Final

Keeping Us Together

After about 4 years of being together as a group, this year, VIXX has planned to make 3 comebacks with the theme of Greek Gods. 

They've succeeded in their first comeback early this year. With the title song, Dynamite, they've earned several wins and are very satisfied with it, considering the fact that they're know as the concept king and for them to be performing such a bright, cheery song instead of their usual dark ones which are quite unusual for them. 

However, the process of making the second album, Hades, as well as the second comeback for the year is way harder than how it was for Dynamite . 

It's because they're so busy with their schedules . 

Aside from preparing for Hades, they also have their group schedules to attend to, even the one which need them to go as far as travel to China, singing to a language they barely know and in the same time dancing to the vigorous moves in which they had very limited time to learn, practice and perform. 

To add to that, they also have their own personal schedules. The maknae, Hyuk, with his newly found career as an actor. The visual, Hongbin, with his thick script book which he needs to memorize for his drama. The rapper, Ravi, with his song composing for his collaboration with some dancers. The younger main vocalist, Ken, with the songs he need to practice for the song festival he's involved in. The elder main vocalist, Leo, with his endless musicals. And the leader, N, with MC-ing, DJ-ing and acting. 

Even with the hectic schedule in which they barely have time to rest or even eat, the reason why all 6 of them has lost a noticeable amount of weight, they still manage to drag themselves to the practice room every evening. 

Hardly greeting each other as the entered the mirrored room, the music starts and soon, they'll be moving their body by instincts. They lost count on how many times they had snapped at each other, diss each other and even annoy each other due to the thick tension caused by exhaustion. They've also lost count on how many times each of them sprained their ankles, strained their muscles and get cramps to the point where they can barely stand back up. However, given a 5 minutes break, they will then push away all the pain, fatigue and misunderstanding to resume. 

As the teasers are released, fans are highly enthusiasted upon knowing that this time, they'll be back with a dark concept, one they're famous for. Thanks to the support given by the fans, regardless of how much their mind and body are telling them to stop and gives themselves a break, they keep on going. 

 

The first time they performed their title song for this comeback was at their concert. Fans flooded the venue, chanting their names and screaming their hearts out. All that keep their spirits up. They performed their best, giving the fans all they've got and it makes them happy to see the smiling faces. 

However, as they prepared for their comeback stage, they found out that a famous group will be making a comeback as well and a few big, well known companies are going to debut their new groups.  

Those news caused realisation to hit them. Hard. They know no matter how hard they tried, it'll be almost impossible to win over those groups. 

"What's with those faces? "N asks once they're back in the comfort of their dorm, even for just a few hours. 

Looking up from where he's seated, Hyuk asks the question which all of them are silently asking themselves. 

"Do you think we can win, hyung? "

N gives the maknae a smile that doesn't quite reach his eyes. "Does it matter? We did our best, didn't we? "

"Of course it matter, hyung!  We worked our life off for this yet we might not be able to achieve anything! " Ravi suddenly snaps, his eyes red due to either tiredness or tears. 

"Wonshik, have you forgotten the reason why we're still here? It's our fans. We're doing this for them, not for winning. "

Ravi growls but says nothing because he knows N is right. 

"Come on, guys. Clean up and sleep. We have a long day tomorrow. "The leader urges. 

However, no one moves. 

"I know you're tired and dissapointed. But please, just get along with it, okay? "N sounds so sad that it makes Hongbin abruptly stands up and enter his room. He refuse to witness it if the leader suddenly burst into tears. 

 

The next day goes on as usual, all of them busy promoting their new album in their own ways even with the lack of enthusiasm they previously had. 

Later that day, as they waited for the cue to go up on stage and perform, N grabs s attention and gathered them at one corner of the stage. 

"What is it, Hakyeon? "Leo asks half heartedly. 

Taking a deep breath, N speaks up. "I know you're upset. I really do. I'm upset too. But don't let it affect our performance, okay? We may not win this time but we're still a winner in my heart and I'm sure we're a winner in our fans' heart too. So don't dissapoint me and them, alright? "

No one answers him verbally but they all nod. They know they should be professional on stage. 

At the nods given by the members, N pulls all of them closer together and engulfs them in a big hug even with the restraint of his short arms. 

"Believe in us. "

 

They ended the performance perfectly as always and now they're standing  on the stage once again along with all the other groups, waiting for the MC to announce the winner. 

They know they were nominated but they also know better than to hope for it because they realise that they stand no chance against the other famous groups. 

However, it shocks all of them when the MC actually announced them as the winner. 

In a swift step, Ken approaches N who's still frozen even as the MC hands him the trophy. "We did it, hyung. "He whispers with a bright smile before clasping his hands and bowing to the fans. 

None of them actually paid any attention to what Ravi is saying so it surprises N once more when the MC suddenly hands him the mic, telling him to give an acceptance speech of his own. Still too overwhelmed, all he can say was thank you. 

As they performed the ending stage, all the members gathered around the leader, eager to thank him for the strength he shared with them and wanting to share their happiness with him . 

However, the leader steps away from the small crowd, refusing to let s see his tear brimmed eyes and instead signalling them to go and thank the fans. 

At that moment, they know, no matter how hard the situation is, with N as their leader and the fans supporting them, they can overcome it. 

 

 

♡♡♡♡♡☆☆☆☆☆♡♡♡♡♡☆☆☆☆☆♡♡♡♡♡♡

Congrats VIXX!! 

This is my first one shot so please excuse me.