SICK EP 1

SICK DAYS WITH JEON WONWOO

 

 

 

Wonwoo woke up to another day starring at the white ceiling of his shared room with MIngyu. With messy hair and a half opened eyes he rose up and saw nothing but muddled bed sheets beside him. He let out a deep sigh as he let his head down. “That Mingyu.” He protest.

He knew that Mingyu might’ve secretly went out of their room last night again in fear of hurting him during their sleep (because Mingyu is pretty clumsy when he’s asleep). And today it seems like he will not receive a good morning smile from the younger as well.

He shakes his head and slapped his cheeks with both hands in act of waking his self. There’s no noise outside and it’s suspiciously quiet, you know what you feel when you have 13 hyper, growing boys, and in the middle of puberty inside the house and you’re not hearing anything? It’s scary so he decided to check out after he put his cardigan on.

Opening the door quietly, Wonwoo was welcomed by a dark empty living room with clothes scattered all around with Seventeen members’ things dispersed on the ground. “I can’t believe Jeonghan hyung let the kids out.” He said while scratching the back of his head.

He knows that his Jeonghan hyung is a clean freak and imagining that he let out the other members out of the house while leaving things this messy is a miracle. ‘Maybe they’re really busy.’ He thought as he picked up Seungkwan’s notebook filled with his compositions.

His eyes turned sad and watery as he stared at the notebook. His fist clench as he picture s doing all the job without him. He felt bad letting them work by themselves because he is aware enough that although he’s the only one absent in the performances--it’s a big inadequacy for Seventeen, not only they need to restructure the choreography, edit his rap part, and fill the gap that he left, but the lack of his presence was enough to make the members sad and worried.

He can imagine Sungcheol pretending not to worry and pretending to handle things well while his mind was probably on him, thinking if he’s eating or resting well. Jeonghan who has a weak heart in terms of members getting sick, Wonwoo felt really bad when Jeonghan accidentally saw his medical report that he’s planning on not showing to the members, since he knows they will freak out. Jeonghan cried for two hours and his eyes was really sore that they did everything just to make it normal again before their next show. Or Mingyu who was worried sick about his favorite hyung. Mingyu loves to cuddle with Wonwoo or to play and chat with him before they sleep but now—the younger was good holding his self back on not doing anything that will stress Wonwoo, he even decided to move to another room (maybe to woozi’s room) every night when Wonwoo is asleep—afraid of hurting his hyung while they’re asleep. And also the other members as well. They have a perfect team work, everyone has their own significance in the group, everyone has their own spot, their own place, so if someone is not there it becomes their downside.

‘No, I can’t be like this.’ He said to himself. ‘All the members are working hard even though they are worried sick about me.’ Wonwoo clench his fist and held it high—doing a fighting pose. ‘I’m gonna clean this mess before their return so all they have to do is rest when they come back.’

After 3 hours.. .

Wonwoo smiled proudly—looking at their house clean without any dust seen. He admits that he got carried away cleaning the mess and ending up having a general cleaning. He nod by himself imagining the members coming home and seeing their dorm this clean and probably Jeonghan will give him pats in the head for a job well done.

In the middle of his daydreaming Wonwoo suddenly felt a sting in his stomach that left him kneeling on the floor. He tried to ease the pain by controlling his breath but it didn’t help at all and the pain just continued to worsen. “I guess I’ve crossed the line.” He managed to say. The doctor said that he should rest or his condition will degrade, if his hyungs find out that he had this episode again they will get mad at him.

“Please stop hurting.” He said to himself. The pain didn’t subside and before Wonwoo can back up on his knees he suddenly collapsed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jeonghan had his right hand in his hip while he’s on the phone trying to connect with Wonwoo. He’s been calling him since lunch but Wonwoo is not answering the phone at all at it is making him hard to concentrate not hearing the younger’s voice.

“Did hyung answered already?” Mingyu asked worriedly.

Jeonghan shakes his head and ended the phone. “I’ve been calling him all day but he’s not answering. Maybe he’s sleeping.”

“Yeah, he looks really tired yesterday.”

Jeonghan bit his lower lip. “Has he eaten lunch yet? I’m worried about him.”

Both of them went silent for a while before Suncheol entered the scene. “What’s with the long face?” He asked, putting his arms in their shouldiers. “We can’t contact Wonwoo.” Jeonghan answered.

“Hey.” He said, holding both of Jeonghan’s arms and making him look at him in the eyes. “Wonwoo is fine. Don’t worry about him, his a tough kid and we all know that he’ll recover in no time. If we worry about him this much do you think it’ll help Wonwoo? He’ll get worried about us instead. So the best thing we could do is to work hard for him so he can concentrate on his healing.”

