Seventeen

Say the name, Seventeen!

The stadium is packed with people from top to bottom, their screams and cheers resonate throughout the large space, the cotton coloured lights flash against the dark, creating the well known 'cotton ocean'. The screams become loud chants, repeating the name of their beloved group over and over again. 

"SEVENTEEN, SEVENTEEN, SEVENTEEN!"

"Hyung, are you ready?" Asked Dino, the youngest of the group.

"Of course, let's go on stage everyone!" Shouted S.coups, the leader.

As they all step onto the stage, everyone in the stadium cheered louder than ever, though it was suppose to be happy, there's something else among the cheering.

For now, it's just happy.

The atmosphere starts out fun and exciting. They sing their old songs— Adore U, Mansae, Pretty U and so on. They laugh about Vernon's key line in Shining Diamonds, joking about how old he has become since then.

As the concert goes on, the atmosphere in the stadium becomes heavier and heavier, the fans slowly quieten down as realisation hit them like a truck— that this is the last time. The last time the fans will ever see them on stage like this— together as one.

As they all stand side by side, S.coups also came to realised that this is the last time they'll be like this.

He let his eyes roam over the members of his group, they've all grown so much.

As his eyes linger on the fans in front of him, a sudden wave of memories come flooding into his head.

He remembers everything. He remembers the pre-debut days, the hard times before debuting, their debut showcase to all throughout their first and second wins, he remembers them clearly.

He remembers how everyone liked Joshua for being a gentleman, Jeonghan being an angel and Vernon for being his true self. He remembers Seungkwan, DK and Hoshi annoying Woozi and how Woozi pushes himself for Seventeen. He remembers how awkward Jun and The8 were, not being able to speak Korean that well— now they're speaking in fluent Korean, probably even more fluent then S.coups himself.  Other than that, he remembers Wonwoo and Mingyu being as close as day and night, their friendship was well known to even the international fans.

S.coups feels a light tap against his shoulders, he turns towards to a certain male smiling sadly. It was Dino, their small Maknae, except he's not so small anymore, he's gotten taller than himself and most of the other members.

"Hyung, it's time." Dino says with tears in his eyes.

S.coups slowly nods and clears his voice. He faces the fans and begins to to say words.

"Uh..." He begins as he tries to push down the lump that's forming down his throat. "It's been a long time, right?" 

"But despite the long time we've been here, you've all stuck with us by our side and continue to support us, I'm really grateful for that, we're grateful for that. Without you Carats, there wouldn't be Seventeen. If it weren't for Carats, we wouldn't be here performing at Seoul Olympic Stadium for our last concert. Without Carats, we wouldn't have won Artist of the Year, Daesang Awards, none of the music awards. This may be the last time we're standing here as one, but please continue to show us your support and love, that's all we could ever wish for. We will continue to love Carats and remember the time we stood by each other, not as idol and fans but as one big family. Thank you so much for all these years and thank you so much for all these memories, we love you Carats so much. And lastly— thank you from the bottom of our hearts, thank you for making our dreams come true."

After this, he won't be S.coups, the leader of Seventeen anymore, he'll just be himself.

He'll be Choi Seungcheol.

"1,2,3! Say the name!"

"SEVENTEEN!"