What today holds

How did this happen to us?

Captain’s POV

The day started as usual but there was something really peculiar about this day. On this day last month, we had concluded the shooting for season 2 and boy was I happy about it. Of course I was going to miss all my friends and the crew members but I really wanted a break. It has been a month that I am living that break. There have been so many promotional events and interviews but it is really a bit different than the regular shooting that we did. After Love Sick life is never going to be the same. I have learned so much about acting, professionalism, making and maintaining friendships and being humble. I have learned that my fans love me no matter what and that I have to keep doing my best to make my parents proud. I don’t know what my future holds but I am hoping I will have great opportunities knocking on my door and that I will get to showcase my talent to my fans.

Thinking about all these things makes me feel grateful. I feel so grateful to know some of the best people like P’ White, Ngern and August. We still keep in touch regularly and probably these people are never going to leave my life no matter where I go. The other day I came across a really funny fanfiction about me and P’ White and I laughed a lot. Fans just can’t stop fantasizing about us. It is like they are pouring their energies into the universe so that we both remain together. It is really touching, but hey, we are brothers and nothing more. P’ White and I always find the photo-shopped images, the fanfics, the pages and posts very amusing but at the same time it is very satisfying to know that through our roles we have really managed to touch the hearts of our fans. I think I am just feeling nostalgic today. I really need to pull myself together. I hear my phone buzz and I see that all my Love Sick cast mates are vigorously chatting on our group. I try to read through the conversation. Ngern just shared a link of yet another photo-shopped image of me and White. I am sitting on White’s lap and smiling. Whoa! What the hell! I laugh and send LOL smileys in the chat. P’ White is not online, I suppose. He normally responds within seconds. I put my phone aside and decide to take a shower. I go the window and look outside. It is a pleasant, bright day. It makes me feel warm and smile.

After my morning rituals I head out for a walk. It is still early but life is stirring back up in my locality. I wear my black hoodie, put my earphones on and walk out. I feel really good today. My favourite song plays and I can’t help but feel happy right now. I make a quick turn and come to a stop suddenly. Why do I feel someone is following me? I turn to look back but I don’t see anybody in close vicinity. Am I just imagining this? I continue to walk, just a little fast though. I again feel like somebody is following me. I don’t really feel good but then I think it must be a fan who recognised me but is too nervous to talk? I take off my earphones and call out, “Is anybody there?” No response. I decide to cut my walk short and just go home. More than anything, I just hate to feel eerie.

After the weird experience, I decide to have some normalcy back. As I enter the house, I see my mom cooking me breakfast. This defines normal for me. Seeing my mom in the kitchen early in the morning. I really love this woman as she has always been there for me, made really good decisions for me and has taken care of me at my best and my worst. I feel a bit relieved and I sit down at the table. Mom and I have a relaxed conversation as I sip juice. Life is good again.

 

 

White’s POV

I would be lying if I said I was really happy that the series ended. Not that related events have already concluded yet but the entire gruelling weekend schedule has ended. My twelve hour acting shifts have come to an end and so have the acting workshops where Captain and all us trained together to hone our acting skills. The series has changed our lives for good, mostly. The insane fan following is overwhelming to say the least and their love has kept us going. I feel blessed to have this in my life. Captain and I both shot to fame because of the series and I can still clearly remember the day when I got to know that I was playing one of the main leads. I was so happy, excited and scared at the same time. I knew it from the beginning that this was going to a different and sort of difficult journey.

Playing a boy in love with another boy was going to be a challenge and that is what excited me the most. Fans go crazy about my and Captain’s chemistry but I will be honest, it didn’t develop in a day. It took its sweet time but when we were really comfortable with each other we were really at ease while acting our scenes like a couple. It is already a month that we stopped filming and though all of us are in touch with each other regularly, the distance has started to grow. I don’t mind it because it is evident that everyone moves on their lives but I have some very fond memories, thanks to Love Sick the Series. My phone is buzzing but I am in no mood to check the messages. I feel lethargic and I really don’t want to leave the bed today. I want to have a movie marathon by myself and just relax. This time at home is really precious.

We have events lined up starting day after tomorrow to promote the second season. It is going to be exhausting but I am really happy that I will get to meet my friends again. Someone’s knocking at my door. I better get my breakfast before my Ma yells. It is going to be a great day.