Jeonghan’s been worried sick for Wonwoo all day and he even had few mistakes in their performance while looking at the space in their choreography knowing that the empty spot was for the younger. But he knew well enough that it won’t give any good. “You’re right.” He answered back, trying to calm his mother side so he can put up his best performance next. “This is for Wonwoo.”

“For hyung.” Mingyu added.

“For Wonwoo.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wonwoo woke up by the sound of his phone ringing in his pocket. At first he’s not aware that he collapsed 4 hours ago so he slowly took his phone out and answered it without looking who’s the caller. “Hello?” He answered with a weak rasp voice.

“Hyung? Are you alright? Jeonghan hyung! Mingyu hyung! Wonwoo hyung picked up!” Base on the sound it’s probably Dino, their charming maknae.

Hearing the voice of Dino, Wonwoo gain consciousness of the situation. He remembered that he collapsed after he felt acute pain in his abdomen. But more to that, he just gave Dino a sign that he’s condition is not good so he quickly rise up from the floor and cleared his throat so the other member’s wouldn’t guess his bad condition through his voice.

“I heard hyung’s voice and it sound not good to me.” Wonwoo is not sure who’s Dino was talking to but he’s report is not good. He heard that the phone was given to another member but he can’t guess who it was. “Hello? Wonwoo? Are you alright?” Jeonghan said.

“H-hyung. I’m fine.” He answered, clearing his throat once again.

“Is that true? Dino said your voice is-“

“I’m fine hyung, I just woke up so my voice is kinda.. .y.” Wonwoo said cutting his hyung, he mentally pat his head for throwing a bluff even in this kind of situation.

Jeonghan let out a sigh of relief. “That’s good to hear. We’ll be back at 6, please rest and don’t do anything okay?”

Wonwoo held the phone tightly as he felt warm inside his heart. “I’ll be waiting for you guys.” He said before ending the call.

He once again lay on the cold floor, spreading his arms widely as he let out a smile. “I want to perform with them again.”

After an hour, Wonwoo made sure that he looks perfect without a sign of any distress and of course he made the living room a little messier so the members wouldn’t find out that he actually crossed the line by cleaning too much.

Seventeen returned in their dorm exactly the time of what Jeonghan said. They have little gifts for Wonwo and some are from the fans who wish him to recover as soon as possible for there are already missing the tall lad.

“Is it just me or the dorm got clean?” Jun said while fixing his hair.

“You don’t know what’s clean hyung.” Minghao answered back, slouching in the couch.

“Now that’s rude.” Jun pouted.

While the two Chinese line argue about the house getting cleaned up, Woozi secretly slide his pointing finger on the most dusty part of their desk and saw no dust at all. Woozi already knew that Wonwoo cleaned the house but he chose to keep silent because who knows what Jeonghan might do knowing that his sick baby boy pushed himself by cleaning the dorm. Jeonghan can get a little out of hand some times. But he’ll made sure to talk to Wonwoo on not cleaning the dorm like that again when he’s in a bad condition.

“Kids! Come on lets it now!” Joshua called after he and DK placed the food on the table.

The kids settled in their own respective seats as they dig in to their delicious foods they ordered in their favorite family restaurant (since they don’t have time to cook, poor kids). Meanwhile, Seungkwan rustled with all of the plastic on the table finding something.

“What is it Seungkwan-ah?” Asked Vernon who’s practically the only one getting disturbed by his seat mate’s restlessness.

“I can’t find my Eomuk-bokkeum (Spicy stir-fried fish cakes).” He said.

Minghao and Vernon looked each other, sending each other a signal on who’s going to tell Seungkwan about his food but no one dared to speak.

“I returned it.” Woozi answered, not caring about anything but his food.

“What? Why hyung??” Seungkwan cried.

“You know we can’t eat spicy foods now so stop being insensitive and eat already.” Woozi words were direct to the point that startled the members because Wonwoo might be affected by it. The reason that they can’t eat spicy foods is because it’s bad for Wonwoo’s condition, and making him hear that is like splashing him a cold water in the face.

Wonwoo tried to act like he’s not affected by it at all but he can fool no one. “I’m sorry Seungkwan-ah.” Was his apology. Seungkwan felt really bad for throwing a tantrum for such a small thing and now he made his hyung feel uncomfortable.

The table was silent for a while but Hoshi decided to break the silence for he is not used to it. “It’s good for you Seungkwan-ah, you’re eating too much, see you’re getting too fat. Look at your cheeks.” Hoshi said.

Everyone tried not to laugh but Vernon slipped that made it more too much to bare.

“Come on hyung, its fine. Besides, it is where Seungkwan’s high notes comes from.” Added DK that broke everyone into laughter.

Thanks to the beagles in the group, once again the laughter and warm noise in front of the table of Seventeen came back, but still, that void that Wonwoo felt deep inside his heart is still there.

Night came and it’s time to take a rest, all the members bid Wonwoo good night and Joshua even came to his room to say a simple prayer of recovery which made him really glad, he also hope that God will answer their prayers as much as possible.

“Good night hyung.” Mingyu said, rolling on the opposite side of the bed--fitting his big body on the corner.

This is probably one of the fewest silent night they had. Wonwoo thought as he stared at the ceiling again with both of his hands placed in his stomach. He’s trying to feel Mingyu’s every movement and how the younger will secretly take a peak if his hyung is already sleep, maybe so he can sneak out like he does every night.

“Mingyu-ah.” Wonwoo suddenly spoke that surprised Mingyu. “Don’t you dare pretend to be asleep, I saw you flinched.”

Discovering that his pretentious act was caught Mingyu rolled to the other side so he face his hyung who’s looking at the ceiling and not planning on looking back at him. If Mingyu was a puppy, Wonwoo was sure that his ear was already flattened in his hair which he finds really adorable but still he refuse to look at the younger. He knew that Mingyu is good at reading people’s expression through their eyes so making eye to eye contact at this time is probably not the best idea.

“Are you going to leave me again tonight?” He asked, disappointment visible in his tone.

Mingyu felt really bad for leaving his hyung every night but what choice does he have? Last time when they were sleeping together, that’s the time where they found out about his situation and he accidentally kicked his hyung in the stomach while sleeping. Although Wonwoo said that it didn’t hurt, Mingyu saw the sweat that trailed down his forehead and how he’s trying to suppress the pain by biting his tongue. He doesn’t want to hurt his hyung.

Mingyu nod his head and to think that he really admits his plan for tonight shocked Wonwoo. But he can’t be selfish knowing that the reason why Mingyu is doing it is for his sake. Finally, Wonwoo decided to face the younger, now, wearing a smile in his face.

“If you’re moving, move now. You don’t have to wait till I’m asleep. You have a big day tomorrow so you should sleep early.” He said, trying to make sound convincing so the younger wouldn’t be troubled.

“But hyung.. .”

“I’m fine. Don’t worry about me. I don’t want to make you stay late just because you want to sneak out.” He rose up from the bed that Mingyu followed. “Now get your pillow so you can rest.”

“I’m sorry hyung.” Was the only words Mingyu can say.

Wonwoo smiled relieved as he ruffled the younger’s hair. “Now get going.”

“Good night hyung.”

“Good night.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Wonwoo planned to bid the members’ good bye before they went on their busy schedule but by the time he opened his eyes when he heard ruffling of things outside the living room—he can’t find any strength to stand up or even move his body, instead his eyes closed on its own and once again he drifts to slumber.

As he sleep he dreamt about dancing on the stage with Seventeen while the fans chant their names and smiling at them, so satisfied about their performance. After that they went to meet their fans and have a little chit chat with them, but as he take his feet and wait for the fans to line up he saw the black table getting longer and longer and his feet getting farther and farther from the members and from the fan. Wonwoo tried to get back from them but it was useless but he still runs until he stumbled on the empty space, suddenly everything went black, all were gone. He’s floating to the empty space but he hears the fans chanting Seventeen’s name but without his. It’s a terrifying dream and he knew it’s not real, but imagining things that it can be real and it has the possibility to be real. What if he didn’t recover? What if the company decided to pull him out of the team? Will the fans continue to chant his name along with the other members?

Please call my name.

Wonwoo woke up by a loud thud he heard. He was quick to rise up like he was about to drown seconds ago. His chasing his breath and his forehead is already flowing with sweat. When he touched his face he noticed that he’s wearing his fake eye glasses, the one he’s wearing in their performance, but why is he wearing it?

Lost in his dilemma he remembered that he heard a loud thud earlier and it came from the balcony of their room. Wonwoo thought he saw shadow behind the curtain but he can’t trust his vision knowing that he just woke up so they make things sure he rubbed his eyes and blinked couple of times to regain his eye sight. To his surprise the shadow was still there so the only way he could think to check what it was is to go and see.

His footsteps were light as he approached the glass door and slides it like he’s lifting a paper. When he stepped out on the cold he cursed mentally because he’s approaching something that might be dangerous and yet he’s not holding anything protect himself but all subsided when he saw the shadow he’s been getting scared off.

“A girl?” He said a loud. “What is a girl doing-“ Wonwoo covered his mouth and ducked like some sniper will shoot him.

‘Crap, don’t tell me some sasaeng fan found out about our dorm? What should I do? My phone is inside the room.’

Wonwoo wanted to run right away, he never encountered a sasaeng fan before but he heard some things about them in his sunbaes and he surely doesn’t want to meet one.

When Wonwo decided to crawl back inside he notice that the girl he saw was unconscious. She’s lying like a dead cat wearing some enchantress costume. As a gentleman he is he can’t just leave a poor lady outside and to think that its this cold.

‘But what if this is only a prank?’ Wonwoo wanted to slap his face really hard for thinking such bad things towards other people.

In the middle of his fight against himself the girl gain consciousness and happen to see the struggling Wonwoo. Her eyes widened in horror and her reflex told her to stay on the corner. “Who-who-.. who are you??” The girl asked, pointing his trembling finger to Wonwoo.

“Hey, it’s alright, I’m not going to hurt you.” The moment he ended his words he asked himself why did he said that. It looks like he’s the one who brought the girl in their dorm when he should be the one asking who is this stranger?

“Where am I?” She asked, looking everywhere like it’s the first time she saw concretes.

“You really don’t know where you are?” Asked Wonwoo who’s a little unsure if what he’s doing is right.

“Say mister, am I going to ask you where I am if I know where I am?” She answered back in a rather ‘too-blunt’ way.

Wonwoo thought. If she’s some sasaeng fan she won’t act like this. She’ll act like she saw a god and what on earth a sasaeng fan would wear some enchantress/goddess attire if she’s gone stalking celebrities, it’s inconvenient! And if she’s really a fan she won’t speak so rudely to Wonwoo like that. To add on to that, she acts as if she never once saw Wonwoo when Seventeen is already well known kpop group.

“Excuse me?” Wonwoo interrupts. “What?” She asked a little bit angry.

“Y-your head is bleeding.” He point out.

“What?” The girl touched her forehead and felt a sting that made her a little bit hazy. “W-why is it-“ She didn’t finished her sentence when she felt like a jelly and almost collapsed, good enough her arms supported her weight. “It’s cold.” She added.

“Let me get you inside.” Wonwoo offered.

The girl wanted to reject the offer because she doesn’t know this stranger and who knows what he’ll do to her? But she’s too weak to even utter a compliant. Judging by the look of the lad it looks like he’s harmless and she’s sure that she’s stronger than this man, she’s 100% sure that this guy is only good in his looks so if he plans on doing something weird she’ll just kick his balls and ran off.

Wonwoo carried the poor girl in his shoulders, he was planning on lifting her up bridal style but when he got a hold of her weight he realized it’s a bad idea because she’s heavier than her looks.

Guiding her towards the room, Wonwoo felt a little sting in his abdomen once again. Lifting heavy things surely get his strength deteriorate and that’s bad. But Wonwoo endured the pain until they were both inside, closing the glass door to avoid the cold on coming in. He carefully lay the girl in the bed.

She didn’t even lay down, instead she just sat down, concentrating on getting both of her feet back. She breaths in and out and every time she does it she feels better and better. Wonwoo was stuck watching her gain her strength, thinking that maybe he can do that now because he feels like fainting again.

He was distracted though when he saw her head bleeding. “Ow right, the first aid.” He almost forgot that the reason he let her in was to aid her wound, but upon running to get the first aid, Wonwoo didn’t reached it—sadly, he already lost consciousness.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Wonwoo is still not answering his phone.” Jeonghan protest, calling Wonwoo for the 20th time yet he’s not anwering.

“Maybe he’s resting.” Dino said.

Jeonghan gave up on calling Wonwoo and went back on checking the other kids. Mingyu on the other hand kept silent beside the bench while holding his phone.

He was calling his hyung earlier before Jeonghan did and Wonwoo doesn’t answer it as well. He’s afraid that he made his hyung upset of what happened last night when he moved.

“Are you going to keep that face every day?” Sungcheol asked, taking the seat beside him. “You know cameras are all around this place, if they catch you sulking like that it can create rumors.” Sungcheol said.

Mingyu right away corrects his posture and his looks before anyone finds out. “Sorry hyung.” He apologized after fixing his self.

Sungcheol pats his back. “Wonwoo is not upset, don’t worry.”

“How did you know that?”

“Simple. It’s written all over your face. And you think you’re the only one good at reading people?” Sungcheol smiled that made Mingyu at ease. It feels good knowing that your members are working this hard so everyone in the group will feel loved by a real family.

“Last night. Hyung was the one who told me to sleep to another room. He knew I was sneaking at night when he’s asleep.”

Sungcheol crossed his arms as he nod. “I know his condition right now was depressing. And we’re offering all the help that we can to make him feel better.” Sungcheol got up from the bench and stretched out his arms. “But MIngyu-ah, remember. The people around you is not really the one that can give you a second chance. It’s yourself. And I know Wonwoo is trying hard to be better, not only physically, but also emotionally.”

Sungcheol left the younger with those words, he said it full of confidence but he as well doesn’t really know how things will end up for Wonwoo. This world that they decided to conquer is something so cruel, far from what a lot of people thought it was.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Geez, I thought this guy will cure my wound but look at him, sleeping like a princess.” She protest as she placed the porridge on the table. “And why did I end up cooking for him?” She sat down carelessly on the bed that made the bed bounce. “Oi.. .wake up already, I need to go now.” She said, poking Wonwoo’s cheeks.

Her waking-wonwoo-strategy was success when he opened his eyes and saw her first thing. “It’s not a dream.” Was the first words that came out from his mouth.

The girl rolled her eyes. “Of course it’s not. Now get this thing eaten so I can go.”

“What?” Wonwoo tried to rise but he’s still weak so she helped him. She put pillows on his back so he can lean on to it while he eats.

“Here. Sorry for using your kitchen.” She apologized half-heartedly as he present the porridge.

“You made this for me?” Asked Wonwoo who just realized that he hasn’t eaten yet, and judging by the look outside its already afternoon. Jeonghan will kill him if he finds out that he’s been skipping breakfast and lunch for two days. Wonwoo slapped his forehead with his hand. “Seems like fainting is one of my hobbies now.”

“Yeah, how come a tall guy like you have a weak body by the way?”

Wonwoo looked up at the girl. ‘She really doesn’t know me.’ He thought, that made him smile. Somehow it relieves him, that someone doesn’t know about his condition and that someone doesn’t care.

“Hey, if you continue on doing that you’ll surely freak me out.” She said, already stepping backwards.

“You’re so blunt.” Wonwoo said, finally breaking a laughter.

Hearing Wonwoo laugh made the girl bring her guard down a bit. It seems her suspiciousness about him is fading little by little. “I get that a lot.” She answered back.

“You sure do.”

“Enough with that will ya? Eat that so I can go.”

“Oh! I’m sorry. I’m going to it eat now.”

Wonwoo started eating the porridge and he should say it taste good than he expected. He ate the first bowl in a minute and before he knows it he already consumed the whole pot. Wonwoo seemed happy for the food, he hasn’t been eating well since the day they discovered his condition, not literally because of it, but because the stress he’s undergoing that made him lose his appetite, he is surely surprised that he ate without hesitation right now.

“Are you done?” She asked.

“Yes.”

“Good. Now give me that.” Wonwoo handed the bowl to her and she handed his phone to him.

“What about this?” Wonwoo asked.

“It’s ringing all day. I can’t afford to answer it though.”

Wonwoo checked his phone and saw a hundred missed calls from s, especially Jeonghan and MIngyu. When he looked up the girl is already gone to the kitchen to clean the mess.

“I should really call them now.” He checked the time first if he they’re not performing now and it looks like it’s the perfect time.

He dialed Mingyu’s number first, and it only had been two rings when Mingyu answered it. “Hyung!” The younger shouted getting excited about hearing his hyung’s voice.

“Mingyu-ah. I’m sorry I just woke up.”

“It’s fine hyung. I thought you’re mad at me. I’m so glad you called.”

“Mad? Me? Why would I-“ Wonwoo kinda gets it why Mingyu thought he’s angry at him, because of last night. And not no matter how Wonwoo acts that he’s fine with it at the end Mingyu still found out about what he felt at that moment. “I’m not mad Mingyu-ah, I won’t get mad at you for just a simple thing.”

“Yeah.. .but still.” Wonwoo heard Mingyu sniffing that alarmed him.

“Hey, are you crying?”

“No I’m not. I’m not a cry baby.”

Wonwoo laughed. “You? Not a cry baby? Come on, who are you fooling here?”

“Hyung~~~!!” Mingyu protest.

“Ok ok. I’m not laughing anymore. But don’t cry too much or you’ll make up will be ruined. Give your best in the performance okay?”

Mingyu nod. “Yes hyung. We will.”

Wonwoo talked to Mingyu for a while until they were called to prepare for their next performance and that’s when Wonwoo ended the call.

He decided to help the girl clean but when he went outside the room he saw no one. He went to the kitchen and it looked like it hasn’t been used.

“Where did she go?”


 

Part 2 ahead!!! -0-

cute-kpop-pretty-seventeen-Favim.com-3741174.gif