[3/3] Born This Way

There's No Post On Sundays! (And Expulsion Trumps Dying in Priorities)

Born This Way: Part 3 of the prequel to "Coffee and Criminals"

Minkyung x Kyungwon, featuring members of Pledis Girlz/Pristin & Kim Chungha from M&H/I.O.I


“How does this place sound? It’s got a decent backyard. Not a lot of traffic.”

“But that suburb is really pricy. The district’s private school is one of the best in the country.”

“Oh, right. Well how about this one? Looks really nice.”

“Yeah, it does. Roomy flat with full amenities and includes Wi-Fi. That’s important. Your tournament cut off last time. I’m sorry about that.”

“Don’t sweat it. I pulled myself back up on the leaderboards. Ooh, it’s even within walking distance of the Underground. Oh, wait…”

“What’s wrong?”

“The three lower floors had a pest infestation a few months ago. We probably shouldn’t risk it.”

“Ew. What about this one? Looks like the last one sans the infestation report.”

“I’ve seen this place before. The pictures are fake. The building is practically crumbling.”

“People these days. Well, this one looks promising. Never mind. Tenants have filed multiple complaints about the taps. They run on and off. And when they do, there’s barely any hot water.”

“Christ. Adulting is hard.”

Kyungwon sighed heavily and rested her aching head on Minkyung’s lap. The older girl threaded her fingers through her girlfriend’s silky hair, feeling thoroughly frustrated herself. Minkyung glanced at the snoring clock on her wall. A large blue hand ran along the circumference and landed on Venus. A stubby red hand pointed at Mercury. The squiggly violet hand snapped towards Orion. Obviously, it was midnight on the fourteenth of June, exactly one year since she and Kyungwon had graduated from Berkshire Academy.

The throbbing in Kyungwon’s skull subsided as Minkyung continued to play with her hair. They stared at each other in comfortable silence, their heads slightly numb.

Minkyung and Kyungwon had spent the last few weekends surfing the internet for a place to call their own in the Muggle world. It was by no means a declaration to isolate themselves from the wizarding world, however.

For the past year, Minkyung willingly held two jobs. She spent half of the week working as an assistant manager at a high-end herb shop in downtown London. The rest of the week, she traveled to Diagon Alley and worked at Slug & Jiggers Apothecary prepping ingredients for preservation and sale. She even met Professor Slughorn over the summer and had a nice long chat about Yewon, his prized N.E.W.T. pupil, over a box of crystallized pineapple.

Kyungwon wanted to get serious and applied for various “realistic” jobs to save money for her and Minkyung’s future. She wasn’t the greatest student, but her transcript was above average thanks to her girlfriend. Despite Kyungwon receiving a decent number of calls for interviews, Minkyung had strongly disapproved of this. One of the reasons she fell in love with Kyungwon was because she never let anyone dictate her passions and desires in life. As soon as Minkyung saw the tabs on Kyungwon’s laptop about job postings at office firms, she knew Kyungwon would hate the nine-to-five routines.

So with Minkyung’s support, Kyungwon dabbled in selling her artwork in the city. Surprisingly, she had a fair amount of customers daily. Her conversational skills were a huge asset. People would peruse her collection over the course of a few days before finally settling on a piece. Kyungwon earned enough to rent a proper stall. There was one incident in which Minkyung tagged along and concluded Kyungwon’s beauty might’ve had a tad influence on her success.

“I’m pretty sure those boys stole cash from their parents and bought anything you had on the table just to talk to you,” Minkyung had said, referring to the group of teenagers who were punching each other and glancing back at them.

Kyungwon grinned at her girlfriend. “You wouldn’t happen to be jealous, would you?”

“No,” replied Minkyung slyly. She knew full well she had Kyungwon’s devotion. That was made terribly obvious by Kyungwon’s wandering eyes. Minkyung may or may not have purposely worn black jean shorts that day to highlight her milky white legs that went on for miles.

“Good, because I don’t have eyes for pubescent boys. Only goddesses named Minkyung,” said Kyungwon distractedly. She had somehow ended up right next to Minkyung when she had been fixing her display across the table five seconds ago.

Awkwardly enough, a woman had walked up to Kyungwon’s collection a minute later. The metal employee name tag pinned to her shirt read Minkyung.

Kyungwon also experimented with magical doodles; Nayoung resupplied her with ink as part of birthday or Christmas packages. Kyungwon strolled into Diagon Alley and before she had even chosen a spot to sit, a witch stopped her to look at the canvas underneath her arm. Five minutes later, Kyungwon’s pocket was three Galleons fuller.

Minkyung and Kyungwon were doing so well, they opened up a vault at Gringotts since they were constantly in and out exchanging Muggle and wizarding money. When they had enough saved up, they decided to look for a place together. Their parents assured them time and again that they could live at home until they had a clear direction of what they wanted to do. While their families were quite well off, Minkyung and Kyungwon felt the need to prove they could carry their own. Their parents backed off but remained nothing less than supportive.

“I just can’t anymore,” yawned Kyungwon, cuddling up to her girlfriend’s stomach. Minkyung giggled tiredly and wrapped her covers around them both.

~|~|~|~

“What are you craving?”

“Maybe mocha or chocolate chip. Vanilla bean looks good too.”

“Oh my God. Minkyung. Minkyung. Minkyung!” Kyungwon pawed at her girlfriend’s arm.

“Stop hyperventilating and speak properly,” laughed Minkyung.

“There’s an Iron Man themed frappé!” Kyungwon squealed.

“Red velvet flavored, topped with caramel drizzle and an Iron Man chocolate square. Available for a limited time,” Minkyung read off the promotional banner. But before she could agree, Kyungwon had ordered two of them and was waiting at the pick-up counter with a sheepish grin.

“Glad you two are still going strong.”

“Merlin! Where did you come from?!” Hissed Minkyung, holding her hand over her heart.

“My name’s Nayoung,” the witch smirked when Minkyung had turned around. “Medium hot coffee, cream and sugar,” she ordered. She paid the cashier and nudged Minkyung along.

“Hey! It’s been a while. How’s training?” Chirped Kyungwon.

“It’s vigorous work but I’m doing fine. The senior members look more and more like starving Chimaeras every time someone screws up,” sighed Nayoung. She thanked the barista and the three sat down at a vacant table.

“Are you off today?” Asked Minkyung. She hadn’t spoken to her friend since February and was slightly dreading the minute Nayoung would have to run off to the Ministry again.

Nayoung gave a derisive snort and spoke in a low voice. “There’s no such thing as a day off when Kahi Park is your Auror mentor. I’ve only just returned from a month-long boot camp in the Alps. No wands permitted. She gave us the day to regrow our bones.”

Kyungwon choked on her frappé. “Excuse me? Did you say regrow? What exactly were you doing in the mountains?”

“I don’t want to say, mainly because my sore muscles are acting up at the mere memory of it.” Nayoung rolled her shoulders and cricked her neck with a grimace. “I got out fine. Chungha on the other hand… Well, she’s a trooper. Laughed her way to St. Mungo’s on a stretcher as soon as we arrived. Although she could’ve just been in shock,” she mumbled thoughtfully.

“Since you’re in one piece, maybe you could stop by my house? Yewon and Yebin would love to see you again. Unless you need to rest, of course,” suggested Minkyung hopefully.

“Actually, I spoke to them this morning. Thought I should congratulate them on completing their magical education. We talked about their career options. I made a proposal and they told me where to find you,” said Nayoung.

Minkyung and Kyungwon raised their eyebrows. “Why us? Did they want our approval?” Kyungwon almost laughed at the idea of Yebin wanting her opinion on anything.

Nayoung leaned forward. “My proposal actually extends to all four of you. Yewon and Yebin have agreed to their half of the deal without hesitation. I said they should think about it a bit more seriously but they were enthusiastic enough to ask for a contract. So now I just need to clue you two in.”

“Should we be afraid?” Minkyung asked, shooting Nayoung a suspicious look.

Nayoung continued without answering. “They told me you two are looking for a place to settle down. And though you’re quite successful as is, I thought you’d like a bit more stability than being a dual-world florist and a freelance artist.”

Minkyung and Kyungwon nodded slowly with a mix of skepticism and curiosity.

“Here’s my proposal. I want you all to come live and work with me.”

Minkyung waited for Nayoung to explain. The witch stared back at the couple, casually sipping her coffee and trying to hide the pain of lifting her arm.

“I need the fine print,” said Kyungwon bluntly, though her eager eyes betrayed her voice.

Nayoung clasped her hands on the table in a businesslike manner. “During the boot camp, we spent a week training with German Aurors. We made an exchange of recruits. As it turns out, the one from our side was my flatmate. Now that she’s no longer in Britain, I don’t want to rent the place alone. I was hoping to move into a permanent residence somewhere else in London.”

“I see,” said Kyungwon, her imaginary beard. Though in reality, she understood nothing.

“My superior told me I was progressing incredibly well and that I might be given a standalone position, as soon as a month after I complete training next year. She said I’m nearly up to scratch with any other Auror at the Office. So in anticipation of that, I want to form my own home base and crew. And it just so happens my plan aligns perfectly with what you four need.”

“We’re definitely searching for a place and it sounds great to move in with you. But I don’t see how we,” Minkyung waved her finger between herself and Kyungwon, “can help you out with work.” Kyungwon murmured her agreement.

To the couple’s surprise, Nayoung smiled as if they had reached the best part of her proposal. “Yewon and Yebin are fresh out of school and need a job. I’d like to offer all four of you not only a place to live, but steady work.” Nayoung dropped her voice to a whisper. “My job description includes being adept in several areas of magic, but it’s useless if I’m unconscious or disarmed. Yewon’s brilliance in Potions and your extensive knowledge in Herbology, not to mention you grow your own high quality ingredients, would really help me out,” she said to Minkyung.

“That makes sense. You’d need a constant stock of antidotes and poisons,” nodded Kyungwon. “But what can Yebin and I do for you? She’s great at Charms and even made it to upper level Transfiguration. But I thought you’d need to perform most of that stuff on your own.”

Nayoung’s smile only grew wider. “You’ve got the skills of a clothing designer.”

Kyungwon was caught off-guard by the random compliment. She did make a few sketches for a project Yebin had, but a career in fashion never crossed her mind. And what did this have to do with Nayoung catching dark wizards for a living?

“That boot camp proved that mankind is deadly, with or without wands. But rather than reinforce my dependence on magic, I realized I could use this to my advantage.”

“So you want us to make you clothes?” Kyungwon deadpanned, unintentionally sounding rude.

“I want you to provide weapons and armor,” Nayoung clarified calmly.

Kyungwon was speechless. Even Minkyung blurted out an incredulous “What?”

Nayoung concluded a few extra details needed to be hammered out. She turned to Kyungwon. “Do you know what Yebin created from your sketches?”

“Some sort of costume,” said Kyungwon slowly. “It wasn’t a costume, was it?”

Nayoung shook her head. “She lost a huge bet with a housemate and as payment, the student requested dueling robes. She made it into a personal project. She crafted a leather suit from your drafts, complete with a few enchantments. Her last product was a titanium chest plate. She charmed it to be nearly weightless. It fits naturally under robes, perhaps Muggle clothing too, and deflects a good amount of hexes before denting. It was fantastic to have for boot camp.”

“I never knew that,” muttered Kyungwon softly. She felt Minkyung interlock their fingers but continued to stare blankly at the puddle of condensation under her drink. Why hadn’t Yebin told her? She would’ve been so proud. She is proud. Her sister was coming into her own as an accomplished witch. Kyungwon was happy that Yebin found her calling.

As if reading Kyungwon’s mind, Nayoung said, “She didn’t want to tell you until she was absolutely satisfied. She always found a flaw in her products. If the first piece she showed you was going to define your perception of her as a witch, she wanted it to be perfect.”

There was a dull weight in Kyungwon’s gut. How much of an ignorant sister had she been for Yebin to put so much pressure on herself?

“Yebin looks up to you,” said Minkyung soothingly. “She knows you care about her and everything she does, and vice versa, even if you two don’t say it.”

“If it makes a difference, she didn’t tell me any of this outright. I kind of weaseled it out of her when I caught her smuggling in materials during a visit to the school. She’s still intimidated by me even though I left two years ago,” added Nayoung in a light tone.

After a moment of silence, Kyungwon spoke, her hoarse voice surprising the other two. “That’s my gremlin,” she croaked. Minkyung sighed in relief and pulled Kyungwon into a side-hug.

Nayoung let out a short laugh and leaned forward. “So, about my proposal. What do you say?”

~|~|~|~

“Minkyung.”

This bed is so warm.

“Minkyung?”

And soft.

“Wakey-wakey…”

Whose lovely voice is serenading me on this fine morning?

“Minkyung…”

And why does it suddenly sound so seductive?

Minkyung didn’t even have a second to collect her thoughts before they were wiped clean from her mind. After what seemed like a decade of pent-up passion condensed into one very intense kiss, Kyungwon pulled away with a satisfied smirk. Except the first thing that graced Minkyung’s sight was not her girlfriend’s alluring gaze nor playful grin from above.

“One of these days, will you put on a damn shirt?!”

Minkyung frantically rolled over, forming a makeshift den out of the covers to shield her eyes from Kyungwon’s cleavage. And here she thought she had gotten used to Kyungwon’s choice of sleepwear—very short shorts and a low-cut fitted tank top. Alright, perhaps trapping herself in a duvet was a bad idea. Her entire body flushed enough to turn the bed into a sauna. Feeling extremely breathless, Minkyung threw off the blankets and glanced over her shoulder. Of course Kyungwon was now lying on the bed next to her, posing like a lingerie model. Her hair glowed in the soft sunlight. Her long legs looked just as golden.

“You don’t sound like you want me to,” said Kyungwon in a low, husky voice.

Minkyung groaned and rolled back over to hug the nice, plain, white wall. Kyungwon’s lip bite was the last thing she needed to see. ’Twas wishful thinking to hope for a calm morning.

“Are you going to do this every day now that we have our own room?” Minkyung sighed.

“Don’t act like you don’t want it,” giggled Kyungwon as she cuddled up to Minkyung’s back.

I want it too much, thought Minkyung bitterly. She was trying so hard to control herself and Kyungwon being Kyungwon didn’t help one bit.

“Are you really not going to get up?” Minkyung could hear the fake pout in Kyungwon’s voice and was determined not to fall for it. “I guess I’ll wake up Nayoung then.”

“Put on a shirt,” Minkyung deadpanned, her voice slightly muffled by her pillow.

“Nah, I don’t think I will.” Kyungwon had somehow verbally conveyed her smirk.

Now, Minkyung was not one to get jealous. That was Kyungwon’s job. But she was possessive over her girlfriend’s figure. Kyungwon’s body was for her eyes only despite consistently blushing at the glorious sight of it. So with great difficulty, Minkyung rolled out of bed, threw an oversized hoodie and a pair of sweatpants at Kyungwon’s cackling face, and went to wake up the others.

Sensing human presence, the handleless door swung open. Minkyung admired the intricate designs she and Kyungwon had engraved into the central rosewood panel. She also appreciated Yebin’s tools, which were enchanted to imbue a sort of signature during use. It meant they could walk freely into, out of, and throughout the house without the use of a wand.

“Nayoung?” Minkyung called and knocked on the door opposite her and Kyungwon’s room.

She heard a muffled “Hmm?” accompanied by the ruffle of blankets and soft footsteps. A second later, the door swung open.

“Morning sunshine! You’re due at the Ministry in two hours,” said Minkyung, stifling her laugh.

Nayoung didn’t even have her eyes open and was leaning dangerously against the doorframe. Her adorably round head lobbed to the side, hitting the wood with a dull thud.

“Ow…” Whined Nayoung, rubbing the sore spot. “What time is it?” She slurred.

Minkyung glanced at her wrist lacking any accessories. “It’s five thirty. Want breakfast?”

Nayoung gave another mindless hum before padding back into her room and face-planting onto her bed. Minkyung left her alone. She knew the thought of showing up late to Auror Kahi’s training session was enough to scare Nayoung into a habit of punctuality. Minkyung entertained the idea that Kyungwon could’ve used a Kahi during their school days.

“Yebin-man!” Hollered Kyungwon as she ran down the corridor to the room by the stairs.

Minkyung winced, knowing Yebin was not a morning person. Neither was Kyungwon unless she wanted to annoy her sister. Or run up my blood pressure, thought Minkyung.

“Hey-oh… Uh, I’ll just show myself out.”

Minkyung crossed her arms and waited to hear what Kyungwon had done wrong. Her girlfriend backed out of the room with a sheepish grin and scurried over to her in front of Nayoung’s door. In Minkyung’s opinion, tall people did not look graceful whilst scurrying in sweats.

Kyungwon tried to contain her giggles. “It seems that, um, Yewon woke Yebin up. Aha!”

“And?”

“Ahem. Nothing. Bye.”

Kyungwon dashed back into their bedroom to wash up. What in the world did Kyungwon see to make her so giddy? Minkyung’s attention was drawn to two heads popping out of a doorway.

“You kids alright?” She asked suspiciously.

“Swell,” said Yebin flatly, her expression unamused.

“We’re fine,” said Yewon, cheerful as one could be at the crack of dawn. She pulled Yebin back into the room and the door shut behind them.

Two hours later, Nayoung left for training while the rest of the girls busied themselves with housework. Yebin was diligently setting up her workshop in one of the back rooms on the first floor. Across the hall, Yewon split a giant room into a small living room and a Potions station. One corner was fixed with glass cabinets full of instruments, storage cupboards along the back counter, a large industrial sink, and a clean marble island for brewing and prepping ingredients. The adjacent corner was completely overgrown by giant leaves and singing flowers. There was a door that led to a vast greenhouse full of magical plants, well-hidden by a curtain of vines.

“How much do you think Nayoung pays in property taxes? Shouldn’t we help out?”

“Minkyung, this mansion is technically on like twenty square feet of Muggle land. But if you insist, we can write her a check. I don’t think she’ll take it though. I tried paying her back for a meal and found a pouch on my stall table with twice as much money and a pebble on top.”

Kyungwon still found the entire situation bizarre. After Minkyung and she had agreed to Nayoung’s proposal, the witch brought them before two decrepit buildings with soot lining the boarded up windows. As if this wasn’t mind-boggling enough, Nayoung corrected them and pointed at the rusty gate guarding the gap between the buildings. Minkyung wanted to slap her friend over the head. Kyungwon was curious to see just how far Nayoung would go.

Nayoung had calmly requested for the couple to link arms with her. Glancing up and down the empty street, she pulled out her wand, waved it slowly across the gate, and walked forward. Minkyung followed with confident footsteps though her expression was wary. Kyungwon, on the other hand, was wondering why they weren’t stopping in front of the very solid-looking barrier. Expecting to jam her knee between the bars, Kyungwon was surprised to find herself standing before a vast cement lot with a lush lawn. And so began their house-building project.

Minkyung and Kyungwon were now in the process of transferring Minkyung’s greenhouse to their newly completed home. Most of the plants had settled in nicely. Some of the Fanged Geraniums were a bit grumpy and tried to bite Kyungwon’s fingers off. They never liked her much. She supposed it was because she accidentally sprayed them with saline instead of sugar water. Minkyung had to calm them down. When moving time came around, she took on the job of coaxing them into pots and assigned Kyungwon to Puffapod duty instead.

“Where should I put this?” Huffed Kyungwon.

“Where the door and back counter meet,” said Minkyung.

Kyungwon plopped the Tundra Trunk onto a small box of bedrock and dusted some soil around it. Right on cue, a herd of Leaping Toadstools hopped at Kyungwon’s feet before jumping into the box and nudging their stems into the dirt. Minkyung placed its brother, the Scorching Stump, at the other end of the miniature forest. This stump had fiery veins that seemed to pulse with lava. At sunrise, noon, and sunset, the Tundra Trunk would let out its sapphire icy flame and crystallize the nearby plants. The Scorching Stump released a blood-red geyser of scalding water and bathed the surrounding vegetation in steam.

“Hey, guys. I’ve got something to show you,” said Yebin, waltzing into the room.

Yewon placed the last of her glassware into the cabinets and joined Minkyung and Kyungwon at the end of the marble island.

“I made housewarming gifts to celebrate our first day. This one’s for you.” Yebin handed Yewon a brand new cauldron.

“I thought you were repairing the pewter one,” said Yewon in pleasant surprise.

“This would suit your abilities better. It’s twice as durable as Potage’s best copper cauldron, it’s lightweight, and won’t corrode from the exotic ingredients you’ll have to use to brew potions for Nayoung,” said Yebin proudly.

“You’re so thoughtful! And brilliant to have made this. It’s perfect. Thank you, Yebin!” Said Yewon in complete awe, smiling until her cheeks rounded up and her eyes disappeared into crescents.

She hugged Yebin tightly around the waist. Yebin had gone into a sort of a trance, a goofy smile plastered on her face, until an obnoxious cough slapped her back into reality. The short witch glared at her sister who smirked back. Minkyung slapped her girlfriend’s arm for interrupting such a cute moment. Yewon didn’t seem to have noticed and gave Yebin a peck on the cheek.

“These are for you two,” said Yebin, her tone bordering on bashful due to Yewon’s affectionate actions, joy at providing a helpful tool for Minkyung, and irritation at Kyungwon for being a .

Minkyung jumped at the strange sound coming from her right. It was a cross between a deep chuckle and a high-pitched giggle.

“Oh ho ho… No, you didn’t! Are these Light Sabers?!” Kyungwon exclaimed excitedly. She picked up a silver handle resembling a flashlight.

Yebin gave her half a smile, relieved that she had distracted Kyungwon with something shiny. “Since you two can’t perform Severing Charms, I thought these would come in handy. The design was my touch of custom flare. Hey! Put me down!”

Kyungwon had scooped up her bite-sized sister and spun in a circle before planting Yebin unsteadily on the ground.

“I’m guessing this has some cultural significance other than being a sword that emits photons,” laughed Minkyung, examining her own gadget.

“Oh my God, we haven’t even watched Star Wars yet. I have failed you as your girlfriend! Put it on the list!” With a loud whoop, Kyungwon ran into the greenhouse.

Past the vines and through the open doorway, Minkyung, Yewon, and Yebin watched as Kyungwon fidgeted with the device. A bright blue beam of light shot out from the silver hilt. She stared back at the trio with her jaw wide open. After a moment of spazzing, she skipped over to a row of Venomous Tentaculas.

“Psh, what an idiot. Star Trek beats Star Wars hands down,” scoffed Yebin.

Despite her tone, Minkyung spotted the satisfied grin spreading across the little Kang’s face as her sister sliced off leaves with dramatic pivots. Minkyung faced the door and smiled softly at the sight. Kyungwon was totally a dork. A geeky dork. Her geeky dork.

Minkyung’s eyes widened in horror. “K-Kyungwon! Wait! Those aren’t mature yet!” She darted into the greenhouse and forcefully dragged her girlfriend away from the young potted Mandrakes, which began wailing and tossing up their soil. Their leaves would live another day.

~|~|~|~

“Help me organize my thoughts?”

Kyungwon nodded and pulled up a chair. “Shoot.”

“Something portable, heavy on the offense, fits in a belt sheath. How does a short sword with runic inscriptions sound?” Asked Yebin, drawing rough sketches on an enormous chalkboard.

Kyungwon tapped her chin thoughtfully for a moment, then rose from her seat and picked up a piece of chalk. “Runes magically reinforce the weapon, right? I think you should decrease the size to about the length of a dagger. It’s easily maneuverable and allows for greater agility. Since it’s smaller, you can attach sheath slots onto a chest plate. Somewhere on the back or even the shoulder.” Kyungwon hastily drew new diagrams underneath Yebin’s with greater finesse and detail. She shaded in the sharp edge of the hypothetical blade by habit. “That frees up space for weapons or pouches that must be placed on a belt.”

“Strength is my main concern. It has to be durable and powerful,” said Yebin skeptically.

“What about changing the rune combinations? Engrave bigger characters?” Asked Kyungwon.

“The order of the runes is indisputable. That determines what effect the weapon has. But I suppose we can make them larger,” agreed Yebin.

“If you’re worried about density, you could always start with a thicker blade and sharpen both sides. Engrave the runes in the center,” suggested Kyungwon.

Yebin snapped her fingers. “Right. If I can engrave the runes deeper, that subtle difference will increase their effect. And if the blade is thicker to begin with, it’s not likely to shatter on impact.”

Kyungwon grinned and patted her sister on the back. “I’ll draft up some designs.”

“Awesome sauce,” sang Yebin. “I’ll start on the blade and hilt bases. Could you also format the sheaths on an armor template?” Yebin did a small fist pump at Kyungwon’s hum of assent.

“Oh, my babies,” sniffed Minkyung proudly, wiping away a fake tear.

“They’re really charismatic when they’re focused,” commented Yewon.

“They’re adorable when they’re not bickering,” added Minkyung.

“We can hear you!” Chorused the Kang sisters without looking up from their work. They had difficulty keeping the corners of their lips from tugging upwards.

“Love you both!” Minkyung called back from the doorway.

“Same! I m-mean, keep up the good work!” Yewon coughed and quickly retreated to the lab.

Minkyung shot her a look of curious amusement. “Did my little Yewonie just stutter?”

Yewon ignored Minkyung’s teasing tone and stared determinedly at her cauldron. She squeezed a fat maroon bean, releasing its juices into the brew.

“Your hand is shaking,” said Minkyung from behind, eyeing the few droplets on the counter.

“N-no it’s not!” Yewon closed her eyes and bit her lip in frustration, having given herself away.

Minkyung took a mortar and pestle out from the cupboard. She dropped in five sizzling red peppercorns and began grinding them into a fine powder. Bending her knees to match Yewon’s height, she whispered, “Yebin looks pretty cool crafting weapons, doesn’t she?”

“W-what?” Yewon yelped and knocked over a bottle of armadillo bile. “Scourgify,” she mumbled. The thick, yellowish spill vanished. With a jab over her shoulder, she summoned a new bottle.

“Headstrong, skilled, extremely caring while making it seem like no big deal. Sounds like girlfriend material to me,” continued Minkyung.

“I-I don’t know w-what you’re t-talking about,” muttered Yewon timidly, adding three spoonfuls of bile into the cauldron.

Minkyung sprinkled in some of her ground peppercorns. The powder crackled feebly. “What are you making again?” She asked abruptly.

“Stinging gas. Once this solution has cooled, I can bottle it up with a solute. If Nayoung throws a vial at the ground, the potion and solute will react spontaneously given sufficient oxygen. It should evaporate immediately and fill an entire room with gas that stings your eyes and lungs—”

Yewon’s eyes widened as she realized Minkyung clearly knew what she was making. Her sister had finished adding the ground peppercorns and moved onto prepping a round purple fruit. Sliced Shrivelfigs was an ingredient Yewon needed to add five steps later. The young witch pouted and ruffled her hair.

“Where, oh where, has Yewon’s stutter gone?” Sang Minkyung.

“Minkyung!” Yewon whined and shook her sister’s arm, resulting in a trapezoidal Shrivelfig slice.

“You don’t seem to mind hugging Yebin in front of us, or kissing her on the cheek.”

“Because I only think of her when I do that.” Yewon slapped her hand over in an attempt to keep anything else from tumbling out. Feeling more frustrated than ever, she just hugged Minkyung and whined into her sister’s shoulder.

Minkyung grinned at having struck gold. She rubbed Yewon’s back and rocked them back and forth. “So when’s your first date?” She teased.

“Nmbrr,” said Yewon, her voice muffled by Minkyung’s sweater.

“What was that?” Minkyung leaned back to hear Yewon properly.

“Never. I don’t know.” Yewon heaved a deep sigh. “I can’t tell if she even knows I like her.”

Minkyung physically recoiled with an incredulous expression on her face. “You’re joking, right?”

Yewon gave her an exasperated look. “You’d think it would be obvious. But Yebin also isn’t the type to wear her heart on her sleeve. She’s always got that laid back vibe, that life is going exactly as planned even if it isn’t. It’s harder to tell what she’s thinking now.”

“But she likes you! Everyone knows that. Look at how much she dotes on you. She gets all shy around you, more than you used to be as a kid,” said Minkyung, trying to keep her voice from carrying across the hall. Luckily, the cauldron was now at a rumbling boil.

“Does she though?” Asked Yewon, her voice laced with desperation. “Kyungwon treated you well. It was so obvious to everyone else that she liked you, but you didn’t think so. What if things don’t turn out that way for me? What if Yebin’s just being a really good friend? What if being that close actually makes her uncomfortable, but she just accepts it to avoid sounding mean?”

Minkyung watched as Yewon stirred two long porcupine quills into the cauldron. They softened and sunk along the sides like spaghetti in a pot of water. Yewon pouted at the spines, prodding them so they would submerge faster. Minkyung couldn’t help but think Yewon’s cheeks were absolutely squish-worthy. She clasped her hands behind her back as it would be inappropriate to coddle Yewon when the girl was feeling so conflicted.

“Well,” said Minkyung softly, “I know it hurts to imagine Yebin doesn’t feel the same, but I really think she does. There are subtle differences when she’s with you than when she talks to me, Kyungwon, or Nayoung. It’s worth it to ask. You might regret it if you don’t.”

“You can only say that because you and Kyungwon are together now,” said Yewon slowly.

“Maybe. But you know, even though it worked out, I regret not saying it earlier. Imagine how frustrated we both must have been holding our feelings in.”

“But…” Yewon’s mouth opened and closed helplessly. Nothing came out.

Minkyung smiled patiently. “Go for it. Be bold,” she said with a small shrug.

Yewon felt a nostalgic boost of strength that always accompanied Minkyung’s simple words. “I’ll think about it,” she said quietly.

She added two bulbs of Pungous Onions into the cauldron with her wand. Odorous steam billowed from the bubbling liquid, making her eyes water and itch. She stepped back and fanned away the fumes. Searching through the fog, she saw Minkyung in her leafy corner.

“I’ll gather some Bloodroot,” coughed Minkyung, making up an excuse.

“The potion doesn’t contain that,” wheezed Yewon. But her sister had already disappeared.

Minkyung walked deep into her sanctuary of purified air. “Yewon doesn’t need Bloodroot, but she does need some Baneberries for poison,” she muttered to herself. She strode towards the single bush growing in the back when she froze halfway down the aisle. “Kyungwon!”

Yebin lifted her foot off the pedal of her grinding stone, the sparks from the blade in her hand fading as they fell. “Did you hear something?”

Kyungwon took out her earplugs and looked up from her sketchpad. “No?”

Yewon rushed into the room holding a ladle. “Kyungwon, I think you’re in trouble…”

“I didn’t do anything,” assured Kyungwon. She stood up and led the other two back into the lab. At the sound of her name, she turned to the open greenhouse door. She immediately shrunk back under Minkyung’s scornful glare.

Minkyung crossed her arms and spoke in a controlled voice. “Explain.”

Kyungwon tentatively glanced further in and cringed. Two full-grown Venomous Tentaculas were whipping their thorny vines at each other in a fierce battle. One of them had several chopped off, littering the soil with chunks of green. The other raised one thick vine into the air and slashed downwards with Kyungwon’s blue Severing Charm Light Saber.

Kyungwon grinned sheepishly. “Ah, yes, that. Well you see, I—” She turned tail and dashed out of the room screaming, “Love you, Mingrringrring!”

~|~|~|~

Yewon meticulously carved off a ribbon of excess dough and added it to a floured bowl. Dusting off her hands, she checked the pots of simmering fruit reductions on the stove. Yewon plucked a spoon out of the air and tasted a diced strawberry. Satisfied with the sweetness, she turned off the stove and the other spoons stopped stirring, becoming lifeless and ordinary.

“The chocolate chip muffins are done,” said Minkyung, pulling two pans out of the oven. She placed them on the kitchen table to cool. Eyeing the bowl of discarded pie crust ts, she patted them into a ball and began rolling out a new sheet of dough.

“I wish we had ice cream to eat with them,” said Yewon. She flicked her wand at the three pots. They portioned out strawberry, peach, and lingonberry jam into three trays of raw dough cups.

“I’ll get some after we’re done. Here’s the extras,” said Minkyung cheerfully. She pushed over a fourth pan with perfectly molded miniature cups which the pots filled with leftover jam.

Yewon and Minkyung each grabbed two trays and slid them onto the oven racks. A timer shaped like a coffee cup awoke. It waddled to the edge of the counter, opened its lid like a mouth, and majestically shouted, “Thirty minutes for tarts!” like a town herald. Minkyung pulled out a chair by the kitchen table. Yewon bewitched a beater to whip cream and sugar in a bowl.

Yewon stood with her back leaning against the counter. “So for my next potion, I was thinking—”

At that moment, Kyungwon stormed into the kitchen, disregarded the three empty chairs by the table, and promptly sat on Minkyung’s lap. Minkyung quickly wrapped her arms around Kyungwon’s waist to keep her from falling.

“Is everything alright?” Said Minkyung warily. She was baffled by her girlfriend’s odd behavior and lightly kissed Kyungwon’s shoulder in the hopes of making her feel better.

Kyungwon channeled her inner Nayoung. “She won’t let me into the workshop until her project is finished.” Her face and voice were void of emotion.

“You mean Yebin?” Asked Yewon, sharing a look with Minkyung.

Kyungwon nodded wordlessly.

“Did you fight?” Added Minkyung.

Kyungwon shook her head.

Minkyung studied Kyungwon’s profile and poked her cheek. “Are you sulking?”

Kyungwon immediately pouted and burst into a speech. “She won’t tell me anything! She just said, ‘Have a good vacation!’ and kicked me out! I was in the middle of drawing her some lance thingy when she had an epiphany. Rude. It’s a rude epiphany! And what nonsense, a vacation. We live here, we work here. Does she want to ship me off to South Korea or something?”

Minkyung bit back a laugh. “Didn’t you want to see some Bye & Hi concert over there?”

Yes, but that’s not the point!” Kyungwon whined. She cradled Minkyung’s head like it was a stuffed animal that would solve all of her petty problems. Yebin Kang was a jerk. A jerk who should’ve sent Kyungwon to South Korea if she was barred from the workshop anyway.

Minkyung felt her cheeks getting sore from smiling at her cute, sulking girlfriend. Feeling a bit guilty for enjoying this, she invited Kyungwon on her ice cream run while Yewon watched over the treats baking in the oven. By the time they returned, Yewon had just finished adding dollops of whipped cream onto the tarts. She turned to greet them and almost burst out laughing. Kyungwon looked much happier a rainbow spiral lollipop. Patting Kyungwon’s head on the way in, Minkyung winked at Yewon and set the tub on the counter.

She prepared a plate with three tarts, a muffin, and a scoop of ice cream for her and Kyungwon to share, seeing as how her girlfriend would not relinquish her lollipop. Yewon made a second plate and delivered it to Yebin.

Kyungwon took her place on Minkyung’s lap. “If Yebin let’s her in, I swear—”

“Shh. Eat,” said Minkyung fondly, stuffing a peach tart into Kyungwon’s mouth.

The sound of a door creaking open and shutting firmly reverberated down the hallway. Kyungwon’s shoulders visibly slumped.

“Come on, it’s Yewon. She’s the only person that can make Yebin do anything.”

Suddenly, Kyungwon gave a little hop. Her smile returned full force. She resembled a feasting hamster with her bulging cheeks. “Are they dating?” She asked bluntly.

Minkyung shrugged and took a bite out of the muffin. “I don’t think so, not yet at least.”

“Well damn, Yebin should get a move on. Yewon ain’t gonna wait around forever.”

“Let’s be honest. She would and she will.”

“… Yeah, she will,” agreed Kyungwon. “The poor angel.”

Ten minutes later, said angel strolled into the kitchen with an empty plate and a mysterious grin on her face. She made the mistake of glancing at the taller girls. A soft “hehe” escaped her lips.

“What happened back there?” Minkyung said slowly.

“All I’m going to say is, you’ll like what she’s making. It’s worth kicking Kyungwon out for.”

“That’s very unlikely as my peeved-off-ness is still quite high. It’s only abated by Minkyung’s heavenly presence,” said Kyungwon loftily, again cradling Minkyung’s head.

For a whole week, Kyungwon was “unemployed.” Bored out of her mind but also eager to spend time with her beloved, she assisted Minkyung with greenhouse-keeping duties. She begged Yewon not to use magic so she could mop the floor herself, twice. She helped harvest pearly-white Sopophorous beans—according to the resident herbologist, it was a fantastic yield.

They were currently pruning the large Umbrella Flowers hanging from the ceiling. Unfortunately, the relaxing effect of their aromatics was overshadowed by the entrance of a rambunctious horde of Bouncing Bulbs. Kyungwon had unintentionally threatened them by placing her ladder too close to their garden. They were large enough to knock the ladder over, tipping Kyungwon off balance. She was saved from the twenty-foot drop by Yebin’s spell that slowed her descent.

“And this is why I was holed up in my workshop,” sighed Yebin as Kyungwon drifted to the floor.

“You kicked me out so I could be bullied by aggressive eggplants? Ow!” One last Bouncing Bulb stomped on Kyungwon’s toes for good measure before returning to its patch.

Yebin steadied Kyungwon, who was hopping around holding her throbbing foot. Minkyung helped carry Kyungwon out to the couch in Yewon’s lab.

“Would you like a drink?” Yewon offered kindly. She held out a potion for pain relief.

Kyungwon accepted the vial immediately. “Thanks.”

“Miss,” Yebin bowed deeply to Minkyung, “and Village Idiot,” she snickered at Kyungwon. “If you will follow me, I shall present what I so desperately strived to complete— I see you making faces Kyungwon, don’t make me regret this. Ahem. Think of it as a birthday gift.”

“My birthday was four months ago,” said Kyungwon.

“And mine isn’t for another four,” giggled Minkyung.

“Merry Christmas, then.”

“It’s not even winter,” smiled Yewon.

“Happy…” Yebin squinted at the calendar on the far wall. “April twenty-first,” she shrugged.

They all laughed. Minkyung pulled Kyungwon across the hall with Yewon whispering excitedly to Yebin behind them. Everyone stopped in the middle of the workshop. Yebin walked forward to a large glass case veiled by a thick cloth. With everyone’s attention on her, she grandly pulled the cloth off and revealed two imperial suits of silvery blue scaled armor.

A smile spread slowly across Yebin’s face. She allowed herself a moment to enjoy Minkyung’s and Kyungwon’s expressions of utter amazement. “Swedish Short-Snout dragon hide.”

Kyungwon snapped out of her daze and circled around the case, whistling lowly. Minkyung’s eyes darted to every inch of the suits.

The chest plates glowed brilliantly in the afternoon sunlight from the windows. The gloves were thin, the palms embroidered with striking red lines. The vambraces were sturdy with flexible elbow joints. They would fit longer arms well. The long chausses were slim, perfect for a tall individual. The steel-toed boots were stark black. They were the only piece not made from dragon hide but still looked imposing. They were similar to what Nayoung wore.

Yebin walked up to the case and opened the door. She took out one of the gloves. “A single snap will ignite the fingertips to shoot thin streams of fire wherever aimed.”

“This is incredible,” breathed Kyungwon, quite forgetting to be snarky.

“So you like it?” Asked Yebin, glancing nervously but excitedly between the two older girls.

Minkyung stared at Yebin in disbelief. “But Yebin, we don’t fight. We can’t even use magic.”

“That’s precisely why I made them. You’re raising sprouts that fight back,” smiled Yebin. “You have Diffindo swords. Now you have Incendio gloves and some extra protection on your backs. I’ve seen your bruises, scars, and rashes. Hopefully you’ll have less in the future.”

At some point, Minkyung had gravitated towards Yewon and hugged her from behind. She felt restless. She needed to do something with her hands. Her sister happened to be nearest. Her heart was full of gratitude towards their little weapons specialist. She glanced down at Yewon who was wearing an expression of equal pride and appreciation.

Out of the corner of her eye, Minkyung spotted Kyungwon through the glass. She was standing very still with her fingertips covering . Her eyes seemed unfocused while staring at some point between Yebin on the other side of the case and the armor between them. There was a glossy sheen forming above her eyelashes. Minkyung saw Yebin shift in her spot, knowing she felt awkward at Kyungwon’s sudden display of emotion. Yebin cleared .

“As hilarious as it was watching you wrestle your own Light Saber away from the Venomous Tentacula, my heart felt a minuscule twinge at the thought of you getting beaten up by a plant. On second thought, it was more out of second-hand embarrassment. Get a grip.”

Minkyung smiled at her last words. Yebin’s quip had started out strong, but her voice cracked when Kyungwon strode around the case to crush her in a hug.

Kyungwon inhaled sharply. “That’s my—”

“Gremlin?” Yebin laughed, trying to restore an atmosphere of lightheartedness.

Kyungwon chuckled through her nose so it sounded more like sniffs. “That’s my genius.”

~|~|~|~

“Good evening, Miss. I must say you look ravishing tonight.”

“Why thank you. You are rather charming yourself,” replied Minkyung cordially.

“That’s quite an interesting necklace. A perfect match for a beautiful lady.”

“I agree. It was a very meaningful gift,” said Minkyung, conspicuously brushing the fingers of her left hand over the silver chain.

“Ah, I presume you are… taken?” Asked the guest, eyeing Minkyung’s ring.

“I am actually,” Minkyung nodded. “And I’m very happy with my relationship.”

She stopped breathing when the other person stepped closer, a distinct grin spreading across their lips. But Minkyung didn’t want to back down. They leaned in and whispered into her ear.

“This will be our little secret. Nobody has to know.”

Minkyung couldn’t see nor hear anything. She could only feel. Their hand pulled her in by the waist. Her skin burned where they kissed her neck, subtly and slowly. Then she remembered where they were. There were people around, wizards and witches of all rankings in the Ministry.

“Kyungwon, not here,” said Minkyung. Her desire to slip away with Kyungwon clashed with her cognizance of socially acceptable behavior. Her voice ended up sounding twice as desperate.

Kyungwon found this quite amusing and equally attractive, but restrained herself. She risked one more peck behind Minkyung’s ear. Leaning back, she grinned in pride at having made her girlfriend blush. In fact, the rouge of her cheeks made her look even more extravagant in her pearl white dress. Kyungwon also allowed herself one cocky self-compliment. She thought she matched exceptionally well with Minkyung in her own midnight black dress.

“I know you’re mentally praising yourself. Stop it. You’re grinning like a creep,” teased Minkyung.

“And these are my friends, Kyungwon and Minkyung,” said Nayoung, approaching the couple.

“How do you do,” greeted a shorter witch. “I’m Chungha, a fellow Auror of Nayoung’s.”

“It’s nice to finally meet you. We’ve heard quite a few stories,” said Minkyung.

“Oh, I’m sure they’re all nice things,” Chungha chuckled freely. She clinked her glass with all three of theirs and emptied it in one gulp.

“I don’t think that’s how you’re supposed to savor it,” said Nayoung skeptically, eyeing the bubbly golden drink in her own glass.

Chungha shrugged and grinned. “Since when did I care for conventions?” She pulled out her wand and tapped the rim of her flute. It instantly refilled with cool, fizzy champagne.

“Now that’s my kind of philosophy!” Kyungwon clinked Minkyung’s and Nayoung’s glasses as well. She toasted the Auror and downed her drink like a shot. Chungha laughed approvingly.

“Considering we’re wizarding soldiers, conventions and rules should be habitual. No?”

Chungha snorted while maintaining her gracefulness. “Following rules isn’t everything. Breaking them is sometimes just as necessary,” she winked at Nayoung who kept her straight face.

Minkyung smiled as she sipped her champagne. It was odd seeing these two together. Her childhood friend was still as outwardly emotionless as ever. She would’ve thought Nayoung wasn’t enjoying the holiday party, but that still required feeling annoyed. Nayoung was simply there. On the other hand, Chungha had the air of someone who just didn’t care what other people thought. Ironically, it made her personality even more appealing.

Minkyung recalled that Nayoung and Chungha were the top two recruits in their cohort. Both worked solo, but would often join forces or serve as backup when needed. Nayoung was a typical uptight, rigid law enforcement agent who ate protocols for breakfast. According to Nayoung’s stories, Chungha appeared to be the complete opposite. She ran on adrenaline and though she never started fights, she was always ready for one. Tonight’s Chungha seemed relatively mellow to Minkyung. Must be the alcohol, she thought dismissively.

“By the way,” said Chungha. “I’ll be abroad next month, so I can’t join you on any missions.”

“Where are you going?” Said Nayoung. Her colleague wasn’t normally sent overseas.

Chungha gave her an evil smirk. “The Alps.”

“What?” Kyungwon gasped. “You’re in charge of the newbies?”

“I’m not a mentor,” Chungha said breezily. “I’m the finale.”

Chungha guffawed at the flash of fear in Nayoung’s eyes. It was only a few years ago when Nayoung came back from boot camp, telling Minkyung and Kyungwon that Chungha had laughed her way to St. Mungo’s for bone regrowth.

“You’re not going to make training any more pleasant for them, are you,” predicted Minkyung.

“Not at all. I’ll give them hell,” Chungha promised, much too calm for someone planning an infernal reckoning. “Especially since one of them is rumored to be a prodigy of sorts. They scored so high during evaluations, they were placed as a second-year trainee straight out of Hogwarts. But anyway, Nayoung. You said one of your little ones made my crossbow? I’d like to thank her personally before I leave.”

“Yeah, where did your sisters run off to?” Nayoung asked the couple, searching the crowd.

“I spy a baby Kang,” said Kyungwon slyly, nodding at the table of hors d’oeuvres. “Does that gremlin actually know how to flirt?”

“Wonder where she got it from,” drawled Minkyung sarcastically, squeezing her girlfriend’s hand.

“Really though, who is she with?” Asked Kyungwon.

“Ugh,” chorused Nayoung and Chungha, rolling their eyes in sync.

Minkyung stared at the Aurors. “I’m guessing you aren’t very fond of him. What’s his name?”

“Ugh,” they said again, earning confused looks from the other two.

“We’ve been calling him Ugh for so long, we don’t remember his name,” Chungha clarified. “Not that we care.” She drained her champagne. “I need Firewhisky if he’s our topic of conversation.”

Nayoung pulled out her own wand and tapped both of their flutes. They transformed into stout cylindrical glasses half-filled with a flaming red liquid. Minkyung glimpsed two similar glasses vanishing from the bar counter. Chungha and Nayoung cheered dully and chugged the Firewhisky. They grimaced at the burning sensation in their throats.

“That bad?” Said Minkyung, wincing at their expressions.

“See for yourself,” groaned Kyungwon in understanding, staring at the man talking to Yebin.

The Auror combed back his hair, making it handsomely ruffled. He blatantly pulled off the coat of his dress robes and flexed his biceps. The four women “ooh”-ed dismally as if they had been punched in the gut by a manifestation of Yebin’s discomfort from across the room.

“I can’t watch this anymore. She’s my sister,” said Kyungwon, striding forward to rescue Yebin.

“Wait, look.” Minkyung pulled back on their clasped hands. “It’s her knight in—”

“A shining… dress?” Said Kyungwon with a hint of excitement.

All four women were completely immersed in the scene. Nayoung was actually biting her nails nervously. Her sharp eyes locked onto the person approaching Yebin and Ugh. Chungha wore an amused expression, as if leisurely watching a play. She had refilled her glass to the brim. Minkyung and Kyungwon could only stare with wide eyes and slack jaws, their hands clenched tightly together in a weird four-handed prayer.

Ugh advanced on Yebin, no doubt attempting to be more intimate. Yebin tried to maintain some distance. She glanced uneasily around the room and spotted the four clustered in a corner. She pleaded for help with her eyes. Her attention was drawn back to Ugh as he stepped forward, reaching for her hand. She jumped back out of reflex but tripped over the hem of her gown.

Kyungwon gasped and almost ran off again, her protective instincts kicking in. She stopped when someone else caught Yebin by the waist and steadied her.

Ugh was confused and hadn’t moved an inch. When he finally realized the woman he had been hitting on almost fell, he smiled greasily at the newcomer. Evidently he wanted to be polite enough to thank them for saving Yebin, but also wished they would shove off immediately.

“Is she going to…?” Nayoung trailed off.

“I think so,” said Chungha, assuming what Nayoung was talking about.

“Where’s my phone when I need it?” Said Kyungwon, shaking a silent Minkyung’s arm.

Much to Ugh’s dismay, the stranger did not leave. In fact, Yewon pulled Yebin closer by the waist and spoke to Ugh. At first glance, she looked as bubbly and cheerful as ever. But by a female’s intuition, the four women knew the small potioneer was furious. They had never wished for Weasleys’ Extendable Ears more than now. They watched as Ugh glared at Yewon incredulously before replying with a smug look. Yebin glanced between the two anxiously. She nudged Yewon’s arm signaling her desire to escape. But Yewon stood her ground and gave Ugh a fake smile before facing Yebin.

The four women erupted in cheers, disturbing the few pockets of guests nearby. Nayoung let out an uncharacteristic high-pitched squeal and clapped her hands over . Chungha toasted the pair from afar and chugged her entire glass of Firewhisky while looking like the most sober one at the party. Meanwhile, Minkyung’s and Kyungwon’s faces split into wide smiles. They were hugging each other so tightly, it wasn’t clear whose limbs were whose.

“Well, it’s about time,” Minkyung sighed happily, staring across the room.

Yewon finally broke her kiss with a dumbstruck Yebin. She tugged gently at Yebin’s waist and whispered something in her ear. Yebin said something that looked like “Yes!” while nodding fervently. Yewon had never looked brighter when she picked Yebin up and twirled them around in the middle of the crowd.

Not entirely understanding the situation, a few of the wizards and witches sitting at tables by the two women clapped and congratulated them. Nobody paid attention to the affronted Ugh.

~|~|~|~

Soft rays of sunlight shimmered as they reflected off the fresh white snow on the ground. Londoners walked briskly, their noses red and numb. Knitted scarves were wrapped tightly around necks. Hoods were yanked lower with gloved hands to keep out the biting cold.

Minkyung couldn’t have felt any warmer underneath her fluffy, thick blanket. The house was quiet and serene. Opening her eyes, she was greeted with a tuft of silky chestnut hair that always looked golden in daylight. The blanket folded over as she reached up to comb back the tussled locks. Two broad, tan shoulders shuddered at the sudden rush of cool air.

Now fully awake, Minkyung suddenly felt playful. She slowly sat up, taking the rest of the blanket with her. Kyungwon shifted slightly, but didn’t wake up. With a small mischievous smile, Minkyung ran one hand over Kyungwon’s exposed back where her shirt had ridden up. Her skin felt smooth and soft. It was enticing, entrancing. It seemed to glow. Minkyung hovered over Kyungwon and peppered her bare shoulder blades with light kisses. Unconsciously, Minkyung’s hand pressed against Kyungwon’s back, the need to be closer growing stronger. Her hand drifted down to the side of Kyungwon’s waist, slipping under the hem of her shirt. Minkyung brushed Kyungwon’s hair to one side and kissed the back of her neck.

“Minkyung…”

Minkyung bit back a groan. Her hand twitched. Her body flared up, that feeling of need and desire extending to the very tips of her fingers. Her breathing became shallow. Her thoughts dissolved completely. She had the urge to pounce on her girlfriend. Minkyung felt cheated in the best way possible. It wasn’t fair. She was supposed to be in control. But Kyungwon’s moan drove her insane.

She suddenly found herself on her back with Kyungwon hovering above her, their lips locked in a heated kiss. Kyungwon’s hand trailed down Minkyung’s arm and settled on her hip, pushing her into the bed. Minkyung needed to grab something, anything. She wrapped her arms around Kyungwon’s neck and pulled her closer.

“I’d love to wake up to this every morning,” Kyungwon said huskily with a lopsided grin.

“My heart wouldn’t survive a week,” whimpered Minkyung as Kyungwon pressed a soft kiss to the sensitive spot on her collarbone.

A loud knock interrupted them. “Breakfast is ready!” Yebin cackled obnoxiously through the door.

Kyungwon dropped her head onto Minkyung’s chest and pouted in defeat. “Gremlins have impeccable timing.” She looked up when she felt Minkyung shaking. “Are you laughing?”

“You’re just so cute,” cooed Minkyung, pinching Kyungwon’s puffed out cheek.

Kyungwon whined and hugged Minkyung possessively. Minkyung ran her fingers through Kyungwon’s hair to sooth her sulky girlfriend. Almost randomly, a smile spread across her face.

It was so simple, laughing together and teasing each other, in innocent and intimate ways. Minkyung felt a familiar ache in her heart as she breathed in time with Kyungwon. As long as she felt that, it meant she was happy. They were in love and nothing could bring them down.

~|~|~|~

“Ginger newt?”

“Huh?”

Minkyung smiled and shook the tin in her hand. The pieces gave a jumbled rattle.

“Oh, thanks,” said Siyeon stiffly, taking a biscuit but not eating it.

Minkyung sat on the couch next to Siyeon and placed the tin on her lap. “I didn’t expect you to be up so early. You and Nayoung were out all night. Aren’t you tired? I can still hear Nayoung snoring from here,” she laughed.

A perfectly timed rumble traveled down the stairs to the living room. Minkyung tutted jokingly. 

Siyeon chuckled halfheartedly in response. “I tried, but I couldn’t sleep.”

“Having trouble settling in?” Minkyung asked kindly.

“It’s not that,” said Siyeon hastily, but failed to come up with another polite excuse. She sighed.

“Please don’t tell me you’re still looking for a place and trying to hide it from us.”

The corner of Siyeon’s lips curled. “I don’t want to impose,” she said meekly.

Minkyung giggled softly. Her first impression of Siyeon was a witch with a fierce, authoritative aura. Becoming an Auror at her age, and Nayoung’s partner no less, carried its own prestige even outside the Ministry. On top of that, she received certification as an Obliviator. When Minkyung first met her, Siyeon was polite but didn’t make much conversation. After a few more meetings however, Siyeon warmed up to them nicely.

A year and a half later, the Aurors took up a case involving illegal potion trading between a deranged wizard and Muggles seeking under-the-table drugs. He was captured in the end. But Nayoung was left bedridden and subjected to one of Yewon’s extensive antidote regimens. It also cost Siyeon her apartment. The wizard had only been caught because of his foolhardy temper. He was livid when his storage facility had been raided. Out of spite, he tracked down and blew up Siyeon’s place. He had consequently trapped himself in the rubble.

Siyeon initially returned to live with her parents though found it annoying to travel so far. She had to Apparate twice just to get close enough to London, then once more into the Atrium of the Ministry. When Nayoung was finally strong enough to remain conscious for a few hours, she told Siyeon to just move in. They were partners after all and the magical house had nonexistent rooms to spare. As if to convince Siyeon, an archway appeared right next to Nayoung’s room. Kyungwon shouted to the rest that there was a bed, a desk, and shelves. Nayoung was exhausted from talking, but fought off sleep until Siyeon agreed.

That was a month ago. Minkyung’s heart fell every time she passed Siyeon’s room when the plain Muggle door with a handle was ajar. The witch’s belongings were still packed away in boxes along the empty wall. Siyeon probably felt like an outsider. She had reverted to her habitually distant tone when she spoke, but was clearly battling with herself to be as comfortable and friendly as before. Minkyung wondered how she could make Siyeon feel welcome.

“We’ll keep saying it until you believe it. The more, the merrier. We love having you here. You’re not a bother at all. You’re family now,” said Minkyung cheerfully.

“Family,” muttered Siyeon distractedly, her eyes glazing over.

Minkyung’s smile faded. The witch’s tone didn’t sound sad exactly, but it felt rather empty. To most people, family was a loaded word. Perhaps not for the youngest of their group. Minkyung was curious, but she would never force Siyeon to tell her.

“This family is a bit different from what I’m used to,” said Siyeon slowly, as if carefully considering her words.

Minkyung casually linked arms with Siyeon. It was her way of saying she was there to listen, without actually speaking. It wasn’t about her voicing her support. It was about Siyeon knowing she had support. Staying silent somehow made it more clear.

Siyeon pursed her lips in thought. “All three of us were distant, my parents and I. I don’t know. Being a family felt like an obligation. It was just a blood title. My childhood was normal. I was fed and clothed. I had a house. I was educated properly. That’s all I needed,” she shrugged.

“But not all you wanted?” Asked Minkyung softly.

“There was nothing to want. You can’t want what you don’t know exists. I never questioned how affectionate other families were. I never questioned how unaffectionate mine was.” Siyeon was pleased to detect zero rudeness in her own voice. But it still sounded awfully detached.

Minkyung didn’t care. She was just glad that Siyeon was sharing anything with her. “Your family wasn’t bad,” she assured. Minkyung had to give Siyeon’s parents credit. She was still a fine daughter and an incredibly skilled witch.

“No,” Siyeon agreed. “Just different.”

Minkyung nodded and combed through Siyeon’s glossy black hair soothingly. She was surprised Siyeon felt comfortable enough to rest her head on her shoulder. Nayoung knew Siyeon the longest, but both of them had more independent personalities even when together. Being touchy or showing any great display of emotion was uncharacteristic of them. So Minkyung smiled to herself as a bit of pride sprouted in her heart. Just five minutes ago, Siyeon was intent on politely isolating herself. But Minkyung had gotten her to open up.

“I think,” said Siyeon after a moment, wrapping her arm tighter around Minkyung’s. “I think I like this family.” She met Minkyung’s curious bright stare. “It feels like what a family should be.”

Minkyung gently poked Siyeon’s stomach. Siyeon giggled in a very feminine, youthful way that was so unlike her image. “I thought you said you didn’t know what that was.”

Siyeon gave Minkyung an easy smile. “I can define it now, can’t I?”

Minkyung nodded wholeheartedly. “How do you define it then, oh wise one?”

“Hmm, family is simply you guys.” Siyeon glanced at Minkyung, as if checking for approval. “I can share things with you I’ve never bothered to tell anyone.” She held up one finger. “Nayoung always has my back, quite literally. Yewon radiates happiness which is a great resource for an Auror.” She counted off another two fingers. “And Kyungwon is such a fool—no offense.”

“None taken,” said Minkyung coolly with a wink.

“It’s hilarious watching her blunder about from the sidelines. I thought she’d be the mature one, but looks can be deceiving.” Siyeon held up a fourth finger, then paused. She backtracked to Minkyung’s previous words. “Hey, that’s the Golden one, to you,” she added playfully.

Minkyung snorted. She reached over and uncurled Siyeon’s thumb, totaling five outstretched fingers. “Apparently Yebin has rubbed off on you too.”

“Oh my God, Siyeon’s hugging a living thing. The apocalypse is upon us!” Wailed Yebin in the doorway to the back corridor. She dragged her hands down her cheeks dramatically.

“Stop bullying my partner,” shouted Nayoung, descending the stairs with a small smirk.

“Be nice,” chided Yewon as she hugged Yebin from behind.

“Smile!”

A blinding flash illuminated the room, earning disgruntled murmurs from five people. Kyungwon happily pulled out a square of film paper from her polaroid and flapped it around. She burst out laughing once the photo developed.

Yebin clicked her tongue in disapproval. “Really? You couldn’t get my good side?”

She had whipped her head around resulting in a nearly horizontal hairstyle. Her eyes were half-lidded and was shaped in an irregular curve.

Kyungwon guffawed. “You don’t have a good side. Move.” She jokingly shoved past Yebin to show the picture to everyone else.

Yewon had the decency not to laugh out loud and told Yebin she looked lovely. Yebin groaned at how much derpier she looked standing next to Yewon who always emulated an angel in mortal form. Yewon blushed and hid her face against Yebin’s back.

Nayoung raised her eyebrow as she examined the photo. “It’s strange seeing it so still. I look…”

“The same as you do ninety-nine percent of the time,” finished Kyungwon.

“What’s the one percent?”

“You drool and snore like a dinosaur when you sleep on the couch,” shrugged Kyungwon. Nayoung choked on her spit and her eyes bulged out of their sockets. “Hey, that’s a new look for ya,” laughed Kyungwon, giving Nayoung a firm thump on the back that really didn’t help at all.

Kyungwon walked around the couch and hugged Minkyung from behind. Her left arm draped over Siyeon’s shoulders to show them the picture.

“Siyeonie,” said Kyungwon in a quiet, gentle voice.

Minkyung expected Siyeon to cringe in embarrassment at the overly cute version of her name. But she just stared up at Kyungwon with the most innocent expression that rivaled Yewon’s.

“Siyeonie,” Kyungwon called again. “Look. You fit right in.”

Minkyung observed Siyeon for a moment before glancing at the motionless photo. She and Siyeon were sitting on the couch looking, well, normal. They didn’t look drunk like Yebin. They didn’t look photogenic like the beaming Yewon behind her. They weren’t seducing the camera with a wink like Kyungwon. And they didn’t look as done with everyone’s nonsense like Nayoung. There was no other way to describe it. It simply looked natural. Every ridiculous and mundane pixel of the photo looked natural.

“Everyone looks exactly how I would imagine them to,” said Siyeon quietly.

Minkyung shared a confused look with Kyungwon. Neither spoke. Siyeon was apparently talking to herself without knowing it and they didn’t want to interrupt.

Siyeon tilted her head. Her eyes darted between each person in the photo. “I didn’t have to grow up with any of you. I don’t have to know every detail about your lives or future endeavors. We just have to click,” she muttered.

“Sounds about right,” interjected Kyungwon with a dumb smile.

Minkyung laughed and shared a significant look with her girlfriend. Kyungwon wasn’t oblivious. Siyeon had realized something and they had a pretty good idea what it was.

Siyeon looked up from the photo and saw Minkyung and Kyungwon already beaming at her expectantly. “Can I call this home?”

A week later, Minkyung watched Siyeon mount a giant picture frame on the wall at the end of the second floor corridor with a Permanent Sticking Charm. She bid Minkyung good night and walked into her room, the newly carved handleless door shutting smoothly behind her.

~|~|~|~

“What’s for dessert?” Yebin asked adorably in an octave higher than her usual tone.

Kyungwon faked a gag and Yebin punched her in the arm.

Yewon laughed. “Turtle cheesecake. But before that, you two know the drill.”

Yebin groaned, leaning her head on Kyungwon’s shoulder. Kyungwon’s head lolled onto Yebin’s.

“But the others aren’t even here,” whined Yebin.

“Nayoung and Siyeon have theirs before leaving on assignments. Minkyung ate hers before going out earlier,” said Yewon, conjuring a jar on the dining table. “Go on.”

Kyungwon swallowed the lump in as she stared at the appendages bobbing up and down in the green fluid. Controlling her expression, she unscrewed the lid and plucked out a pickled Murtlap tentacle before offering the jar to Yebin, who grudgingly plunged her fingers in. Even Yewon had a grimace on her face, but confidently fished one out.

The taste was now tolerable, but the texture would always be revolting. Kyungwon tried to ignore the chewiness of the tentacle, imagining it to be calamari or a very tough slice of steak. Pickled Murtlap tentacles improve resistance to jinxes, she repeated like a mantra in her head. She reminded herself that Yewon had specially prepared this. It was mostly for the Aurors, but they all made a pact to eat it. Thankfully this was only a biweekly snack.

“Alright, now we can have dessert,” coughed Yewon, forcing down the last bit in .

Yebin looked to be passed out on the table. With a poke from Kyungwon, she groaned to signal she was still alive. “Thank you for thinking of our safety,” she said as genuinely as possible.

Yewon scuttled into the kitchen to cut three slices of cheesecake. Yebin remained motionless on the table. Kyungwon patted Yebin’s head comfortingly. She screwed the lid back on and carried the jar to Yewon’s lab.

“This goes in the cupboard, I think. Holy—”

Kyungwon screamed and dropped the jar, the glass shattering at her feet. The Murtlap tentacles skidded across the floor as the pickling juice splashed everywhere.

“Are you okay?” Called Yewon, rushing to Kyungwon’s side.

“What happened? Oh no,” said Yebin, staring across the room.

A silvery hawk soared through the locked window. Soft wisps of light drifted off of its fluttering wings as it perched on the back of the couch. The three women moved closer to listen.

“Call Chungha,” came Nayoung’s urgent voice from the hawk’s beak. “Ministry isn’t responding. Siyeon and I are separated. We’re trapped. Can’t Disapparate—”

The Patronus cut off abruptly mid-speech and vanished, dissolving into thin wisps of fading light. The room was suddenly dark and cold again.

“I’m going to get Chungha and find them,” declared Yebin, running across the hall.

“I’m going with you.”

“No you’re not, Yewon. It’s not safe,” pleaded Yebin, already plucking blades off the wall racks.

“You’re not any better of a duelist than I am. And do you honestly think I’ll let you go alone?” Said Yewon, summoning several antidotes from her lab and stuffing them in a bottomless sack.

“But—”

“I’m going with you and that’s final,” said Yewon sternly. She met Yebin’s eyes with her own determined gaze. A sudden flurry of rustling and clicks distracted them.

“What do you think you’re doing?” Demanded Yebin, her distress masked by incredulity.

“What do you think I’m doing?” Snapped Kyungwon. She paused to buckle her dragon hide chest plate securely. “You two aren’t going alone to chase after skilled Aurors who are having trouble themselves capturing a dark wizard. I’m coming with.”

“Kyungwon, no. I’m definitely not letting you go!” Shouted Yebin furiously.

“Who said you get to decide?” Kyungwon yelled back.

“But you—” Yebin didn’t continue. A wave of guilt washed over her at the unspoken words.

Kyungwon stopped moving too. “What?” She demanded with extreme calm. “I can’t go because I haven’t got magic?”

“She didn’t mean it like that. We just don’t want you to get hurt.” Yewon’s already soft voice trailed off as she glanced between Kyungwon and Yebin locked in a staring contest.

“Nayoung and Siyeon are my friends too. Hell, they’re family! We all are!” Kyungwon cried with conviction. “I made half of the equipment in this room with you, Yebin. I know how it all works. I can use them. You made it so that each piece we crafted together contains magic. If you two are going, so am I. We’re finding them together.”

“Kyungwon.” Yebin was begging now. “Please, just stay here.”

“I’m going,” said Kyungwon assertively.

She watched Yebin close her eyes in resignation. Kyungwon considered the matter settled. Without another word, she bent down to fasten the straps on her boot.

“I’m so sorry. Forgive me,” said Yebin in a broken voice. “You know I love you, right?”

“Yebin, what are you—” Kyungwon looked up and froze, barely hearing Yewon’s gasp.

Yebin swallowed thickly, pointed her wand at Kyungwon, and said in a clear voice, “Immobulus.”

~|~|~|~

“So what do you think?”

Minkyung smiled, her bright eyes reflecting the lights of the display case. “They’re perfect. I’ll take them. Thank you for being so patient with me.”

The saleswoman laughed airily and shook her head. “Not at all. This is a huge step in your life and I’m glad I could be of service. Besides, you’re one of the more, how shall I say, reasonable customers I’ve spoken to. Most of all, I see a certain fire in your eyes that’s not all that common.”

“Really?” Said Minkyung in surprise, following her to the register.

“Unfortunately,” sighed the saleswoman. “But customers with your kind of passion make this job worth it. Honestly, I don’t think I’ve ever met someone quite as meticulous and thoughtful as you. Whoever gets this is one lucky person.”

Minkyung beamed. “I’d like to think I’m the lucky one,” she said fondly, wringing her hands nervously watching her purchase being packed neatly.

“I do hope they like it. And I wish you two the best,” smiled the woman.

Minkyung thanked her and walked out into the cool night air. The door clicked softly behind her. It was long past the store’s closing hours, but the saleswoman seemed ecstatic to help her out one last time. Minkyung couldn’t be any happier with her choice.

She turned off the main road and onto a quiet street. Pulling an object out of her pocket, she opened it and grinned. It really was beautiful. After a whole month of searching and asking nitpicky questions, she had found the perfect one. Her heart felt so light, she could have floated into the sky. But that couldn’t happen. She had to remain on the ground for what she wanted to do. She chuckled at her own jumbled nonsensical thoughts.

Minkyung stood in front of an old rusted gate. To any passerby, she would’ve seemed crazy smiling foolishly at the weedy, trash-strewn gap. But Minkyung didn’t care. Nothing could possibly take this feeling away from her.

With a deep breath, she strode forward into the gate and melted seamlessly through a large mahogany door. She stopped short in the foyer. The house was oddly silent and still. Was nobody home? But it was past dinner. Usually someone would be lounging on the couches or talking up a storm. Minkyung felt a strange sense of foreboding. She slipped off her shoes and entered into the living room. She was about to call out when she heard a crash down the hall.

“Ugh, my head…”

“Kyungwon? Are you okay?”

Minkyung rushed into the workshop and knelt down. Kyungwon was sprawled on the ground, holding the back of her throbbing head. Minkyung gently nudged Kyungwon’s hand away to look for cuts. Seeing nothing, she massaged Kyungwon’s scalp to ease the pain.

“What happened? Where is everyone? And why are you on the floor wearing that? I didn’t have anything to harvest today,” said Minkyung worriedly.

Kyungwon’s eyes widened and she scrambled onto her feet, knocking more materials off the tables. She searched the room frantically before running into the lab.

“Are Yebin and Yewon not home?” Asked Minkyung.

“No, they’ve gone to Chungha’s to chase after Nayoung and Siyeon,” said Kyungwon hastily, returning back to the glass case and slipping on a vambrace.

“Wait, what? Kyungwon, tell me what’s happening,” demanded Minkyung with a hint of panic.

Kyungwon spoke quickly while unhooking her gloves from a stand and walking briskly to a display of throwing knives. “Nayoung sent a warning. The wizard she and Siyeon were tracking somehow trapped them all—wherever they are. They’re separated from each other. Nobody at the Auror Office responded. Chungha’s the only backup we can call.”

“Okay, so they’ve gone to talk to Chungha? Kyungwon, stop,” said Minkyung, grabbing Kyungwon’s wrists. “You’re making me nervous. Why are you putting on armor? You’re not going to run into the midst of a battle, are you?”

“I am,” said Kyungwon seriously. But she didn’t twist her hands away. Instead, she turned her palms up and gripped tightly onto Minkyung’s hands as if begging her to understand. “Minkyung, our sisters went after them. Nayoung and Siyeon could be dying as we speak. Nayoung’s Patronus cut off in the middle of the warning. At the very least, she’s unconscious or extremely weak if her Patronus can’t keep its form. And nobody knows where Siyeon is or how she’s doing. Yewon and Yebin left through the fireplace a minute ago. I’m going after them. No spell is going to stop me from helping.”

“Then I’m going with you,” said Minkyung, striding over to the glass case for her own armor.

“Minkyung, it’s—”

“Don’t you dare tell me it’s too dangerous,” said Minkyung lowly, advancing on Kyungwon. “My whole family is running off to either catch a lunatic wizard or embark on a rescue mission. I am not staying in this house alone wondering when I can visit you all at St. Mungo’s.”

Kyungwon was stunned into silence. Did she not just argue with Yebin about this? And she was struck with a binding jinx just to keep her here. As much as she wanted to keep Minkyung safe at home, she knew she had no right to say otherwise. Inhaling sharply, she dashed around the room removing various weapons off the walls.

Minkyung took Kyungwon’s silence to mean acceptance. Her head was in a whirlwind, her thoughts were a mess. She could only focus on her armor. They had to be quick if they wanted to catch Yebin and Yewon in time. She didn’t know how they were going to help, but they’d never live it down if something happened to the four witches and they just sat around waiting.

Her heart swelled when she felt a slight tug from behind. Kyungwon was sheathing blades into Minkyung’s suit and attached pouches to her belt. Kyungwon’s own back and waist were already full of equipment. With a final nod, Kyungwon took Minkyung’s hand and led them to the fireplace in Yewon’s lab, just behind the couch where Nayoung’s Patronus had landed. She plunged her hand into the urn and threw a whole fistful of Floo powder onto the cold logs. The hearth burst into huge emerald flames.

“Kyungwon.”

Before Kyungwon could speak, Minkyung had pulled her into a kiss. All thoughts of fighting and running and rescuing emptied from Kyungwon’s mind, replaced by a flash of memories of her and Minkyung. It was something she could never control, nor would she ever want to.

Minkyung deepened the kiss, wanting to convey everything she ever felt for Kyungwon. She didn’t know why, but she felt like she had to let Kyungwon know. With great reluctance, she leaned back to put some space between them. She reached for Kyungwon’s cheek with one hand, tracing her thumb over the soft skin glowing in the firelight.

“I love you,” they whispered.

There it was, that ever strong ache in Minkyung’s heart telling her what she shared with Kyungwon was real and pure. She squeezed Kyungwon’s hand and they stepped forward.

The flames receded up into the chimney as they spun out of sight. Something peculiar tumbled out of the air and hit the brick wall lining the back. Two small velvet boxes fell onto the floor. One of them snapped open, the silver ring inside reflecting the fading light of the embers among the ashes.

~|~|~|~

“Hey, what are you doing in here all by yourself?”

“Just reminiscing old times.”

Yebin smiled mournfully at the dust-free glass case protecting two imperial suits of silvery blue dragon hide armor. On either side of the case was the silver hilt of a geeky franchise-inspired tool that didn’t match at all with anything in the display. Yebin smirked sadly at the memory.

“I miss them too,” said Yewon, voicing both of their thoughts as she hugged Yebin from behind.

Their eyes traveled to a transparent table between the armor sets at hand level. On the outer edge, there were two thin rings with small diamonds embedded in a vine design. Two clean velvet boxes sat in the center of the table. Yebin flicked her wand feebly and they opened smoothly. Nestled in the cushions was a different pair of rings. The silver band spiraled out from underneath a simple diamond gleaming on top. The rings were perfectly circular with no end.

“Kyungwon never got to see it,” whispered Yebin, placing her hands over Yewon’s.

Yewon rested her chin on Yebin’s shoulder. “No, but I don’t think it mattered. I was with them when…” She paused to collect herself. “Minkyung asked Kyungwon to marry her, right in front of me. By the looks on their faces, you wouldn’t think we had curses flying at us from every direction.” Yewon sniffed and let out a weak laugh.

“They must have been so happy.”

“They were. I’m sure of it. I’m sure they are now.”

Yebin leaned her head sideways against Yewon’s and sighed. “I think they would’ve liked Jieqiong and Eunwoo.”

“Sungyeon and Kyla too. We make one unique family,” Yewon giggled softly.

“Yeah, we do,” smiled Yebin. “The ten of us.”


A/N: I’m sorry. Honestly. I enjoyed writing these scenes so much. Didn’t have the heart to cut some out despite the length of this part. I really didn’t want the side story to be this long. Lo and behold, the scroll bar is puny. I’ll definitely try to make shorter shots in the future. I figure those are much easier to read.

Anyhoo, who’s been enjoying Pristin’s V Lives? They’re such dorks, my favorite kind of idols.

I’m also going to be a lot busier now. Finding time to write will be hard, but I’ll most likely shirk my responsibilities to do so. We’ll see. Hope you guys enjoyed this. Good night!