Memories of Last Christmas…

Last Christmas? No, it's This Christmas

So here is the first chapter! I forgot to tell you guys that this will be a twoshot :D Anyway,

Merry Christmas everyone~ ^. ^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

December 23th 2011…

Minho walked along the street of Seoul with his hands inside the pockets of his coat, trying to keep it warm from the cold breezes of winter. He was on his way to meet his friends when he noticed a couple walked pass him. The girl was hugging her boyfriend’s arm and smiling happily while saying something about Christmas. That was when he remembers Christmas is tomorrow. He stopped his track a bit as he looked at the happy couple then continued on his way. Everyone around him was really excited for the day to come, looking forward to the date with someone or taking a chance to confess their feeling. I bet someone would love to have a kiss under the mistletoe. But him? Nah, he’s just not the one for something like that.

Seeing that he finally reached the destination, he pushed the door of the small café and stepped in. This cafe is a special place, this is where he met his friends and got close to them. And before he could do anything, he heard someone called his name.

_Minho-yah! Over here!

Turning to the source of the voice, he smiled at the four boys at the corner table before making his way there and got himself a seat. After telling the waiter his usual order, he turned back to his friend.

_So how’s the sport club, Minho? - The one beside him asked.

That’s Lee Jinki, the eldest of them all. He’s 22 years old but sometimes acts like the maknae of the group. Jinki is childish, kind, funny and clumsy. With his thousand megawatts smile and a voice that could melt anyone heart, he became the idea guy of many girls. He even got his nickname “Dubu” for his soft image. Who wouldn’t like such a sweet guy like that?

_Still the same hyung. - The boy simply replied.

Maybe you guys can already guess, this 20 years old guy Choi Minho is a jock. He may seem quiet but totally not hard to approach. Minho is good at sport, especially soccer and he’s really serious when he plays. Everytime he plays, he gives off this aura which people called it “Flaming Charisma”. You don’t expect such a hot, charismatic jock like that would be a normal guy, do you?

_Can you guys just forget about it for a second? - The other hot guy chuckled.

Kim Jonghyun, 21 years old. Handsome, hot but short, plus his friends always say he looks like a dinosaur. This playful guy loves to play prank and teasing his friends but his “fans” only see: cool, manly and his angelic voice. He’s a bit of a flirt but totally not a player. Unfortunately, when he got “seduce” by a crazy “fan girl” last year , people started to think that he a player. He does flirt but that doesn’t mean he’s a player, right?

_Yeah, you two are no fun. - The guy with that catching outfit shook his head and sipped on his drink.

That’s Kim Kibum or what he called himself, Key. 20 years old, he’s the diva and the fashionista of the group, which explain the outfit he was wearing. Since he lives with his mother and grandma, he takes care of his friends and nags a lot, making his friends feel annoy sometimes. Some may say that he’s gay but that doesn’t stop people from liking him. His words maybe blunt sometimes but he only say that for your own good, don’t you think?

_So, what are we doing here hyung? - And everyone turned to that cute guy beside Jinki.

He’s Lee Taemin, 18 years old and is the maknae of the group. This cute guy has the aegyo could steal all the noonas heart happen to be Minho’s cousin. He’s childish, can be prank sometime and has that innocent charm but can also be mature at times. He has a great passion in dancing and is really good at it. That’s why people called him Dancing Machine. Although he’s only a freshman but he’s already so popular. Well, don’t you just love that innocent charm of him?

_Well - Jinki spoke - Since maybe we couldn’t gather up tomorrow, so I thought we could celebrate it today instead.

_Wait? Celebrate? - Jonghyun being his playful self, pretended to be shock - Celebrate what? Did we start dating or something?

_Stop joking hyung. - Key said with a smile and lightly slapped the older arms while the others started to laugh.

_Yeah, it’s already a year. - Minho said, thinking how time flew that fast.

_Our meeting was totally a weird one, don’t you guys think? - Taemin’s eyes seemed to spark when he remember that day a year ago.

_I think the weird part is where we share our stories. I couldn’t believe that something like that would happen on a Christmas night! - Jinki exclaimed.

