Late night thoughts and kimbap

Remedy

This is wrong.


Those words keeps swimming inside his head for months now. Changkyun was currently sitting on the lumpy, old couch at their dorm; his head looking up at the ceiling, brows knit together as he struggles to reel in his thoughts. He hears quiet shuffling of feet headed towards him. He doesn't even need to look at the person approaching him to know who it is.


"Changkyun-ah, go to bed already. We've got an early schedule tomorrow"
"kihyun- hyung, five more minutes and I'll sleep ok?" he turns his head to look at kihyun, noticing the stray hairs sticking up in all directions.
"hmmmm, ok but just 5 minutes or I'll drag your to bed" kihyun threatens him. Pft! Like you could take me, you midget he thought to himself, but still he answered respectfully and promised to go and sleep soon. Kihyun seemed satisfied with his response and slowly trudged back to their shared room.


Changkyun let his head fall back on to the couch, his mind wandering again.
Since when did it became Kihyun -hyung? The one who's always concerned about me, nagging me, feeding me, the one who was always by myside. Since when did it change?


He looks at the door adjacent to his room. He wonders when was the last time he spent the night on a bed that isn't his own, probaby 2-3 months now?


He sighs knowing all his questions will remain unanswered for the night, he gets up from the couch and heads to his own bed, hoping tomorrow everything will be sorted for him.

 

 

"Changkyun-ah, wake up. We've to get ready now"


Changkyun groans and turns his back on the voice, covering his head with a pillow, holding back a string of profanities attempting to leave his lips because his sleep has been effectively disturbed. He hears his bed creak, feels his mattress dip due to the added weight. He shifts closer to the wall, still refusing to acknowledge the intruder that crawled into his bed.


"Changkyun...." the voice singsongs his name, he sighs to face his unwelcomed guest. His eyes landing on pale skin, bleached blonde hair, black eyes and pink kissable lips.
"Wonho- hyung, it's still too early" he complains, hugging his pillow close to his chest. Wonho brushes away some of the hair covering Changkyun's face, his hand settling on the younger's cheeks . A pang of guilt strikes through his chest, was he feeling guilty for disturbing the maknae's sleep? Or was he feeling guilty for something else?


"we have a recording today, remember?" he smiles at the younger, trying to push away his thoughts. Changkyun lets out an annoyed grunt before sitting up, he turns to the hyung lying comfortably in his bed. This is nostalgic, he thinks to himself, how many times have i seen this? How many times have i woken by his side?


"Changkyun -ah?" Wonho's voice brings him back from his thoughts. "you okay?"


"hyung, you woke me up and yet you're lying there on my bed and relaxing" he replies, he takes his pillow and lightly hits Wonho with it before he goes down his bunk and straight to the shower room.

When he finishes his shower, everyone was awake and munching on random snacks. He quickly heads back to his room and puts on a simple black shirt and denim ripped jeans, moving fast because he knows the food will be gone soon and he did not want to leave the house hungry.

As he turns towards the door he's blocked by a certain nosey hyung whose height is almost the same as his (Changkyun insists he's still a bit taller), he steps back a bit startled but Kihyun just smiles brightly at him.


"Kihyun-hyung, ever heard of knocking?" he says, but there was no hint of irritation in his voice. Kihyun his head to the side "it's my room as well, i dont see the need to knock" he says as he enters their room and sits on his bed "besides" he continues " do you really wanna be snappy at the one person who saved you some food?" kihyun lifts up a plate of kimbap to him, Changkyun attempts to reach for one but kihyun quickly retracts the plate.

He tuts at the younger "i was going to be nice to you and give this for free, but now I've changed my mind"


"hyuuuuung!!!" Changkyun pouts hoping he can win over his hyung through sheer cuteness and adorkability but Kihyun just laughs at him, still refusing to hand over the plate of kimbap goodness to him (which, honestly was just 3 pieces of kimbap, but with 7 grown men in the dorm, it's a miracle Kihyun got those 3 pieces)


" that's not gonna work on me Changkyunnie" the maknae scrunches his nose in disapproval of the nickname, "i want something in return" kihyun states.


Changkyun stares at him intently, weighing his options. It could be a week's worth of chores or going out to the market to buy food or worse he could be kihyun's errand boy for who-know-how long? But his stomach growls, stopping all his over analyzing in its tracks.


"fine hyung, what do you want?" he extends his hands anticipating the plate of food to quell his hunger. Kihyun gently hands the plate over, and he looks down at the floor before finally speakeing.

 


"Go on a date with me?" he asks shyly, and Changkyun chokes on his spit.