The Sound of Drums

Jumanji: It’s Not Just A Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I have an idea for a new story, but I need some help. Look here to find out more: http://www.asianfanfics.com/blog/view/1162620

________________________________________________________________

 

Boa sat at the bar nursing a beer, it was the official start of her vacation and she couldn’t think of a single thing to do. She was so used to her busy and hectic work schedule that the idea of having nothing to do was daunting. It would figure that when she finally had free time that all of her friends and family were busy.

Sighing, Boa got up to pay for her barely touched beer because it was too depressing to drink alone when someone tapped on her shoulder. Turning, she expects to see a fan wanting an autograph or photo, so she slaps on a halfhearted smile. The smile quickly turning genuine once she who it really is.

Standing there, offering smiles of their own are Ricky and Zuno. Ricky wastes no time giving her a hug while saying, “I knew it was you.”

Boa returns the hug happily, doing the same with Zuno, happy to see some familiar faces. “What are you guys doing here?”

“Swapping bother stories,” Zuno explains. “Care to join us?”

“Sure,” she says grateful for the company. “What kind of brother stories?”

“Walk in stories,” Ricky says with a laugh, “it’s a miracle our brothers ever get any work done as often as they go at it.”

It was no secret that Xia and Micky were dating, the two of them had been completely up front about it from the beginning.

“Wait,” she asks laughing, “are you saying that you two have actually walked in on them together? You poor things.”

“Well we both have keys to our brothers’ places,” Zuno explains with a shrug, “it was only a matter of time.”

“Plus, you get used to it after the third or fourth time,” laughs Ricky.

Boa shakes her head at this, “Speak for yourself, once was more than enough for me.”

They both stare at her in disbelief for a moment before Ricky manages to recover first and ask, “When was this?”

“Couple of years ago,” she explains, “back when they and Hero still lived together. Anyway, he and I were hanging out and he invited me over for drinks. We walked in on them in the living room and I swear poor Hero turned completely red. I’m pretty sure I did too, but Hero really freaked. I couldn’t look at either one of them for weeks and Hero got his own place about a month after that.”

“Well, that explains why he never lets them stay over at his place at the same time,” Zuno says unable to suppress his laughter.

Ricky was laughing so hard he was doubled over and clutching at his sides while gasping out something that sounded like, “poor Hero hyung.”

 

Twenty minutes later Ricky gets a text that has him instantly grinning and immediately replying.

“Who was that,” Boa asks once Ricky puts his phone away.

“Gummy,” he says, “she just got off work and I told her she should come and join us.”

“Oh…” she says while sharing a knowing look with Zuno. “So how long have you two been dating?”

“What,” asks Ricky choking on his drink. After a brief coughing fit, he shakes his head, “We’re not dating. We’re just friends.”

“Oh please,” she says rolling her eyes at that statement. “You’re totally crushing on her.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” he denies even as a blush spreads across his face.

“Whatever,” Zuno says teasingly, “you’re blushing. Plus, your face lit up when she texted you. It’s so obvious a blind man couldn’t miss it. You’re a terrible liar considering you’re an actor.”

 

Gummy arrived ten minutes later and briefly looks around the crowded bar before finally spotting Ricky and two others, one of whom she recognizes as Boa Kwon, while the other had his back to her. Boa notices her first and nudges Ricky’s arm before motioning to her while getting up and switching to the other side of the booth. Ricky looks up wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter