031314: Who said it first?

The Gomi Family

 

 

Who said it first? - March 13, 2014  

 

 

“Tae bear, say daddy, daaaa-di,” Jongin asks Taeoh, who’s currently sitting in his baby chair, watching his dad with eyes full of wonder. The camera’s set on their couch, recording both the elders who are having a competition on who between the twins will be able to learn how to call their parents first.

 

Kyungsoo’s somehow on the winning side with Yoo starting to pronounce the “-ppa” from “Appa”, making Jongin even more desperate (and whiny, definitely whiny).


 

Hyuuung, he won’t say anything! This is so unfair. Daddy is harder to pronounce!”

“Don’t give me that excuse Jongin, we both know they have the same number of syllables,” The elder sasses.


 

Before they started the game, they came to an agreement that the winner will get to choose where they’ll order take-out for dinner. So sensing Jongin’s incoming defeat, Kyungsoo stood up to take a break and search for the contact number of his favorite pizza delivery. This leads to Jongin’s determination firing up because no way is he gonna let his husband have pizza when he wants to have his favorite chicken nuggets with the oh-so-sweet barbecue sauce.

 

“C’mon Tae, let’s do this. Say da-” He asks, ears all open in case a miracle happens and his son finally lets him win.

 

 

Taeoh grins at him and squealed, “Daaaa!”

“Oh my God, oh my God we’re getting there! Now say ‘-ddy’”

“Gad!” Taeoh giggles, imitating his daddy saying “God”.

“Nooo, not gad, say da-”

“Duh~”

“-ddy

“....”

“C’mon baby, say -ddy,” Jongin desperately urges.

“di”

 

 

Jongin gasps, “Now say daddy!”

D’ddy,” Taeoh giggles.

“OH MY GOD! SOO DID YOU HEAR THAT?! TAE BEAR SAID DADDY!” The younger screams, barely able to contain his excitement over winning.

 

On the couch, Kyungsoo’s gaping at him, obviously surprised for getting his first defeat.

 

“I can’t believe my own son betrayed me,” He pouts.

“Hey, he’s my baby too you know! Anyway, can I have the honor of calling the chicken store so we can finally eat the oh-so-delicious chicken nuggets I’ve been craving since last night?”

“Jongin, we had chicken for breakfast and lunch yesterday!”

“That doesn’t mean we can’t have it today, hyung. Right Tae bear and Yoo bear?”

 

Let’s just say he got excited squeals as a response and Kyungsoo can only stare at the pizza menu on his phone as Jongin dials the number he had memorized by heart, the number of his favorite chicken fast food delivery.

 

“The things I sacrifice for you three,” He sighs.

“Love you too, hyung,” Jongin smiles, kissing him on the cheek, knowing that it would suffice.