Chapter 1

Bestfriend VS. Destiny
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Summer was freaking awesome.

I spent the whole summer in Japan at a camp for performing arts. My dad made me take voice and dance lessons when I was 9, and ever since then, singing and dancing have been my passions. There's just something about singing and dancing that makes me feel alive.

So yeah, I learned a lot more about the different techniques in performing at camp. I've also been playing the piano since fifth grade, so I had piano lessons there, too.

But no matter how awesome the camp was, I still felt like something's missing. Right, Krystal wasn't there with me. But then again, why would she? I mean, we're total opposites. And now, I can't wait to see her, not just because she's my best friend, but also because school starts in a week and we haven't spent time together since summer started.

"So, have you met any cute guys in Japan?"

That's the first question Krystal asked when I got to her house that afternoon.

"What, no 'Hi' or 'I missed you'?" I asked sarcastically.

"Oh. Hi! I missed you!" She gave me a brief hug then continued, "Now, tell me."

"Gosh, Krystal. I was there to improve my skills, not to meet cute guys."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter