Final

Company
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 “You stupid pidgey. Get in the damn ball!”  Mina muttered angrily as the pokemon had once again broke out. “ this , I’m over it” she shoved her phone into her pocket, folded her arms and directed her gaze towards the closed doors of the lecture hall. It was about an hour before noon and she had been sitting at a planter while waiting for her girlfriend to finish her final exam.

 

After a while, she noticed the doors opening and a mass influx of students, most of them sporting gloomy faces while others expressing sheer indifference, coming outside. She then spotted her girlfriend and made her way towards her. She had sincerely hoped that she had done well, or at least did enough to at least pass the class.

 

“Momo! How did it go? Was it alright?”

 

“It was so difficult. I’m pretty sure I’m going to have to retake the class,” she stated, staring hopelessly at floor.


“Hey, stop being pessimistic” she placed her hand on her shoulder.  “You don’t know that yet and by the look on the faces of the other people they probably feel the same way. The curve might be in your favor.”

 

“I hope so” she responded. She raised her head and met Mina’s eyes. “Can I have a hug?”


The brunette sighed. “You know, you don’t have to ask.”  She took the blonde into her arms, rubbing her back soothingly.


“I know,” she mumbled against Mina’s neck. “I’m sorry I’m like this.”


Seeing Momo this way broke her heart. She was so used to seeing the girl happy and positive. She was the one that always lifted her spirits during rough times. She was her comfort, her shoulder to lean on. Now, Mina felt it was her turn.


 “What are you apologizing for? This is my job remember? To make sure my Momoring is okay and give her plenty of kisses too.”


Myoui Mina would rather be caught dead saying cringe-worthy things but for Momo she was more than willing to do it. She was worth it. She was worth everything to her.


Momo hummed in response, listening to her words.  


“Everything’s going to be fine, even if it doesn’t seem like it now.” she said as she gently let go of her. “Come on; let’s go to my apartment. I offer food, Netflix and an unlimited amount of cuddles to get your mind off of this. Sound good?”

 

Momo nodded. “You had me at food to be honest.”


Mina laughed and pecked her on the cheek. “And here I thought it would be the cuddles.”

~

“Where’s Sana and Tzuyu?” Momo asked as she sat down on the edge of Mina’s bed. She turned around and grabbed one of her pillows, hugging it gently.  


“They both went home for the weekend” Mina replied, with remote in hand. She pressed the power button and turned the TV on. She then walked towards her desk to get her backpack.


“Oh, I see. Kind of weird not seem them around here.”


“Yeah that’s true but I don’t mind. It’s nice having the place to myself for a change” she chuckled. “I also don’t have to deal with their excessive PDA.” She got out her macbook and made her way to the TV.


“You’re just as bad as them though” Momo smirked.


Mina knelt down, connecting the HDMI cord to her computer.  “That’s such a lie and you know it.  You’re the one always initiating.”


“Okay, but I’ve never heard you complain about it have I?”


She looked at Momo incredulously before returning to her computer screen.  “thatsbecauseIlikeit” she muttered.


“Hmm? What was that?”


“Shut up. Clearly someone’s feeling better.”


“Nope, I still feel like but I’m glad you’re here. There’s no one else I’d feel like with than you Minaring.”


“Wow, you have such a way with words,” she stated sarcastically. “Anyways, what do you feel like watching?”


“Whatever’s good. I’m chill with anything.” Momo laid down on the bed, looking at the ceiling.


“That doesn’t really help me you know.” Mina was finally able to go onto the Netflix website and was now casually scrolling through the list of programs. “ Wanna watch Daredevil?”


“With Ben Affleck?”


Mina grimaced. “God no. That movie was terrible. I’m talking about the new one. It’s really good. I finished the first season in like two days.”


“Eh, I’ll pass on that one.  How about something more….more light hearted? Like Disney.”


“Well, there’s High School Musical 1 and 2 on here.”


“Oh my God!” Momo sat up and clasped her hands together.  “Let’s watch both of them. I haven’t seen those movies in years.”


Mina rolled her eyes. “Fine.” She despised High School Musical with a passion.  However, she would watch anything as long as she was with Momo.  She stood up.  “I’m going to get some snacks. Anything you want in particular?”


“Nah, just grab anything.”


“Alright. Beer?”


“Yes please.”


“Kay, I’ll be back in the bit,” Mina said before leaving the room and Momo alone with her thoughts.


Momo gazed at the table near Mina’s bed. She put the pillow down and approached the table slowly. There was a picture of Mina with her parents around Christmas time. She smiled. Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter