Repeat

Only Lost Without You.

Okay, so here is my first intense memory fic. Hope you enjoy it. 

 

 

 

6years ago.

A young male began to trash his hospital room. Things falling from atop of his draws and desk, as anger came out in his burst. His partner watched with tearful eyes, not knowing what to do. The angry male then halted for a moment, frowning as he looked around and glanced at his partner. There was confusion that showed in his expression.

‘Where am I?’ he asked.

‘Hospital’ The raven haired male responded.

‘Why? Why am I in hospital?’

‘You’ve had an accident’.

‘What happened?’ He touched his head where it was bandaged.

‘Taemin please, sit down’.

‘I DON’T WANT TO SIT DOWN! WHY AM I HERE?’

The raven haired male sighed, glancing to the nurse who was stood supportively beside him. Taemin was pacing now, looking to the mess around him and giving a small whispered rant. He then stilled once again, before he looked around and locked his sight on the male again.

‘Minho?’

‘Yeah?’

‘Where am I?’

Minho sighed. ‘The hospital’.

‘Why am I in the hospital?’

‘You were in an accident’.

‘What happened?’ Taemin looked himself over to try and find injuries.

‘A car crash, we don’t know much about what caused-’

‘Who made this mess?’ Taemin then asked, looking around himself.

‘I did’. Minho lied in response.

‘Well that’s not very good, clean it up!’. He glanced to the nurse. ‘I’m so sorry, he’s so messy’. He smiled at her, and then the smile fell, eyes frowning until looking to Minho again. Before glancing around the room.

‘Minho Hyung, where am I?’

~

Present day

Choi Minho a young 26 year old male closed his car door, and let out a deep exhausted sigh, it had been a very long day at his work place. Minho worked part time at the Children’s hospital, with young children who had suffered with brain injuries. A path he chose to follow a few years after Taemin’s accident. And a new girl had just arrived that day. With a condition much similar to his partners. She had been a handful but Minho had made it through.

He then glanced to the home accommodation that Taemin was currently staying in. Where he received full time care (24/7). Minho came here almost every day, unless he was too tired, or due to being unwell or sick. But it didn’t matter so much, as Taemin would never even realise that he had not been there that day at all.

He pressed the buzzer for entrance and was greeted by a happy Taemin and his Carer, stood waiting for him.

‘Minho!’ Taemin grinned, ‘They said you were coming!’. He wrapped him up in his arms, and kissed him on the lips then proceeded to kiss his cheek and hug him tighter. Minho smiled at this and repeated it back to him, because of all the problems Taemin had, the one thing that Minho was pleased with, was the fact that Taemin on some level knew he loved him, and always showed it when he remembered. Even if sometimes he forgot his name. Once reminded he knew exactly who Minho was. Taemin knew he was his husband and he knew that they were in love. And every visit, showed just how excited Taemin was to see him, it showed how much Minho meant to him. Minho was always greeted with a hug and a kiss at the front door. Because Taemin somehow deep down always wanted to see him and be with him.

3 years ago.

He had just left the new home that Taemin would now continue to live in. It had been a tough day moving, Taemin had no idea where they had gone, or what was happening. And just now he had spent 2 hours telling Taemin he was going back home. Back to their now empty and quiet home. Minho would have struggled with Taemin their all the time. And it had gotten to the point where he just ended up walking out because he couldn’t repeat another round of ‘Where are you going?’.

His phone began to buzz, and Taemin’s name jingled on the screen. There were already unheard voice messages waiting to be heard. Minho sat in his car, connected his phone to the car’s radio, and then set the voicemails to play as he began to drive.

You have 5 new messages.

Beep.

Minho? Is that you? (He sounded panicked) Can you come and see me today, I don’t know where I am, or who these people are, and I feel like I haven’t seen you all day, and can you come find me quick? I’m scared.’

Beep.

Minho, will you come see me today, I want to see you. I miss you…will you come now?’.

Beep.

Hello, this is me Taemin, (He sounded much happier) Are you coming today? Call back?’

Beep.

Hey, it’s me. Taemin, (He sounded upset) I hope you can come visit me today, I would love to see you and hug you and kiss you, I miss you. Are you there? Please answer me, these people say you are coming, but I don’t know who they are, they said they are nurses who see me every day, but I’ve never seen them before in my life. Will you…erm… erm… hello? Who is this? Who am I calling? Wait, erm... Sorry wrong number…bye.

Minho sniffled, as the latest one started up.

Hi Minho, it’s Taemin here, are you coming today? I feel I have not seen you all day? Will I see you? Please call me, bye.

‘You did’ Minho replied though his sob. ‘I just saw you! I was with you all day!’ He wiped his tears, and glanced to where his empty house came into sight. It was tough, and he had a sudden feeling to run inside pack his bags and run away. To get away from all this heartache that attacked him daily. He was in pain at just being with this new Taemin. And it was tearing him apart. Dismissing the messages, he decided to go visit a friend and see if there was anything he could do and if going away would be the best thing for him.

Present day.

‘How are you?’

‘I don’t know’ Taemin responded.

‘How do you think you are?’

Taemin shrugged. ‘I don’t know… I’m… I am happy because you are here’.

Minho smiled. ‘I am happy to be here too’.

‘That’s good’. He leaned into Minho with a pleased smile. ‘What’s your name again?’

‘Minho’. Minho replied.

‘Yes… yes I know you, Minho, you love me and we are best friends and got married’.

‘Yes we did, do you remember it?’

‘Remember what?’

‘That we got married’.

‘We did?’

‘Yes, 6 years ago’.

‘6 years ago?’ Taemin smiled at this, sitting up and looking to his partner. ‘Where did we get married?’

‘In the church two hours from here’.

Taemin seemed in awe of this information. ‘That’s great’. He looked around the room. ‘Where are we?’

‘Your room’. Minho replied.

‘My room?’

‘Yeah’.

‘When did I move here?’

‘Three years ago’.

‘Oh’.

‘What’s the matter?’

‘I don’t remember’. He frowned. Before he smiled back at Minho. ‘What’s your name again?’

‘Minho’.

‘Ah yes, I remember now, you’re my husband, we got married’.

‘Yes we did, do you remember it?’

‘Erm…No. But I know we got married, in a church’.

Minho smiled. ‘Yes, and it was my best day ever’.

‘What was?’

‘Marrying you’.

‘Did we get married?’ Taemin grinned. ‘We got married right?’

‘Yeah’.

‘Where are we?’

‘Can you play me some Piano Taemin?’ Minho instead asked.

Taemin glanced to the Piano next to his bed. He nodded. Standing up and sitting on the small stool. He cracked his fingers and then let them trickle along the keys, producing such a beautiful melody. It was the only time Minho felt like he had his Taemin back. Because he could play a whole song through flawlessly. Sometimes he even sang.

Taemin had been a worldwide professional piano player, and singer. He was known around the world as one of the best, and was set to go far. Until that very fatal night with the tragic car accident. It wasn’t his fault. It was later found out though a video clip from CCTV, that Taemin had swerved to avoid hitting a dog in the middle of the road. But his action caused another vehicle then in his way to collide. It wouldn’t have been that bad, had Taemin not been near a small Cliffside. To which his car then toppled down, and rendered him unconscious. He then somehow caught a virus and infection during his week in hospital after his surgery and it wasn’t until after he awoke that the memory loss issue was finally noticed.

It was clear he knew things of his past. Or sometimes he just needed a little reminder. Anything new he learnt he could not store inside to remember. Anything he was told was just new information. But it was not long before he forgot again, and his new life had begun. It was only when a keyboard had been brought to Taemin’s room that Taemin started to play the music he once performed.

When the piano tune came to an end. Taemin starred at the keys before him, the glanced over at Minho.

‘That was beautiful’. The elder smiled.

‘What was?’

‘Your piano playing’.

Taemin looked back to the Piano. ‘But I haven’t played it before, this is my first time seeing it’.

Minho sighed. ‘Can you play me a tune?’

Taemin nodded. ‘Okay, I think you will like this one’. He moved his fingers back to the keys and repeated the exact same tune once again.

~

Taemin glanced to the pictures along his side desk, from over the last few years when they had been taken. A frown as he did not remember partaking in any of them. When he tried to think, he just thought of nothing. Every moment of what he could remember in that moment alone felt like a reoccurring darkness. He did not dream, and he felt like he never woke up. But was just suddenly there, and could not work out why. Every new moment began with only one mental question. ‘Where am I?’. His brain was so damaged, that even an attempt to remind him of his accident, was forgotten only moments later. He knew there was something missing, but what it was he could not remember.

5 years ago.

Taemin sobbed. Tears staining his cheeks, Minho was knelt before him, his thighs in comfort.

‘Why are you crying?’ Minho asked him. He hated seeing Taemin cry.

‘I can’t remember’. The younger wept.

‘You can tell me, try to say why you are crying? What are you thinking?’

‘I CAN’T!’ Taemin screeched

‘Write it down quickly, do it’. Minho pleaded.

Taemin grabbed his notepad, and wrote something quickly, he then wiped his tears and let out a small whimper, before he read it over. He then frowned and glanced up at Minho. ‘Why can’t you think?’

Minho took the notepad and re-read what Taemin had written.

I cannot think...help.

He glanced back up at Taemin sadly who was looking around the place confused. ‘Where am I?

~

Present day.

‘We’re going on a day trip’.

‘We are?’

‘Yes’

‘Where?’

‘To a special place’.

‘Really? I am so excited, have we been before?’

‘Yes, many times’.

Taemin grinned, ‘Is that why it is special?’ Minho kissed his forehead.

‘Yes, now get your coat, and follow me’. Taemin obeyed and grabbed Minho’s hand, before linking arms and allowing himself to be lead out. The carer’s waving him goodbye as he climbed into the car.

‘Goodbye’. Taemin waved to them.

‘We’ll be back later’. Minho waved too. He fiddled with his key and set the car going. The carer shouting out a loud goodbye, Taemin waving before looking at Minho. ‘Who was that?’

‘No-one, we’re going on a daytrip’.

‘We are, where too?’

‘A special place’.

‘Have I been there before?’

‘Yes, can you guess where it is?’

‘I don’t know’.

‘It’s where I proposed.’

‘Proposed who are you marrying?’ Taemin seemed slightly jealous.

‘I married you silly’.

‘Oh yeah, your Minho my husband, you love me and I love you…Where are we going?’.

~

Minho walked Taemin into the centre of the beautiful park, where flowers had bloomed full, and the green grass was freshly cut. The sun shining brightly all around them. Minho placed out a blanket and then placed the small basket with food on one corner, before leading Taemin to sit down. He sat beside him and pointed to the oak tree just a little in front of them.

‘I proposed to you right there’.

Taemin starred. ‘You did?’

‘Yeah, 7 years ago’.

‘Did I say yes?’

‘Who am I Taemin?’

Taemin glanced at Minho and smiled. ‘You’re my husband, Minho’.

‘So that means you said yes’.

‘I did’. Taemin smiled. He glanced around. ‘Where are we?’

‘Your favourite place’.

‘Why is it my favourite place?’

‘Because this is where I proposed.’.

‘You’re getting married?’

‘Yes’. Minho sighed.

‘To who?’

‘You, silly’.

Taemin smiled. ‘We’re getting married?’

Minho nodded. ‘I love you’.

‘I love you too’ He leaned in to kiss Minho, and the elder pulled him down to lay with him. Taemin snuggled closer. ‘We come here every year’.

‘We do?’ Taemin frowned.

‘Yeah, you made me promise’.

~

5years ago.

Minho pressed a kiss to the other person’s lips, his shirt off, as a hand stoked against his chest, and fingers ran though his hair. He kept kissing back, keeping eyes closed. But it just wasn’t enough. Leaving the country to find a new life and a new lover wasn’t working, no matter what he had tried to do, he deep inside longed for Taemin. It had only took him a moment to realise he was just searching for Taemin in the new people he had met. And he pulled away with a sigh. ‘I’m sorry’.

‘There is someone else isn’t there?’ The young male responded sadly.

‘Yeah, I feel so lost without him, I need him back in my arms, I need to go find him’.

‘I hope he comes back to you’. The male responded. He hugged Minho, grabbed his clothes and left.

‘Me too’. Minho then replied. ‘Me too’.

When he eventually got back home, and finally returned to Taemin. The male had no idea he had left for 3 months, but was just as thrilled to see him as any other time in the past.

‘Minho!’

‘Hi, did you miss me?’

‘I don’t know, did you go somewhere?’

‘I went to Japan’.

‘Did you, why?’

‘To find love’.

‘Love? Did you find it?’ Taemin asked.

‘No, turn out it was right here’. He poked Taemin playfully.

Taemin blushed. ‘So cheesy…’.

Minho grinned. ‘I got you a gift’.

‘Really?’

‘Here’. He brought out a tiny dream catcher. Taemin starred at it as he took it into his hands. ‘Ooh pretty’.

‘So it can catch your dreams at night’.

Taemin admired it, before looking up at Minho. ‘What’s your name again?’

Minho sighed sadly at the comment. ‘I’m Minho’.

‘Minho, yeah I know you, you’re my husband’. Taemin moved in to kiss him. ‘We love each other’.

‘Yes we do’. Minho replied with his own kiss. A meaningful one.

‘Please stay with me, I don’t know who these people are, and I want you to sleep beside me’.

Minho nodded. ‘Okay’. He allowed Taemin to lead him over to the bed. Soon enough they was snuggled close and Taemin had fallen asleep. His arms were clung tightly around Minho and the male held him back just as closely. As he listened to him snoring, Minho officially decided then and there, that he would never leave Taemin again. Taemin was his and his alone. He agreed when they married to stay together until death parted them. And even though a mental part of Taemin was gone. He was still alive and breathing. And Minho would keep his promise till the end.

~

‘I’m taking you back home for dinner’.

‘You are?’

‘Yeah, do you know where home is?’

‘Yesterday’. Taemin replied with a smirk. Minho laughed. ‘Why yesterday?’

‘Because I can’t remember yesterday’. Taemin smiled. He cuddled Minho close, and looked at him lovingly. ‘I love you’.

‘I love you too Taemin’.

‘I love you too Minho’.

‘And I love you’.

‘You do?’

‘Yes’.

‘Do I love you?’

Minho nodded. ‘I’m your husband remember’.

‘Yes, Minho, you love me and I love you and we are married’.

‘Yes we are’.

‘Are what?’

Minho sighed, leaning in to kiss the male. Before standing up. ‘Let’s go’.

‘Where are we going?’

‘To my house’.

‘It is our house?’

‘It used to be’.

‘What does that mean?’

You are my real home Taemin, you always have been’.

Taemin smiled. ‘Cheesy’.

The two then left for the long journey. A repetitive and tiring conversation taking place on the way towards Minho’s small home. A chicken had been cooking in the oven all day, and should now be nice and ready for when they arrived. At his home were also some of Taemin’s old friends. They had only agreed to come because it was a special date. It was Taemin’s 25th birthday. And the table was set up as if ready for a party.

One blondish haired male named Jonghyun, was waiting inside and chewing on his fingers. He always found it hard to be around Taemin. He just could not cope with the repeating questions. He loved Taemin. But it always made him extremely emotional and he had not seen him since that first time after the accident. And he held Minho in high regards.

Kibum, a darker haired male could only handle it for so long. Sometimes even telling Taemin dramatic unrealistic stories because he knew Taemin would forget them. And it kept him personally entertained with the responses, but he only saw Taemin a few times a year.

Jinki the eldest, often would just sit and listen, starring at his friend with sadness. He had small conversations. But he too had also found it hard. He was very accepting to when Minho had broke down that one night, and decided to just leave the country. He supported his need to grieve Taemin, who he felt was somewhat dead, and understood Minho’s need to finding a new life. But was surprised when Minho came back.

As they made their way inside. Taemin looked to his old friends. Kibum greeting him with open arms.

‘Hi’. Taemin smiled. He looked at Minho.

‘It’s Kibum, you know Kibum right?’

Taemin looked at Kibum, ‘Oh yeah, yeah, we are friends’.

‘Yeah we are’. Kibum grinned.

‘And Jonghyun and Jinki?’

Taemin looked to the other two’. He smiled. ‘I know you’.

They too greeted him with a hug.

‘Happy Birthday’ Jinki spoke.

‘Is it my birthday?’

‘Yeah, you’re 25th’. Jonghyun spoke.

‘What?’ He looked at Minho. ‘Am I 25?’

‘Yes Taemin’.

The male frowned and looked around. ‘Where are we?’

‘Home’. Minho responded.

‘Are we?’

‘Yeah, do you want to sit down?’

Taemin allowed Minho to lead him to the sofa; Jonghyun was already being hugged by Jinki as tearful emotions had already got the better of him especially with what he said next. Taemin looked at Minho and then at Kibum. Before looking back to Minho. ‘What’s your name again?’

‘I’m Minho’.

‘Oh yes, I remember you, you are my husband and we are married’.

‘Do you want to eat?’

‘What are we having?’

‘Chicken’.

‘Okay’.

Minho moved to take of his coat, and entered his small kitchen. Kibum knelt before Taemin and smiled. ‘How are you?’

‘I don’t know’.

‘Erm, do you remember my name?’

‘No, who are you?’

‘I’m Kibum’.

‘Yes I know you, we are friends’.

Kibum nodded. ‘Can you play me the Piano?’

Taemin nodded happily, and moved to the dusty piano in the corner of the room. As he played the tunes of his past. It kept him occupied until dinner was ready. When they sat down, Taemin was momentarily shocked by Kibum’s story of the dinosaurs who were coming to the city and were going to eat every female alive. And even got excited when he thought that Jonghyun who apparently was secretly a woman now in this story was having a baby. But no sooner had the stories finished, Taemin had forgotten and it was time for his birthday cake. Half way though his birthday song he had joined in and was shouting out a Hip-Hip causing the others to laugh. It took him 5 minutes to blow out the candles.

Waving goodbye to his friends. Taemin and Minho finally drove back to his accommodation. ‘Who were they?’ Taemin asked.

‘It doesn’t matter’.

‘Where are we going?’

‘Your home’.

‘Where is that?’

Minho sighed. ‘It doesn’t matter’.

Once back, Minho took Taemin to his room, since Taemin had no idea where it was. And even helped him undress and into bed.

‘Are you sleeping with me?

‘I have to go home’.

‘But home is here’. Taemin responded.

‘This is your home not mine’.

‘I thought you said I was your home?’

‘You are but-.’ Minho paused. ‘What did you say?’

Taemin looked at Minho and smiled, before he looked around.

‘Where am I?’ 

 

 

(So....Do I do a second chapter. Or should I just leave it at that. I feel like that could be my bittersweet ending. Otherwise becasue I love my 2min so much. I can have more of that last moment when Taemin remembered somthing. And yeah. IDK COMMENT PLEASE -mwah-. ) I'm going to mark it as complete for now.

 

 

Please comment.