365 days.

Ambivalence

Hshsjsjs

Warnig: It's heartbreaking.
______________________________________________________________________________________________
You give the bus ticket to the man and get in. All the way to Busan you’re heading. You have a feeling that he’ll always be there when this day come. Your 1st year anniversary. From your 100th day, you never see him again. Though he left without any word or goodbyes. You’re sure he won’t break his promise. That day 24th January 2015, you hoped it will never happened. If you know what will happen, you’ll never agreed to go there.

 

 

“Just pack ok? We’ll drive home tomorrow!” your sweet as always boyfriend: Jaebum cooed. “ Even so! Why Busan? I told you I want to go to Namsan tower again” you pouted. He smiled “Look, ~~~” cupped your face “I know you really like to go to Namsan tower but.. now is my turn to choose. Don’t worry, I promise its be the best day of your life!” he assured. “Cross your heart!” you demanded, he chuckled and did.
You wooed as you two stand before Dawn Beach Hotel. “ We’re gonna' stay here?” you asked. “Yes”. You shook your head and make your way to the opposite direction. ‘Where are you going?” Jaebum asked as he run to you. You turned back to faced him and sighed “ I know this place is really expensive” you look him in the eye “ Lets go find a motel”. He chuckled and shook his head “Why do I always need to persuade you today?” he mumbled before placing his bags on the ground. He cupped your face “Its our 100th day and want it to be special. I already booked a room and its from my earnings you know. I just want to make you happy and if you don’t like being here, i understand.” He stated. You were so touched by his words, he doesn’t really a romantic man. “You’re touch?” he asked and you nodded. “Then, should we check out our room?”.

 

 

“Has someone already got this seat?” you heard an old man voice. You quickly pulled out your earphone and faced him. He was that ajusshi. “No, ajushi. Please sit down” you invited. He smiled and sit beside you. “I guess I’ve seen you before”. You smiled “De! I’m the girl with my boyfriend in the sea” you informed. “Oh..! I remember! How are you?” he asked. “I’m doing great! What about you? Are you heading to Busan too?”
“Yes, as always. You know, when it comes to love, sometimes even when I don’t have time I just want to go ther before 25th day of the month.” He said and smiled, a very sad smile though.

“Lets go to the beach!” you suggested. “Of course why do you think we’re here”.
You two strolled around the beach hand in hand. Sometimes you played with the wave and suddenly slipped. You are really not fresh already but who cares. As long as Jaebum doesn’t complain. “Wanna swim?” he asked, you shook your head. “Its getting late and I don’t want to catch cold.” You replied. “Come’n” he pulled you toward the sea “Its winter!” you yelled. “Who cares? We still have each other!” he keeps on pulling you inside water. The water chills, it was damn cold as ice! “Oh my.. bad idea bad idea” he started to go back and suddenly slips. You laughed you heart out while he tried hard to get up. He reached your hand and pulled you down too. “Jaebum!” you glared at him. “Ok ok.. I get it” he quickly gets up and offered you his hand. You both ran out of the water and saw an old man with a blanket. He was smiling to you two and came closer. “Oh, anneonghaseyo ajushhi” Jaebum greeted before you. He smiled “Having the best moments in your life?” he asked and you both blushed. “Here take this” he offered you the blankets. “No we’re fine!” “Anni anii.. just take it. I love couples who came here. Haha it reminds me of my younger day with my wife” he said. Jaebum took the blanket, you both bowed and thanked him “I would want to see you next time again okay? HAHA” “Of course! We’ll be coming here again for sure!” you cooed. He happily clapped/ “We’ll be get going ajusshi! Thank you for this blanket” Jaebum stated and you both leave. He warped the blanket around you two and walk to anywhere you feets leads you.

 


. “I understand. How long have it been?” you questioned him and his smiled faded. “Oh.. I’m sorry. If its make you feel uncomfortable” you apologized. “No its okay. You’re quiet capable with relationships” he complicated “Its already been 7th years? Yeah about that. We used to celebrated her birthday there, every birthday, till we were an old couple. Those memories.” His voice cracked a bit. Your eyes are bolted red. “When you lovers leave you the most painful part is not that… they are not with you anymore. Its just… its just that they don’t say goodbye.” He uttered. “And you know you’ll never meet them again” your voice cracked.

 


You returned to the hotel. Drenched and wet! The blanket, haha don’t mention. Because of the drenched clothes it too all wet. “Go take a shower. I’ll order dinner” he informed. You noded and made your way to shower. You smiled when the warm water touched your soft skin. “What a great day!” you smiled happily.
“Where are the foods though?” you awkwardly stand behind Jaebum who sits on the bed.He turned to you completely shocked “I totally forgot it! Wait let me make a call” he quickly dialed a number. You shook your head at his silliness. He took 5mins for bathing, FIVE! Your jaw drps when he came out. “What?” he asked. “Are you really clean?” he threw the towel he used it to dry his hair. “Sure I am!” he hissed.
You now cuddled in the couched and watched the view through you big glass window. “ I really have fun today” he smiled “I’m really happy! Let’s come here again in our 1st year” you suggested. He smiled brightly and look intently to your eyes. “Yes lets do.” “Promise?” He crossed his heart “Promised”. You both look at the stars, so many stars to see. A clear winter night, The bright moon and the cool breezes. “Happy 100th day, ~~~.” “Happy 100th day, Jaebum” He held your waist and genly turned you to him. “Even though we’re only been together for three months and we known each other for only 1 year and 3 months. I really really loves you and will always do. I wished we would spent our 200th day, 400th, 500th day or a millions. We would watched our kid grow and play with them” “Two daughters and one boy” “ A very handsome one” You smiled, “ I love you Jaebum” “I love you more” he the leaned closer and kissed you tenderly.

“I need to keep my bags in the hotel first” the ajusshi said. “Okay.. I want to go to the beach first actually. So I may leave. Anneonghaseyo~” you bowed. “I’ll be there soon too. See you later my dear”.
You keep on going to the exact same places you go with Jaebum. You smile remembering all the memories that left here. The cool breezes that blew. You inhaled deeply and sit on the sand. The sun sets reflects the blue sky into an orange colour. You feel really empty “You selfish bastard” you mumbled. Tears rolled down your eyes.


Your stomach growled. “Feeling hungry?” You nodded “What happened to our food?” you wondered. He chuckled “let me asked” he released his hands. “Uh.. The food we ordered i- huh? You should have told us before ok ok. But you have to serve us right tomoroow de!” he hung up. “What is it?” you asked he chuckled before sighing. “ I don’t understand either. Its strange they can’t serve us tonight.” You stomach growled again you groaned. “I’ll go get junk foods on the roadside atleast” “I’ll come with you” you picked your jumper. “Anni! You must be tired so rest. I won’t take long. Just across the street” . He pecked your cheeks “I’ll be back!” he opened the door and left. You look out the window to cath a sight of him. You saw him standing by the roadside a minute later, he looks up seems to see you. He waved and so you did. He began to cross the road, you see the big truck ran on his way. “Yah!! Jaebum!!” you screamed. He looked up and he look where you pointed. BUSH!!!!!! Your eyes are all covered with tears, you quickly run out the room.
“Yah.. Jaebum.. wake up! Are you alright? Answer me!” you shook his body “Call the ambulance you people!!!” you furiously yelled. He choked out blood he opened his eyes. “Everything will be alright hmm?” you held his hand. He sheepishly smiled at you and closed his eyes, to never open them again.



“I’m sure he didn’t want to see you crying” the old ajusshi spoke out of nowhere. You can’t help though and just keep on crying. He took a seat beside you. “He doesn’t even here. At least to do what he promised!” you complained. He smiled “ Actually he is here” you stopped crying, confusedly look at him. “In your heart” he pointed “He was always there. Everyday, just try to feel him. Close you eyes, feel the breeze.” he then leave you alone.
You chuckled lightly not even believed what that old ajushi said.

 

You still does close your eyes,after sometime, just close it. You suddenly felt something as the wind blows. You opened your eyes and look around, you touched your lips. “Do I really feel that?”. You smiled, the brightest yet in the year. "I love you too" you whispered.

The loneliness left you. Your grief, thought it is still alive deep inside you know that Jaebum wants the best of you. You are happy with the time you spend with him. Those days of making loves, those happy moments. "Thank you. For giving me the best days of my life.".

Sometimes i wonder why i wake up from bed at all. Just feel that emptiness beside me which was once warm and occupied. However, reminiscing those days, the picture of you on my wall , it just assured me and made my day. Wait for me in the afterlife.

_________________________________________