For Her

Uncontrollable Scandal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chapter 37

 

For Her

 

 

 

 

Jiyong’s pov

 

 

I don’t know what happen but hearing that Jiyeon was in the hospital scared me. Taeyeon has been silent and trying to suppress her tears and I can only do is to hold her hand and try to comfort her.

It is only a few minutes’ drive but we felt like it was eternity as we maneuver on the street of Seoul.

“Taeng everything will be alright.” I said to comfort her, and I don’t know if it reach her but I hope it did.

As I saw the silhouette of the hospital I somewhat felt relieved since we finally see Jiyeon but as we enter its premises what welcome us was a hoards of reporters at the entrance of the hospital. They all suddenly come towards us, when they notice my car.

“! I shouldn’t brought my Lambo here.” I muttered but it was useless as Taeyeon unbuckle her seatbelt and suddenly open the door. I quickly unbuckle mine and went outside. I push the reporters that rushing to me just to get to Taeyeon who was block by several reporters.

“Are the news true that G-Dragon is the father of your daughter?”

“Are you two dating?”

They all ask us question disregarding why we came here. “Please let us pass, Taeyeon need to see her daughter!” I said as I hugged Taeyeon close to me and try to make way to the front of the hospital.

But the reporters were deaf and didn’t even move the slightest. I was about to rage out when Taeyeon escaped from my hold.

“MY DAUGHTER IS IN THE EMERGENCY ROOM!” She shouted so loud that all of the surrounding chatter silence. “Please I need to go to my daughter please…” She said in tears and I could only support her body as she was feeling weak because of the anxiety and worriedness about her daughter. Realizing what we came here for the reporter make space for us to go through. Some took a picture of us but some were kind enough to didn’t bother us more. We arrived at the entrance and I saw Dami noona coming towards us.

“Why did you come in front?!” She shouted to us but Taeyeon just ran towards her and said.

“Jiyeon… how is my Jiyeon? Unnie where is she?” She then grab on Dami noona’s clothes begging with tear stained face.

“She is still in the ICU and… you need to make a decision Taeyeon.” She said to her.

Noona then guided us to where the surgery is being held and I saw my Appa and Umma silently praying. They then saw us and Umma immediately run and hug Taeyeon.

“It will be okay… Jiyeon is strong, she will get through this.” Umma said as she also cried.

“Umma what happen to her?” I ask. Then she told us what happen.

According to her they were at the amusement park when suddenly Jiyeon said that she was tired so they went to resting area. But as they were walking there Jiyeon suddenly collapse and was breathing hard as she clenched her chest. The park attendants quickly call an ambulance and rush her here. When the doctor examine her they said that they need to do a surgery on her fast and they only heard that it was about Jiyeon’s heart.

Wait isn’t it like what happen before?  I thought as I remember what happen before.

“The doctor said that she had con valve disease.” My Umma continued. “She needed a valve replacement surgery or else…”

“Why does she need a surgery, I mean didn’t her last surgery fixed her heart?” Taeyeon spoke. “The doctor said before that she didn’t need a surgery when they did that invasive operation.”

Taeyeon was panicking and was very much shock of what she heard.

Just then a doctor came towards us and ask who is Jiyeon’s guardian.

Seeing Taeyeon still frozen up and weak I guide her and said “This is her mother…”

“Mam… we need to speak to you urgently.” The doctor said.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Taeyeon’s pov

 

 

“The original procedure was balloon valvuloplasty were they insert a catheter and enlarge the valve that have been block but the thing is it only a temporary solution to her ailment.” The doctor said to me. “Seeing your face means the previous doctor also said it to you.”

“Yes.” I answer. “I…I lack some financial assistance so I chose it but the doctor said that my daughter’s case wasn’t that severe and can be treated with time…”

“Yes it is possible but like I said right now, what your daughter needs is a valve replacement.” The doctor said. “This surgery involves removing the faulty valve and replacing it with a man-made or biological valve. What we need from you is to choose whether to use a biological valve or a man-made valve.”

“Doc what’s the difference between the two?” Jiyong suddenly asks seeing that I can’t focus.

“Biological valves are made from pig, cow, or human heart tissue and may have man-made parts as well. These valves are specially treated, so you won’t need medicines to stop your body from rejecting the valve. Man-made valves last longer than biological valves and usually don’t have to be replaced. Biological valves usually have to be replaced after about 10 years, although newer ones may last 15 years or longer. Unlike biological valves, however, man-made valves require you to take blood-thinning medicines for the rest of your life. These medicines prevent blood clots from forming on the valve. Blood clots can cause a heart attack or . Man-made valves also raise your risk of infective endocarditis.”

“Can she function as a normal kid after that?” I asks.

“Yes… athletes who have the same condition could function normally and even compete so don’t you don’t need to worry about her condition.” The doctor reassure us. “But if I am going to recommend you something I would like for you to choose the biological valve replacement. Even though you need to replace it every certain years, you don’t need to take any medicine and risk her health.” The doctor then left me and Jiyong there to think about what would we pick. He also said that the surgery needed to be done by tomorrow

I ponder for a moment but I couldn’t decide on anything, the thought of Jiyeon having a normal life was enough for me and yet whatever I choose will affect her.

“Let’s head outside for a while.” Jiyong said with a faint smile. “You need to relax so that you can decide.”

I just nodded and I let him guide me outside. As we step out of the room, there I saw Choi Eomonim, TOP oppa, Jessica, Tiffany with the Kwon’s.

“Taeyeon!” Tiffany said as he hugged me. “We came here as fast as we could…”  Jiyong let me go and I only cry in her embrace.

“It will be alright Taeyeon…Jiyeon is strong so she will be alright.” Jessica said to her.

“So what did the doctor said?” Mrs. Choi said to us.

I then told them what the doctor told me. I also reveal to them Jiyeon’s illness.

“So the thing that happen back then was because the surgery didn’t work?” Mrs. Choi asks.

“I thought that it would work and she wouldn’t need to do the valve replacement surgery…” I said as I tear up again.

“It’s not your fault okay…” Jessica said as she try to wipe my tears.

“Have you decided yet Taeyeon-ah?” Kwon Eomonim asks me. “Hearing your explanation it feels like using the biological valve as a replacement is the only choice.”

“I agree with her on this Taeyeon-ah.” Choi Eomonim seconded. “Though she need to get a surgery every 10 to 15 years, I think it is a fair choice too.”

I didn’t answer them but what they said weigh on me.

I try to regain my senses until all of what happen was clear to me. Jessica and Tiffany went with TOP oppa to buy some foods for us, while Kwon Eomonim and Dami Unnie, with Choi Eomonim went and help me process Jiyeon’s hospital admittance.

Since Jiyeon was still in the ICU I couldn’t really went inside. I helplessly watch as my daughter try to fight for her life. She have those tubes and apparatus and it made me feel bad that my daughter is going through all of this.

“Taeng what are you thinking?” Jiyong suddenly asks me.

“I am really not suited to be her mother…” I muttered.

“Hey… don’t be like that… you done enough and truthfully Jiyeon never once said that you are a bad mother to her.” He comforted me.

“I can’t even face my friend Taehee, seeing Jiyeon like this?”

“Taehee? Is she Jiyeon’s biological mother?” Jiyong ask me.

“Yes… Kwon Taehee…” I said to him. “She doesn’t really like that name so we call her Erica. Come to think of it, Jiyeon resemble her very much. Out-going, fearless, even her ability to make everyone love her. By the way Jiyong… can you stay here and watch Jiyeon for me. I need to talk to the doctor about the surgery.”

“Are you okay with going alone?” He ask me.

“Yeah… Jiyong thanks for being there for me and Jiyeon…” I said to him.

“Well I love you so what else can I do?” He said as he smile and kiss me.

I then went to the doctor’s office and told the surgeon of my decision to use the biological valve for my daughter’s surgery. He explain me again the precaution and the risk of the surgery. The surgeon explain me in detail what to expect after the surgery. What will be the changes and the things that I need to do for Jiyeon so that she could grow up normally.

“We will do the surgery by tomorrow. We already requested the replacement valves in our sister hospital and I assure you Ms. Kim that it will be 100% safe.” The doctor said to me. “Also Ms. Kim we won’t let anything harm Ms. Little Dragon. We are also fan of hers so we will give it our best.

I exited his office with my heart partially at ease, maybe because the doctor said that the surgery isn’t really that hard and the recovery time is short.

I was about to go back to Jiyeon’s room when I saw Kwon Eomonim and Dami unnie talking. I was about to tell them about Jiyeon’s surgery when I overheard what they are talking about.

“Umma, when will we tell them that Jiyeon is Jiyong daughter?” Dami unnie said. “Jiyong need to know that Erica didn’t abort their baby, and she entrust it to Taeyeon before she dies.”

“What do you mean Erica’s baby?” I suddenly said as I was still shock of what I’ve heard.

“Taeyeon… it isn’t like that…” Kwon Eomonim said.

“Eomonim then what is it? Why did you say that Jiyeon is Jiyong’s daughter?” I ask them.

“Taeyeon… we need to talk.” Dami unnie said as she tell me everything.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong’s pov…

 

Erica? Kwon Taehee?

Is she really the girl Taeyeon is talking about?

Questions after questions flooded my mind as I heard that name. I don’t want to be happy but if it is true then is it possible that Jiyeon is my daughter? My daughter will be at the same age as Jiyeon if she was still alive…

No! I refuse to believe Erica aborted our baby! I need to know if that “Erica” Taeyeon is talking about is the same “Erica” that I know.

I was going to find Taeyeon when TOP hyung called me.

“Hey Ji… YG hyung have been trying to call you but you aren’t answering.” TOP hyung said.

I then saw my phone and saw the missed calls from my boss and when it ring again I pick it up but before I could say something he shouted at me.

“YAH! Why they hell did you do that?!” Hyung shouted at me. “It’s chaos here! Our PR team are busy answering phones right now!”

“Hyung… sorry, but Jiyeon…” I said trying to explain to him.

“I know… but still you could at least called and tell us if the kid is alright.” He said to me. “Jiyeon is okay right?”

“She is okay… but they need to do a major surgery for her tomorrow. Hyung about the news…”

“It’s okay… it is not like you are the only artist in my agency…” He said to me. “By the way… I would tell the media what you told me, and the things I know, but I won’t tell them about your relationship with Taeyeon. You should be the one to tell them that.”

“So Hyung I can reveal my relationship?”

“It’s your decision but… I want you think long and hard what will happen after that. To Taeyeon, Jiyeon, and You.” He then hang up but not with another scolding.

I then went back to Jiyeon’s room and found Jessica and Tiffany looking so frantic. Taeyeon was being consoled by my mother and there are tons of doctors

“Hey what’s happening?” I ask them.

“I don’t know… those machine inside Jiyeon’s room suddenly started acting up and the next thing we know the doctors rush inside.” Jessica said. “Hey where the hell is Taeyeon right now?”

“She went to the doctor about the surgery… but it was a few hours ago.” I said as I already panicking as I saw the doctor trying to do something.

“What is happening?” I turn around and saw Taeyeon with my Eomma and Noona. “What is happening? What is happening to my Jiyeon?”

We then saw how the nurse with the assistance of the doctor bringing Jiyeon o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter