1/3

You are my Downfall, My Muse.

“Jimin stop pouting you were great out there.” Jin muttered for the umpteenth time.

“No hyung I fell. How is that great?” Jimin whined.

They just came back to the dorm after their last concert in South Korea concluding the series of concerts they did to support their latest album. Park Jimin the maknae of BTS a popular idol group fell during one of their songs due to the spilled water on stage and was currently quite upset due the said fall. Jimin knew it wasn’t his fault-at least not entirely-that he fell but he didn’t like making mistakes, didn’t like his performance being less than perfect, always giving his all. So falling was embarrassing. In his eyes that is. The other members thought differently and it seemed so did the fans.

“Yah! Park Jimin, stop whining. They love you no matter what. Didn’t you see their reaction when you fell? They were worried at first that you got hurt but then when you stood up all shy they were cooing. They went like ‘awww’. They adore you even when you are clumsy.” Namjoon put down his phone and jumped into the conversation before Jin went into his mother hen mode and start coddling Jimin. Or worst Jimin started crying because Kim Namjoon can bear anything other than seeing their maknae cry. And it’s not just him no one in BTS or Big Hit Entertainment; the company they are signed to can bear Jimin crying. Maybe it’s the way the tears glistened as they fall down his chubby cheeks or the way he rubbed his eyes to ebb their flow or how vulnerable he looked when he let go of that false bravado he always sports to show the boy underneath who was forced to grow up fast because of the life he chose, because of his dreams. Maybe it’s because how Jimin looked like a child with his trembling lip or how the atmosphere around the dorms become gloomy because there was no sunshine smile or high pitched laugh to brighten it up. Maybe it’s because wherever Park Jimin goes he spread happiness and love be it through his laugh or just his mere presence. But whatever it was Park Jimin always brought out the protective side in people. Park Jimin was well loved and pampered by his hyungs as well as the company because Park Jimin was a literal angel that was sent to Earth to just brighten their day and sooth them with his heavenly voice.

“He is right you know. You are cute and when you are clumsy it makes you more adorable. It adds to the charm.” Hoseok said drying his hair with the towel Jin handed him as soon as he got out of the shower.

“Hyung! I am 19. Cute is not the image I am going for.” Jimin said plopping himself on the couch.

“Jiminie it doesn’t matter how old you are, you are always going to be cute. It’s like fated.” Jin laughed ruffling Jimin’s hair.

“How’s that fated?” Jimin asked scrunching his nose unknowingly doubling his cuteness.

“That’s not the point.” Jin muttered. “Then what is?” Jimin huffed.

“The point is you are always going to be effortlessly cute just like you are always going to be the maknae of this group.” Yoongi said exasperated.

“How did we get from falling to cute?” Jimin whined.

“Jimin listen to me. You fell but you got up. Hell it wasn’t even your fault. You rocked the stage and gave your best and that is what matters. Instead of dwelling on the past you should prepare for the future.” Namjoon said sitting beside Jimin on the couch.

“I guess you are right hyung.” Jimin said and finally smiled; the smile everyone in the room was waiting for. The smile which instantly makes you feel better. Makes you think everything is alright in the world. The smile which was sunshine and rainbow, precious jewels stacked together. It was like the sunlight breaking through the clouds after a heavy storm. It was Park Jimin’s genuine smile and you know you are a goner when it’s directed at you.

“Now that’s out of the way are we going to eat?” Yoongi asked hopefully.

“Yeah let’s eat.” Jin nodded turning towards the kitchen with the rest right behind him.

 


 

It was a typical morning in bangtan dorm well typical for when they were free of schedules which was a rare occurrence in itself. It wasn’t like the company was slaving them or something they were offered loads of free time. It was just that they were a bunch of restless individuals who couldn’t sit still, always wanting to do something or to prove something. Even on their days off they are always filming something for the fans be it bangtan bomb or vlive.

“Hoseokie hyung! Why are you showering in my room? You have a shower in yours.” Jimin said while banging on the bathroom door which was currently occupied by the sneakiest person to exist in the world. Well he had to be if he could get past Jimin while he was busy rummaging through his closet.

“Sorry Jiminie, Yoongi hyung was taking too long and I had to get rid of all this sweat from jogging.” Hoseok answered his voice kind of muffled due to the running water and the shut door.

“And you think I don’t? Why did I get a room to myself if I don’t even have the privilege to shower whenever I want?.” Jimin sighed banging on the door one last time. He was only answered by Hoseok’s laugh and Jimin smiled despite himself.

“Hurry up.”

 


 

“Jimin pass me the pancakes.”

“Hyung where is the orange juice?”

“Jin hyung where is butter? I can’t find it.”

“Namjoon here’s your coffee.”

“Hoseok eat with your mouth closed.”

“Jimin do you want more pancakes or eggs?”

Breakfast around the bangtan dorm is always a chaos but the sound of clinking forks, scraping of chairs, lively conversations is what makes it homey. Comfy. They were just done with the breakfast with Jimin and Hoseok cleaning the table since they were on dish duty. Namjoon and Yoongi were discussing some raps and Jin was talking to his parents on the phone. The dorm was shrouded in silence for once save for the occasional sounds of the clinking cutlery or murmured discussions or a giggle; mostly from Jimin and Hoseok here and there. The silence didn’t last long though. The sound of the doorbell going off directed their attention towards the door and Jin hurried to buzz them in.  It was their manager.

“Hey hyung. How are you? Do you want some breakfast or coffee or anything?” Jin immediately questioned.

“No Jin I am fine I just had some on the way. And you should really breathe in between your sentences.” Their manager smiled.

 “Aish hyung! You surprised me that’s why I am like this.” Jin answered sheepish.

The voice of their manager captured Jimin’s and Hoseok attention who were busy flicking the towel at each other and they rushed towards the hall forgetting about their towel fighting momentarily. Because the presence of their manager in their dorm, on their day off could only one thing. He has some important news to deliver. And it cannot wait.

“Hyung what brings you here?” Namjoon asked after everyone settled on the couches while their manager occupied the single couch facing them.

“You guys are finally done with the concerts and knowing you guys you must be itching to head back to the studio to start working on your next creation.” Their manager said with a fondness in his voice.

“You know us so well hyung.” Namjoon laughed.

“So about the reason I am here. You absolutely cannot get angry ok?” Their manager said fiddling with his hands. He was emanating so much nervousness in the air that you could actually choke on it.

“Hyung what is it?” Yoongi asked, a frown etched on his usually poker face.

“Ok. Ok. The company more specifically Pd nim wants one of you to collaborate with-”

“Wait collaboration? That’s dope. With who?”  The manager was cut off by Hoseok excited cheer. 

 “I was getting to that.” The manager said not meeting their excited gazes.

“Wait. Only one of us?” Namjoon questioned.

“Are they from the same company as us?” Jin piped up from next to Namjoon.

“Hyung are you ok?” Jimin questioned noticing their manger sweating.

“Uhmm….yeah. I am ok.” The manager directed his smile towards Jimin since nobody can ignore that boy and his immense kindness. “Yes and yes. Only one of you and he is from the same company.” The manager continued.

“Who is it?” Yoongi questioned.

“You are not going to like this. Damn I didn’t want to be the one to tell you this.” The manager whined and it was such an uncommon sight for the boys that they burst out laughing making the manager laugh too since it was infectious. When the laughter died down their manager was significantly less nervous.

“I am going to just lay it out and hope you guys won’t pummel me into tomorrow.” He said

“Hyung we would never do that.” Jimin was shocked and it looked like the rest of the members were too.

“Uh ok. So its uhmmm….I am sorry I tried to change Pd-nim’s mind but he was adamant. It’s Jungkook. Jeon Jungkook.” As soon as the manager whispered his name everything became quiet. You could even hear a pin drop it was that silent. They were frozen in their places with variety of expressions clouding their features. Namjoon was shocked his mouth hanging open while Yoongi was seething. Jin looked troubled while Hoseok has different emotions marring his features one after another with rapid succession that it was difficult to read one and Jimin well he was a different story. Jimin looked sad but also worried not because of the news though but because of the reactions his hyungs were bound to deliver once the news sunk in. They Hated Jungkook. Hated him with a capital H. And the hate hadn’t changed not when they were trainees and definitely not after they debuted. It had been more than 4 years and it seemed like the hatred was as strong as ever and it was mutual. Jimin was eyeing them knowing  all hell is going to break loose. And break loose it did.

“Hyung what the hell? We are not going to collaborate with that jerk” Yoongi exploded.

“No. Definitely no. None of us wants to work with that a*shole. Namjoon backed Yoongi up.

“He is right. Besides I am sure even Jungkook doesn’t want this.” Jin murmured.

“I definitely didn’t want to do this but I have no choice.” The manager ran a hand down his face. “Listen guys this is not up for discussion or negotiation. This is not a matter of whether you like it or agree to it. It’s a direct order and one of you has to come forward and do this collaboration with Jungkook at all cost.” The manager continued looking through his pockets and pulled his phone out. “Pd-nim wanted to talk to you after I informed you about this.”

At Namjoon’s nod he dialed and the call connected.

“Hello. BTS I suppose all of you are in presence?”

“Yes Pd-nim we all are here.”  Namjoon answered being the leader of BTS he was the voice of the group more often than he wants to be.

“So you were informed about the collaboration?”

“Yes we know but we don’t want to do it Pd-nim.” This time it was Yoongi who responded.

“The reason being?”

“Pd-nim we don’t get along with him after that incident and that’s putting it nicely besides I am sure even he would refuse to do the collaboration.” Namjoon answered politely.

“Jeon Jungkook has agreed to do it.”

Jimin was listening to the phone conversation quietly but what Pd-nim said shocked him. Jeon Jungkook agreed. That’s impossible. Highly unlikely.

“But we still don’t want to do it.” Hoseok finally spoke.

“Listen it’s not up for debate. You guys are doing this and you will. Rumors are going around that you and him don’t get along that there’s some kind of feud and its affecting the company. I never forced you but this time I have no choice, if the news that two of the most important and popular artists of the same company have bad blood gets out it wouldn’t be good. He may be younger than most of you but he is still your sunbae and that warrants some respect. Besides it’s high time for all of you to let what happened in the past go and start getting along. Alright?”

“So who has to work with him?” Jin questioned eyeing Namjoon and Yoongi since they were still processing Pd-nim’s words.   

“It’s up to you. Decide who it’s going to be and inform me.”

“Ok we will.” Namjoon agreed because there was no way out of it. The tone their boss used had a hint of finality in it and it was useless to argue.

As soon as the phone conversation came to an end the manager left as well wishing them luck. Jimin knew that the members didn’t like Jungkook hell he even heard them saying it themselves a million times already  and it seemed Jungkook wasn’t a fan of them either but he didn’t know why. When Jimin joined the company to be a part of bangtan things were already like this so whatever happened between them, happened before he came into the picture. Jimin being a curious soul obviously wanted to know the reason behind it but whenever he questioned about it the answers were always the same no matter who the question was directed at ‘Leave it Jimin. There’s no use talking about it’ or ‘Forget it Jiminie’ or even ‘Jiminie don’t worry that head of yours over something like this’ it was always some variation of it. But right now Jimin wanted to know the reason behind all this and he voiced as much.

“Hyung what happened between you? Why is there so much hate?” Jimin asked kneeling in front of Namjoon and Yoongi who were sitting on the couch.

“Jiminie it’s a long story and to be really honest I don’t want to talk about this.” Namjoon sighed.

“Namjoon I think you should talk about it. Jimin deserves to know.” Jin said rubbing Namjoon’s shoulders.

Namjoon looked at Jin and whatever he saw on his face must have encouraged or convinced him because the next instant he sighed and started talking.


A/N

Helloo!!!
BLONDE JIMIN KILLED ME!!! I AM LITERALLY HAVING PALPITATIONS!!!
Anyways fangirling mode aside how do like it so far?
Let me know in the comments below.