Final

Madness served on a plate

  

 

Bags of groceries sat on the island counter in Kwon leader's kitchen. Each bag has a name labeled, belonging to which member.

"I still don't think this is a good idea." Jiyong lamented. Again.

"Come on, Ji, I think it's a great idea. Besides, it's not my kitchen to clean up." Nudging his best friend with his elbow, Taeyang is probably the only one who dared to speak like that to Jiyong.

"Someone stop Top hyung?!" The high pitched voice coming from the lounge suggested that the maknae alone was having trouble with the baby of the group.

"Where's Daesung? If there's a person who can stop our hyung, it's him." Jiyong looked at Taeyang, his brows creased into a frown.

When their eyes met, a thought dawned upon the both of them. The five of them came back together, Seungri can't handle Top, that could only mean...

"Oh no..." They said at the same time.

Dashing into the lounge, they saw Daesung trapped on the armchair, Seunghyun on top on him, trying to kiss Daesung and Daesung trying to shun away.

"Hyung!" Jiyong barked, "Stop trying to hump Daesung at every chance! And Daesung, sue him for harassment or something already!"

"I'm not humping him! I'm recharging my Daesung meter!" The big baby fussed, clinging on to the muscular figure, burying his face against Daesung's neck.

"Hyung, he's not harassing me. He's just seeking attention." He reassured, wrapping his arms around Seunghyun and patting his back. "Come on, Top hyung, let's go cook." He managed to coax Seunghyun off him, promising him a kiss after dinner. Almost immediately, Seunghyun grabbed the younger man's neck and marched off with his prisoner in the direction of the kitchen.

"What a fast switch of personalities." Seungri raised his brows and scoffed, while secretly moving closer to the leader.

"Go away." Jiyong spat, noticing the maknae shuffling closer.

"Don't be cold~" Whined a pouty Seungri.

Jiyong rolled his eyes and walked off, leaving the sulky maknae trailing behind.

Taking out his cell phone, Taeyang sent a text to his girlfriend, 'Babe, I miss you so bad. Xxx'

A few seconds later, his phone rang. 'The boys giving you trouble? Hang in there, bae. I'm going back to work. Xoxo.'

He sigh, realizing that once more, he's left with the role of mothering four overgrown kids.


---

"Top hyung, why is your bag filled with only wine, ramyeon and caviar? What are you going to cook with them?" The maknae pointed to his grocery bag.

"Shh! Panda. I don't know how to cook, you know that. I'm just going to make ramyeon with caviar, you know, like in 'happy together'." Top whispered, a hand clamped over the maknae's mouth. "Can't let Taeyang find out. That man's crazy in the kitchen."

All eyes were on Daesung as he proceeded to happily unpack his stuff, smiling and humming to himself. Soon, his corner was covered with an assortment of vegetables, chicken and eggs.

They knew he was a health guru, was he planning to convert them too? But no one said a thing because who would want to murder that much cuteness?

"Yah, Kang Daesung! We are not cows, you plan to stuff us with that garden over there?" A voice broke the silence. Although Taeyand did speak out everyone's mind, he did it a little too harshly.

"Oh... I just thought I'll make some salad for appetizers before all that good food you will be cooking. I didn't realize..." That bright smile was gone and an apologetic expression replaced his previously happy one.

The other three members looked like they wanted to beat Taeyang up. He felt like hitting himself too. Their angel didnt deserve this.

"Sorry Daesung, I was too harsh."

"No, no. You were right." A small smile wormed itself onto the chubby face but it was wan and sad.

. Now he would be label as a puppy killer, a sinner.

At that moment, Top chose to break the slience by hugging the sad angel and made excessively loud kissing noises. When Daesung pushed his face away, he tickled the shorter man, bringing back his laughter.

That eldest always had a way with his guardian.

"Bae, what are you cooking?" Jiyong was curious. Why wouldn't he be? Among the five of them, Youngbae was the most accomplished cook.

Which reminded the vocalist, he was still a little upset over the fact he lost to Daesung in 'Happy Together'. Look at the table, he had planned out a whole elaborate meal and Daesung only bought a garden. It was just luck.

"Maeuntang, chapchae and kimchijeon." He answered proudly.

"Competitive, are we?" Jiyong raised a brow knowingly. Tae yang only shrugged his shoulders, neither admitting nor denying but his childhood friend knew better.

"Ji, give me some abalone. I know you have some in your fridge. Oh, ginseng too. Oh, and the scallops too."

"No! I refuse. They're mine and they are expensive!"

"But you don't use them. And you have the only Black card in Korea!"

"Still!"

"Fine!" Taeyang huffed and started to prepare the food.

After some time, only Daesung, Seungri and Taeyang were working. Top and Jiyong, who couldn't cook to save a life, stood at the opposite side of the island, a bottle of wine between them. While Jiyong barely finished his glass, Seunghyun had already gone through three.

Surprisingly, Seungri was the first at the stove, frying his signature tuna omelet, a simple dish yet loved by his hyungs.

The bottle of wine was finishing, producing a rather tipsy Top, not drunk just tipsy. He walked up to his favorite dongsaeng and hugged him from behind. "Daesungie~"

"Aish. Hyung, go out if you're not going to do anything here. Go and admire Jiyong hyung's art collection or bearbricks or something." Daesung spun around to face the mischievous man and told him in a firm tone that bids for no disobedience. This big baby was getting out of hand.

However, Seunghyun still had a card up his sleeve. He lowered his head, the corners of his lips turned down and then...

The puppy eyes.

The effect was immediate. Daesung literally melted inside under that sad gaze. "Fine, I'll finish as soon as possible and join you, okay?" He relented a little.

"Ji, come with me. Maknae, when you are done, bring your omelet and a glass." The eldest called over, a note of triumph present in his voice.

"Wait for me, I'm done." Seungri called back.

Within a couple of minutes, the kitchen was left with the eye-smile brothers working quietly.

When Daesung had finished his grilled chicken salad, he tried to help. His offer of assistance was, however, turned down by Taeyang. "You go out there too. Stop those three unruly beings from getting drunk, especially Top hyung."

Satisfied that he could finally focus fully on his cooking, he hummed a tune, doing little dance steps and spins, just basically enjoying himself.

Everything was going smoothly, until the cat woke up...

The cat wandered into the kitchen, looking for food. It jumped onto the island and proceeded to put its evil little paws into everything. It spotted the fish meant for the stew and lunged for it. Even though Taeyang saw it, the speedy little devil was much too fast for him. The island was a mess. Chasing the little devil up around the kitchen, it jumped up from the counter and onto the condiments shelf above the stove.

"No! Nonono!" Taeyang yelled as he helplessly watched the cat swept the little containers into the pots simmering below, then it jumped off, running away with the fish.

Storming into the lounge, Taeyang grabbed Jiyong, who was sitting on Seungri's lap, by collar, his sanity barely held together by a thread. "Your evil cat just managed to ruin dinner. All of it." He gritted between his teeth.

"Chill, Bae. It's a cat. We can just make something else."

"What is left for us to cook? Everything's ruined." He said dejectedly.

Top got off his sofa and grabbed Daesung running off to the kitchen. Assuming that they wanted to check how much damage was done, Taeyang just let them be. Seungri handed him a glass of wine, to which Youngbae chugged down, and pat him on the shoulder, consoling him.

"Where's the omelet?" Taeyang asked, noticing the empty plate on the table.

"Erm, we were all kind of hungry..." The words coming from the maknae barely audible.

Taeyang rolled his eyes then flopped down onto the armchair occupied previously by the inseparable couple and lowered his head in defeat, burying his face in his hands.

That is until the timbre voice announced, "Dinner's ready!"

"What do you mean? There's nothing left." Taeyang called back.

The couple brought out plates of ramyeon and salad out to the dinning area. "Nope, hyung is here to save the day. Also, Daesung's garden remained unscathed. Youngbae, I swear that you often forget that we are adults. So, dinner anyone?"

So, it really was luck. Bad luck on his part and good luck with Daesung.

Oh well, to hell with luck. If his dongsaeng keeps smiling like that, he would willingly lose any competition to him because his smile makes everything in the world right. Well, everything is alright now. The five of them are one, each one covering for another's shortcoming. The reason why they have never had a big fight. You can't really fight with yourself.

"Alright then, let's eat!" Maknae said to his two hyungs.

They may earn a lot of money but something about eating cheap ramyeon together really warms the heart.

Maybe it's the magic of instant noodles. Their moods were lifted, comfort food indeed.

"Taeyang gets extra caviar because he worked the hardest." Scooping another spoonful of said caviar, Seunghyun dumped it unceremoniously onto Taeyang's plate.

A thought crossed their minds that they should have done this from the start. That their eldest hyung was a genius?

Save for Seunghyun, the four shook their heads in unison, unable to agree with the last thought. Staying together for a decade must have made them think alike.

Excusing himself from the table, Jiyong went into kitchen, returning a few mintues later with a big plate of melted choco pies for dessert. Only their Kwon leader will do this.

"Reminds me of ten years ago, doesn't it? Poor trainees who can't even afford a good meal. Look at us now. Top hyung is still crazy about Daesung, I'm still playing tom-and-jerry with the maknae. The only difference is that Taeyang has a girl." They laugh at the pun, making fun of Taeyang's song.

The main door opened and Dami walked in. "Hey, boys." She greeted.

"Hello, noona." 

Stuffed full of junk food, with the exception of the salad, they sat around drinking and talked about crazy stuff that only boys can think of. They still have the same mentality they had ten years ago.

Boys, duh. 

"What the crap?! Did you boys fight a war in here?! Clean the mess up right now! All of you!" Dami yelled from the kitchen.

Just like ten years ago.

 


Cooking is my profession, so I do wonder from time to time what would the boys be like in the kitchen. 

And happy 10th anniversary to BigBang. I'm proud of them and I'm proud to have been a VIP for 8 years.