your whiny brat

the reason why you get so whiny when you're sick

daehyun was a whiny brat when he was sick. 

"yongguk, i want to eat something hot and sweet!" 

"yongguk, where's my blanket? it's cold!"

"yongguk, my throat hurts so bad, please do something!"

and so on, and so on.

yongguk wasn't a person that used to spoil someone, neither did he use to be spoiled by someone. daehyun was his first lover and yongguk was unfamiliar with something lovers used to do.

truth be told, yongguk didn't like lovey-dovey things, but daehyun was the sweetest man ever alive. 

daehyun was a chatterbox; he could talk about many things without caring if yongguk was interested in the topic or not. daehyun was clingy; he always demanded hugs and kisses, and holding hands (not that yongguk minded it, but sometimes the younger went too much).

and, yes, daehyun was always whiny when he was sick.

yongguk didn't know why daehyun could be like that. he didn't like to depend on someone else in any situations, including when he was sick. he was used to living alone, so the one he could rely on was himself.

little did he know that his four months relationship with daehyun had changed something inside him little by little.

"are you okay? what do you want to eat for dinner?"

yongguk was in his bed, lying helplessly, sweating by his high fever. meanwhile, sitting on the edge of his bed was daehyun, looking at him worriedly.

"i'm okay," yongguk said in a hoarse voice, but he knew daehyun wouldn't buy it. 

"but, your fever is high! i told you to stop by and wait until the rain stopped, but you never listened. the rain was pretty heavy last night..."

yongguk wondered why he could feel so comfortable hearing daehyun's voice.

"i'm really okay, daehyun," yongguk kept trying, but it wasn't enough to calm his lover.

"i'll make you something, okay?" the younger yongguk's raven hair as he spoke. he placed his hand on yongguk's forehead afterward, staying like that for a while, taking a moment to stare at yongguk. "i was worried. you always work hard, but you don't even care of your health."

god, it was so soothing to have someone by your side when you were sick. yongguk used to live alone that he was inexperienced of this kind of thing, that being taken care by his lover could make his heart warm. 

"my throat hurts," yongguk muttered. "it's cold. i want something hot and sweet." 

daehyun blinked before laughing softly. "you sound like me when i'm sick," he said. bending down, he planted a kiss on yongguk's feverish forehead. "how about honey oats? does it sound good?" 

yongguk nodded. he took daehyun's hand, lacing his fingers with daehyun's slim ones. "don't be so long or i'll miss you," yongguk was like a lost pup, which he had never expected he could be like that only because the fever.

more laughter came from daehyun. he caressed yongguk's cheek with his free hand with a soft smile on his face. "i won't be long," he said as he got up and went outside to the kitchen.

yongguk sighed, feeling better than ever.

he finally understood why. 

daehyun might be a whiny brat when he was sick, but yongguk didn't mind it at all anymore.