NightFields Academy

Peircing Fang's :Vampire Love Ride
 

"This is stupid," said Jiyong Kwon as he stashed the envelope in the garbage can and bounced towards his bed, a blood bag in his hands.

'Stupid school sending stupid letters!' he thought to himself. Bored, he fiddled with his phone browsing about supernatural creatures even though he claims he's deffinitely not interested.

It was Five o'clock at Sunday and Jiyong can't help himself but get irritated noting it was the 24th letter he received this day. Apparently, the letter does not stop coming until you sign it but signing it would mean you'd attend.

With nothing else to do, he decided to grab something to eat downstairs and threw the now empty blood bag in the trash. Descending, he saw his mother prepering something for dinner, his father voice, heard, as he was talking to someone at the phone. Though at the moment his father became aware of his presence, skidded off.

"....Yes, Henry... Entitled 'incroitus..

' He, shouldn't have bothered' , thought Jiyong nonchalantly.

"Kol honey, about Nightfields..."

"Mom, stop it. I'm not attending," Jiyong said cutting her mother.

Her mother, Carol Alicia Kwon is a 42 year-old vampire. Has no work and stays at home enjoying life as a housewife.

"Yes you are Jiyong ," his dad intervened as he went towards the kitchen pocketing his mobile.

"How many times are we going to talk about this? I'm not entering that freaky school," Jiyong said with a tired voice.

"You are entering that school Ji, and mind you, its not freaky," his dad answered.

His dad, Bil Anderson Kwon is 47, working as a private lawyer under a company which he didn't go through the trouble of knowing what kind of. He is also a vampire.

In there world, mating with the other kind is prohibited. I mean, if you stay in the other realm, it is not allowed. So if you wanna be with another supernatural or human kind, your forced to live in the human realm. His parents, even though they broke no rule, still decided to stay with the humans.

"That's not really for you to decide.This is my life. Incase you haven't notice, I am not ten!" Jiyong, who is determined to continue life on earth, can't help but get irritated

"Lower your voice young man! Don't use that tone on me!" his father scolded.

Instead of answering, he went towards the door.

"Where are you going?" asked his mother but Jiyong decided not to answer.

"Rebel all you want but you are attending that school! And that is final!" he heard his faither said with finality before slamming the door shut.

--------------------

On his motorbike, he can't help but worry about his family's current issue. Jiyong Kwon's life is pretty much settled here. Studying at Nightfields takes 7 years to complete. He can't just leave his life here! And it would be a pain in the to start all over again. With nothing to do, he went to to his friends who went to a 'night out' which he declined an hour ago before the dramatic scene that occured on his house.

He stopped his bike and got off. It was inside the forest, but it was not entirely spooky. They used to go there since they were about seven

"Yo Ji! I thought you ain't coming?," asked Minho who he met during his fifth grade.

He sat at the log that funtioned as a makeshift couch and drank half of a can of beer in one strike.

"Don't make it too obvious your water's been cut at your house pal," said Minho while laughing.

"Don't be stupid," said Jaejong, his friend since nursery to Minho then turned to Jiyong," What's the problem dude?"

"Hey, I'm not being stupid, I'm just being the insensitive wart that I am! " said Minho defensively while chuckling then ask Jiyong the same question Jae asked him.

"My parent's are becoming control freaks and is forcing me to transfer to another place and making me stay there for about seven years."

"Aww, can't live without mommy washing your socks?," asked Minho teasingly.

Jiyong threw a can at him hitting him in the head," I'm serious."

"What, you are?" asked Minho in a shocked voice.

Jaejong on the other hand, smiled awkwardly and scratched his head.

"And what are you smiling for?" asked Minho to Jae.

"Apparently, I am also going to transfer. Though unlike you Ji, I'm not being forced. Somebody needs to take care my dad's old man you see. His wife just died and he kept whining about being left alone. And so they asked if I could live with him and I said yes," explained Jae with hand gestures.

"For about how long?" asked Minho.

"Till' he died, maybe," answered Jae while shrugging.

It was silent for a moment. They were friends for life. Even though boys, guys still share this kind of connection.

Minho then smiled shaking his head and said, " Oh man, I am going to have to prepare two farewell scripts and think of two dramatic airport scenes."

----

"Everything ready?" asked Bill to Carol.

It was finaly the 23rd of April, the day Jiyong most dreaded. All of them was now gathered in the living room with his laguage. A.k.a. just one backpack.

"Your other things has been sent already to your dormitory last April nine. And I've already purchased your books from Albott's last week. It's also supposed to be sent to your room," said Jiyong's mom.

 'Yeah, as if I know what the hell Albott's is', thought Jiyong.

'So Jiyong,' said his father as he placed his hand on Jiyong's shoulder, "Make hell there son, and make us proud."

His dad's words was followed by silence so Jiyong cleared his throat to distrupt the awkward atmosphere, well, maybe for him.

"So how am I going to get there? Are winged-horses going to get me or a pumpkin's going to turned into a walking carriage?" asked Jiyong.

Bill took something from his pocket which turned out to be a vertical silver with two horizontal lines at the top residing in only one side.

"Is that supposed to be a key?" asked Jiyong.

"Yup. Or do you wanna go to London, be Harry Potter, and ride a train stationed nine and three-quarters," replied his dad with equal sarcasm as Jiyong's. Carol can only shake her head at the similarity.

Bill, looking stupid to Jiyong's eyes, was trying to fit the ancient key into there modern door's keyhole.

"You look like an idiot who's trying to buy a television set with only a dollar," said Jiyong but his face was soon filled with amazement as the keyhole shifted it's form to match the silver key.

"What the hell?" whispered Jiyong to himself.

"Off you go son," said his father.

Carol hugged his son."I can't believe I'm actually sending my child to Nightfields," said Carol, " Now, be good okay? Don't break the school rules and don't forget to eat your meals okay? Watch your step, it's a tricky place...."

"Mom, get a grip alright? I'll be fine," said Jiyong as his mom just nodded.

"Goodbye son," said his father. 

"Bye honey!" 

Too bad Minho can't get his airport scene alright. He stepped at the door and everything in his surroundings seem to glide backwards. It was as if the dimension itself was transporting, and not him. It then turned white. Then, finally, the edge of the white background was dragging something brown-like filled with other ancient colors. Then, it stopped.

It was like the Victorian era. Except, people was living with magic. It was extraordinary. There were walking dogs and talking teacups. Nonmagic folks (like him) are using enchanted things to do there work's part. Kids are playing with flying brooms, and there was a walking bone which assenbled a horse. He looked around in search for Nightfields, but in the middle of his search, he heard a voice.

"What's your name?"

He turned around hoping to see where the voice came from, only to see a three-headed dog. It was a Cerberus.