Long Live

1983: Teukchul

I said, remember this moment
In the back of my mind,

November 6th, 2005. Jungsoo would always remember that day, forever, and he would always cry.

The time we stood with our shaking hands;
The crowds in stands went wild

He still remembers the pounding of his heart, right before they were due to broadcast live. He still remembers crying after the first stage, the family members crowding around.

We were the kings and the queens,
And they read off our names;

He remembers the first win with U, the first song to shoot them to international fame. Even if it was just within Asia, it felt like they had conquered the entire world.

The night you danced like you knew our lives
Would never be the same.

None of them knew that Sorry Sorry would be such a hit. It was a complete overnight surprise. Suddenly, Super Junior dominates the worldwide music charts, setting records where no one ever had before.

You held your head like a hero
On a history book page;

Super Junior racks up more music awards than anyone else ever had, sparking more boy groups than anyone else ever had - except maybe TVXQ. The pride that Jungsoo holds himself with, the sheer joy that threatens to burst out from inside, no one ever knows.

It was the end of a decade,
But the start of an age.

But good things never last, do they? They end 2010 with the departure of Han Geng. Jungsoo cries every night, and no one ever knows. No one, and Jungsoo has to pretend to be fine.

Long live the walls we crashed through,
All the kingdom lights shined just for me and you

All the awards, all the lights, all the stages, all the glory, all the fame.

But all the group?

I was screaming, "Long live all the magic we made!"

Jungsoo cried that day, the night they won the daesung. All the effort, then, had not gone to waste. If they couldn't have all of them, at least- at least it counted for something, didn't it?

And bring on all the pretenders!
One day, we will be remembered.

And Jungsoo is absolutely certain that Sorry Sorry will go down in history, Kibum, Han Geng, and all.

I said, remember this feeling?
I passed the pictures around;

"We were so childish," Heechul grumbles, throwing down a picture from Twins. Jongwoon picks it up, sighing through his nose.

"Yeah," he says, "but it was our first step into the industry. We were still so innocent."

Of all the years that we stood there on the sidelines,
Wishing for right now...

Youngwoon laughs. "Jungsoo-hyung," he splutters, "could have debuted with H.O.T!"

"Yeah," Jungsoo retorts, "but what do I get? I get all these kids."

We are the kings and the queens;
You traded your baseball cap for a crown,

"But what's wrong with us?" Sungmin asks. He was always the most sensitive, Jungsoo realizes. "We won more than H.O.T ever did!"

"And you get all the credit for being the leader!" Hyukjae adds indignantly.

When they gave us our trophies,
And we held them up for our town.

He was the one who cried at the awards ceremony, Hyukjae. Ah, really, this kid... what a heart.

And the cynics were outraged,
Screaming, "This is absurd!"

He still remembers the wars. Bonamana, Mr. Simple, y Free and Single, Mamacita, Devil.

"Let's just be real here," Donghae says hesitantly. "SNSD deserved the daesung... but I would be lying if I said I didn't think we would win."

'Cause for a moment a band of thieves in ripped up jeans got to rule the world!

"What a mouthful," Ryeowook mutters. "Just say you wanted us to win, and people might understand."

Kyuhyun snickers. He had always been on Ryeowook's side, Jungsoo remembers. Evil maknaes on top.

Long live the walls we crashed through,
All the kingdom lights shined just for me and you;

Just like Heechul was always by his.

Except that one time, that once during Bonamana, when they fought.

Jungsoo suddenly starts laughing, and Donghee looks at him in concern.

I was screaming, "Long live all the magic we made!"

"Hyung," he says, "are you okay?"

Jungsoo falls sideways, directly into Heechul's lap. Siwon shakes his head.

"Of course he's not okay," he answers. "When is Jungsoo-hyung ever okay?"

And bring on all the pretenders,
I'm not afraid

That's a lie, Choi Siwon, Jungsoo thinks. That's such a lie, and you know it.

I'm always fine. Always.

Never fine, never.

So maybe Choi Siwon had a bit of a point there.

But Jungsoo is always okay when he's with the group. He would, admittedly, be better off with the entire fifteen again, but you can't always have everything, right?

Long live all the mountains we moved;
I had the time of my life
Fighting dragons with you;

All the effort, all the memories, all the pain. It turned out all worth it in the end.

I was screaming, "Long live the look on your face!"

Because didn't they all work for it?

The day that Heechul enlisted, Jungsoo cried. And all the while, Heechul kept hold on his arm, and Jungsoo just wanted to get off the stage.

And bring on all the pretenders!
One day, we will be remembered

Later, there were reports saying Jungsoo had faked it.

How could he have?

Hold on to spinning around,
Confetti falls to the ground,
May these memories break our fall...

Kyuhyun's accident. Pin Up Boys. Silver hair. Endless CFs. MCs. Rising to power and respect. Pain. Breakthrough. Injuries.

Can you take a moment?
Promise me this:
That you'll stand by me forever,

And eventually, Heechul.

But if, God forbid, fate should step in
And force us into a goodbye;

Jungsoo never wanted to leave Heechul.

If you have children someday,
When they point to the pictures,
Please tell them my name.

Even when he looks at him now, there's still a ghost of a pain, a whisper of a broken heart once healed.

Tell them how the crowds went wild;
Tell them how I hope they shine...

Jungsoo never wants any of s' children to experience the pain that they experienced.

But he hopes that, even if they do, it will be worth it.

Long live the walls we crashed through;
I had the time of my life with you.

Just like theirs had been.

Long, long live the walls we crashed through;
All the kingdom lights shined just for me and you,

Jungsoo cries now, and no one laughs. They know the feeling, and they're all incomplete.

And I was screaming, "Long live all the magic we made!"

"Where are Zhoumi and Henry?" Jongwoon whispers, clearing his throat. No one answers that.

And bring on all the pretenders;
I'm not afraid

"We can only hope," Heechul says finally, heavily, "that they're doing well."

Singing long live all the mountains we moved,

"I don't blame them, you know?" Sungmin says quietly. "SM hasn't been the best to them."

I had the time of my life
Fighting dragons with you;

"Well, I mean," Donghae scoffs, a rare tone for him, "we left too, didn't we?"

"They thought we would be like Shinhwa," Kyuhyun says softly. "Pity we didn't turn out as such."

And long, long live the look on your face,
And bring on all the pretenders...!

"But you know what?" Jungsoo looks around him, every face present, all the faces past. "We're still okay, and we'll always be okay.

"Because we are Super Junior."

One day, we will be remembered.

 

 

 

 

 

 

one day, they will leave us

one day, we will be alone

and one day, we will forget

 

so long live the moment right now

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hey guys! Did y'all miss me? I'm back after a realllllly long hiatus. And uh, I know this was barely Teukchul, but I was having the feels ;;;

You know when the good times just don't last, and you dread the day it comes?

I dread that day.

On a happier note, is anyone here also an Inspirit? Tell me if you are!!! I did get into Infinite during my time off, and goddamn boiiii I love Kim Sunggyu so much!!!

Ahaha I'm sorry for such a long note, but I have no clue how AFF works anymore so I guess this is just part of the story now XD

Anyway yes I will definitely work on those requested stories from way back- um, last year XD wow that's a long time