Chapter 1

Not Meant To Be
No one's POV:
 
"Eomma..." She whined. The first day of school was probably the worst day of her life.
 
New faces. New people. New environment. 
 
New haters.
 
She didn't know what she did for them to hate her in her previous school.
 
Bullying, betrayal, revenge was what she earned.
 
"Minyeong." Her mother warned sternly, the glare that made Minyeong regret anything wrong she had done. But she was her daughter, so…
 
"Eomma I really don't wanna go...can't I stay at home...for today at least?" She pleaded, putting on her shoes.
 
"No. And that's final. Besides, if I let you stay at home today, wouldn't you be like this tomorrow too?”
 
Damn right she was.
 
"Now go on! Don't wanna be late for first day of school right?”
 
"I still don't get why we had to move and transfer school. Isn't Busan enough already? Now Seoul?”
 
“Minyeong. I finally got a great job opportunity here and besides, you didn't like your previous school either too.”
 
Lies. Minyeong knew they moved because her mum wanted to avoid her father.
 
But she went along.
 
"Fine." She gave in, grabbing her bag and making sure everything was perfect before getting ready to leave the house.
 
"Remember to make new friends! Oh and...come back early today! We're having the neighbours over today!”
 
Neighbours. Minyeong mentally face palmed herself.
 
"Bye mum, love you." She pecked her mother on the cheek before leaving the house.
 
"Love you too!”
 
And she took the first step out of the house, not bothering to close the door behind her as her mother would do that for her.
 
"It's a nice weather for a good start..." She spoke to herself, stopping in her steps to look up at the sky.
 
It was clear and sunny, but a slight breeze made the weather perfect. Though this kind of weather wasn't Minyeong's favourite. She preferred rainy days, where she could just stay at home with a cup of hot chocolate, wrapped under layers of comfy blankets, sitting by the window sill. How Minyeong wished it was raining right now.
 
Suddenly, her attention was brought to her neighbour's house. 
 
She heard footsteps and opening of the door and saw a young tall man walking out of the house.
 
He was listening to music with the occasion of nodding of his head.
 
And he...was wearing her new school's uniform.
 
So he must be attending the same school as me.
 
Then Minyeong face palmed herself, not mentally this time.
 
"Stupid me. Of course he's attending the same school if he's wearing the same uniform!”
 
She sighed, before walking down the steps and onto the walkway.
 
"Now Minyeong...what was the way to school again?" She questioned, before groaning.
 
I'm quite sure Eomma told me before, but I wasn't paying attention.
 
She was lucky that the guy that is currently walking in front of her attended the same school, how convenient.
 
I'll just follow him then.
 
While following the guy in front of her, she took in her surroundings.
 
Seems like this part of Seoul was peaceful, quiet and pretty nice to be honest, not quite like what she expected.
 
They walked for about 5 minutes before the guy stopped abruptly.
 
Minyeong didn't notice until she was a few steps behind him before she stopped too, curious.
 
He suddenly turned around, looking at her.
 
All of a sudden, she felt intimidated. His dark eyes were as if they could bore through her soul, and with the height difference, it made things worse. Not that Minyeong was short, she was 165cm, and that guy was around 175cm, or more than that by a few centimetres.
 
"What do you want?" He sneered.
 
"I-I am walking to...school." She said, trying to be more confident than how she was feeling right now.
 
"Really? Because if you didn't notice, miss..." He emphasised the last word.
 
"...I walked in a circle and you were following me from my house. Now spill." He looked at her, waiting for a reply.
 
"I...I don't know the way to school. You see I'm a new student and-" She tried explaining, but he wasn't looking at her. Like, he was facing her, but his eyes were not meeting hers.
 
"Enough. I don't want to know more." He scoffed, turning back and walked twice the speed.
 
Wow. Rude.
 
She crossed her arms and tried catching up with him, only to-
 
"Ahh!!!" She tripped over a rock and fell. She expected her face to meet the concrete floor, but instead she heard a grunt and fell on something else.
 
She looked up and she gasped.
 
A human.
 
A boy.
 
 
Another boy.
 
 
 
From her school.
 
 
 
 
Her new school.
 
 
 
 
 
Wearing the same school uniform.
 
And she realised, he held her in his arms, cushioning the fall, and instead of her, he was the one that hit the floor.
 
"Argh..." He groaned.
 
"O-omo I'm sorry!!! I'm really...really sorry..." She exclaimed, getting up immediately and bowing repeatedly, cheeks flushed red.
 
"It's okay." The boy chuckled, rubbing his head before getting up.
 
"Oh no...your uniform..." She pointed out. His shirt and pants were kind of wrinkled, some dirtied by the fall.
 
"Ah it's okay I swear!" He laughed. Still, Minyeong was filled with guilty even though he assured her everything was fine.
 
"Are you new here? I never seen you around here before.”
 
"Ah yes...I moved in a few days ago.”
 
"Ahh I see. I'm-oh , we're gonna be late. Come on!" He pulled her by the hand, dragging her all the way to school.
 
 
 
---
 
 
 
Minyeong's POV:
 
We were lucky that we reached in time.
 
"Thank you again." I bowed.
 
"It's my pleasure. Miss Clumsy." He bowed gracefully on purpose, like how a prince does in musicals and cartoon s.
 
I shook my head in disbelief, smiling brightly. I stumbled multiple times while running to school, but didn't fall because he was holding my hand.
 
"See you later.”
 
"Oh yeah, okay-" I turned back to him to face no one in the lockers.
 
"-well...see you later then." I sighed, making my way to the vice-principal's office, with the help of signs.
 
I knocked on the door and hears a soft "Come in", then I carefully opened the wooden door.
 
"Annyeonghaseyo..." I greeted the staff who was sitting behind the counter. I assumed she was the assistant or some sort because there was another room at the corner that I think is the actual actual vice-principal's office.
 
"May I help you?" She had her black hair tied up in a tight bun, with few strands of fringe coming out loose, and wore a light blue long sleeved shirt, face hidden behind a thin spectacle frame. She looks around her mid thirties.
 
Wow...she looks scary.
 
"Ah yes...well I'm the new student here, and I uh am finding the vice-principal?" That sounded more like a question than an answer.
 
"Lee Minyeong?" I nodded.
 
"You're looking at her right now.”
 
Oh.
 
"O-oh I'm sorry..." I bowed.
 
"Don't be. Now shall I give you a small tour around the school?" She smiled.
 
Maybe she wasn't that bad.
 
"Okay." I returned the smile. She lead me out of the room and beckoned me to follow her.
 
 
 
---
 
 
 
"And over here, is the nurse's office. Any injury, go to her, she's a nice person...but lazy at times." I giggled at her comment. I realised the vice principal was actually a very nice and humorous person, just if you didn't know her, you'll probably avoid her.
 
"The second, third and fourth levels are your classrooms, and finally the library is located three levels above the nurse's office, same level as the year threes." I nodded once again.
 
"This is your timetable and locker number. You're in class 1-2, now hurry along now! I got your homeroom teacher waiting outside your class for you.”
 
"Kansahamnida…"
 
"Miss Jeon." 
 
"Ne." I bowed once more before trotting up the stairways to the second level.
 
"Hmm...class 1-2..." I mumbled, reaching the first class I saw.
 
"This is 1-1...that means-“
 
"Are you Minyeong?" I looked up, seeing a man who looked like his mid-twenties calling for me.
 
I looked back down at my timetable and saw the names of teachers of each period.
 
"Mr Jung?" He nodded and smiled brightly, two straight rows of white teeth out on display.
 
"Come on, I'll introduce you to the class. They're waiting for you." He winked, opening the classroom door.
 
I stopped behind the door, making sure people other than Mr Jung inside couldn't see me.
 
"Class, remember the new student I was talking about last week?"
 
"Ne!" The class chorused.
 
Wow, it's either Mr Jung is too likeable for a teacher or the students are just too energetic and happy.
 
Maybe both.
 
"Come in please!" That was my cue. I entered the class with careful and small steps, standing beside Mr Jung.
 
I heard a few whistles from the guys in my (new) class and murmurs. Hopefully they aren't bad comments about me.
 
"Introduce yourself." He smiled, hand out, beckoning me to speak.
 
"A-annyeonghaseyo, Lee Minyeong ib...mida." I bowed, small timid smile planted on my face. The confidence I had rushed out of my body when the class became silent for a few seconds.
 
Did I do something wrong?
 
No please.
 
I don't wanna die on the first day of-
 
"CUTE!!!”
 
"Oh my god she's hot!”
 
"And pretty!”
 
"Those legs!!!”
 
"How can such a person even exist?!”
 
"Her voice is life~~~" The last comment earned the guy a slap on the shoulder from his desk mate friend.
 
My face must've reddened a lot because almost the whole class was cooing at me.
 
All except for one.
 
My eyes widened in shock.
 
The guy.
 
My neighbour.
 
The damn rude guy.
 
Who wasn't even looking at me, just sitting at the corner by the window, earpieces plugged in, not giving a damn about the world around him.
 
Can he even notice people if they talking to him?
 
"Alright Minyeong you can take the seat between Jimin and Jungkook, that seat over there." I nodded, scanning around for the empty seat.
 
"Saem, Jimin isn't here yet.”
 
"Ah must be late again. That kid..." He laughed, rubbing his forehead.
 
Then I found the seat I was supposed to sit at.
 
Oh .
 
No you didn't. 
 
Why.
 
I have to sit beside that rude neighbour guy.
 
Not the empty seat away from the one next to him.
 
Because if so, Mr Jung wouldn't tell me to sit between him AND someone else.
 
Great.
 
I walked down the aisle, hearing "ooh" "she's so lucky" "damn gurl”.
 
Finally I reached the back of the class where my seat was.
 
I sat down quietly, and took a glance at the guy beside me.
 
I think he's Jimin.
 
That means the other guy sitting on my right is...
 
"SAEM IM SORRY!!!" A sudden burst of the door and another guy whom I assumed was Jungkook entered.
 
Wait.
 
Oh my god.
 
It can't be.
 
"Ahh take a seat. Alright class, stay behind for a few minutes after your last lesson ends okay? Those who leave will have to clean the toilets in the entire school for the day." Groans. 
 
"Bye! See you all later!" He winked, sending some girls to squeal and fangirl over him. 
 
The Jungkook guy bowed and ran to his seat, and plopped down.
 
His forehead had beads of sweat, hair sticking so perfectly, and made me wonder how someone can still look good like this.
 
"You!" He exclaimed when he finally turned to look at me.
 
"H-hey..." I trailed off, nervous all of a sudden.
 
"Miss Clumsy, I didn't know you attended my class.”
 
"Hehe yeah...Jungkook right?”
 
His face fell. And he frowned.
 
"No. I'm Jimin. Park Jimin. That one over there is Jeon Jungkook." He spat the remaining words like the guy was dirt.
 
He probably was true though.
 
"I looked back at the Jungkook guy to see him placing his head on his arms, supposedly sleeping, I couldn't see his face.
 
"Anyway what's your name? I didn't introduce myself because I was late.”
 
"Ah...I'm Minyeong. Lee Minyeong. It's nice to see you here.”
 
"Same goes to you." He winked.
 
"Hey there!" The guy in front of me turned around and smiled at me.
 
He had a...special smile. It's shaped like a box, and his orange dyed hair made him look like someone you wouldn't wanna talk to.
 
But he's different.
 
"H-hi..." Why are there so many cute guys in my class?
 
"I'm Kim Taehyung. Nice to meet you, Minnie.” 
 
"M-minnie?!" Who the hell was that?
 
"Yeah. That's his nickname for you. You're lucky though, some of us don't interact with girls much.”
 
I hummed, nodding in response.
 
Wait...some of us?
 
I decided not to ask that and went with the flow.
 
"I think you're creeping her out." Jimin commented.
 
"It's okay. It's nice to meet you too, Tae Tae." I randomly came up with a lame and childish nickname for him, trying to make things up with a smile. 
 
"That's more like it!" He laughed. Okay he liked the nickname.
 
Maybe school isn't that bad after all.
 
"Alright class. Get back to your seat Sooyoung. No, Jackson, stop stop." Another man in his mid thirties walked in, books in hand.
 
"Spit that out of your mouth now.”
 
"But saem~~~" I recognised that voice. It was the guy who said that my voice was...life and stuff, the one who got smacked on the arm.
 
He doesn't look that korean though.
 
"Don't pretend nothing happened. Gosh this class is making me crazy!" The whole class erupted into laughter. 
 
I guess every teacher or staff here is nice. Maybe it wasn't a bad choice to come here.
 
 
 
---
 
 
 
"Argh...this is driving me crazy..." I groaned to myself, scratching my head, face scrunching up.
 
"Seriously Minyeong?" I looked up to see Jimin staring at me like I'm the dumbest person in the world.
 
"What?" I snapped back. For the past hour we turned from strangers to people whom acted like they known each other for years.
 
"You can't do this?”
 
"I…” Crap.
 
"Alright, class dismissed. Remember to submit this assignment tomorrow!" With that, the teacher left.
 
Thank god it saved me from embarrassment. Math wasn't my best subject, it probably hated me as much as I do, which is why we never get in good terms.
 
Jimin moved back to his seat, smirking to himself.
 
"Brat." I whispered.
 
"What did you say? I couldn't hear it." He leaned towards me again, smiling innocently.
 
"Annoying brat." I said and pushed his forehead with my finger and took a look at my timetable.
 
English. 
 
Remind me why I had to take up English AGAIN when I come to this school?
 
Oh right. "It's for your own good Minyeong." "Learning english does no harm anyway" "it helps with your future career, giving you more options" yada yada yada.
 
"Ugh...must we really have english for an hour now?" I mumbled, shaking my head.
 
"Come on, Minnie. English is fun! Well the teacher at least. She makes everything fun and comfortable and exciting for us.” Tae Tae turned around to look at me.
 
"Yeah...hopefully." I rolled my eyes and leaned back to my seat when the door opened once again.
 
 
 
---
 
 
 
"Minyeong. Ah yes my new student! Come in front please!" The teacher said with extreme enthusiasm. 
 
I widened my eyes, and sat there not knowing what to do. 
 
The more I stayed there, the more the number of heads turned around to look at me.
 
"Come on! Don't be shy." She smiled.
 
" my life." I cursed under my breath.
 
I pushed the chair back slowly, trying to make minimal noise before standing up and making my way to the front of the class.
 
"Okay...let me have three more other students. Any volunteers?" Many hands were up, some shaking violently to grab the teacher's attention.
 
"Alright, Jimin and Taehyung come forward." Groans and cheers erupted, but soon became cheers (for god knows what reason) as the two boys walked forward and stood beside me.
 
Only then did I realise Tae was tall. Like tall tall.
 
Jimin seemed like a midget beside him, not that he was short (he looked a few centimetres shorter that's all). Just an impression. 
 
"Saem there's one more student to pick.”
 
"Ah yes..." Hands shot up once again, chattering everywhere.
 
"...Jungkook please come up!" Groans again. 
 
"But saem his hand wasn't up!”
 
"So unfair!”
 
"I only got up once.”
 
"I never went up before!”
 
"Why does he get to go up so many times?!”
 
Wait.
 
Jungkook?
 
"You'll see class." She smirked, and I kinda looked at her for a few more seconds before facing the front again.
 
"Damn we're screwed." Jimin said to Tae and I.
 
"Why?”
 
"Jungkook's good at English.”
 
"Then why did you come up?" I asked, curious.
 
"Yeah Chim, why? I thought you hated coming up. I only volunteered because you did." Tae asked. Now both of our attention was on Jimin, while the class was busy chattering and looking at Jungkook-damn-rude-guy.
 
"I...u-uh just felt like it?" His cheek turned red, he looked down at the floor.
 
"Sure thing Chim." Tae smirked and nudged him on the shoulder.
 
Finally, Jungkook-damn-rude-guy stood up. And like a ing model (how does he even do that?), he walked towards the front and stood on my other side (Tae and Jimin were on my left), but like at least a meter away.
 
Wow. ist.
 
Rude.
 
"Okay class. Today one of my colleagues suggested that I should start having small activities like debates in my class! How does that sound?”
 
Cheers.
 
When can this class ever be quiet??
 
"Okay you four. Split yourselves into two teams." Immediately, Jimin, Tae and I moved together to a side, while Jungkook-damn-rude-guy scoffed and stood at his spot.
 
"Noo...you can't choose your teams. Come on, scissors paper stone and we'll finalise." Sighing, we headed back to Jungkook-damn-rude-guy and we did the simple splitting of teams.
 
I put out scissors, Tae Tae put out scissors, Jimin put out a stone, and Jungkook-damn-rude-guy got paper.
 
Alright, Taehyung and Minyeong in one team. Jimin and Jungkook in the other.” 
 
"YEAH!!!" Tae and I exclaimed, hi-fiving one another.
 
A low "ooh" came from the class and we saw Jimin and Jungkook-damn-rude-guy shooting imaginary lasers at one another from their eyes.
 
One at first might think the class did that because of Tae and me and the girl boy thing but I guess it's not since their attention was directed at the two boys.
 
Strange. I wonder what went on between them.
 
"Okay I assume you guys know what debate is. So we'll start with an easy topic then!” 
 
"Okay I'm gonna include some geography and science into this topic. I'm sure you guys know about the government wanting to build a road that cuts across the Amazon forest? That will be the topic: should the government build the road or not? Taehyung and Minyeong, you will be disagreeing on building the road while Jungkook and Jimin agree on it. Since it might a bit hard, you can speak in Korean this time. Any questions?”
 
Nope.
 
This? Easy.
 
"Okay you guys can start.”
 
"I agree that the government should built a road that cuts across the Amazon forest. By doing that, trucks that need to transport items and have to go around the forest can save fuel and time." Jungkook-damn-rude-guy started.
 
"I disagree. By doing that, we're splitting the forest into half." Tae Tae replied immediately.
 
"So?" Jungkook scoffed, folding his arms.
 
"OHHH DAMNNN!!!" The class cheered.
 
Tae looked damn uncomfortable, I should help him then. No regrets Minyeong...no regrets.
 
"If you didn't notice, many species of animals and plants are going extinct and by building the road, we're harming the peacefulness of the forest and ruining the ecosystem. Plants can't pollinate from across the two PARTED lands and there's a high chance of animals getting knocked down by the vehicles.”
 
"But by building the road, we will have access to the deep forest and discover more species." Jimin added.
 
"And what? Kill them?" Tae said.
 
"But in this world is either you die or I die. If sacrificing a few organisms allow people to survive, it would be worth it." Jungkook-damn-rude-guy is definitely a ruthless . It's getting on my nerves.
 
So I flared up at him.
 
"You got to remember there are tribes and indigenous people living in the forest! We're ruining their homes, and if that isn't enough of an explanation for you, why don't you go kiss your and leave this place?! If travelling for 50+ hours ensures peace for both parties it's good. Aren't we doing enough harm to the earth already?!" I felt tears swarming up in my eye sockets.
 
Damn. Why did I get so emotional at times like this?
 
I sniffed, scrunching up my nose, rubbing my eyes.
 
The whole class was silent.
 
"Damn." I heard someone whisper. 
 
"Alright uh...I think that's enough for today." The teacher commented.
 
 
Riiinggg!!!
 
 
"Just in time then. Alright class remember the words I taught you today and practice them! On Wednesday we're having a quiz!!!"
 
Groan.
 
And with that she left the classroom.
 
Wow. Teachers.
 
And the whole class left in a few seconds, before it was only some of us left.
 
"H-hey Minyeong, are you um okay?" Jimin walked over to me, worried look on his face.
 
I was about to open my mouth when-
 
"Of course she's not! She's cryinggg!!! My poor baby are you okay?" Tae Tae cupped my face with his large hands, looking at me from side to side.
 
"Yah I'm fine. I was just overwhelmed and all." I flashed a smile to show that I was okay.
 
Tae Tae and Jimin heaved a sigh of relief before going out of the class. 
 
"Sorry for not hanging out with you Minyeong!!!"
 
"Yeah Minnie we're really sorry!!!” 
 
"It's okay!" I waved them off.
 
And I was alone.
 
Again.
 
Was I really okay?
 
Yeah I am.
 
It's in the past already. 
 
I'm starting a new life here.
 
Right here.
 
Right now.
 
No one's gonna stop me.
 
No one will get into my way to happiness!
 
I'll become what I really want to be...a teacher!!!
 
"You can do it Minyeong! Hwaiting hwaiting hwaiting!!!" I pumped my fist into the air, jumping and smiling to myself.
 
"Someone's happy." I heard a chuckle and turned around to see a girl with long wavy chestnut hair,  big eyes with pink plump lips.
 
She smiled.
 
"Hey, I'm Jung Whee In. You can call me Whee In." She walked towards me and held out her hand.
 
I took it gratefully.
 
"Hi, I'm Minyeong. It's nice to meet you."
 
"I could say the same damn thing! Friends?”
 
"Friends it is!" We laughed.
 
 
 
---
 
 
 
After having break with Whee In, I found out many things about her.
 
1. She's a lot like me
 
2. She's in the same class as me (Duh Minyeong.)
 
3. She has a crush on a guy whom I forgot the name of again…haish
 
4. She's alone too
 
5. Her two brothers are here too
 
"Wait so you actually told the teacher in front of the whole class?" She tried stifling her laughter with her hand.
 
"Yeah, and I couldn't remember what happened after that but regretting what I done wasn't part of it.”
 
And she started bursting out in laughter, causing some people in the corridor to turn around to look at us.
 
I tried stopping her with my hands but I was also laughing so we fell onto the floor in the end.
 
"Wait did you bring your sports attire to school?" She asked after a few moments of resting.
 
"Yeah I did. I brought it in case I needed it for school. Guess I was right." I panted. 
 
"Let's go change." I nodded and we headed to the lockers.
 
I punched in my locker password and took out my sports attire.
 
It was a white sweat shirt with blue stripes at both sides from below the sleeves to the end of the shirt. With it was a pair of black shorts.
 
We came out of our toilet cubicles later with our attires on and I realised how good it actually looks like on us.
 
"Damn gurl...the curves." She smirked and raised her eyebrows up and down a few times in a erted way.
 
"Yah!" Even though it was in a joking manner, I felt my cheeks flush.
 
 
 
---
 
 
 
"We'll start off by five rounds outside the hall. Go on!”
 
The class of 25 split up into three sections. At the front was Jackson (I learnt his name), Jimin, Tae Tae, Jungkook-damn-rude-guy and two or three more male students in the lead.
 
There was a gap between the front and middle.
 
The middle consisted of some boys, Whee In and I.
 
And at the far back jogging extremely slowly was the rest of the girls and the majority of the guys.
 
I turned around to look at them before rolling my eyes and keeping up with Whee In.
 
We were both running at a comfortable pace, and before we knew it, we were on our last lap, while the front group of people were already at the side watching us. From afar, they looked like they haven't sweated a bit or was panting at all.
 
Woah. Crazy.
 
And of course the last group was trailing behind with 2 and a half rounds left.
 
"You wanna sprint this round?" I asked Whee In.
 
"Together?" I nod. She nodded again and we sprinted our last round (overtaking the last group of people and leaving some startled) and ended up falling to the floor together, laughing tiredly.
 
"What are you guys laughing about?" Jimin and Tae Tae joined us.
 
"Ew okay. I thought you didn't sweat at all but you stink." I scrunched up my nose and dodged away from Jimin, when he placed an arm on my shoulder. 
 
"Do I really stink?" He frowned and ducked his head to smell his shirt.
 
"I'm kidding. You don't stink a bit at all." I giggled.
 
He pushed my forehead and we just talked all the way until everyone was done with running.
 
"Ugh I feel like I'm about to faint." I heard someone complain. 
 
"Same oh my god my life."
 
 
 
---
 
 
 
"Ugh oh my god I'm sooo tired.”
 
"Same girl, same.”
 
I fell to the floor, and lay down, limbs sprawled all over.
 
Whee In sat down beside me.
 
"How was your first P.E. lesson huh?" She smiled, panting while gulping down some water.
 
She passed the bottle to me. "Horrible." I laughed, sitting up and taking the bottle from her hands and immediately the cold water flowed down my throat, refreshing my whole body all of a sudden. 
 
"Come on, stand up.”
 
"I can't. My legs gave up on me." Suddenly, arms s from under my armpits and I got lifted up to my feet.
 
I yelped, turning around to see Jimin smiling at me.
 
And I returned it.
 
"Woah woah woah get a room." Tae Tae said.
 
"Huh? What room? Are we going out somewhere?" I looked left and right, to see the three of them laughing among themselves.
 
"What's wrong?" They continued laughing.
 
"It's nothing.” Whee In said trying to calm down.
 
"Sure...?" I raised an eyebrow and headed back to classroom first.
 
 
I entered the classroom to see no one there except for Jungkook-damn-rude-guy sitting on his seat, head resting on arms again, sleeping.
 
I took my seat beside him, and stared at the white board.
 
Suddenly the door opened and my three friends entered.
 
Jimin was smiling happily at me before his face fell again.
 
"Minyeong-ah, I need help with my English." He walked to his seat, pulling out a navy blue A5 book.
 
"Eh? Okay." I shifted my seat next to his. 
 
 
 
No one's POV:
 
"Someone's jealous." Tae Tae murmured. 
 
"Yep. Who do you ship more?” Whee In smirked.
 
"Good question. I ship-“
 
 A loud BANG was heard and three girls entered the room. The one in the middle looked frustrated, but smiled immediately and rushed onto Jungkook's lap.
 
"Yeobo~~~" She sang.
 
"What do you want?" Jungkook asked, voice softened.
 
"I'm tired...do you want to go out after school?”
 
"No. I'm busy."
 
"Aww okay..." She pouted and gave him a kiss on the cheek before skipping away.
 
Disgusting lovers.
 
Can't they keep their hands to themselves?
 
"Minyeong?”
 
"A-ah yeah. So I was saying, this sentence doesn't sound right, like look at it..."
 
 
 
---
 
 
 
"Oh god look at the time! Bye class!"The whole class erupted in loud chatters in their own groups.
 
Minyeong sighed, before stretching.
 
"Woah, tired already?" Jimin asked, amused.
 
"From the moment I opened my eyes this morning.”
 
"Lazy girl." He pushed her forehead, but she was too lazy to complain, so her head fell backwards and she slumped back on her seat.
 
"Is everyone still here? Good." Mr Jung entered the class.
 
Everyone muttered a "yes" and he smiled, lifting the tiredness everyone carried on their shoulders.
 
"Okay so this Friday...we're HAVING A CLASS CAMP!!!”
 
Everyone (well almost all of them) started screaming and cheering, only for Mr Jung to hush them.
 
"Listen up, so I'm handing out the forms for you guys. And I do hope you all will come because it's class bonding time and get a bit of fun while we're at it."
 
"THANK YOU SAEM!!!”
 
"SARANGHAE~~~”
 
"KANSAHAMNIDA~~~”
 
"Aish...you kids." He laughed, shaking it off with his hand.
 
"I shouldn't hold you back anymore! Come on, get out, get out!" He shooed everyone out of the class.
 
"Hey Minyeong, do you have anything after school?" Jimin asked, walking towards her, bag in one hand over the shoulder.
 
"Umm...nope. Why?" She asked, finished with packing her bag. 
 
"I was thinking you, Tae and I could hang out for a bit-“
 
"Jiminie we have practice today remember?" Tae Tae cut him.
 
"Oh yeah...sorry Minyeong. Maybe next time!" He smiled, before heading out of the classroom with Tae Tae.
 
"Okay...bye!" Minyeong waved at them.
 
Minyeong carried her bag and saw Whee in waiting for her outside the classroom. 
 
"Hey." She smiled.
 
"Minyeong, I'm sorry I can't hang ouy with you after school today…"
 
"Why?”
 
"Umm because...he is going to have practice today and...I wanna watch him?”
 
"He? Who is he?”
 
"OHHH I remember. That guy you like right?" Minyeong remembered all of a sudden.
 
"Shh!!! What if people hear us???" Whee In covered and looked around hastily before letting go.
 
"I don't get it though. Why do you like him?”
 
"Well, he's from student council, and he's very kind and all. He's extremely handsome!!! And he helped me once so…"
 
"Okay okay that's enough. Good luck okay?" Minyeong patted her shoulder.
 
Whee In flashed a bright smile back at her.
 
"Oh wait! I forgot to get your number." Whee In said, pulling her phone out of her shorts (they are still in sports attire).
 
Minyeong took out her phone too, and they exchanged numbers.
 
"Bye!!" Whee In said, heading the opposite direction.
 
"Bye." Minyeong was alone again. 
 
 
 
Minyeong's POV:
 
Maybe I should go to the library for a moment.
 
I walked towards the level right above the nurse's office, remembering Miss Jeon's words.
 
Once I was in front of the area, I turned to the staircase beside it and walked up two levels.
 
Woah.
 
That was all I could think of.
 
The library had a modern/old look to it that I can't describe.
 
Before I knew it, I was opening the heavy doors of the library.
 
With quite a bit of strength.
 
A gush of cold air blew against my whole ing body, making me shiver slightly.
 
I slowly made my way into the library, and was left in awe.
 
The inside was huge. Really big. High ceilings, many wooden shelves filled with books of different sizes, a few tables here and there.
 
Perfect place.
 
I headed to the librarian counter and saw a tall guy sitting behind it. And when I headed closer, he looked up at me.
 
"Oh? This is unexpected." He smiled. 
 
"What do you mean?”
 
"No one ever goes to the library. Well except for one or two students. People start making rumours that there are ghosts in here and all, so everyone avoids it.”
 
"Well, I won't." He smile became brighter.
 
"I'm Lee Minhyuk, 2nd year.” 
 
"Lee Minyeong. 1st year."
 
"Feel free to walk around this magical place kay?" He winked, and I nodded, before walking around.
 
"Wait, Minhyuk-ssi, where's the fiction section?" I felt like reading fiction stories today.
 
"Turn to your right, first to fifth rows are all fiction books.”
 
"Thank you.”
 
"Drop the formalities. Call me Minhyuk-oppa.”
 
"Oh okay. Thanks Minhyuk-oppa." I walked into the first row of fiction books. Then I realised how tall the top shelf was.
 
It was probably 2.5 times taller than me or something. 
 
Insane.
 
After finding for quite awhile, I got a zombie book and looked around for a quiet spot I could be at.
 
Actually. It's pin drop silence so yeah.
 
Peace.
 
I saw a figure slumped against the wall, and I walked towards it.
 
It's a guy.
 
His knees were brought up to his chest, and he looks like he is…crying?
 
Not that I have x-ray eyes. His body keeps jerking up and down inconsistently and I could hear the breathing noises and occasion high pitch squeaks from breathing in (A/N: it happens when I cry sometimes).
 
Not sure what to do, I just sat beside him. And I just read my book.
 
 
 
No one's POV:
 
After half an hour, the guy stopped crying. He notices the girl reading the book in complete focus beside him.
 
And he recognised her.
 
"Why are you here?" He stared at her as coldly as he could. She must be one of the fangirls trying to be close to him. From the moment he started going to school this morning.
 
She turned around, and eyes widened when she recognised him.
 
Jungkook-damn-rude-guy. 
 
But she didn't back away.
 
"Well you were crying and all. I couldn't leave you here alone, but I don't know how to confront you. It's probably hard for you to tell a stranger your problems, so I just sat beside you.”
 
"I wasn't crying.”
 
"Well your eyes are lying." She took out a packet of tissue from her pocket (surprisingly it's there) and handed it to him.
 
Maybe...she isn't one of the fangirls.
 
She's new right? 
 
"..." Jungkook took the tissue and wiped his tears and mucus.
 
"So are you here just to get in my pants?" He said, leaning closer to her.
 
She noticed it, and leaned back a bit.
 
So he leaned closer, and she backed further, until she almost hit the floor, but he held her in his arms.
 
"N-no...I wanted to be...friends.”
 
"With me?" Jungkook was surprised.
 
"Is there a problem with that?" She challenged.
 
"What if I don't want to be your friend?”
 
"Then I'll try my best to be your friend. You're always separated from the class. Like you're in another world or something.”
 
He let go of her.
 
"I hate socialising.”
 
"You don't have friends?”
 
"I have friends.”
 
"They're all guys right?" He nodded. 
 
"Then I'll be your first girl friend!" She smiled, before realising what she said.
 
"N-no I meant, I meant…"
 
"You wanna be my girlfriend huh?”
 
"No! I know you have a girlfriend already, what's her name? Oh yeah Seulgi! I meant your first female friend. Unless you treat Seulgi as a female friend too then it's okay…"
 
Jungkook frowned.
 
"Did I say...something wrong?" She asked, timidly.
 
"Don't tell anyone about what you saw today." He threatened, voice going low.
 
180° change of attitude.
 
"W-what?”
 
"Tell anyone and...we won't be friends." He snarled, before looking at the time and leaving.
 
"Woah...scary." Minyeong sighed, hand over her chest.
 
 
 
---
 
 
 
"Bye Minhyuk-oppa!!!" She waved, as she walked towards the doors.
 
"Bye Minyeong! Hope we'll see each other soon!”
 
Minyeong carried her bag and started walking home.
 
She had sharp eyes so she remembered the way home. 
 
"Eomma I'm home." She called, taking off her shoes.
 
"Oh you're back? Come help me!" Her mother came out of the kitchen full of sweat, in an apron.
 
"Okay." She put down her bag and walked into the kitchen.
 
"What do you need help with?”
 
"I need you to help with frying eggs with onion please. I'm handling the chicken.”
 
"Sure thing." She put on her own apron (light pastel blue with white dots on it).
 
"So how was school?”
 
"I forgot the way to school Eomma!! But thankfully I followed this really rude guy to school. Apparently he's in the same class as me!!! His name is Jeon Jungkook, but I know him as Jungkook-damn-rude-guy. Halfway to school he got angry and thought I was following him like a fangirl or something and ran off. And I fell down but this really kind guy saved me, his name is Park Jimin. Basically Jimin and his best friend, Taehyung, I call him Tae Tae also attend the same class as me so it's good. And I made a female best friend. Her name is Jung Whee In. Her two brothers are in this school too! And I went to the library after school, there was no one except the librarian Minhyuk-oppa, Jungkook-damn-rude-guy and me! And guess what? Jungkook-damn-rude-guy was crying for god's sake! And we talked for a few minutes before he got angry and threatened me not to tell anyone or he wouldn't be my friend.”
 
"OH I JUST TOLD YOU! Well Eomma I trust you not to leak a word of this okay?”
 
"Minyeong your language!!!"
 
"Anyway I guess maybe Jungkook is shy so give him some time or so. Well are your eggs ready?”
 
"Yep. Can you hand me a plate?" Her mother handed her a plate.
 
Minyeong scooped up the fried eggs and placed it on the plate, before heading to the dining table and placing it down.
 
"Eomma! Why is there so much food today?”
 
"Did you forget? We're having our neighbours over for dinner!”
 
Oh right. Neighbours.
 
 
 
---
 
 
 
"Minyeong get changed now!!!”
 
"Okay!!!" Minyeong scurried upstairs and put on a pair of black skinny jeans and a tank top. She let down her hair and arranged it.
 
"Perfect." She smiled at her own self in front of the mirror.
 
While she headed downstairs, the doorbell rang.
 
"Welcome! Oh my gosh is that your son? He looks very handsome indeed!”
 
"Thank you Seomi. Thanks for having us tonight.”
 
"It's not a problem!" Minyeong reached the bottom of the stairs to see her mum talking to three figures.
 
Neighbours.
 
Her mum turned around to see her standing there awkwardly.
 
"This is my daughter, Minyeong. Minyeong these are our neighbours. Their son attends your school too.”
 
Her mum stepped aside, and left Minyeong there dumbfounded.
 
She forgot something extremely important.
 
When she left home this morning, she followed Jungkook-damn-rude-guy to school.
 
And...he was her next door neighbour. 
 
"Jungkook?!" She exclaimed, shocked.
 
 
 
No one's POV:
 
Dressed in a black hoodie with rolled up sleeves, "school ruined my life" printed on a red square in the middle of the hoodie, with ripped jeans, adding on a black beanie (jesus so much black), was none other than Jeon Jungkook.
 
"Jungkook?!”
 
Wait. I just realised…
 
Oh yeah...I remembered.
 
Jungkook was my next door neighbour. How could I forget?
 
"Please make yourself at home." Eomma smiled and headed into the kitchen. Jungkook's parents followed after her, passing by Minyeong so she got a clear view of their faces.
 
"Miss Jeon?”
 
"Hey Minyeong. You must be surprised that I'm Jungkook's mother right?" She nodded a few times.
 
She laughed.
 
"Please don't tell anyone else. He throws baby tantrums when we do that. And also, if he's rude to you, tell me." She whispered, winking at Minyeong, before leaving.
 
But he's already mean.
 
Ugh.
 
Minyeong headed to the couch, to see Jungkook plopped down, occupying the whole couch by resting his legs on it too, watching the television she was watching before she went to change. 
 
"Move." Minyeong grumbled.
 
He looked up at her and smiled.
 
"Why should I?" He asked innocently. 
 
"Because I said so." She crossed her arms.
 
"But you said make myself at home.”
 
"That was my Eomma. I didn't say that. So move.”
 
"How bout you make me move?" Jungkook challenged.
 
This brat! 
 
Minyeong walked towards him and pushed his legs off with much force, before sitting beside him, crossing her one leg over another.
 
"So your name's Minyeong? Nice name." He shifted closer to her.
 
"Yah yah yah watch your space. And excuse me, mister. I already introduced myself in front of the whole class this morning. Don't tell me you didn't pay attention?”
 
"Nope.”
 
"Argh...why are you so annoying?!" Minyeong groaned, face palming myself.
 
"Well someone said she wanted to be friends with me.”
 
"Can I take back my words now?”
 
"Nope. You're too interesting that I want to be your friend now." He grinned, revealing a bunny smile. 
 
If he wasn't that annoying I would've called him cute.
 
"More like annoying me.” 
 
"I'll make sure you take back ypur words then.”
 
"Try hard then." She rolled her eyes and left the couch.
 
"Eomma are we starting soon?" Minyeong whispered to her mother in the kitchen.
 
"We're just waiting for one more family.”
 
"Oh...okay.”
 
Great.
 
More neighbours.
 
Minyeong sighed, heading back to the couch, and slumped down there, head rested on the top of the couch closing her eyes.
 
"Back to see me?" Her eyes shot opened.
 
"What are you doing here?!" Minyeong screamed-whispered at Jungkook.
 
"Do you have short term memory? I was here all the while.”
 
"Oh wait. I forgot that you guys were here.”
 
Jungkook chuckled at her.
 
Chuckle.
 
"What's so funny?" Minyeong frowned.
 
"Your face." He laughed harder this time.
 
"What's wrong with it?”
 
"Nothing." Jungkook smiled.
 
Cute. He thought.
 
"Sure thing." She didn't believe him.
 
 
Ding Dong!
 
 
"I'll get it!" Minyeong shouted for her mother to hear.
 
"Oh? There are more people coming?" Jungkook asked.
 
"Unfortunately." Minyeong sighed, before going to open the door.
 
"Hey." Jimin smiled at her.
 
"Jimin?!”
 
"Oh you're here too! Welcome!" Minyeong's Eomma came to the door, welcoming Jimin and his parents inside.
 
"Wait Jimin you didn't tell me we're neighbours!" She held his wrist.
 
"Well you didn't ask." He laughed.
 
She shook her head on disbelief.
 
She led Jimin to the couch and she settled herself beside Jungkook, making space for Jimin.
 
Jimin noticed someone next to Minyeong and when he saw who it was...he froze.
 
Jungkook looked up to see Jimin looking back at him, before frowning slightly and looking away.
 
Jimin and Jungkook lived beside Minyeong's house, so it wasn't a surprise that they saw each other here, but still shocked.
 
Minyeong seemed to notice the tension between them and broke the silence.
 
"I guess we could eat soon. Do you want any drinks? We have coke, pepsi-“
 
"Wait you have coke AND pepsi?" Jungkook asked.
 
"Yeah what's wrong with that?”
 
"You're supposed to side with one only." Jimin said.
 
"I like both.”
 
"No way." Jungkook said.
 
"Hell no." Jimin said at the same time.
 
"Well I don't really care what you think because I drink one when I feel like it.”
 
"Then what if you had to choose one?"
 
"Like only one, and no other one.”
 
"I won't choose either of them then. I'll stick to good old starbucks." To be honest, Minyeong couldn't choose. But she loved starbucks.
 
Leaving Jimin and Jungkook dumbfounded in their own seats. She stood up and left.
 
"Minyeong-ah, call your friends over. We're going to eat.”
 
"Ne." She turned back again and lazily called out for them.
 
"Yah Park Jimin, Jeon Jungkook, come over now." She waited.
 
Moments later, Jungkook and Jimin were following her to the dining table, where the adults were sitting at.
 
The table had ten chairs (it was big because they were rich), two rows of four and one at each end. And Jungkook and Jimin's mothers sat beside one another on one side, while the fathers sat opppsite them, with Minyeong's Eomma at the end. Immediately Jungkook took the seat beside his mother, and Jimin took the seat opposite him. 
 
Which leaves Minyeong two options.
 
1. Sit beside Jungkook
 
2. Sit beside Jimin
 
The two said males looked at her expectantly, not before taking a glance at one another.
 
Minyeong sighed, before taking the seat beside...













 

-----
A/N: Hey you that's reading this!!! Please don't don't don't be a silent reader, leave comments okay? This is my first time writing an oc and idol fan fiction so I'm really really nervous. Thanksss ♡♡♡ and vote!!