final

Worth It?

Junhui couldn't believe his eyes.

 

His mom told him when he first spotted the some small linesㅡlike a sketchㅡon the paper that he accidentaly slept on under his pillow, that it could be the picture of his soulmate. Being a young 9 years old he was, Junhui felt so thrilled because damn, he could meet them soon. His bestfriend, his other half, his everything. Just by thinking of it makes his stomach feels funny and he couldn't remove the grin from his face.

 

It gets clearer everyday. The lines are really starting to form into a sketch and soon became a clear face shape. The main parts then started to appear such as hair, ears and eyes. It's a boy, Junhui realised. He's 12 and he asked his mother when will excatly he meets him. His mother just patted his hair and hums softly, "you have to be patient, darling. They are called soulmate for a reason. Don't worry, everything will be worth it at the end". Junhui nodded while holds the drawing. His mother's voice keep ringing in his head, he promised himself to wait and keep the faith.

 

He failed. Days turned into weeks, then months, and years. He is now twenty ing one years old. The drawing stopped four years ago, it's perfect already. Yet Junhui still haven't meet him. He searched everywhere he could, showed the picture to almost every person he met at the street. He gave up and decided to make the soulmate find him instead. When they finally meet, his soulmate better have a very good explanation for everything. That is, if his soulmate is still alive. Even he doubted it.

 

 

So now, seeing what is few meters away from him, inside a train after his class, he couldn't help but to rubs his eyes furiously. That nose, that small lips. Those round eyes which even more sparkling in real life. Those cute ears, still visible altough he wears a headphone. He looks at the small tag hanging on his bag, 

 

"Xu Minghao"

 

He's chinese? Is that why i couldn't find him all this time? We shouldn't have moved, maybe then I could've met him faster, Junhui thought. 

 

His mind is a mess. Now that his soulmate is really here, his mouth suddenly feels dry, his brain wont form a word to say.

 

Then, the train stopped and Minghao steps out. Junhui hurries to follow him, bumping bags and suitcases in process. "Hey, hey!"

 

He keeps walking and Junhui keeps calling for him helplessly "Damn it, what on earth is he listening to?!" Minghao walks so fast, he tries hard to not lose him, using that backpack as a guide in between bunch of people coming back and forth.

 

Without him realising, they are now outside the station. Junhui sighs in relief when Minghao finally stopped to tie his shoelaces. Still calling him, he starts to run. He grew closer and stretch his hand to tap his shoulder,

 

but then suddenly someone grabbed his hand and pulls him back.

 

It happened too fast. One minute they were just a tap away, and now people are panicking, Junhui is clutching Minghao desperately while sobbing, his shirt starting to get red from all the blood.

 

~~

 

Thankyou so much for reading, please do comments with your opinions so i could improve;;;;

This was based on an au from awful-aus at tumblr with a plot twist! Thankyou for the admins there