We've got a new spawn of a god guys

I'm a spawn of an egoistic god, I hope you don't mind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Momo vividly remembers the day when she first entered the camp. She was a little girl that had just finish mourning for the death of her mother and was standing aimlessly on the streets. Momo remembers being suddenly dragged away by someone that ran funnily, and for no particular reason, Momo remembers running along with that stranger as he grasps her tiny 13-year-old hand. Little did she know, she would be spending the better part of the night that day running, running with no destination in mind but instead running away from this foul looking monster. Momo remembers running up this gigantic hill before throwing herself across a pine tree as many onlookers looked on. She couldn’t remember what she did in particular but she most probably gave them a stoic look as they stared down on her, but she was void of any emotions, she just too god damn tired from everything that just happened and she wanted to sleep. But apparently her father had thought otherwise, and she started glowing, bright yellow in the middle of the goddamn mother ing night with a sign of a wolf and swan intwined floating gently above her head. She probably should have had fainted from the overwhelming amount of events that just occurred, but she faintly remembers her mum telling her that a Hirai should never be weak, and so Hirai Momo willed herself to not reveal the turmoil of emotions within her as she was revealed to be a demi-god, at least long enough before she gave in and crashed onto a bunk bed.

 

Funny how 4 years later, Momo now stands at the very pine tree that once held the body of Thalia Grace, inching a little further than she should, waiting for her favourite satyr, Rohan, to return from his 3 weeks recruitment trip, the very same satyr that brought her home to Camp Half-Blood. Impatiently kicking the stones on the ground, Momo thinks about the sparring session she has in an hour’s time, and is it bad that she can already imagine her body being slammed on the mat repeatedly by Kei? But can anyone blame her, it isn’t her fault that she’s the Daughter of Apollo, where her forte definitely lies in archery and healing, the best actually. But damn she’ll be a shame to her Apollo cabin as they are about to witness their head counsellor surrender to a puny sized girl. Or maybe not, it doesn’t hurt to be hopeful right?

 

But who the cares about being hopeful cause Momo sees this goat like figure running towards her, in hand holding a girl, a red-headed girl that seems similar to her age. They seem breathless, and Momo didn’t need to ask why as she sees another figure approaching them, looking terribly similar to the monster that chased her up the hill.

 

‘ing Manticore, don’t they have better things to do’ Momo mutters under her breathe, drawing an arrow and bow from her carrier. Archery is her thing, and she couldn’t be prouder when her arrow flew and hit the eye of the Manticore. Howling in pain, the Manticore stumbled backwards, buying Rohan and the girl some time, but Momo knows from experience that time will never be enough, especially when that damn Manticore has those damn bloody tails that could throw poison spikes out. Drawing another arrow and putting it through the other eye of the Manticore was all it took for him to disintegrate into dust. Winking at Rohan as he continue trudging up the pine tree with the girl, Momo knew she was probably breaking a thousand and one rules as she ventured out further towards them and her arrows, but those arrows and her bow were given by her father when she was appointed head counsellor, and they’re hand-crafted by Hephaestus, Momo isn’t ready to waste them over a mere Manticore even if it meant putting herself in mortal danger. Besides, getting killed with her bow and arrows doesn’t sound that bad compared to being plummeted into a mat. Fortunately for Momo and her stupidity, no other monsters showed up and she was fast enough as she ran up to catch up with Rohan and the other girl before crossing the pine tree.

‘Finally back my good old Rohan!’ Momo said as she slaps him on the back, a cursory greeting Momo reserves for Rohan and Rohan only.

‘ing Hirai Momo, that actually hurts’ Rohan winces and glares at Momo, not before giving her a punch in the arm. ‘Anyways, can you help treat Mina’s arm, this trip was brutal’ For the first time, Momo gave Mina a thorough look down, and at the first glance, a long bloody gash down her left arm can be seen.

How the bloody mother er did she not sees that.

Technically if Rohan followed the protocol, Mina should be brought to the Big House where all the newcomers would have to first go to. But looking at the state the now pale girl was in, protocols can wait. Grabbing a small piece of ambrosia from her carrier, Momo gave it to the shivering girl who accepted it skeptically.

‘It’s ambrosia, give it a bite and you’ll feel a lot better. Really defeats the purpose for a healer like me sometimes but it makes my life a lot easier’ Momo nodded as she tried to encourage Mina to eat it. Momo seemed to be successful as Mina tentatively used her unharmed arm to put the ambrosia into . Within a few seconds, Mina was visibly less shaken and more relaxed, god’s work always works.

‘Hey Rohan, I’ll take it from here yeah? This trip looked rough, take a rest alright? I’ll bring her to the Big House first, come in in about an hour time to hand in the report, I’ll talk to Mr. D. in the meantime,’ Accepting the thanks that R

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter