1/1

bubble gum

 

 

“Lee-ssi, I saw it!” The raven haired teacher screamed from across the hallway.

Taemin rolled his eyes at his mentor, ran out of the scene almost immediately with a fake grunt, it was full of pretence. And yet, he was not exactly running away from his lecturer though, only hiding behind the wall the moment he turned at the corner. When he saw him grumbled at the gumball that he stuck on the wall, he snickered.

It had been an interesting thing to do at university as of lately, chewing gum in class or everywhere, and the best part was once the sweetness was gone, he would stick it on the wall or on the toilet door.

However, what made things even more interesting was the expression of his acting teacher, Mr. Choi Minho, whenever he caught him, doing that. It was just priceless to be able to bother the uptight, newly hired (too handsome to be) lecturer.

Around one and a half year ago, Taemin developed this habit of chewing gum; he found it soothing when he had to perform an act in public for his final test, which then became his habit whenever he got nervous.

At first he was a good boy, but just recently, he found an art in sticking used gum to the wall, thanks to Mr. Choi.

The first time they caught each other’s eyes was on the first ever acting class that led by the new teacher few months ago, and it was when he watched Taemin timidly stuck it under the table, Mr. Choi whispered to him from behind him, saying, “Why don’t you openly stick it on the wall so that everyone can see?”

And oh, Taemin was a good student; he did what his teacher told him exactly.

Of course he got the deep gaze’s attention of his acting teacher, which made his heart skipped a beat. Mr. Choi let him go at the few first attempts, didn’t say anything to his bold action, but then he caught Taemin did the same thing again several times and flicked Taemin’s forehead with an addition of, “Why not create a shape so it will be an artful decoration on the wall?”

And he did as what he told again, as a very filial student he was.

It blew Mr. Choi’s head when one day he watched Taemin frowned in his class, tongue twisting, twirling awkwardly with his eyebrows connected, and the pinky tip sticking now and then with pale gum visibly peeking in between the teeth and twisting tongue.

It was such a view, to be blatantly honest. Ever heard people said that whoever good at shaping gum, was a good kisser? Mr. Choi immediately thought of it, because god bless, his student got a cute yet intriguing tongue.

Yet, he happened to hear the rumour one day; that Taemin was a good kisser, and it was not a secret anymore. Ask whoever he ever kissed if you didn’t believe it, he overheard his students talking. And they said Taemin wasn’t a who would accept a kiss or a touch willingly, they said he was just a bit experimental with his partners.

Thus, with that fact in head, he knew that in just few days of practice, Taemin could expertly shape his tasteless gumball into heart shape, flower– anything.

And of course, he boldly showed Mr. Choi his creation. Things just became more uncomfortable since then.

“You know, Lee-ssi, what I’ve been saying to you was just an irony. I don’t mean it literally. You should not stick gumball in anywhere but a paper, and throw it into the dustbin properly.”

Taemin watched his lecturer took out a tissue and demanded Taemin to spit his gum before he managed to stick it on the wall.

“Minho-ssi, why are you so stiff?”

“Mr. Choi.”

“Oh come on...” Taemin blew his lock out of boredom, “We’re neighbours.”

“But I’m your teacher.”

“We’re just 5 years apart.”

“It doesn’t change the fact that I’m your teacher. Now, if you mind, let me throw it for you. Spit it out.”

Taemin chewed furiously in front of Minho’s face and spat the gum onto the tissue.

“You’re no fun, Mr. Choi.”

“I have no intention of being fun for you anyway, now if you excuse me,” he patted Taemin’s head and walked off with a smile.

Oh yeah, that smile, Taemin liked it. He liked it to the point he wanted to crush the smile –with his lips most likely– and maybe, teasing him with more bubble gum on the wall so his smile would fade out just the shortest time. He hated how he smiled like that to everyone. If he was allowed to be selfish, it supposed to be only him whom Minho smiled at. Only that Minho wasn’t his, so he didn’t have the privilege to stop him smiling so endearingly to other people.

 

***

 

“Na-ah!” He heard that baritone voice from the back of his head, “Not again, Lee-ssi.”

Taemin turned around with a grin, there was something between his thumb and index finger, something sticky, pale, and heart shaped. He whistled as if he had been waiting to get called by that sinful thick voice.

“Why do you always show up whenever I try to stick my gumball on the wall?”

The younger played it innocent despite being a devil–

“I don’t think that’s the right question, Lee-ssi.”

“Just Taemin, please,” he battered his eyelashes for a moment, biting his inner lips as a bonus.

–or plainly seductive.

It became a lot more uncomfortable and it scared the hell out of him.

“No, thank you, Lee-ssi. Actually, the right question is: why do you always have to stick the gum onto the wall when I am around?”

“That’s not right. It’s you who always spy on me, isn’t it?”

“Or is it you who have an obsession to stick a gum with me as the witness?”

Taemin scoffed and pressed the gumball to the wall while mocking at Minho whose smile immediately faltering at the sight of Taemin’s fingers pressing the sticky gum against the wall. The big eyes went bigger as if it would explode when Taemin nodded in satisfaction at how his gum decorated the empty wall artistically. He just added a cute love gumball on the plain wall, he clicked his tongue, feeling satisfied with his job.

“Why don’t stick it to something else instead of our university wall?”

“Hmm, let’s see... Where?”

Taemin grinned widely at how Minho still gazing at the heart shaped gumball on the wall, he continued, “Maybe your bag? Or your shirt? Maybe your apartment door?”

“Lee Taemin...” He calmly warned him.

“Your face? Your lips?” He smiled so sweetly at Minho whom already started to let out a wet tissue to collect the gum. “Do you want to try it with me? It’s fun!”

“This is a bad habit, you know that?”

“Chewing gum?”

“No, doing this,” the teacher pointed at the gum he was trying to take off, there was still some pinky gum on the wall, “You should stop this.”

“I have to stop it?”

“Of course!” Minho wiped the wall and wrapped the tissue into a ball before he put it into the dustbin that Taemin tried to hide with his whole body.

“You’re destroying the university’s property,” he glared.

“It’s an art! I can show you how to make shapes. I’m good with that. Yeah-uhm, I’m very good at that, you know...”

“I can see that,” he pause, face a bit hot noticing how close they were, and he cursed himself for suddenly thinking about the said rumour, also the notion of being a good kisser out of a gumball artist; he cleared his throat and retreated, “but it’s not right.”

“What’s not right? My expert tongue?”

Taemin saw his mentor’s eyes shook and it made him giddy, he felt a confidence rush, and before he knew it, his feisty side was taking over, “Oh, I bet you can’t even make a heart shape.”

“You should throw the rubbish on the dustbin. That’s the right thing to do.”

Taemin took out another gum and started to chew it in front of Minho’s face.

The teacher sighed deeply, he was doing a mind control and smiled at Taemin in that very close range, “What are you trying to do, huh?”

“I’ll show you how good I am,” he chirped excitedly with a hint of seduction within his tone, “We can go to the cafe near our apartment so I can teach you how...”

He definitely liked how Minho’s eyes were distracted when he stuck his tongue out to blow a bubble, although failed hopelessly because it was still sweet, making his mentor smiled a bit at him. Taemin loved the attention that he got from Minho now, and he obviously head over heel over his lecturer’s smile.

“Don’t waste your time bothering me with that. You have lines to be memorised, right?”

“Did you just softly reject me?” Taemin asked, hand hovering his chest and frowned, “Because ouch! It hurts how you always reject me to a date.”

Minho laughed in disbelief, he walked away to avoid any other conversation with the younger; professional, he had to be professional and cool headed. Faintly he heard Taemin’s footsteps following behind him. He had to calm down, wash his face, and back to the teacher lounge.

“What is it?” The raven hair stopped his steps when Taemin poked his shoulder.

Taemin raised his index finger, wanting him to wait, and then stuck his tongue out with a butterfly shaped gum on it. The teacher shook his head with a small giggle when he saw the gum (which he didn’t suppose to let out).

It was mind-blowing, honestly. Not everyone could do that. But Taemin here, was trying to seduce him, so he wasn’t that impressed.

“I can show you more,” Taemin continued.

“Lee-ssi–” Minho knew he had to stop giving reaction to him, but it was pretty difficult since he was so cute.

“Don’t break my concentration, Minho.”

“For the thousandth times, it’s Mr. Choi.”

Taemin blinked annoyingly at the face, definitely mocking his inflexible acting teacher while his tongue busy shaping his gum into a cat head look alike, “Just a second!”

It was hilarious, seeing how Taemin’s eyes gathered in the middle just slightly when he concentrate, it was quite cute to see his chubby cheeks jiggling as he tried to show his new specialty in gum shaping art. But despite all the cuteness, his twisted tongue also his pouty lips that pursed and stretched, were a threat to Minho’s sanity. He couldn’t help staring or smiling at those plump lips even though he scolded himself for that.

“Tadaaa~” He stuck out the tongue showing Minho an almost perfect cat-like gum, “I need to improve but it’s pretty similar, right?”

“A dog?”

“A cat,” Taemin narrowed his eyes.

“You know what, Lee-ssi, that’s a good show. Thank you. Now, why don’t you go improve that tongue and mouth for our little acting class instead of gum chewing?”

He smiled warmly, because he knew scolding him wouldn’t do. He waved at the boy and walked away, sighing after turning around the corner; smile plastered on his face while the picture of Taemin’s cheek and Taemin’s lips kept replaying in his head. That was dangerous.

But Taemin was pretty much persistent.

“Minho!” Taemin caught his steps, Minho almost jumped and barely able to keep his cool at the sudden grip from the boy.

“It’s Mr. Choi, Lee-ssi.”

“It’s Minho to me, don’t be so pushy about that,” he gave Minho a piece of paper with heart shape gum stuck on it, “here, this is a token.”

“You’re....” Minho scrunched his eyes, “...nasty?”

“Thank you... And ah– I will give you one tomorrow too.”

“What? No, thank you, really...”

“If you hate it then I’ll just stick it on the wall. I can chew many.”

Minho shook his head, his patience was reaching his limit, so he took the boy by his shoulders, “Listen, I don’t get it why you keep bothering me with this. Just why?”

“Didn’t I make it obvious?”

“You want to annoy me as a new teacher, I know, and I play along with it until now, but I think it’s going overboard lately. You should stop this all.”

“No, you’re wrong,” Taemin was amused; he didn’t know Minho could be so naive. Or maybe it was Minho who hypnotised himself to believe that that was what Taemin wanted, to annoy him.

“At first I did want to annoy you just like the other kid, but then I kinda have a different goal. I want to make you to only pay attention to me, to my lips, because I want to kiss you. Geez, here I thought I made it all clear to your face, Minho.”

“I said it’s Mr. Choi! God!” Minho groaned, resulting Taemin’s smile grew wider.

Taemin scratched his hair waiting for Minho to absorb and register his words he threw at his face. Keeping his face straight was hard, his lips kept twitching and his blood slowly gathered around his cheeks. He held his breath when Minho’s eyebrows met and his forehead scrunched.

“Wait– what??”

That’s it, he thought. That was the reaction he wanted to see, big eyes rounded, mouth agape, and jaw hang low.

“Wow it took you 10 seconds.”

“What did you say?”

“I said it loud and clear, I refuse to repeat,” he stuck his tongue out.

“Uh– I– I think the students are waiting for me.”

Minho turned his heels almost immediately, only to be caught by his arm, a strong hold turned him around and his back hit the wall hardly. It didn’t hurt, just surprising. Moreover the lips that wasn’t his placed perfectly on his lips, taste like bubble gum and felt like silk.

Taemin kissed him.

This wasn’t a dream, because the younger was in front of his face. And did he let him move his lips against him? Oh yes, he did. He even closed his eyes and not so secretly returning it with a strong will to dominate the younger. He disliked how his student overpowering him.

He knew this was wrong; running his hand behind his student’s neck was wrong, melding his lips deeper to his student’s lips was wrong.

Everything was a chaos.

“I know you’ve been staring at me when I’m chewing gum, or gulp whenever I pop a bubble,” Taemin whispered to his lips.

The teacher hesitantly deepened his kiss once again before he breathed out, “This isn’t right.”

Yet this felt so right. He couldn’t deny it. He didn’t want to part. Taemin was indeed a good kisser, his lips were the definition of perfection and sin, even when the tongues weren’t involved – only some on the lips. He would want to keep him if he was introduced to Taemin’s tongue.

 “What is not right? Is it my pretty face? Or my cute plump lips? Or my tongue that’s inviting? Do you want to taste it, Minho?” The younger boy smirked, Minho unattached himself from the devil and ran his fingers through his hair, Taemin was without a doubt a threat to his sanity.

“You know I’m an expert in tongue twisting, right? If not now, next time then?”

“No,” he walked away with a flustered face; did he just think about accepting his offer? Oh, God!

“You know I want you, right, Mr. Choi?”

 

 

 


HAPPY 2MIN ANNIVERSARY!!! I can't imagine myself still celebrating this date for straight 6 years omg... My 2min have matured over years, and it makes me so happy yet sad. I miss those cuties, those amazing years when they just debuted and those years where 2min shippers are everywhere and their moments are overwhelming. Yet I'm never disappointed with the now 2min, who is now very subtle, the chemistry and feeling is stronger (call me delusional, but boo hoo, that's the way I want to think) despite the rarity of interaction. Although, I really don't mind if they have their moment as often as their earlier years, because I want to die over and over again whenever they do something. And I hope by witnessing them again, I could find or remember what makes me write in the first place. I want to feel the sparks again, and whenever someone mention 2min, I will know how love feel and something to write about.

Anyhow, happy 2min day, dear all subbies^^ I hope you enjoy reading this story! Don't forget to leave a comment and upvote if you think this is good (even though I'm not that confident you would like this one, because it , forgive me...). Please pardon the grammatical error^^;;

love, hug, kiss,

aqcelnicorus :D