—fin.

upside down
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Something is wrong with him. Ten is so sure of that.

 

It’s been weeks ever since he noticed that he wasn’t acting like his usual self. And the cause of it? Well it’s none other than, Lee Taeyong. His freaking rival when it comes to his passion.

 

These past few days, he noticed that whenever he sees him around, he finds himself constantly staring at the boy and tracing his delicate lines which he doesn’t normally do because of his envy, jealousy, and hatred towards him.

 

“Why am I feeling like this huh?” Ten groaned and pulled his hairs out of frustration. “I wish I could get hit by a lightning right now!”

 

Then he heard someone bursting out of laughter, as if he did everything to suppress it. “What’s wrong lover boy? Troubled with your confused feelings?” It turns out that it’s his best friend, Doyoung.

 

“Shut up, Doyoung!” Ten hissed and rolled his eyes. What kind of a best friend is he huh? Can’t the boy see that he’s already frustrated and he needs a best friend’s comfort?!

 

Doyoung stifled a laugh again and tapped the Thai boy’s shoulder. “If I we’re you, I’d rather acknowledge my feelings than deny it all over again.”

 

Ten rolled his eyes. “There’s nothing to acknowledge, Doyoung! So better shut up and comfort me please! That’s what best friends are for!” He whined before banging his head on the table.

 

“Oh really? A best friend advice, you’ll feel better once you accept everything and listen to your heart. Speaking of, here comes your Lee Taeyong.” He cooed, a hint of teasing is visible in his tone.

 

As if it’s a magic word, Ten automatically lifts up his head from the table and his eyes followed where Taeyong and his squad are going until they arrived on their table. This is what he’s ing talking about! Why is he looking at the boy like he can’t go a day without seeing him huh? It isn’t like his usual self!

 

Everyone in their school knows that he hates and despises, Lee Taeyong. Probably because the boy literally has everything he doesn’t have including the acknowledgement he wants. To be acknowledge as a good dancer too. They both love dancing so much and it’s their passion. Ten hated the fact that Taeyong gets more acknowledged than he himself. For ’s sake, he’s the first one learned dancing than Lee Taeyong yet he’s the one who was pushed out of the scene? Great. Just great. So how the hell will he ever feel proud for his rival who stole a part of his everything from him huh?

 

There was a time where their school held a dance contest as a part of their school festival’s program. Of course, Ten would be joining that competition because it’s his talent and forte. Apparently, Taeyong was also a part of that contest which means, they’re going to battle with each other in order to determine the champion of the contest.

 

The chosen concept for their performance is the devil concept. Ten smiled mischievously because he knows that his performance will stand out with that kind of concept. The time he spent in practicing and polishing his moves were no joke. And for tonight, he’s so sure that he’s going to beat Lee Taeyong and prove to everyone in his school that he’s also a great dancer just like the boy. Or even greater than him if possible.

 

During his performance at that time, the Thai boy gave everything and shed all the sweats he could just to deliver out his performance with a great impact on the audience. As if the heavens heard his prayers, everyone clapped their hands like a seal because Ten indeed left a great impact on their eyes. His smooth moves, devilish expression, and flexibility are no joke! Darn it!

 

After his performance, it was Taeyong’s turn to perform his dance. The moment his rival stepped on stage, all the girls instantly squealed maybe because of his so called seductive gazes. From the backstage, Ten could only roll his eyes because of the jealousy, bitterness, and envy rising inside of him. Tonight, he’s surely going to win the trophy and get the acknowledgement he always wanted.

 

The music played and that’s the cue for his performance to start. He tried so hard not to look at the boy performing but he couldn’t bring himself to do so. To be really honest, Taeyong is indeed a good dancer no matter how much he tries to deny it. His moves are all on point plus his expressions are adding more impact to everything. But of course, he won’t admit it because Taeyong is his rival. Duh.

 

More contestants delivered out their performance until the MC that goes by the name, Jaehyun, declared a short break for everyone before they announce the winner for the contest.

 

Ten rested his head on the backrest of the chair while waiting back stage. He can’t wait for the awarding and the moment of truth. This is really it.

 

But where the hell is Doyoung huh? His best friend should be present for him to witness his best friend being the champion of their school festival’s dancing contest. Maybe the boy’s busy, busy avoiding the contest’s MC. Then he chuckled from his silly ideas.

 

“Hi Ten.” A voice suddenly spoke from behind him.

