The Melody of.....Pocky? (JaeminxJeno)

NCT Request Shop~

Check out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDYEyPwEQtg at the end of the fic! The song matches the couple well <3

 

Jaemin kept his eyes on the clock above the classroom door. It moved too slow for his liking, the hands reading only 2:30, when school didn't let out until four. He released a long sigh that turned some heads towards him, not caring much for the teacher's drowned out lecture of dead kings and emperors.

"They're rotting in their tombs and aren't even alive anymore. Why do we have to memorize these useless facts?' Jaemin blew a quiet raspberry in annoyance.

 "Mr. Park, would you like to come up here and teach the class about the First Great Emperor if you have enough time for distractions?" The substitute lowered his thick, outdated glasses in order to peer at a red Jaemin. Okay maybe that rasberry wasn't as quiet as he had thought. An abrupt announcement over the P.A. had come to life saving him from having to make up a bad excuse for the teacher.

"All students and teachers, this is a reminder that today school closes at 2:45 due to bad weather, thank you and sorry for any inconveniences" Jaemin's face lit up in delight. He had possibly forgotten to read the student bulletin in the morning for updated news. Okay, he had totally forgotten to but it ended up with a pleasant surprise. The teacher had reluctantly ended his lesson and told the class to clean up as the end of the school day was merely minutes away. The sound of the bell announcing that school was over had Jaemin bouncing in excitement thinking of all the extra hours he could spend on the computer playing League. At the mention of League he had thought of his video game buddy who had also happened to be his best friend and casual crush. Well, casual in the sense that he only spends entire days thinking of him and misses him even though during school they are only at ten minutes walking distance apart. Yup, casual.

 Jeno was Jaemin's best friend who was a year older than him. In reality Jeno was only four months older but Jaemin's birthday was during the summer meaning that he could either be the eldest in his grade or be the youngest in Jeno's. Jaemin quickly shoved his books into his backpack and sprinted out the door nearly getting trampled by the hoards of people in the halls. He figured that he could walk to the building where the seniors were in seven minutes and could spare another five in order to buy a few snacks from a nearby convenience store to surprise his best friend with junk food. Jaemin's pace and heart beat quickened at the thought of seeing Jeno and made it to the store in a record time of two minutes.

Filling his hands with Pocky, bread, and drinks he then quickly payed for the food and half-ran half-walked to the senior building. The boy knew exactly where he could find Jeno so he made his way to the music room. Soft and delicate sounds of piano keys filled the room with a sweet melody made by long, pale fingers. The light song was the first thing that Jaemin had heard as he was standing at the entrance of the band room. In the middle of an auditorium-like room proudly  stood a large, black piano that every pianist's dreams were made out of. And the person playing the piano was what Jaemin's dreams were made out of. Jeno, a bit taller than Jaemin was perched on top of the stool next to the instrument, had his eyes closed as he swayed with the music while his auburn blond dyed hair framed his face nicely and accentuated his jaw. Oh lord, don't let Jaemin get started on his jaw, in short, Jeno looked like perfection. As the song took it's shakes and turns the sound made Jaemin's heart beat even faster than before, while he took in the love song that his crush was playing right in front of him. Jaemin didn't let his eyes off of Jeno until the very last note was hit and resonated throughout the mini concert hall.

 "That was awesome! Encore, encore!" Jaemin loudly clapped after the song ended. Jeno smiled, scrunching his eyes until they were no longer visible in what Jaemin could have only described as cute and beckoned for the intruder to sit on the piano bench beside him.

"So how about that encore?" Jaemin teased Jeno.

"Ah not right now, I need inspiration first." Jeno threw a sheepish smile towards Jaemin which the younger didn't notice.

"Will Pocky and bread do?" The later asked as he raised his eyes to meet Jeno's with.

 "I actually had something else in mind. If you don't mind" Jeno threw in the last sentence quickly while peering softly at Jaemin.

"You , I spent $8 on all of this! It would be a waste if we didn't eat it." Jaemin pouted while Jeno died on the inside by how absolutely adorable the boy looked with his large eyes and puffed up cheeks.

"I didn't say we wouldn't eat it Minnie, you need to listen first" The elder casually used the pet name hoping that Jaemin wouldn't mind. "Come closer and bring the Pocky" Jeno instructed as he watched Jaemin take out the strawberry flavored snack and scoot until both of their thighs were side by side. The warmth from the pianist seeped to Jaemin as he blushed madly; thanking his lucky stars that it was only the ears that seemed to be ablaze and not his face ... yet. "Closer" Jeno said again while the former just stared at him in bewilderment.

"Closer?" Jaemin squeaked. "That would be me sitting on your lap, you can't be serious." He let out an awkward chuckle. Jeno merely raised his eyebrow at him with a look of impatience. Jaemin was now currently rivaling a tomato on both his ears and cheeks. He gingerly rose and sat again, but this time on Jeno's lap with his front to the piano and his back to Jeno's torso. Jeno hoped that Jaemin could hear his heartbeat as it was as loud as drums. Sadly, the brunette didn't seem to notice and tried to preoccupy himself with the Pocky box.

 "Turn around and face me." He enjoyed the surprised and simply dumbfounded expressions that Jaemin made as he tried to talk but had only succeeded in opening then shutting his mouth like a fish. But even with the gestures; Jaemin had still obediently turned around and faced Jeno with his legs draped around him. The brunette was trying to hide his face with the Pocky box.

"Lets play a game. Do you know the Pocky game?" Jaemin's eyes widened in realization and of possible, his cheeks had started to burn even hotter. "No? Maybe I should explain?" Jeno had a forming smirk. Jaemin looked as if he was on the verge of having a heart attack as he mumbled a few words.

“What was that, Minnie? I can’t hear anything: you have to speak louder for me to hear you.” Jeno teased some more.

“Y-you have to get the Pocky stick as short as you can, the first person to chicken out loses.” Jaemin managed to choke out, stuttering on a few words. Usually, he was quite collected and joked around with Jeno while calling his best friend names. Jeno and Jaemin were the typical high school best friends that over the past year had collected quite an amount of romantic tension. They had never before officially declared their feelings for each other but have frequently had moments with each other that only couples would. Jeno silently fumbled with the Pocky container and put an end of the cookie to his mouth; offering Jaemin the other half. The red Jaemin took a swift nibble of the cookie flushing at the thought that the action seemed too compliant. Jeno cupped Jaemin’s face with his hands as he started to go down the cookie and closer to the younger’s face. With every centimetre that had disappeared between them; their heart beats grew louder and more synchronised until finally there were only two centimetres worth of Pocky separating their lips. Just as the length shortened down to only one centimetre, Jaemin escaped Jeno’s grip on his cheeks and separated their faces from each other.

Jeno didn’t even have time to be confused as Jaemin quickly pulled Jeno into hug while burying his face into the auburn’s nook and encircling his arms around Jeno’s sides where he could hear how in synch their hearts were with each others. Jeno understood that his little Minnie was a tad embarrassed and chuckled at the cuteness of it. They stayed in each other’s arms for a couple more minutes enjoying the warmth and closeness until Jeno tapped on a piano key. Another light, sweet melody surrounded the two while Jaemin smiled.

He recognized the song: Man In Love.

 

 

A/N: OHMYYYY CUTEEEE JUST IMAGINE ASDDFGH;JK; Okay so anyways: I am not very good at writing fluff so I hope this hadn’t disappointed! I suggest checking out the song Man In Love by Infinite I just love the piano version so much!