final.

wild.

It was a hot summers day as you were preparing yourself for a last minute date with your boyfriend Ten and even saying 'boyfriend' in your head was so unusual.  And understandably, you were extremely nervous for how it would all plan out, considering you'd only known him for a few months and you were yet to go on a proper date with him. Not to mention he was an absolute sweetheart or at least from what you had assumed about his demeanour in the short time you had spent with him. He was initially shy when you'd first bumped into him at the coffee shop near your university and the only reason you two became closer was because it turns out he was also a student there too! As you talked more with him you came to know all the small details about his background and bubbly personality, of course he did all the talking in your friendship. One day when you two were walking to the same old coffee shop (your usual routine that blossomed your relationship). he suddenly asked you out and while it hadn't been all too romantic, it was still a touching advance.

Last night, Ten had randomly texted you asking if you wanted meet up and go around the city for an 'adventure'. Just like his personality, his description of this supposed adventure was quite haphazard and vague. For a rare moment in your life you made a spontaneous decision and replied back with a 'sure!'. You weren't sure if you regretted it now, as you were anxious on meeting him on a proper date but you shrugged your thoughts away, hoping to be more relaxed around someone so carefree like Ten. As you were absorbed in this inner discussion with yourself, a glance at the nearby clock made you realize you were gonna be late if you didn't get dressed in the next 10 minutes. Throwing on a simple outfit and grabbing your bag you made your way to the door, until you remembered you had forgotten something you were planning on taking with you. A baby blue box holding a dainty silver chain bracelet with a rectangular charm hanging off the side, reading the capitalized letter 'T'. You'd been jewellery shopping recently and had come across this gorgeous accessory, instantly reminding you of Ten. It wasn't too expensive so you had bought it on the spot and were thinking of giving it to him when you next saw him but somehow you felt he wouldn't like it. Regardless, you threw the small box into your purse and figured you would contemplate on giving him the gift later in the day if you felt up to it. One more look towards the watch on your hand and you dashed out the door.

You had agreed to meet up at the coffee shop as it wasn't too far for the either of you and it had some sentimental feeling for the both of you so it seemed like the right place to choose. Considering the good weather you decided to take a seat at one of the outdoor tables rather than the typical inside seats and you'd be able to see Ten from this position. You had no idea why you were so nervous but you found your hands fidgeting with the coffee stirrers sitting in front of you on the table and when you weren't doing that, you kept checking your texts to see if Ten had said anything about his whereabouts. The last thing you wanted was to not be prepared and be a stuttering mess in his presence...damn, you'd jinxed it. "Hey! Sorry I'm late, sweet...I got stuck in traffic on the way here."

Ignoring the affectionate nickname he'd given you, your heart was out of control as you spun around to face him. God, he was beautiful. Ten was adorned in a simple solid coloured tee, paired with faded blue jeans, a big puffy jacket and his usual variety of ear piercings. You questioned why he was wearing such a thick jacket in this kind of weather but he pulled it off so you didn't mind. "H-hey!" you managed to splutter out. He sensed your nervousness and threw you one of those stunning smiles of his before grabbing a hold of your hand.

"I should probably tell you what we're doing, I bought us tickets to the nearby amusement park. Is that alright?" He finally spoke, after a empty silence only filled with the sounds of the nature. You didn't mind it but you were flustered over the fact he was still tightly gripping onto your hand. "Really? I happen to love amusement parks and the excessive amount of sweet treats!" you said, clearing your throat in an attempt to be more confident.  "Well I guess I chose the right thing huh, babe?"

These nicknames he kept giving you were driving you crazy but you needed to remain composed and try not to embarrass yourself further. Nodding with a small smile you two continued walking towards the said amusement park and after 10 minutes you'd arrived in front of the flashy opening gates. "So...what's first m'lady? I mean I'm not particularly a fan of those spooky rides but maybe we can start off with something...less frightening." Ten chuckled, glancing at you with his big brown eyes. "Uh...well actually, I was going to suggest the haunted house, right over there," you said, pointing at a large decorated sign with the words "Terror Mania: Haunted House". "But if you're not up to it then I-"  "No no it's fine sweet, we can go on it. Anything for you." Ten interrupted with a smile, but he had a paler look on his face. Aw. Was he afraid of scary things? This would be a perfect chance for you to show your strengths since this whole time you seemed so passive. 

"Alright. What are we waiting for...babe?" you said, giggling as you imitated his way of speaking. Feeling a bit adventurous, you clutched onto his hand and dragged him along to the ride where you queued. For the first time in a while, there was silence between you and Ten. He was looking down at his feet and seemed a bit unnerved. Somehow you felt guilty for making him go on this ride, especially if he had a fear about this kind of stuff and being the gentleman he was, he wouldn't have said no to you anyway. To comfort the obviously uncomfortable boy and reciprocate the affection he'd show to you, you made contact with his cold hands and tightly held on to them. "You okay?" Ten slightly jolted at your sudden action and smiled back, as you felt his hand relax a little.  Eventually you walked into the dark room and you could tell Ten began tensing up again, but he was trying to pretend he wasn't totally freaking out on the outside. You were a big fan of horror movies and everything alike so even a walk through haunted house didn't phase you, instead giving you a thrill. Ten on the other hand was pretty squeamish and definitely not one to share your interests.

Only after the first 10 seconds of walking into to the dimly lit room, a woman wearing a cloak and blood dripping down from pops out from behind your group of people who were also in the haunted house with you. "Well I mean this doesn't seem so- HOLY !" Ten exclaimed as he hooked his arm around yours, turning his head away from the woman in absolute fear. He was adorable even in moments like these and you just wanted to cuddle him. "Awww. It's not so bad! Just stick by me okay?" You said, trying not to laugh at your now cowering boyfriend. Maybe this wasn't such a bad idea after all? Sure, Ten was on the verge of tears but you felt like you were able to be more comfortable around him and you'd both opened up to your true character. "Hey! It's not funny...not everyone is a fan of this eerie ," Ten pouted, as he pulled you closer to him.

The rest of the haunted house walk went similarly, with Ten not caring about what you'd think of him after and screaming (they were more like screeches) every 5 seconds as something remotely scary popped up. You had to say though, a scared Ten was very touchy than normal and he was more inclined to cling onto you for support and you enjoyed that secretly. Finally after what seemed like hours to Ten but only a short 15 minutes, you two were back outside in the gleaming daylight and quickly off to another abundance of rides. Hours went by and by the end of it you two were both exhausted and hungry, deciding to take a quick seat on a nearby bench.

"That rollercoaster ride almost made me puke my lunch up, never again do I agree to go on a ride you suggest!" Ten chuckled as he stretched his aching legs. "I can safely assume that your most preferred ride was the haunted house, right Tennie?" you mocked, internally applauding yourself for that cringy nickname you'd given him. "Shut up. I hated every second of that thing!" Ten muttered, with a sad look on his face. "Cheer up, silly! I'll treat you to some ice-cream if you stop sulking," And with that you just won Ten's heart. One thing you knew Ten loved was cookies and cream ice cream and it was almost the only flavour he ever ate. "Ice cream?" Ten asked, his eyes glimmering. "Yep! It's on me and anyway, I think you deserve it after what I put you through. And before you ask, yes I'm getting your favourite." "Have I told you how much I love you babe?" Ten grinned, standing up and pulling you to your feet. You'd succeeded in not becoming a hyperventilating mess so far but every time he smiled in your direction and added one of his endearing nicknames to his every sentence, it was so hard to not feel a little light headed. Realizing you'd been staring at him for a period that seemed way too long, you whipped your head around quickly to avoid him from seeing your growing blush. "N-no I mean...that's the first time you've said it," you mumbled, looking away from Ten's gleaming stare. "Well let me make this a second, I love you! And I don't mean for buying me ice cream but because you just get me and I realized this from the moment we met. I never show my appreciation for you enough so here it is!" Ten responded as he put his arm around you, waiting for your reaction. Reluctantly you turned to face him and saw him watching as your eyes darted nervously and you bit your lip in hesitation. You wanted to say 'I love you too' back but it was almost as if your throat hitched when you tried to speak and all you could hear was the sound of your heart beating. "Ah...looks like we're here," you finally replied with a flustered smile, as you two had made your way to the amusement park's ice-cream truck. You could hear Ten sigh to himself as he removed his arm from your shoulder, visibly disappointed that you didn't reply back after he basically professed his love for you. "Oh, nice. I'll find a table for us," Ten quickly answered, before walking in the direction of the park's seating.

Jeez...that went smoothly right? You quickly uttered your orders to a man decked out in a colourful apron who nodded and disappeared into the back of the truck to finish your order. Why did you have to freeze right at that moment? Maybe this would be the correct time to give him the box, as a sentiment of your feelings for him? You quickly thanked the server and pushed a few coins in his direction as you picked up the two cups of ice cream, a cookies and cream for Ten and strawberry for yourself. You weren't anticipating on approaching Ten after the awkwardness you sensed in his tone before he left but you knew you had to make him aware that his love wasn't completely one-sided. After looking through the sea of people for Ten, you eventually spotted him looking down at his phone at a small table for two. Taking a deep breath in, you headed over in his direction and hoped you wouldn't mess this up.

"I'm back, Tennie! Here's your beloved favourite...I asked the man to put extra chocolate sauce on it for you!" You cheered, trying to make clear the previous atmosphere. Ten muttered a thanks before beginning to take a bite from the cool and icy treat. Both of you were in need of food and polished your ice cream off without much conversation and you were immersed in your own thoughts until Ten abruptly stood up to throw his cup out. You followed along to the trash can and awkwardly stood as Ten remained silent. 

Now's your chance. "I um..what you were saying earlier, I wanted to tell you that I feel the same way and that although we're complete opposites we somehow fit together so well. I'm just gonna say it..I love you too, Ten! And I'm so sorry for leaving you hanging and making you feel uncomfortable but I-," Your rambling words were swiftly cut off by Ten's lips pressing against yours.

Oh god. Was this really happening? This was another first for sure and you weren't sure how to react to such a sudden move. You felt Ten's arms wrap around your waist and pull you closer, tightening the kiss and making you relax from your stiff position. You placed your palms on his jaw and in the process you could smell his strong cologne from how close your faces were to each other. For what seemed like eternity, Ten released you from his grip and shyly smiled at you. Your face was probably the brightest shade of red because you could not be more embarrassed as someone who wasn't used to such PDA. "Nice to know I wasn't head over heels in love with a girl who didn't even remotely like me back, huh?" Ten grinned, his arms finally releasing you. "Y-yeah," you stuttered for the billionth time, still taken aback.

"I also have something to give you, it's nothing much and if you don't like it that's totally fine to but I got this for you. Think of it as a token of appreciation."  You pull out the small and delicate box from your bag and place it in his hands. He looks up at you and then looks down before peering into the box, grasping the sliver in his hands as he looks in awe. Setting the box down, Ten places the bracelet on his hand and thankfully it fits his wrist perfectly. "Thank you. It's beautiful, I mean now I feel bad for not giving you anything babe!"

"Don't sweat! I'm glad you liked it, Tennie!" you reply, relieved he was happy with your little gift.  "Like it? I love it!" Ten whispered, before pulling you into a massive hug.