 

Cursing because he almost had a heart attack, Ten turned to his back to see who it was. His jaw literally dropped in shock when he saw that it was Taeyong who greeted him with a smile on his handsome face.

 

Ohmygosh. What to do huh? His very own rival is in front of him! Should he greet the boy back or ignore him?

 

It took a while for him to decide. In the end, he decided to spare him a discouraged look and ignored the boy before closing his eyes to rest for a few minutes. Why would he greet his rival huh? Only idiots and losers do that! In his case, he’s not a loser and he’ll never be. He’s a certified winner. This time, he’ll surely beat Taeyong in that dance contest!

 

Unknown to him, Taeyong flashed a sad smile before walking away from where he is currently sitting.

 

Ten minutes passed by and Jaehyun called everyone’s attention again because the program is gonna resume. All the contestants were asked to stand on stage as the MC reached out for the envelope which contains the result of the winners.

 

“We’ll be announcing the top 5 contestants for our contest…” Jaehyun began and carefully opened the envelope. “The top 5 contestants are Lee Taeyong, Ji Hansol, Johnny Seo, Ten Chittaphon, and Yuta Nakamoto. Congratulations!”

 

Everyone started clapping and Ten smiled because he’s one of the top 5 contestants. Now he’s only a few steps to being the champion.

 

The other contestants stepped out on stage and the top 5 lined up at the center. A loud drum roll started playing and the crowd cheers for the contestants they like.

 

This is really it. It’s the moment of truth and Ten can already smell victory.

 

“Fifth place goes to…” Jaehyun paused for a bit. “Johnny Seo!”

 

Johnny bowed down to the clapping audience with a smile before stepping out and accepting his sash, trophy, and certificate. Even though Johnny didn’t win first place, he’s still happy because he’s a part of the top 5 and his hard works got paid off.

 

Short picture takings and congratulatories occurred. The MC then resumed the announcing of winners after that. “Fourth place goes to… Yuta Nakamoto!”

 

Yuta flashed a smile as he heard his name and stepped out to get his sash, trophy, and certificate. It’s only fourth place yet he’s already satisfied because he gave everything for his performance.

 

After a couple of picture takings and congratulatories, Yuta completely stepped out of the stage. Leaving only Hansol, Taeyong, and Ten standing up on the center of the stage.

 

“Oh! It’s only the top 3 left.” Jaehyun chuckled at his statement before resuming. “Anyways, third place goes to… Ji Hansol!”

 

The audience clapped as they heard Hansol’s name announced as the third runner up. Hansol delivered a very y devilish performance to the audience and his moves are flawless.

 

Hansol smiled and stepped out to get his sash, trophy, and certificate. After that, he bowed down and the photographers took pictures of him as they congratulated him for winning third place.

 

“Now only 2 are left on stage. Who will be the champion for this year’s dance contest?” Jaehyun stated. “Is it Lee Taeyong or Ten Chittaphon?”

 

The crowd got hype up as they shouted who they wanted to win. There are audiences who cheered for Taeyong while there are audiences who shouted Ten’s name.

 

“I won't delay the announcement any longer.” Jaehyun flashed a grin. “The first place goes to…”

 

Ten closed his eyes and waited for what the MC’s going to say next. Please let his bet and speculation be true. Please let him be the champion of this dance contest.

 

“First place goes to, Ten Chittaphon!” With that, confetti’s fell down and there was a loud party popper. “Congratulations to our champion, Lee Taeyong!”

 

All of the judges stood up from their seat and they’re the ones who personally gave Ten and Taeyong’s awards. The both of them received sash, certificate, and trophy. Only that, Taeyong’s trophy is a bit bigger than the runner ups trophies.

 

The photographers started taking pictures and after that they congratulated the two before focusing on Taeyong. Ten couldn’t bear to flash his usual bright smile as his heart felt so heavy. Any minute from now, he’s going to break down but he couldn’t bring himself to do so. Goodness gracious. They’re in front of a crowd and they might wonder why he’s a crying mess right now when all in all, he won first ing place in the dance contest.

 

So after all the efforts he gave for his devil concept performance, it’s still Taeyong who won first place? What’s so special about that freaking boy huh? Is it because he’s good looking and his gazes are so hot? Why is it always him? When will they ever see him as one of the best dancers and probably greater than Taeyong? Just when will they ever acknowledge him?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter