Me.

Love Will Change You.

I. Am. Ugly.

 

I’m hideous! People can’t bear looking at me… I’ve always been ugly, always am ugly, and always will be ugly.

 

I can’t remember a single day where I was deemed “pretty.” Sadly, I can’t blame my parents for my hideousness because I’ve never seen them. I mean, well - okay I guess I did “see” them, but I was one! I wouldn’t remember them… I’m 22 now, how on earth would I be able to bring back memories from age one when I can’t even remember what happened two nights ago?

 

Anyways.. I hate it - my life, my face, my body, my fashion sense, my whole disgusting self. I wonder from time to time… Just why the hell am I still alive?

 

I feel people stare at me and talk trash about my looks. They’re all pointing their fingers at me and whispering their words of disgust to their friends.

 

I want to disappear… Dear God, please make me invisible.





 

I walk down the hallway and don’t look anywhere but at the black and white tiles that are gliding past my feet every time I take a step. I’ve probably sighed a hundred times in the last minute, and now here’s my hundred and first sigh.

 

“Ha..” I sighed still looking at the ground. “Why can’t I be pretty for once?”


 

I finally make it past all the stares and whispers to my Spanish 203 class. I’m a business major in college. My junior year of college will soon be ending in about four months. I can’t wait till that day comes.

 

High school and college had always been bearable since my friend was with me. But that friend just had to transfer out to a different college for junior and senior year. Leaving me with no one to talk to, no one to eat with, and no one to be there for me when I need them the most.


 

I bow to my Spanish teacher and take the seat in the back corner. I wipe my thick, nerdy glasses and slide them back on the bridge of my repulsive nose. I peer down the window and watch a couple of beautiful college sophomore girls flirting with the football players. I sighed. If only I were beautiful


 

My classes end at 10 A.M. on Tuesdays since I only have two classes. So after my Spanish class, I decided to go grab lunch and head for the library to finish up some homeworks and essays. Only when the clock reads 7 P.M. did I get up from my chair and start packing my belongings.

 

When I walk out, I see girls clinging onto their boyfriends and asking them what they’d be having for dinner. I pretend to gag silently as I walked out the college entrance gates.


 

After the bus drops me off near Hongdae, I walk around a bit looking through the windows of clothing stores. I was peering into one when all of a sudden…

 

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOWLLLLLL

 

“Aish…” You groaned as you pulled out your cellphone to check the time. 8:21. No wonder you were hungry. You started to walk down more to the main street when a mannequin caught your attention. You stopped in front of the clear window and stared at it. I wonder if I’m ugly because I just don’t have good fashion sense…

 

I walked in and asked the lady at the cashier, “Can you get me that same outfit, bottom to top, hanging on that mannequin on display?”

 

She looked up from her phone and I can tell she was trying to hold in a laugh. “Hmphn… Uh, sure… Pfmt.. Um, are you going to wear that?”

 

Suddenly I felt so embarrassed and I lost all confidence. I became that ugly, timid, shy self and I stuttered, “U..Uh n-no. I-it’s my fri-friends birthday t-tomorrow.. A gi-gift.”

 

She got up and grabbed the outfit.





 

I walked out, stared at the shopping bag in my hand, and slapped my forehead.

 

“You idiot!!” I groaned, “You just used up all your month’s allowance on this!” Should I return it..? No… when else would you ever let yourself by something like this anyways?

 

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz. My phone buzzed in my jean pocket. I looked at the caller and smiled.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Where are you?!”

 

I chuckled, “Um… Seongbuk-gu District. Why? What’s up?”

 

“I’m almost done with work… Mmhmn about 20 to 30 minutes? Can you make it here by then?”

 

I rolled my eyes beneath these glasses. “Alright.”

 

The other line chuckled, “Hurry up. Seongbuk-gu is a good 40 to 50 minutes away from this cafe.”



 

I hung up as quickly as possible and ran towards the bus stop.

 

[-End of 1st person POV]








 

“Hurry up. Hongdae is a good 40 to 50 minutes away from this cafe,” he grinned as he finished drying the last plate. She’ll never make it on time.

 

He heard you groan which made him smile even wider. He picked up a clean, wet towel and tossed it around in his hand as he made way towards the dirtied table.

 

I wonder how long it’ll take for her to get here. With her lazy , she’ll take forever…

 

“Excuse me…?” A female voice broke his thoughts. He looked up to see a girl leaning towards him from the table next to the one he was cleaning.

 

“Yes?” He answered politely with a smile.

 

She leaned further across the table towards his chest. He slightly backed away.

 

“Hold on!” She grumbled annoyed, “Let me just see what your nam… Taehyung. Cute. Taehyung.” She held onto the small name tag that was on Taehyung’s chest.

 

“Yes, ma’am. What do you need?”

 

She looked up at him and he knew right off the bat… She’s trying to seduce me. He rolled his eyes with his heart, but looked at her.

 

She set her voice lower, almost into a moan and she pulled him so close her lips were right against his ear. “Well… You see, I’ve been watching your y little self walk around this cafe and I just don’t think I can bear losing my chance with you…”

 

“Sorry ma’am. I’m a part-time employee who takes orders from customers, makes the orders, and sells the orders to the customers with utmost courtesy… I don’t sell… anything else.” Taehyung slightly pushed her away and got up.

 

She gave him a pout and brushed her hair to the back, exposing her neck, collar bones, and chest. Again, Taehyung rolled his eyes to himself. This girl… She thinks sticking out her implanted chests will get her guys. Disgusting.

 

“Anything else I can do for you, ma’am?” He asked with a grim smile.

 

She nodded and leaned her head onto her arms, “Please tell me you don’t have a girlfriend.”

 

Taehyung winced, “Ooh….Sorry.” He raised his eyebrows and pointed at himself. “Me? Not have a girlfriend? Do you think that’s possible for me? All the girls want me… Look at yourself. Of course I have a girlfriend.”

 

She frowned. “I hate you.”

 

Taehyung clicked his tongue and finished wiping down the tables, “You know… ‘Hate’ is a strong word.”

 

“You are so annoying. Damn handsome but annoying as hell.”

 

“I’ll take that as a compliment. You don’t find just anyone who’s handsome and annoying at the same time.”

 

She stomped her foot in frustration and shot up from her seat, making her way to the sliding entrance doors.

 

Taehyung shook his head. Girls, these days. They thinks abnormally huge chests and butts will make all guys heads of heels for them… I pity that..

 

Taehyung left for the staff room and changed out of his apron and brown t-shirt into his plaid button-down shirt. After tucking it in his black jeans, he checked his phone. I called her at 9:02… It’s already 9:37…

 

Taehyung decided to sit by a table near the window so that he can see when you arrived. He had his phone opened and your phone number already dialed. His thumb hovered over the green ‘call’ button as he kept his eyes on the dim streets. Why didn’t she text or call me.. Hope nothing happened to her.

 

As soon as he was about to dial the number, he watched a nerdy girl, with her tiny hands clutching onto the strap of her bag as if it were some type of protection, dash across the street and into the cafe. He shook his head with a grin and chuckled. She’s just too funny..

 

 

 

 

You looked at the time. 9:44. Shoot. You looked up and saw the signal change for the crosswalk. You made a run across the street and into the cafe Taehyung worked in.

 

You bent over and rested your hands on your knees as you huffed for air. After catching your breath, you looked around the cafe, but you didn’t see Taehyung anywhere.


 

“You’re late…” You shivered when the whisper hit your ears.

 

You turned around and saw Taehyung smirking down at you, his face only inches away from you.

 

“Taehyung!” You pushed his face away and slapped his back hard. “I’m only a couple of minutes late.”

 

“Still late.”

 

You rolled your eyes at your helpless friend. “I’m sorry. Better?”

 

Taehyung stuffed his hands into his pockets, “Why were you late..?”

 

“W..well. I had to d-do ss-something.”

 

“And what was that?”

 

“Nothing. Are you down?”

 

Taehyung nodded. “Mhm, wait outside, I’m just going to grab my things.”


 

You leaned against the entrance doors and sighed. “Aish…. Should I ask him or not…” You peered into the long coat that was hugging your body. “No.. I shouldn-”

 

“Shouldn’t what?” Taehyung questioned as he locked up the store and looked at you peering into your coat. “You know… That looks very weird right now.. If I weren’t your friend… I wouldn’t mistaken it.”

 

You rolled your eyes. “Let’s go.”

 

“But shouldn’t what? You still didn’t answer my question.” Taehyung shouted as he caught up with you. He watched as you just shook your head and walked on. She’s having a bad day again…

 

He noticed the shopping bag in your hand. He smirked as he quietly walked behind you and ducked down quickly to grab the bag out of your hands.

 

You screamed, “Give that back to me!”

 

Taehyung laughed and stuck his tongue out as he ran off with the shopping bag. You ran after him.

 

He stopped once he knew it would take a couple of seconds for you to catch up and peered into the bag. He saw your clothes. What? But this….

 

He looked at the logo. This is definitely an expensive brand.. I’ve never seen her wear clothes from this brand…

 

He watched as you were slowly catching up to him. He then noticed that your jeans were new..  Oh. So she wore the new outfit under the coat?

 

“Give it to me!” You yelled as you snatched the bag out of his grip.

 

He smiled, “Hey… You bought new clothes.. How come you didn’t show me? You’re wearing it underneath your coat right? What did you buy?”

 

You shook your head.

 

“Aw c’mon. Show me. I’m your bestest friend in this whole universe! I wanna know what beautiful clothing my friend got for herself. You hardly ever buy clothes! I must see the style.”

 

You sighed. “Taehyung.. Can you promise me one thing..?”

 

Taehyung looked at you and nodded his head… He read your eyes and knew what you were going to ask him, “Hmm?”

 

“You have to be honest.. Okay? Like honest as friends. Just tell me the truth since you’re my friend… Tell me if this looks weir-”

 

You were cut off when Taehyung pulled the coat apart to reveal your outfit underneath. He gasped and quickly wrapped you again as he looked around to see if anyone else was there.

 

You sighed, “Yup… I knew it. It’s weird. I shouldn’t have bought it. Why did I even….” You buttoned up the coat so that it covered everything and walked pass him to the bus stop.

 

Taehyung stood there stunned for a few seconds before snapping out of it.

 

He watched as you sat down on the bench and shook his head. This girl… She must be crazy…

He walked over and plopped himself next to you.
“Can I ask you something?” he quietly asked.

 

You waved your hand at him, “Sure, sure ask away.”

“Why did you buy that? That is something definitely not your style…. It’s too… too… how should I put this… Way too…”

 

“Way too weird on me,” you finished for him. You sighed and scrunched your face. “I know… It’d be beautiful if someone beautiful wore it… But when someone ugly like me wears it.. It just looks weird. I know. At least I heard it from you… Better hearing it from you than being made fun at by someone else..”

 

Taehyung had his mouth left open because you cut him off. He was shocked at what you said and dramatically put his hands over his heart, “I never said it was weird…”

 

“Yeah… But I know you were going to say it.”

 

Taehyung looked as you leaned against the board and closed your eyes. I was never going to say it was weird…. “Are you having a bad day today?”

 

You popped one eye open and looked at him, “No. Yes.”

 

He frowned, “Does someone need a hug?”

 

You scooted away from him. “Tae? Where’s your girlfriend though? You always meet up with me after work… When do you meet up with her?”

 

Taehyung rubbed the back of his neck, “Uh… Well.. I meet her after I drop you off at your house!”

 

You nodded and mumbled to yourself, “She must be beautiful as well…”

 

“What was that?”

 

“Nothing..”

 

“Why do you think that?”

 

You looked at his direction, “Why do I think what?”

 

“Why do you think she’s beautiful when you haven’t even seen her yet?”

 

“Because I know… When are you going to introduce her to me? I want to see who she is! I mean unless you're embarrassed of showing her your ugly friend..”

 

“Hey… Who said you’re ugly?” Taehyung really frowned.

 

You closed your eyes and took a deep breath, “Everyone. Everyone knows I’m ugly.”

 

“Well, conceited much? Everyone knows you?” He attempted to lighten your mood.

 

“Anyways, why do you even hang out with me Tae?”

 

“What do you mean,” he asked as he scooted closer to you.

 

“Why do you hang out with me? Tae you’re handsome. All the girls fawn over you. They drool when you accidentally brush against their shoulder as you lean to put down their cup of coffee. You’re tall, handsome, and you have those wide shoulders and small face. Why do you still hang out with me…? Ugly. Fat. Repulsive?”

 

Taehyung’s frown got deeper, “Negative much?” He then smiled, “And am I sensing jealously? Are you jealous other girls fawn over me?”

 

You rolled your eyes and got up from your seat when you saw the bus turn a corner and near the stop. “Negative but true. I’m ugly, fat, and repulsive. That’s what I am. And no, I’m not jealous. Why would I? You’re just my friend and you already have a girlfriend… C’mon the bus is going to halt soon.”


You hopped into the bus and Taehyung slowly followed behind you. You aren’t any of the words you just used to describe yourself...

 

 

 


 

Hello!This is my first fanfic EVER and so I hope you guys will enjoy it with me! 

Feel free to leave questions, comments, and criticism down below! I will try to get you answer asap!

Thank you everyone and I hope you guys watch as my story progresses!