Final

Train Ride Surprises
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kihyun arrives at the train station at 7:30, half an hour before his 8 o’clock train. He liked to do so just to make sure the train doesn't happen to show up early. “You can never be too safe,” Kihyun always said. He also enjoys grabbing a good window seat before they were all taken.

 

Today he was traveling back to the countryside to visit his parents. He can't wait because they said they had a special surprise for him. Maybe it's a car or something even better! Kihyun coukdnt wait.

 

The train arrives at about 7:59. Kihyun grins seeing how it shows up early. “You can never be too safe!” He thinks to himself before boarding. He was one of the first few people on the bus.

 

He picks a good window seat in the middle of the train. Once he sits down he places his bag onto the seat next to him. He was never the extrovert. He enjoyed sitting back and looking at people's interactions more than interacting with people himself. Of course if it were a person who needed the seat he would be sure to give it up.

 

The train is bound to leave in five minutes. Kihyun looks outside the window seeing many different people going their own many different ways. A child is throwing a fit at his mother who takes his candy away. A group of the elderly slowly walk towards the train, all holding cameras and such. “They must be on a trip,” Kihyun thinks. He then sees a young man around his age is running and rushing around the station, looking confused. “He must be late. This is why getting to the station early is a good idea.”

 

Kihyun looks up to see the group of elderly people board the train. He quickly grabs his bag and places it on his lap to make sure there was room just in case an elderly needed a seat. An elderly man approaches him to sit next to him but before he could the rushing boy from before runs onto the train and quickly past the elderly man. He sits in the seat next to Kihyun, leaving the elderly man with no seat.

 

“What the,” Kihyun says in shock. Kihyun sends eye daggers at the boy telling him to get out of the seat for the elderly man but the boy was looking the other way, panting from all the running. The elderly man looks at Kihyun with a worried expression. Kihyun knows that elderly people cannot maintain their balance in the fast moving train.

 

Kihyun prepares to give up his seat, after much consideration, but before he could a middle aged man in a business suit gets up and gestures the elderly man into his seat. The elderly man thanks him as the middle aged man walks past Kihyun’s seat to the back of the bus where it's easier to stand. However, not before he glares at Kihyun and the boy next to him, mumbling “inconsiderate youngsters” under his breath.

 

The elderly man looks grateful. He still smiles at Kihyun but Kihyun still feels guilty for not taking action sooner. “Great, now my happy day has turned sappy,” he thinks to himself and he knows who to blame.

 

Kihyun pokes the boy next to him to grab his attention. “Why are you so inconsiderate!” Kihyun screeches more than questions. The boy next to him looks annoyed and confused at first but then gives Kihyun a blank faced stare.

 

“How could you steal and old man’s seat? They cannot keep their balance on trains. Something bad could have happened to the old man if that guy didn't give him his seat.” The boy next to him continues to stare blank faced with his mouth slightly opening.

 

“What do you have to say for yourself?” Kihyun asks. There is no response from the staring boy.

 

“Stop staring at me and answer the question,” Kihyun demands angrily which seems to wake up the boy.

 

“Uh.. What?” The boy asks Kihyun.

 

“DID YOU SERIOUSLY NOT LISTEN TO A WORD THAT I SAID?” Kihyun nearly screams earning many shushes from the people around him.

 

Embarrassed, Kihyun scrunches back into his seat. “Uh.. Sorry,” the boy next to him says.

 

“Whatever, just drop it,” Kihyun says, not wanting to get riled up and scream again. He stares out the window trying to ignore what just happened to not ruin his mood any more.

 

~~

 

The boy next to him is gorgeous, Hoseok thinks. Hoseok couldn't help but stare at the boy as his mouth moves furiously and loud noises were leaving it, not that Hoseok could comprehend since he was too busy staring.

 

“Stop staring at me and answer the question,” the boy demands in which Hoseok half-consciously says “Uh.. What?”

 

The simple question makes the boy even angrier. “DID YOU SERIOUSLY NOT LISTEN TO A WORD THAT I SAID?” He screams which snaps Hoseok out of his daze but also earns him shushes from the surrounding people. If makes the boy scrunch cutely back into his seat.

 

Hoseok guesses he should apologize. Still slightly dazed, he tells the boy “Uh.. Sorry,” in which the boy tells him to drop it before staring out the window.

 

The train soon begins its journey. Hoseok continues staring at the cute boy next to him, looking away whenever he turned around but quickly looking back at the boy when he looks out the window again.

 

Hoseok does this for a while until the situation finally catches up to him. The boy is angry with him. Hoseok quickly thinks of a way to make it up to the gorgeous stranger next to him. He could give him a piece of pack of ramen he has in his bag, which he was supposed to eat for breakfast, or maybe just formally apologize. “Nah, just apologizing won't work,” he thinks to himself. He then decides to apologize with the ramen. “No one can say no to food.”

 

He reaches into his bag for the ramen and taps the boy next to him on the shoulder. Hoseok is ready to apologize as the boy turns but he spots an elderly woman struggling to walk on the train as it moved. She is about to fall but Hoseok quickly catches her. “Be careful, Madame. It's hard moving in a train let me help you,” Hoseok helps her to the train bathroom where she needed to go. Hoseok is very helpful when he is not in a rush and actually aware of his surroundings.

 

However, he was not aware of the boy staring at him confused yet with admiration at the same time.

 

~~

 

The train starts moving and Kihyun stares out the window, not wanting to have anything to do with the boy he sits next to besides the fact that they were seat partners.

 

He does so until he feels a tap on his shoulder by none other than his seatmate. “I can't believe this kid is even thinking about tapping me right now.” Kihyun turns around ready to give the boy a piece of his mind but before he could fully turn he sees the boy run and grab an elderly woman who was close to falling.

 

“Be careful, Madame. It's hard moving in a train let me help you,” the boy says as he helps her to the bathroom. Kihyun doesn't know how to feel. He's conflicted because the boy had just been such a douche half an hour ago and now he's the golden child who helps the elderly.

 

Kihyun hadn't noticed this before when he was screaming at the boy but he was pretty handsome and has a nice broad body too.

 

The boy quickly returns to his seat after he helps the elderly woman back to her seat. Kihyun quickly turns away but moments later he feels a tap from the boy again.

 

Kihyun turns around, not annoyed this time, and sees the boy hand him a ramen packet with both hands and his eyes shut closed. “I'm sorry about what happened earlier. I was very inconsiderate. I hope you can take this ramen pack and forgive me,” he says to Kihyun who melts at his incredibly cute face.

 

“Uh.. Yeah, let's put that past us,” Kihyun says once he comes back to his senses. “But it's okay I don't need the ramen pack.”

 

The boy grins at Kihyun making him stare at the boys beautiful smile. “Hoseok, Shin Hoseok,” he tells Kihyun.

 

“Oh what?”

 

“My name,” the boy, Hoseok, slightly giggles seeing Kihyun’s dazed face.

 

“Oh that's a nice name,” Kihyun says, still slightly dazed. He sees Hoseok still staring at him. “What?” He asks.

 

“Aren't you going to tell me your name too?”

 

“Shoot, Kihyun of course you're supposed to tell him your name too,” Kihyun thought to himself.

 

“Uh Kihyun, Yoo Kihyun.”

 

“That's a nice name too, I like it,” the boy says grinning once again, making Kihyun’s heart beat faster and faster.

 

Has Kihyun fallen for this boy?

 

~~

 

Hoseok is happy. The boy next to him accepts his apology but doesn't want his ramen pack. “This is what I call a win-win,” Hoseok grins at his thoughts.

 

“Hoseok, Shin Hoseok,” Hoseok tells the boy his name.

 

“Oh what?” The boy says, making Hoseok giggle at his slight dazed face.

 

“My name.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter