Dos

24-365

Jennie was brisk walking her way to the studio. She was still wearing wearing her pyjamas from last night; silk blue pants and a very loose grey shirt. She was wearing a coat on top of it all to hide it from the public, her hair was a mess but was still effortlessly sipping tea from her bottle. The paparazzis had made her sneak her way through narrow paths, a longer way compared to the open area. It was summer, she sweating like no tomorrow under the coat. Her phone buzzed a million times. Her notification bar revealing tweets from her fans: "Unnie, are you sick?" with a photo of her in aa coat taken just now attached. She choked on her tea.

 

 

 

 

"Ah, seriously?" she missed the elevator. Annoyed, she spammed the buttons with her tiny fingers. "Why did I wake up so late". She hit herselff a few times, making the staff around look at her and gossip. The studio was on the 7th floor, she was feeling so much guilt, she decided to walk up the stairs instead. They were supposed to meet at 7 AM sharp, according to the schedule set-up for the two, but it was already quarter to nine. Her legs felt heavy and she still smelt like cheesy chips that she ate to sleep last night.

 

 

 

Loud music was coming from the last room and if Jennie wasn't mistaken, it was their room. She peeped inside and was amazed. Lisa was dancing a hardcore routine that made Jennie not want to open the door. It looked like she had no bones and her bum looked nice too when she did some twerking movements. She didn't want to disrupt the kid who was passionately dancing while staring at herself in the mirror with so much intensity. Well-- till she caught Jennie's mesmerized eyes at the door's tiny glass.

Lisa stopped and turned around, her ponytail short but fierce. Jennie bit her lip as she opened the door awkwardly, "I'm really sorry" she bowed to the younger one. "No, it's okay" Lisa replied, wiping her sweat off with the neckline of her shirt. "I just got here".

 

"Yeah" Jennie took a look at Lisa again from head to toe. She was sweating so much, it looked like the room was a sauna or something. "Right".

 

 

Jennie tied her bed hair up into a bun and removed the coat, making Lisa briefly smile. "I was at the disco last night" Jennie joked, attempting to lighten up the heavy atmosphere. "I woke up like this". Lisa's eyes were different today, it was much more lively which made Jennie sigh in relief because she didn't want to be stuck in a room with a depressed human being. Lisa laughed, forcing her teeth to not show.

 

Jennie took out the lyrics sheet and placed it in between them. They were sitting down on the floor, Lisa sat up straight so Jennie was pressured to do so as a sunbae. "Let's divide our parts". Jennie was supposed to observe everything Lisa was capable of doing, and at that moment, it was about her creativity for performances. “When do you think is the best time for you or me to come in? And which parts is suitable for who”.

 

Lisa looked through the lyrics much closer, tapping the wooden floor with her index finger. After much thought, she pulled out her phone and played the song. Jennie liked that too. It was a technique to use to confirm if everything fits perfectly because just by looking at the lyrics, you won't know the vibe or flow. “You’re at the start and get everyone excited” Lisa said when GD’s intro was playing. “I’ll be dancing with the back-up dancers, and dress the same as them too”.

 

Jennie nodded. She wasn’t impressed because it was a basic thing for the known one to come out first. “Then?”.

 

“You’ll sing till Taeyang starts” Lisa looked at Jennie, looking like she was in a daze. “When Taeyang’s part starts, the dancers create a sort of throne kind of chair, me sitting there wearing something different from them like a crown or something... with a mic of course”. Jennie smiled, now that was a fabulous way to introduce her to the crowd. Since it suited the song, Jennie nodded “That’s a great idea”. “Since I can sing and rap” Lisa quickly bit her bottom lip and made a regretful face. “I didn’t mean to sound arrogant”.

 

Jennie grinned. She can already the feel the high confidence Lisa had and also that she had the practice of not forgetting to be humble. “I know what you mean” Jennie laid down on the floor, visualizing what Lisa has said so far. “Go on”. Lisa swallowed a lump on , “I’ll do GD’s part too, the one after the chorus”. By then, Jennie could feel it going really smoothly. Right after Lisa sings Taeyang's part, she raps; Jennie thought it was a great flow because she'll be the first and last part.

 

When the music got to the dance part, “What are we doing at this part?” Jennie opened an eye to look at Lisa who was still deep in thought. “Do you want to have a solo dance then?”. Lisa nodded immediately with no hesitation.

 

Jennie knew Lisa could feel how Mr Yang wanted it to end. To present a mystery trainee at a surprise concert out of a sudden whom which will never debut, leaving all the fans hanging and forever waiting. Lisa knew she had to make an impact by showing all her skills and make people hyped up and assume she was the next successor of the company. Jennie giggled, “This girl knows what she’s doing” she thought.

 

 

The next few minutes were extremely awkward. They have finished the distribution and they already get what they're supposed to do; it has only been an hour. They were just nodding to the song and it took quite some time for Jennie to notice that Lisa was gazing at her. Jennie felt weird being stared at for a long time. 

 

Jennie: Is there something you want to say?

Lisa: I was thinking…

Jennie: What?

Lisa: Can we make our practice once a week instead of thrice?

Lisa: I mean we really do not have anything much to do.

 

Jennie thought for a moment and she had a point. By today, they have already accomplished much. The choreography was also fixed as they'll just copy the original and for the solo, Jennie was confident that Lisa could do it on her own just fine. “I’ll ask Mr Yang about that”.

 

Jennie: But why?

Jennie: Is there something else you urgently need to do?

Lisa: Umm…

Lisa: You could say so.

Lisa: I just value every minute, you know.

 

Jennie bowed at Lisa again, continuously apologizing. She respected how Lisa's mindset about time was, she thought that it would be an impossible task to ask Lisa to procrastinate. “Shall we sing till we’re satisfied then go?”.

 

 

 

They sang the whole song, both of them just sitting down with their sophisticated hand movements. Jennie could feel Lisa’s style; it was amazing and had so much attitude. She loved it. She expected less with her singing ability but it also took her by surprise. Her vocal was stable and sassy. She also liked the movements of Lisa’s hands and how they landed on her neck once. She went “Damn”.

 

Jennie: You’re really good, Lalisa.

Lisa: Thank you—please call me Lisa.

Jennie: Ah okay, Lisa.

Lisa: Are we done?

 

“Mhmm” Jennie nodded. Lisa started packing her stuff really quickly. Jennie was only about to stand up when Lisa was already turning the door knob. “Yah” Jennie hurriedly got up and ran to Lisa. “Can’t I treat you a drink or something? I mean I made you wait for so long”.

 

Lisa looked at her watch and looked at the ceiling as if she was calculating time-- and yes, she was. “I need to leave in 10 minutes though” Lisa then said. “Thank you but maybe next time?”. “It’ll bug me forever” Jennie groaned. She had the habit of thinking too much, thinking about the things she has done poorly on, people whom she wronged and all the possible bad situations for the whole night. “I’ll drive you to wherever you’re going”.

 

 

 

 

Jennie led Lisa to Black Pink’s fan café, they went through the main door where the public sat before heading to the private space. Fans quickly stood up to greet the idol, taking photos and having a small talk. Jennie wanted to show some benefits of becoming an idol that could spark Lisa’s passion on becoming one. “You get unlimited and unconditional love from fans” she handed Lisa, who was wearing a cap and a mask again, hot chocolate. “Isn’t it great?”. Lisa nodded slowly which got Jennie quite annoyed. She expected a more enthusiastic answer.

 

Jennie: What degree are you taking though?

Lisa: Law.

Jennie: Woah—daebak.

Lisa: Mhmm…

Jennie: Is it really because of university?

 

Jennie wasn’t convinced on the reason. Because even if you were a full-time student, you will definitely have time to do all the projects. Trainees were also excused if they were doing poorly in academics. She just wasn’t buying it. Lisa stopped drinking, placing back the mug while looking at Jennie.

 

Lisa: You’re right.

 

Jennie's eyebrows raised, she thought how could she tell her the truth when she lied to the CEO. Regardless, she couldn't think of anything that could possibly make her quit because anyone could see the burning passion of this girl from her eyes when she dances. Jennie leaned on her chair and crossed her arms, “Is it really worth it for you to quit?”.

 

Lisa: I—

Lisa: I just want to spend my time else where.

Lisa: I told you I value my time.

Jennie: I get that but--- it’s just not making sense for such a talented girl to suddenly quit when in a few years you'd be love by the whole world.

 

“It does” Lisa massaged her neck, smiling. “It’s just… I can’t tell you why”.

 

Lisa: Let’s just say I have a list, like a bucket list. And being an idol isn’t in there.

 

 

Jennie became interested at the mysterious girl out of a sudden, it was too vague of a reason but still strong. She remembered how it was so difficult to find someone who was willing to be hated by the public in order to be in a relationship with her. There wasn't any man who approached her, they were just too afraid their careers might go down the drain because after all, it wasn't just Korea they'll be facing, but the whole world. “Like to fall in love then having a serious long-term relationship with someone and not having to worry about anything or not hiding anything. Like just be the typical couple you guys can be?” her eyes sparkled as she said her wish. She was crying internally as she said those words because it now seemed like an impossible task for her to achieve.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“That’s the last thing I want to happen” Lisa laughed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

[I’m writing a seulrene fic and I’m having difficulty thinking of anything else, I cri. I’m sorry for this shiitty update. Have a great day! :'-)]