chapter one

Once Again

I can't believe vacation's already over. Time sure does fly fast especially when you're doing nothing. My days of serenity are over. During my free time I watched this anime, the main character guy described himself as "gray-colored" and I can somehow really relate to him. This school and all these students are living a "rose-colored" life. Youth is the most beautiful moment in one's life. I believe that. I'm just not as spirited about it as others.

 

"Taeyong-hyung!" 

 

Here comes my shocking-pink colored besfriend, Jaehyun. He's always so lively and so bright. Where does he gets all his energy from? aist. Opposites do attract and i guess that's why he's my bestfriend.

"You missed the opening ceremony. It just ended. Good thing the teachers didn't noticed you weren't there. Why are you so late?"

"I got lost"

"Can't you think of a better excuse?"

"I'd rather not"

"What's with that face? Cheer up hyung! It's our first day as seniors! aren't you excited? it's our last year!" 

"What's to be excited about, Everything's the same. We just moved to higher year."

"C'mon! Don't be so grumpy. Let's go find our classroom together! We're classmates again this year"

"wow" Taeyong said in a flat tone. "i'm looking forward to spending everyhour of every school day with you yaaaaaaay" 

"Tss. Well, I know you really meant what you just said, HA-HA!"

Taeyong rolled his eyes and gave his friend a nudge, " Let's go"

 

Taeyong chose to seat at the back of the classroom like he always does but unfortunately, because they got to their classroom a little late, the seat by the windowsill is already taken, so he sat at the second seat closest to the window. Jaehyun sat infront of him. 

 

After the first class has ended, Jaehyun turned around and poked Taeyong cheeks who's looking outside at the window "Taeyong hyung. I heard there'd be a transferee in our class"

"How'd you even know that?"

"I got to school early and I overheard our homeroom teacher talking about it."

"What about it?"

"Nothing. I just suddenly remembered. I wonder when he or she will come."

"I need to use the bathroom. see ya later"

"what do you mean see ya later? YAAH!"

 

Taeyong energy is still so low. He's thinking maybe he could nap for atleast 15mins in the bathroom.

"Nice. No one's here. Time for a power nap" Taeyong sat on the toilet that he covered with tissue paper, because he's a neat freak, and set his alarm so he won't be too late for their next class. He fell asleep as soon as he closed his eyes.


 

"He's going to sleep again. SIGH" Jaehyun opened his new book and started scanning the pages when their homeroom teacher entered the room

 

"Everyone. Attention please." 

 

Jaehyun closed his book and payed his attention to their teacher.

"Class. I know you already know each other and today you will be having a new friend. I'm going to introduce you to your new classmate," their teacher looked out the door and nodded to someone outside the classroom, signaling for that someone to come in.

 

SHE entered the room while looking at the floor which made Jaehyun focus on her

She slowly lifts her head up and gave a shyly smile to the class. Jaehyun doesn't know why but he smiled back eventhough she didn't even looked at him

 

"She's Kang Seulgi from Ansan, Gyeonggi-do. Be nice and take care of her, okay class?"

"Yes seonsaeng-nim" the class said in unison

"Seulgi-ssi. Please take a seat. Uhhhh. How about the at back, behind Jaehyun-ssi?"

"Seonsaeng-nim! This seat's already taken!"

"Oh. Is that so?" The teacher looked around and found another seat beside Jaehyun, "How about that seat on your side Jaehyun-ssi, by the window?"

"This seat's okay but there's too much sunlight in this spot she might hurt her eyes."

"It's fine by me." Seulgi spoke and went to her seat

"Don't worry Seulgi-ssi. I'll go get the curtains. They forgot to put it the other day."

"Thankyou seonsaeng-nim" Seulgi gave a bow and the teacher headed for the door but stopped

"Jaehyun-ssi. Since you're her seatmate, you're in charge of showing her around. Got it? But everyone still have to takecare of her alright? See you later class!"

 

 

Seulgi stood up moved her chair closer to Jaehyun who got flustered. 

She noticed the boy's reaction and giggled, "Yah. I won't bite. But you're right, I think I might go blind after our class."

"Huh? do you have a disease?" Jaehyun said with a worried expression

"You're funny. I'm just avoiding the sunlight. I'll go back when the sun changed it's position." 

 

"Kang Seulgi." She extended her hand for a handshake, Jaehyun took her hands and replied "Jung Yoon Oh. I just changed my name so I'm still not used to being called Yoon Oh, you can call me Jaehyun or Yoon Oh. Whatever you prefer"

She gives Jaehyun a smile. Jaehyun couldn't resist and smiled back showing his cute dimples.

"oh! gwiyeopda![cute], you have dimples!" seulgi poked jaehyun's cheeks. Surprised at she just did, Seulgi took her hand back.

"I'm sorry Jaehyun-ssi. Aaaaaaah! That's so embarassing! Sorry!" Seulgi buried her face on her desk to hide her embarassment

 

Jaehyun could feel his face heating up. He's not angry at what she just did, instead he can't stop smiling. "am I blushing? No no no no no no"

 

Seulgi turned her head and saw Jaehyun's becomes face all red, "Yah! Are you sick? Why are you so red?!"

"Because of you! You made me feel shy-shy-shy!!" Jaehyun while covering his face

"I should be the one who's feeling shy! Not you! Sorry again! I promise I won't do it again!"

"no no. I'm not mad or anything! It's okay"

"are you sure???"

"Yes. It actually made me comfortable around you. I was kinda nervous about how I'll talk to you but you broke the barrier"

"I'm actually the friendly type. I hope we can be friends!"

"Of course. From now on, I am you friend." Jaehyun gave her another dimple smile. Seulgi smiled back to him showing her chubby cheeks

"Seulgi-ssi I'm sorry you have to take the worst seat in this classroom. It's just that my best friend already took the seat behind me."

"It's okay. Our teacher said he'll get the curtains later. So I would be fine by then."

 


Their next class started and it was soon over. 

Seulgi tapped Jaehyun's shoulder and the boy turned to her. "Jaehyun would like to eat lunch with me. Just for today, I still don't know where the cafeteria is."

"Sure. We can eat together. Can my bestfriend come too? I usually eat together with him? Is that okay?"

"Of course! The more the merrier! But where is he? Is he absent?"

"Good question. He was here during the first period. He said he'll go to the bathroom. He's probably asleep somewhere."

"aren't you worried? what if he collapsed or something?"

"Nah. he always does that. He skips class to sleep but still manages to get good grades."

"Ahhhh. That's cool." Seulgi nodded

"I'm cooler than him tho. hmp" jaehyun pouted his lips like a little kid

Seulgi laughed at him "yaaah! what's with that expression."

"well. That's Taeyong-hyung. You haven't even met him and yet you already think he's cool"

"Taeyong?" Seulgi looks a bit shocked from the name she just heard

"Eung. Taeyong. Lee Taeyong is his name."

"Is that so?" The smile on her face faded as soon as he heard his name.

"What is this? Could it be him? Aist. No it can't be." 

 

"HYUNG!" Jaehyun shouted then waves like a little kid to someone at the door

 

Seulgi looks at the person entering the room. Her eyes widen as their gaze met each other, which made the Taeyong, stopped from taking another step.

 

She was right.

 

"It is HIM."


i'm sorry if there's any mistakes. I will fix it later.

the anime i'm referring to in this chapter is Hyouka!! Do you guys know it???

---

Have you guys seen NCT DREAM's debut stage on MCountdown? OMG. They are too cute. My sons!!!! I love their choreography!!