UNEDITED VERSION

One Of These Nights
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
(it's advisable to listen to Red Velvet's One Of These Nights while reading this story)   Someday in forever.

The gems of the passage lit up as the light of the match I held in my cold hand guided me through the darkness to a place almost like heaven. Never have I been happier for night time to come. While others seek refuge at night,it was my chance to be free,to breathe in fresh air,to walk on the grass for once,to be out here-under the bridge with a panoramic view of the dark sky. Those stars up there in the sky gave me inspiration, I love drawing-but I'm a human,I get bored of things I like too. Being locked in my room the whole day was excruciatingly painful,I might have everything a girl could ever want but I lie on my bed in vain,wondering when will my life begin.The thing is I have planned out so many things I want to do,I want to play with the animals in the farm,I want to plant seeds and watch it grow,I want to get wet in the rain and fall sick; father always says it's for my own good to stay in. Sadly,I fail to grasp his irrational mindset.
I watched through my window as the other kids run around playing with their friends in glee,I saw a mother comforting a little girl who had just fallen down-I watched them from afar,wishing how I could live the way they did. I felt lonely,very,very lonely. The ''friends'' I had have the potential to grow up as lifeless spoilt princesses and I don't see what good I'd get out of that. My entire childhood was dark,there was nothing. 

Nothing has changed in my life. The only time I get out of my room was when I had to eat,or when father called for me. Heck,we barely eat together. We have,perhaps,eaten together thrice in 4 years? I feel abandoned by my own father,he always insists that things should be done according to his ways,this is for my own safety and all sorts of rubbish. I feel lonely because I don't have anyone to talk to,no one to turn to. Above all,I am ashamed and enraged of him. 

It was long before I found a passage  in my bathroom-as usual rich people have enormous bathrooms. I don't recall how I found it,but that isn't the matter. Now this passage led me to a tunnel,i remember holding a torchlight,shinning at the rare gems there were on the earth. I didn't know where it was taking me to,but I could feeling a force pulling me towards it,and so I allowed it to pull me. Soon,I saw the opening of the shaft and it led me to where I am.    The stars twinkled as if they were greeting me,the moon was shinning ever so brightly and beautifully that night- the full moon made the view absolutely breathtaking. It was when I went to my usual spot where I sat and started to sketch drawings of basically anything-it could be the sky,lake or birds soaring through the sky,anything. I descried a new presence at my usual spot. No one should be out at this time of the night. They could be executed!
I forgot to mention,my father is the renowned tyrannical ruler of this country we live in. This monster of a father I have,has been tormenting the citizens ever since he dethroned the previous president through assassinating him. When the people thought peace could be restored,their hopes and dream soon vanished upon the new ordinance that was issued. That sick mind of his was repugnant,I've observed some rituals in which a group of people were brutally massacred-what made it worse was that we got the front seats and it was utterly sickening. This usually caused an uproar in the crowds,family members,loved ones,would be filled with sorrow and revulsion. Words that flew out from their mouth were soon sealed shut when they themselves had their very own maltreatment. I don't know which was worse,both weren't as amusing to me as it was to him. Father had all sorts of nonsense up his sleeves,headstrong and impetuous to discern what destruction he had caused and that led to the detestation towards him.   Where did I left off? Ahh,right. As I got closer to the figure,I met with a young man I assumed was not much older than me. He was watching the stars with a serious look plastered on his face,I guess he was in a pensive mood and didn't even realise I was right beside him now. '' Umm,hello? You shouldn't be here.'' I advised him but he never moved. This time,I lightly patted his shoulders-shaking him didn't shift his attention to me either. So when I went in front of him and declared my existence,I noticed how undeniably good looking he was. He had a cutting edge jawline,his big eyes reflected the sparkling stars,his face was covered with bits of dirt,he hair was messed up in a way it suit him,his nose and lips completed this magnificent artwork-what was this avant garde piece doing here? 

'' You shouldn't be here,it's already lights out. You could be killed!'' I warned him but he didn't budge. He didn't seem to catch what I said and seemed confused,but then I caught him rolling his eyes at me. '' I would say the same to you.'' Now it was me who didn't understand his words though his accent wasn't of a locals'. I took another look at his face-nope he isn't from here,that's for sure. I signalled him to wait and he quietly obeyed,I figured a drawing could help since we had a language barrier. I wouldn't say I took a long time to draw for him to scoot over and have a peek at what I was doing, let's say he was curious. He took a closer look at my drawing,a smile creeped up onto his face as he turned to me and let out a small chuckle upon seeing my astonished face. He was so,so,close to my face and I couldn't help but notice something significant in him.   Our first meeting transformed into pattern in our lives. We'd always meet here at the exact time at 10 o'clock-we'd stay for however long we wanted,doing whatever we could possibly do,sharing each others stories and cherish these few moments of freedom. We both used our own ways to communicate,mine being through art and his being through music.He certainly doesn't have a decent voice,in fact,his singing made it seem as if something was stuck in his throat,but I appreciate his efforts. I genuinely felt what he was trying to tell me through his song,and he saw the message I wanted to convey. We communicated through art,and that made everything more meaningful. Whenever tears flowed down like a river,he was there to wipe it away. When there was some treats,I had someone to share with. When there was happiness,there were you and I. In the long run,our relationship blossomed into something far more than just friendship.     -------------------------     ''우리 다시 만나'' were the words he'd always write on my sketchbook before we parted our to our own ways. I didn't know what it was at first
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter