First Time

BEAUTIFUL

(Young Hee POV)

The first time I saw him, I fell in love immediately. Him and his bright dark orbs looking at me curiously. His pale skin and smooth cheeks made me smile. People did say that I looked like a woman without a heart. Cold and expressionless. They didn't know how hard my life was. They saw only what was on the surface without even bothered to search depeer. I am a woman who had gone through a lot in my life. Been down several times and finally found my self crawling to get up stronger. Life always kept his surprises up in its sleeves. It caught me real good. This time, I was more than blessed. Long past grief, came a light in my life. I found in his eyes sparkled looking at me. I thought of this word inside my mind yet couldn't get it past through my mouth. When it slipped out, it was a simple yet contained my heart within, "You are ..."

 

(Kwon Hae Yo POV)

After a harsh heartbroken, it was a lovely feeling when you found someone who healed you. She was a blessing in my life, after the death of my dearest Min Ju, she healed me with her strength. I was a strong man yet I found my self being spoiled and loved beyond my imagination with her elegance beauty covered in her magnificent strength. She was graceful and stubborn. I was intimidated first time she stepped into the room with her black blazer and skirt and her red-blood high heels. She was perfect. Everybody gasped and in awe. She looked like a super woman who had just landed and invaded your territory without being invited yet you were hypnotized to give in. She was charismatic. After dating and wanted to be more serious, I took her to meet my beloved son. That's when I knew her beautiful and loving side as she stared into my son's eyes. Her glossy eyes and thin smile broke her expressionless face. I watched her face and the only word came out of my mouth was ....

 

(Yongguk POV)  

I looked around the building and memories flashed back inside my mind. The stairs lead to each room and every corner were carved in my mind. I was not a crybaby man. Everyone who saw me calling me a beast, thug, gangsta. I didn't care much about it. I enjoyed letting myself be free to be who I wanted to be. The tattooes carved all over my body were arts and all my life I was consumed into art. That's why this building had special meaning to me. It helped people like me to pour my self and built my dream from the base. When I was walking, some of university students were running around. Some walked leisurely and chatted with their friends. I smiled over my memory. The wave of another students passed through me. I had to walk slowly to make sure not bumping into them. At the corner of the stair, I stopped . I was about to turned left when I saw him leaning against the railing. His shoulder length dark brown hair was blown by the wind. His delicate figure from the side reminded me of a sculpted statue who was perfectly made, every nook and crook. He was shooting something with a small camera. I should not stare too long but I couldn't stop myself from staring. I stood a meter away, watching his back and amazed. His slender figure shifted and maybe it was already 10 seconds, 10 minutes or 10 hours I honestly lost track of time when he turned his body and was about to go away. And he saw me staring at him. He was ......

 

(Nahyun POV)

I usually didn't stare at someone too long or too short. I am not a blabber but also not a nerd. I am confident in what I am. Today, my first time entering the gate of this university, jittery feeling crept in my spine. I was thrilled and afraid at the same time. I will conquer you, Department of Dance Performance. I raised my fist and shouted. That's when I felt a pair of eyes looking at me. I glanced to take a look. There he stood with an amused expression. He didn't say much but he just smiled. He nodded at me and mumbled inaudibly, good luck. Then he went away. He was a student here but I didn't know what major he took. He looked friendly. I smiled. I could get my first friend here. A special one. He was ......

 

(Minki POV)

Beautiful. That's what everybody said whenever they saw me. Some said in awe and some in disgust. I took it with no regret. I was born like this and nobody supposed to judge me or being disgusted by my beauty. 

Some friends said that some people who hated my beauty were afraid. Because human was naturally afraid of something that was unnatural. I am a man but beautiful. It was unnatural. That's why they hated me. But some also lusted over me. I had to face that dilemma almost entire of my life. 

Today I met a girl in my first time entering this university. I took a major in School of Film, TV and Multimedia, Department of Film Making to be exact. She looked like a type of girl who would attend dance department. I saw her spirit when she stared the building in awe. Everybody felt that way when they came to this university. Everybody had a big dream, including me. So when I saw her, I could feel the determination in every pores of her body that slowly infected me. I smiled when she noticed my presence and mumbled inaudibly, "Good luck." I said and left.

I felt that it could be a good year to me ...

                                                      ***************************** ♦♦♦ ********************************* .

Present day

Young Hee held the door in her hand and slowly pushed it. She entered the room in a slow motion to grasp everything. A big fluffy Golden Retriever made a way before her, entered first and wagging her tail. the dog was busy sniffing anything inside. Young Hee just smiled and scolded her, " You just can not stand it, can't you? Don't do that. Minki would be very pissed at you."  She walked towards the bed and sat there while looking around. There was posters of movies in the wall and a hand-made card paper filled with photos. She got up and opened the window, letting the fresh air came and replacing the old air inside the room. It was more refreshing and she unconsciously closed her eyes to feel the warmth of summer scent together with fresh waves of air.

"Woof! Woof!" The dog barked happily. She found a ball under the bed and now chewing it between her teeth.

"Hana, you found something interesting? Brilliant dog." Young Hee smiled and walking back to bed. She laid down and closed her eyes. It was such a peaceful state of mind and she began to feel drowsy. She let herself slept in the bed and replayed her memory of her beautiful son.

She woken up in the afternoon and stretched her limb. Her dog watched her movement with her big eyes. "Hungry, are you?"

The dog sat up hearing that word. She wagged her tail and barking as if she understood what she said. Young Hee chuckled and got up from bed.

"Alright, let's get you food."

They walked side by side to the kitchen. She pulled a bag from the counter and filled a dog bowl until it's full. Her dog was still watching her until she finished filling another bowl with water. She clapped both of her hands and said, " Ok. Have your meal."

Her dog came forward and started eating her food. Young Hee moved to the cabinet and made herself a cup of coffee while watching her dog ate.

It was already 8 pm. She had done bathing and now dried up her hair.She looked her watch and wondered. "Where is that old man?" She then change hr clothes into comfortable one.

When she wanted to go outside, she passed through her son's bedroom and felt like something calling her to come. She entered once more. Her dog barked and followed.

She stood again. Sat up in the bed. Stood again. Then sat and laid down. Her mind was blank for a while. She turned her head to the drawer near the bed and she sat up and scooted to the drawer. She opened first level and found notes, university bills, coins, and stationary things. She engrossed in reading her son's notes one by one. After that, she opened the second level. There are socks, couple of briefs and boxers, and beanies. She moved to the last level and inside was videotapes, arranged neatly from year until date and alphabetically. Her eyes automatically nailed to a small red box in the middle. She took it out and sighed desperately when she tried to open, it wouldn't open. It was locked.

Young Hee was curious what was inside of the box. She took the box to the kitchen and sat in the chair. "What should I do to you?" She muttered by herself. A small thought in her mind that she would look for the key in her son's room but her other mind just simply and calmly said, break it open, girl. 

She smiled and went to garage and back again with a big hammer in her hands. She put the box in the floor and positioned it. After a moment, she started to hammer it repeatedly. She aimed the lock and sighed when it wouldn't break. She sat in desperation and took a breath before hammering again. Now the lock started to bend. She grinned and a final blow broke the lock opened.

"Yesss!!" She screamed happily. Her dog stared at her whilst tilting her head.

She looked at her dog. "Yes, I'm a crazy woman. So what?"

The dog that lied down on the floor only huffed and turned her head to another side.

Young Hee opened the box triumphantly and found a videotape inside. She held it in her hand and confused. Only this? She thought.

What's so special? She knew her son took major in Multimedia. it was a common thing to see so many videotapes in his son's room, drawer or closet. What's with the box? It's not a videotape right??

Young Hee shuddered. She was afraid if her thinking was right. She didn't want to spoil the image of her innocent kid. But her curiosity defeated her. She had to know what's inside. 

She went to her room and took her video camera. Then she sat down in the couch. She was a bit hesitant to put the videotape but she did it eventually.

I need to know what's inside, she thought.

So she put the videotape inside ...

 

~~~~~ TBC ~~~~~