_And you were the one who started it. - Jonghyun looked at the older one amusingly - A seatmate love story~ Eunmi, isn’t it?

_Yeah, her name is Eunmi, Shim Eunmi.

Jinki nodded as he think about it. Eunmi was his seatmate in the music class and he literally fell for her at the first sight. She was pretty with her long silky hair, fair skin, twinkling eyes and red plump lips. She was so friendly and greeted him first while he could hardly say a word. From that day on, he always looking forward to the music class to see her again. She was like the sunshine in his world then. Eventually, they got close and he decided to confess his feeling on this special day: Christmas. He can still remember that cold night, in front of her house…

 

*****Flashback*****

_What if she wasn’t home? Or worse than that, what if her parent opens the door!? Argh! What should I do!?

Jinki was basically pacing back and forth in front of her house. He was so nervous that the gift box in his hands could be crumble at any moment.

Relax Jinki, relax. Everything will be okay.

He tried to calm down his heartbeat as he was breathing in and out slowly. Right then, a wonderful idea flashed through his mind, he could give her the gift without showing up. And with that, a smile crept up his lips as he carefully walked up to the front door and putted down his gift. But before he could even ring the doorbell, he noticed someone was walking toward this way so he quickly hid inside the bush nearby. It surprised him when stopped in front of her house was Eunmi and some unknown guy.

Who’s that guy?

He frowned as he looked at how close they were when Eunmi showed that guy his gift. His mind filled with questions as he listened to their conversation, hoping that he was wrong. But the moment she tiptoed and kissed that guy’s cheek, he known he was too late.

*****End flashback*****

 

His thought was cut when the waiter came back with Minho’s drink. Quietly cleared his throat, he came back to the present and took a sip on his drink.

_And in the end, she didn’t even know about your feeling. - Key remarked while shaking his head.

_It’s still lucky that she didn’t know, some of you guys are even worse than me, remember? - He said and turned his head toward the dino looking boy.

Yes, Jonghyun wasn’t any better than Jinki last year. At that time, he was falling for this girl name Han Jihyun. She was the kind of girl that doesn’t have a heart for a hot guy but unknowing making him falls for her. And that was when the incident happened and people started to see him as a player. He tried to explain himself and even confessed to her but nothing worked. He didn’t give up though and that only hurt him more…

 

*****Flashback*****

Jonghyun was waiting at her locker with a gift box in his hands, he really wanna show her that his feeling is sincere. And when he heard that familiar voice, his head snapped up as she stopped her track, as well as her friend.

_I bought this for you. - He said as he held out the gift in front of her - Merry Christmas Jihyun.

Everyone include her friend was looking at her, waiting for an answer  but she only stared back blankly at him before turning away.

_Wait! Where are you going!? - He quickly grasped her wrist before she could go any further.

_Let go of me! - She tried to make him let go but his grip was really tight - I don’t have anything to do with a guy like you!

_I already told you, I didn’t touch that girl! She was the one that attack me and made up those things!

_What kind of crazy girl would do something like that? Now let go of me!

He didn’t wanna let go at all, but the moment someone pulled her out of his grip, a punch instantly flew toward his face making him fell on the floor. The gift box slammed against the floor along with his hands making the box crumbled and the sound something was breaking inside could be heard.

_Don’t you touch my girl with your dirty hands! If I ever see you near her again then you’re gonna regret it. Let’s go Jihyun.

He heard footsteps hurried away and people must be staring at him but he just couldn’t bring himself to look up from the floor. His heart was already broken like the crystal ball inside that box.

*****End Flashback*****

 

_Don’t look at me, I’m over it now. - Jonghyun said - But gotta admit, I like Key’s story.

_What? How could you like that hyung? Now I wonder why I even told you guys about that. - Key turned away from his chuckling friends and reach for his drink.

Key was in love with his high school bestfriend, Gu Hayoung. It was a simple bestfriend love story. As they were so close with each other, eventually someone would fall in love. But that doesn’t mean the other one will feel the same way.

 

*****Flashback*****

Key was waiting in front of Cheongnam University (made up), the college that Hayoung went to because he promised to pick her up. They had a date today. It wasn’t actually a boyfriend-girlfriend date but they were going to enjoy Christmas with each other.

What’s taking her so long?

He kept looking at his watch impatiently while trying to look for her in the crowd of students. A smile appeared on his face when he spotted her but something has stopped him from calling her. Everyone was looking around in confusion as the music suddenly filled the air. Then there was this guy with a rose in his hands appeared and people started to make noise as he made his way toward this certain girl. And that girl was no other than Hayoung.

_Ever since that day I saw you in the hallway, my heart has been stolen by you. Would you be my girlfriend?

Key stood there in shock as the guy twirled her around when she accepted his rose. He was supposed to be the guy who confesses his feeling to her today. But he lost his chance. If only he wasn’t one step late. He was lost in his thought when suddenly she appeared in front of him.

_Key! - She attacked him with an embrace - Did you see that? Did you see that!? He just confessed to me, in front of the crowd! Omo, I’m so happy!

_Whoa~ Congrat Hayoung-ah - He faked a smile although she might not notice it.

_But eotteokke? We supposed to go out today.

_Don’t worry about me, I’ll be okay. You should comeback with your “boyfriend”. You’re not gonna ditch him after what he just did right?

_Will that be okay? - She asked, still felt a bit guilty but he just gave her a reassuring smile - Fine, I’ll make it up for you the other time then. Bye~

Waving goodbye, he stood there looking at her running into the other man arms. And just like that, he let her go.

*****End Flashback*****

 

_Well, I guess mine was the worst here. - Minho smiled a small smile as he also recalled his story.

That girl name Kim MinA, one of the Queenka in Seoul University (made up). He didn’t know why he was such a fool to believe that she was someone different. Well, but now he know that if she was really that different, she wouldn’t be a Queenka from the start.

 

*****Flashback*****

Minho was roaming around the mall with his cousin, Krystal, trying to find a gift for his new girlfriend.  It was already Christmas but he didn’t have any gift for her yet. So he asked Krystal for a little favor. But then someone caught his eyes. No, it was a couple actually. Although he didn’t see it clearly but his intuition was telling him that the girl was MinA. And so he decided to follow them.

_MinA? - He called when they reach the parking area and to his surprise, she was the one who turned back.

_Minho oppa, what are you doing here? - She asked with a surprise expression.

_Who is this guy? - He could feel blood rush to his face when he looked at that guy with his arm around the Queenka’s waist.

_Well, do you want to know oppa? - There was a small smile on her lips making Minho even more confused - He’s my boyfriend, my REAL boyfriend.

_What are you talking about MinA? - He blinked, couldn’t believe at what he just heard.

_Oh oppa why are you so naive? - She snickered - You really think that I like you? Sorry oppa but making you fall for me was only a bet between me and my friends. Well, I guess we’ll have to break up sooner than I thought.

_Dude, I can’t believe that you’re so stupid. Being fool by a girl? Are sure you’re a man?

Minho had never been so angry in his life. He’s not the type that like to use violence but this time, his anger was taking the better of him. And the next second, he threw his fist right in the face of that guy.

_Oppa! What are you doing!? - Krystal quickly ran forward when she found him and held her cousin back before he could do something else.

_Are you crazy Choi Minho!? - MinA screamed making Krystal snapped her head toward her in surprise.

_Let’s go home Krystal. I don’t think I have a girlfriend anymore. - He told his cousin bitterly before quickly pulled her away.

*****End Flashback*****

 

_So, are you okay this year Minho? - Jinki asked cautiously as the other just kept silent.

_I’m fine hyung. You guys don’t have to worry about me. - The jock just flashed a reassuring smile to his friends.

_But still, even Taeminnie didn’t worry us that much. - Key said.

_Don’t look at me! - Taemin cried when they looked at him - I’m only 17 last year, what did you guys expect?

Ah yes, this is a cute story. Well, at least I think so. Last year, Taemin had a crush for this beautiful neighbour noona, Lee Mikyoung. She’s 4 years older than him and she actually treated him like a brother ever since his family moved there 4 years ago. But that Christmas, she said she was moving away.

 

*****Flashback*****

Mikyoung family opened a party and invited the neighbours around for Christmas so of course, Taemin and his family were also there. Everyone was having fun and singing Christmas song when suddenly Mikyoung wanna talk with him.

_Noona, why are we here? - He asked when they reached the playground near the neighbourhood.

_Aigoo, I’m gonna miss those cute cheeks of yours so much~! - She said and pinched both of his cheek.

_Why will you miss it? Noona, are you going somewhere? - A frown appeared on his forehead as he watched the older girl sat down one of the swings.

_Taemin-ah, I’m moving next year. - She said as she looked up at the sky.

_What!? Moving!? You can’t noona! - He said in shock making her turned back at him - Be-because I like you!

He didn’t have any intent to tell her about it but at that moment it just blurted out. Her eyes widened for a moment before she burst out laughing.

_Well noona like you too Taeminnie.

_Not like that noona! And-and don’t call me Taeminnie anymore, I already drown up.- He tried to make a serious face but seem like he couldn’t.

_Aw~ so cute. But you know noona don’t have a thing for a dongsaeng.

_But … - He tried to say something but his mind was totally blank then.

_Don’t worry, you will always be noona’s little brother. - She stood up and pinched his cheeks again - C’mon, let’s go home.

And after that, he went to find his cousin, Minho.

*****End Flashback*****

 

_Argh, just forget about it. - Jonghyun said - It’s last year already. We supposed to celebrate, remember?

_Yah, you punk! - Jinki smiled in disbelief as he looked at Jonghyun - It’s you who started it. You asked me about Eunmi, REMEMBER?

_Then it’s my fault? Omo, my? - He faked a gasped making them laughed again.

_So what will we do? - Taemin asked excitedly.

_We’re planning to go eat something then go to norebang. - Key said.

_Sound fine to me. - Minho smiled in satisfies.

_Then we will go after this. Now, - Jinki said as he held his drink up as the other followed suit - for our weird coincident meeting and friendship.

_Cheer!

Wonder how did they meet? Well, as I told you before, Taemin went to find his cousin after he talked to Mikyoung.

 

*****Flashback*****

_Taemin-ah, why did you want to meet me here? - Minho asked he walked through the door of the café.

He was boringly watching something at home when he got a call from his cousin. Although it was already near 11pm but after hearing Taemin’s voice, he decided that it would be better if he come. And here they were in the café where Mikyoung used to work part time there.

_Hyung, you came. - Taemin immediately ran toward the older boy.

_What’s wrong?

_Well, I…

He was stuttering, didn’t know how to talk about this when suddenly there was a loud thud outside the door. Since Minho was standing right there, he turned around and found a guy on the ground. He opened the glass door and hurried outside to help the guy up with Taemin behind.

_Are you okay? - He asked.

_Yes, thank you. - The guy answered absently.

There was something familiar about that guy that made Minho knitted his eyebrows together. And the moment that guy turned to look at him, he knew he was right because in front of him was the famous “dubu” of his college. Seemed like Jinki also recognize the jock but before any of them could say a thing, Minho notices there was something flying toward them. In an instant, he caught it just in time before the juice can land on Jinki’s head.

_I’m so sorry! Are you okay?

And to their surprise, running toward them was no other than Kim Jonghyun, the new player. Taemin stood there with a confuse expression on his face as the other 3 guys kept looking at each other. But that wasn’t the end yet.

_Oh my god, you guys are from Seoul University, aren’t you?

Stood at the door was Key, the only guy-diva that they have ever known. The atmosphere was totally awkward as each one of them was drowning in their own thought. They saw each other many times before but have never spoken a word with each other. Being himself, Jinki wanted to break the awkward atmosphere and so he did.

_Uhm, anyone care for a cup of coffee?

Everyone was really surprise when he spoke up. So the rumours were right, he is indeed friendly. And so just like that, they all headed inside the café.

*****End Flashback*****

 

You may wonder that how on earth would 5 almost stranger guys with a broken heart happened to meet each other on this small café. But well, that’s how our story started.