the rapper handpicked them himself. The thoroughly selected gifts always made him feel special. 

"Why?" He replied with an arch brow.

"Well honestly, I'm running out of ideas... That's why I needed to ask you, Ji. I'm so sorry..."

I knew it. GD tried his best to repress his giggles as Seunghyun avoided his eyes. One thing that the older guy actually at is keeping surprises. And his innocent excuse only gave him away. 

"Oh...kay. Let's see?" 

He decided to play along just so he wouldn't ruin the other's plans. With a 'hm' and a couple of contemplative faces, he finally ended his pretentious acting with an adorable pout as he said...

"Mmm... You know what, hyung? Just... Blow me away."

Judging by the other's astonishment, GD knew that he had picked out the wrong words to say to him. And right about the time he was to clarify his statement, a devilish grin wormed out onto his hyung's perfectly carved lips as he said...

"That's... Actually... To be... Expected, right?" 

The smirk that emerged onto Seunghyun's face looked a lot more dangerous than what the leader was expecting and it somehow managed to warm up his insides.

"That's... That's... n-not w-what I meant, hyung!" 

"No? That's not what you want? Alright, then." Seunghyun smiled sheepishly. "But seriously... I need a more specific answer, Ji... or I might think of it the wrong way again..."

A palm instantly flew into Seunghyun's chest as the both of them laughed their asses out. But then the older linked their hands together which made the leader flush even more. 

"I get it, okay." He said, laughing in between. "I'm just messing with you, Ji." 

Seunghyun cleared the unruly fringe away from the leader's face and gave him a gentle look while saying...

"I will try to... Blow you away." 


>>•<<

 

August 17

 

GD was in the middle of deciding on which pair of denims to wear when a call suddenly emerged from his phone.

"Hyung?" 

"Hey, Ji. Where are you?"

"I'm still at home but I'm about to go to the studio..."

"But I thought you said you didn't have anything planned for today?" He cut in. 

The leader couldn't understand why the other sounded disappointed. He could almost see the pout that accompanied the sad tone. 

"Uhh... I just want to utilize my spare time, hyung. Anyway, do you need me for anything? Are you... Okay?" 

The line suddenly became silent. 

"Hyung? Are you still..."

"Open the door, Ji." 

The doorbell chimed as soon as the caller hung up. GD grabbed the only accessible shirt on his bed and practically ran towards his door. And upon opening, the insanely beautiful Choi Seunghyun was beaming in front of him causing his knees to wobble a little. 

"You're not going anywhere without me today because I am going to kidnap you. Oh ! I sound like a criminal... Let me rephrase that..."

Seunghyun snorted as he slowly reached for the younger's hands and held them tightly on his.

"Whether you like it or not, You are mine today, Kwon Jiyong."

 

 

The moment they stepped out of the enormous gate, GD's jaw dropped at the sight before him. A perfectly accesorized black pick up truck was parked on the other side of the street. Even with it's enormous rims, the truck showcased a certain touch of elegance that he never thought would be possible for a ragged looking auto like that. Every single detail of i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter